Black Vs White: Oppression Or Master Plan?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-19 09:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Except Brown and Garner were killed by policemen in areas where racial tensions between police and the public are high. It's tragic when any innocent is murdered, but summing up the recent events and media attention as black v white is incredibly reductionist.

"The media's not bias, you're a reductionist."

Stupid, sheep-ish, and insulting. Way to go Pleebo, that's a hat trick.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-12-19 09:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

@OP:

That situation where an idiot comes out of his house and shoots people he does not even know only because they're parked on his property is one of the things why there's a discussion about civil rights and anyone being allowed to own a gun.

Apparently a lot of people treat guns like if they were toys in the USA. Guns are tools, not toys.

And they are tools with a very, very grim purpose: kill.

At my country the discussion is a bit different. Here people talk about the guns being stolen and ending on criminal arsenals.

Here we don't hear much about people shooting others when they invade property.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-12-19 09:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Except Brown and Garner were killed by policemen in areas where racial tensions between police and the public are high. It's tragic when any innocent is murdered, but summing up the recent events and media attention as black v white is incredibly reductionist.
Except neither were murdered nor innocent.

It's being over portrayed in the media. Not saying there isn't an issue, but the crap is being fabricated beyond what it is.

At least they got actual white people this time, instead of with Zimmerman.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-12-19 09:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
@OP:

That situation where an idiot comes out of his house and shoots people he does not even know only because they're parked on his property is one of the things why there's a discussion about civil rights and anyone being allowed to own a gun.

Apparently a lot of people treat guns like if they were toys in the USA. Guns are tools, not toys.

And they are tools with a very, very simple purpose: shoot.
ftfy
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-19 09:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's all Pleebo ever had, stupid, sheepish, and insulting viewpoints.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-12-19 09:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
shoot.

Don't manipulate what I said. Shooting is the act of piercing something with a projectile. You can pierce things with knifes or swords too. But knifes and swords primary use is cut.

You can't cut with guns. And we could discuss the usefulness of making holes on stuff with a gun. Maybe a drill would be a better tool for that ?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-19 09:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Have evidence of that?

It's usually the other way around, especially in the case of Tamir Rice waving his toy gun after the orange cap was removed that automatically signified it as a toy gun in public, threatening people as they walked by, and then reached for the gun before being shot by police....

...all being caught on tape.

And, because the kid was shot by a white cop, of course the media jumped on it, and continued with the story of racism, even after the video was released showing a "suicide by cop" event.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-19 09:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Except neither were murdered nor innocent.

It's being over portrayed in the media. Not saying there isn't an issue, but the crap is being fabricated beyond what it is.

At least they got actual white people this time, instead of with Zimmerman.

So how many people does it take before it becomes an issue? I feel people are clinging to bad acts to distract from the issue that is the tension between officers and persons of color. You think hustling cigarettes is a capital offense now? I could eliminate these two people and bring in another two people who did nothing wrong and I fear only the excuses would change.

It's a running gag that being pulled over while black is a thing and even our patron saints of theater Levar Burton, Morgan Freeman and Denzel Washington - the motherfucking reading rainbow, god and badass mcbadass - fear being pulled over by cops. The reality is the morality arguments are ***. You're black? You fear dealing with police. Why? Because they look for any reason to escalate on you. Why? Because preconceived notions that go right up to the top of leadership.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-12-19 09:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

all this talk about reduction is making me hungry for a pan sauce...
maybe like a pork gravy....

why don't they have pork stocks in the store? or pork soup...

hmmmmmmm.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-12-19 09:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It's usually the other way around, especially in the case of Tamir Rice waving his toy gun after the orange cap was removed that automatically signified it as a toy gun in public, threatening people as they walked by, and then reached for the gun before being shot by police....

And, because the kid was shot by a white cop, of course the media jumped on it, and continued with the story of racism, even after the video was released showing a "suicide by cop" event.

Well I am not talking of kids playing around with toy guns being killed because policemen are worried about being killed by psycho kids.

I'm talking of fully grown adults who pull out guns like if the guns were toys and it could not kill.

It's a vicious cycle fueled by guns and violence. And you know, the guns are not the problem after all. They're just tools.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-19 09:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

shoot.

Don't manipulate what I said. Shooting is the act of piercing something with a projectile. You can pierce things with knifes or swords too. But knifes and swords primary use is cut.

You can't cut with guns. And we could discuss the usefulness of making holes on stuff with a gun. Maybe a drill would be a better tool for that ?
Then don't say things that aren't accurate.

As for shooting, it's the act of launching a projectile, not whatever it is that you just said.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-19 09:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to meet a grown adult male treat a firearm as a toy.

Everyone I know who would be classified as a "gun nut" emphases safety above all else.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-19 09:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I am not talking of kids playing around with toy guns being killed because policemen are worried about being killed by psycho kids.

I'm talking of fully grown adults who pull out guns like if the guns were toys and it could not kill.

It's a vicious cycle fueled by guns and violence. And you know, the guns are not the problem after all. They're just tools.
If you are basing your opinions by what is shown in movies and TV, then you do not understand America at all.

Whatever happens on movies is not a portrayal of what happens in the US. There are no cowboys who herd cattle by cattle trains anymore. There are no super-secret government agency who go after the evil mastermind from destroying/taking over the world (if they did, Nik wouldn't be posting anymore). There is no terrorist takeovers of the White House just so a splinter group can launch all of the US nuclear missiles while they are still housed in their launch bays.

Movies are fiction, created to entertain, not portray an accurate and objective view of a nation.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-19 09:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So what you're saying is Harrison Ford didn't kick terrorist overlord Gary Oldman in the chest and off Air Force One after looking into the camera and shouting: "Get off my plane"?

Nonsense.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-12-19 09:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There are no super-secret government agency who go after the evil mastermind from destroying/taking over the world (if they did, Nik wouldn't be posting anymore).

Maybe they just "need more training" like the secret service.

/sips coffee
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-12-19 09:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say anything wrong. Guns only exist to kill. You don't shoot a wall to fit a nail to then hang up a picture.

Edit: Hunt a deer with a gun is killing an animal. Hunt a deer with arrows is about the same. The only difference is that you're not shooting another human being.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-19 09:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
There are no super-secret government agency who go after the evil mastermind from destroying/taking over the world (if they did, Nik wouldn't be posting anymore).

/sips coffee

Secret Service is too busy training on South American hookers. North Korea could have already taken out the POTUS if only they used their stock of busty ninjas.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-12-19 09:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say anything wrong. Guns only exist to kill. You don't shoot a wall to fit a nail to then hang up a picture.

sure you do, it's called a hilti gun and you use it for putting nails in concrete

hilti gun
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-12-19 09:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Secret Service is too busy training on South American hookers. North Korea could have already taken out the POTUS if only they used their stock of busty ninjas.

that's how the soviets compromised the us embassy
By Jetackuu 2014-12-19 09:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Hunt a deer with a gun is killing an animal. Hunt a deer with arrows is about the same. The only difference is that you're not shooting another human being.
No, guns exist to fire projectiles.

As for your example, that's exactly what you do.

I've fired a gun numerous times, it has never been to kill. I enjoy target practice, and perfecting my aim. I don't hunt, and I certainly hope I never have to take a life, of anything.

Hell even the mighty feared AR15 is designed to wound, not kill.

What you said was entirely wrong, in every aspect.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-19 09:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They represent a symbol of force. They do not need to kill in order to be that symbol.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-19 09:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

/sips coffee

Asians don't have busty women though...

/sarcasm
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-19 09:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to see someone incite a massacre armed with a nailgun. They'd get knocked the *** out so fast they'd probably be the only one to die.

Like the old knife argument, the closer you get to another person with intent to kill, the more likely you're not Steven Seagal and are going to get *** up, put into a struggle, be unable to deliver a killing blow.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-12-19 09:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've fired a gun numerous times, it has never been to kill. I enjoy target practice, and perfecting my aim. I don't hunt, and I certainly hope I never have to take a life, of anything.

That doesn't use powder to shoot nails. It uses compressed air.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-19 09:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

/sips coffee

Asians don't have busty women though...

/sarcasm

Besides printing prosperity, mighty Kim Jong Un can create from the heavens legions of busty asian kunoichi armed with superior hacking skills and infiltration techniques designed to bring capitalist pigs to their knees. Obama will never know what him, like his approval rating.

Kim has already took down SONY, I ask who is next. Our glorious mockumentary on glorious leader lay in ashes, Kims bulbous might bringing fear to our captains of industry.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-12-19 09:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So? It still launches a projectile.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I mean this one uses magnets and electricity, but it's still fires a projectile.

Who the hell said anything about powder?
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-19 10:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lol...
 Shiva.Eboneezer
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2014-12-19 10:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Like the old knife argument, the closer you get to another person with intent to kill, the more likely you're not Steven Seagal and are going to get *** up, put into a struggle, be unable to deliver a killing blow.

There are mass stabbing deaths happening across the globe all the time. Many times, they're pulled off by people with small builds and little to no skills with knives.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-12-19 10:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The one I posted does
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-12-19 10:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to meet a grown adult male treat a firearm as a toy....
I have. You are fortunate.

There is an indelible picture in my head of this fool shooting himself in the chest while showing off the "safety" of an S&W model 59.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14