Black Vs White: Oppression Or Master Plan?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-22 12:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No I didn't. That guy is a disaster. If he quoted FBI statistics then it shouldn't be a big deal to find them.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 12:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
No I didn't. That guy is a disaster. If he quoted FBI statistics then it shouldn't be a big deal to find them.

Also you did say:

Actually, The myth of black-on-black crime is just that - a myth, designed to reinforce the idea that black men are violent savages.

If you didn't mean that people who point out black on black crime statistics aren't trying to say that black people are savages, then you should re-think your vocabulary.

Sorry, you loose.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 12:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Swatting them away? lmao! What a reach there Nausi. His hands are clearly in the air not swatting anything away.

They clearly couldn't handle this situation Nausi. I don't think it's setting the bar high to expect them to resolve the situation without killing a person.

I do love how you try to bring up ridiculous outcomes like giving him a pass as reparations for white privilege. It did give me a good laugh this morning.

Are you seriously suggesting he wasn't resisting the officer? The officer in the foreground reaches for his arm, then the guy becomes agitated swats it away, then the officer behind him who looks prepared for resistance begins to restrain him.
What I'm saying is, and what should be clear to anyone with any type of common sense, is that this man did nothing to deserve the action taken by the police. Since when do we need 6 officers choking and pinning down one guy causing his death because he was selling loose cigarettes? No he was not fully cooperating with the officers but he was not hostile either. He neither attacked nor did do anythign else that required the use of that kind of force.

Why won't you address that the officer used a technique that is not supposed to be used by NYPD officers? Why will you make every excuse possible for the police officer and make every judgement against the person who was killed?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 13:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Swatting them away? lmao! What a reach there Nausi. His hands are clearly in the air not swatting anything away.

They clearly couldn't handle this situation Nausi. I don't think it's setting the bar high to expect them to resolve the situation without killing a person.

I do love how you try to bring up ridiculous outcomes like giving him a pass as reparations for white privilege. It did give me a good laugh this morning.

Are you seriously suggesting he wasn't resisting the officer? The officer in the foreground reaches for his arm, then the guy becomes agitated swats it away, then the officer behind him who looks prepared for resistance begins to restrain him.
What I'm saying is, and what should be clear to anyone with any type of common sense, is that this man did nothing to deserve the action taken by the police. Since when do we need 6 officers choking and pinning down one guy causing his death because he was seeling loose cigarettes? No he was not fully cooperating with the officers but he was not hostile either. He neither attacked nor did do anythign else that required the use of that kind of force.

Why won't you address that the officer used a technique that is not supposed to be used by NYPD officers? Why will you make every excuse possible for the police officer and make every judgement against the person who was killed?

To the bolded above, when the suspect is almost a foot taller than you and weighs 350 pounds. I'm sorry that you cannot relate to the thresholds of force that the cops use, but they make sense, and they aren't racist.

The person was breaking the law. When people break the law, cops should stop the lawlessness. Right? They attempted to move the guy along peacefully, he wasn't receptive to that. What do you expect cops to do when suspects don't comply, say please? You really come across as someone who thinks there is a peaceful solution to everything and the cops failed their job because they couldn't find it.

This man contributed to his own death, he had numerous health problems and he resisted arrest. He put himself in the situation where the cops had to restrain him.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-22 13:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What I'm saying is, and what should be clear to anyone with any type of common sense, is that this man did nothing to deserve the action taken by the police. Since when do we need 6 officers choking and pinning down one guy causing his death because he was seeling loose cigarettes? No he was not fully cooperating with the officers but he was not hostile either. He neither attacked nor did do anythign else that required the use of that kind of force.

To the bolded above, when the suspect is almost a foot taller than you and weighs 350 pounds. I'm sorry that you cannot relate to the thresholds of force that the cops use, but they make sense, and they aren't racist.

The person was breaking the law. When people break the law, cops should stop the lawlessness. Right? They attempted to move the guy along peacefully, he wasn't receptive to that. What do you expect cops to do when suspects don't comply, say please? You really come across as someone who thinks there is a peaceful solution to everything and the cops failed their job because they couldn't find it.

This man contributed to his own death, he had numerous health problems and he resisted arrest. He put himself in the situation where the cops had to restrain him.
Nausi, you do have to admit that excessive force was used in this case.

While I don't condone the victim of his crime, I do think the officers went a little overboard on this.

Is this a hate crime? No, I don't think so.

Did the officers kill him because he was black? No, and anyone thinking otherwise will have a very hard time to prove it.

Did the officers use excessive force? Yes.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-22 13:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

When in doubt, claim the 350lb asthmatic is a threat when he's literally *** supported by 5 other officers at the ready. This isn't some roadside stop where backup is nowhere to be found and selling loosies doesn't make you a hardened criminal.

There was no need for a chokehold, chokeholds aren't NYPD procedure and the guy said he couldn't breathe a bunch of times while subdued and yet the choking continued. Better throw more officers on top of him when he's clearly been controlled.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-22 13:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Essentially the argument is if you don't bend over backwards to placate the police officers, you deserve whatever *** up fate they have in store for you.

It's not like dude was swinging on a cop, he was doing the usual song and dance that comes with dealing with cops then *** it, lets escalate because big guys are scary.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 13:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you keep trying to make this about race? I haven't at all. This isn't the first time he's been arrested. They didn't need 6 officers and then however many others ended up coming to the scene any other time did they? What made it so different this time?

What they have done in many other sitations to get someone to do what they wanted em to without causing them physical harm or resulting in their death. There isn't a peaceful solution to every situation but a non violent offender who was selling loosies does not warrant this kind of response. I don't really understand how you could think this was a proportional response.

The cause of death, as given by the medical examiner, was ruled a homocide due to the way he was choked and pinned to the ground. Not because he was a fatty.

Again you also ignore that the police officer used a technique that is not allowed by the NYPD due to its dangerous nature.

Id also like to point out that this is not an attack on police officers everywhere. This is specifically about this situation and how they clearly mishandled it.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 13:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

While I don't condone the victim of his crime, I do think the officers went a little overboard on this.

Did the officers kill him because he was black? No, and anyone thinking otherwise will have a very hard time to prove it.

I have issue with the word "excessive", I lived in Providence RI for a few years, during that time some mentally handicapped young adult, wrestled a gun from a cop and shot him inside the station while he was being questioned. The guy then jumped from the 2nd or 3rd story window and ran into the city a bit before practically the whole station tracked him down and brought him back.

The next time the public saw the kid he had the ***kicked out of him. Clearly done by the cops when they got him back. Was that excessive? You bet. Did the kid die? Not even close. Did he deserve it? You bet! I have next to zero issue with the cops kicking the ***out of a threat to their own, and these threats can come from anywhere. If I am ever pulled over I turn on all cabin lights, put my hands on the wheel and immediately inform the officer if I am carrying my fire arm at that time, as a courtesy to them.

I think people see the hold which is for like what 5 seconds if that? Then see the guy (who has asthma and heart problems) screaming "I can't breathe" and get suckered into the myth that the police aren't on their side. Show me the video of some guy being completely compliant to those authorities and still getting the shaft, and I'll buy into it. This guy is not that. Should he have been tazed instead? Does anyone really think that if he was tazed instead he wouldn't have gone into cardiac arrest?
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-22 13:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing i dont get is why didnt they resuscitate him? Choking doesn't kill, its he asphyxiation that follow 3-5min after losing consciousness that kills you. Cpr would have revived him if it was done, wtf were paramedics doing?
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-12-22 13:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have issue with the word "excessive", I lived in Providence RI for a few years, during that time some mentally handicapped young adult, wrestled a gun from a cop and shot him inside the station while he was being questioned. The guy then jumped from the 2nd or 3rd story window and ran into the city a bit before practically the whole station tracked him down and brought him back.

The next time the public saw the kid he had the ***kicked out of him. Clearly done by the cops when they got him back. Was that excessive? You bet. Did the kid die? Not even close. Did he deserve it? You bet! I have next to zero issue with the cops kicking the ***out of a threat to their own, and these threats can come from anywhere.
This is where it breaks down. By doing that, those officers are no better than the criminals they are meant to police; in fact, quite worse.
It explicitly isn't the officer's place to punish, either in retribution or in executing their duty.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-22 13:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pay no attention to Nausi, he lacks empathy and believes police (the gov't) can and should hand out death sentences so long as it isn't him on the wrong end of police brutality. How ironic. Your worship of the state is duly noted.

Using an illegal maneuver? ANYTHING IT TAKES TO SURVIVE.

The police officer had sufficient backup, was not in an immediate danger of being harmed and utilized a chokehold where there was no need for one. Once Garner was on the ground it was over for any threat. The police *** goofed, to think otherwise is to apologize or project your own fears onto the police.

Seriously, loosies. It's like killing the local drunk and then saying "Shoulda been sober." Really?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 13:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

The next time the public saw the kid he had the ***kicked out of him. Clearly done by the cops when they got him back. Was that excessive? You bet. Did the kid die? Not even close. Did he deserve it? You bet! I have next to zero issue with the cops kicking the ***out of a threat to their own, and these threats can come from anywhere.
This is where it breaks down. By doing that, those officers are no better than the criminals they are meant to police; in fact, quite worse.
It explicitly isn't the officer's place to punish, either in retribution or in executing their duty.

There are people who live in the world of ideals and then there are people who live in the real world where cops are still people. I have limits to the slack I cut cops, but beating up on a cop killer isn't close to it. Nor is putting a 350 pound man on the ground when he's clearly resisting the non-violent solution of compliance.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 13:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cops do not have the rights to assault a suspect in their custody. It is against the law. You should be pissed at them for doing it because of the civil suits that will always follow and your tax dollars that will end up in that persons pocket or his family's pocket.

That you give them the go ahead to just beat the ***out of people is just ridiculous.

This has nothing to do with ideals vs. the real world. Its about police officers engaging in illegal activities and then getting away with it. If they've already subdued a person and then they just start beating on them after that it not just wrong Nausi it's illegal whether or not you can justify it in your head for them.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-12-22 13:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The next time the public saw the kid he had the ***kicked out of him. Clearly done by the cops when they got him back. Was that excessive? You bet. Did the kid die? Not even close. Did he deserve it? You bet! I have next to zero issue with the cops kicking the ***out of a threat to their own, and these threats can come from anywhere. If I am ever pulled over I turn on all cabin lights, put my hands on the wheel and immediately inform the officer if I am carrying my fire arm at that time, as a courtesy to them.

Are we supposed to care about this completely irrelevant sob story?

I think people see the hold which is for like what 5 seconds if that? Then see the guy (who has asthma and heart problems) screaming "I can't breathe" and get suckered into the myth that the police aren't on their side. Show me the video of some guy being completely compliant to those authorities and still getting the shaft, and I'll buy into it. This guy is not that. Should he have been tazed instead? Does anyone really think that if he was tazed instead he wouldn't have gone into cardiac arrest?

No one is being suckered, and no one is falling for your spin. Putting a illegal chokehold on a suspect when he is already on the ground and killing him is not ok. All kinds of things could have and should have been done differently, none of which should have resulted in death, especially when its 6 on 1. And no, no one believes tazing him would have killed him.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-22 14:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think in this case, excessive force outweighed rational thought. 6 to 1 ratio of people fighting each other (which is what this boils down to, one side fighting against another) is a little excessive, especially on the cops side.

Were any of their lives in danger? Not really. Yeah, the 1 guy did weigh more than any of the officers, but it's not like the 1 guy pulled a gun on any of the officers, or any other weapon.

Unless that one guy showed the capabilities of Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan, none of those cops were in real or illusionary danger.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-22 14:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cops do not have the rights to assault a suspect in their custody. It is against the law. You should be pissed at them for doing it because of the civil suits that will always follow and your tax dollars that will end up in that persons pocket or his family's pocket.

That you give them the go ahead to just beat the ***out of people is just ridiculous.

This has nothing to do with ideals vs. the real world. Its about police officers engaging in illegal activities and then getting away with it. If they've already subdued a person and then they just start beating on them after that it not just wrong Nausi it's illegal whether or not you can justify it in your head for them.

Bhahaha, thinking Nausi has any semblance of internal consistency.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-22 14:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
And no, no one believes tazing him would have killed him.
Who said that? Got any creditable proof that a person with a history of cardiac issues won't have any issues when a taser is used on him?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 14:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It is against the law, I'm not contesting that. I have no problem with cops breaking the law in certain limited cases.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-12-22 14:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

There are people who live in the world of ideals and then there are people who live in the real world where cops are still people. I have limits to the slack I cut cops, but beating up on a cop killer isn't close to it. Nor is putting a 350 pound man on the ground when he's clearly resisting the non-violent solution of compliance.
If police aren't being punished for participating in illegal and harmful activities, that leads to a situation where people don't trust the police. Gee, sounds somewhat familiar.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 14:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think in this case, excessive force outweighed rational thought. 6 to 1 ratio of people fighting each other (which is what this boils down to, one side fighting against another) is a little excessive, especially on the cops side.

Were any of their lives in danger? Not really. Yeah, the 1 guy did weigh more than any of the officers, but it's not like the 1 guy pulled a gun on any of the officers, or any other weapon.

Unless that one guy showed the capabilities of Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan, none of those cops were in real or illusionary danger.

Again I disagree. 350 pound people on meth or other drugs can be practically unstoppable. As we know now that he had health problems, his mental and physical state weren't know to the cops when they confronted him. Cops have to be prepared for the worst case scenario.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-22 14:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, you should be lucky the police even bother to show up in your neighborhood despite being antagonized!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-22 14:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said that? Got any creditable proof that a person with a history of cardiac issues won't have any issues when a taser is used on him?

Tasers are legal. If he got tased and died of his own issues then it'd be an accident. The cop wouldn't have known.

Using a chokehold is not legal. If he died due to being choked then well... you get off scot-free and business as usual commences.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-22 14:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yikes. That level of authoritarianism is actually frightening.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-22 14:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yikes. That level of authoritarianism is actually frightening.

Fas
Fasc
Fasci
Fa-fa-fa-
***, I give up.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 14:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said that?

Does anyone really think that if he was tazed instead he wouldn't have gone into cardiac arrest?
So basically this guy was going to die no matter what they did.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-22 14:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Victim blaming: 2 points.

We didn't kill you, you killed yourself. He self-deported, from this mortal coil.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-12-22 14:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we supposed to care about this completely irrelevant sob story?

No one is being suckered, and no one is falling for your spin. Putting a illegal chokehold on a suspect when he is already on the ground and killing him is not ok. All kinds of things could have and should have been done differently, none of which should have resulted in death, especially when its 6 on 1. And no, no one believes tazing him would have killed him.

Lawsuit over excessive force after Taser death

Two more recent taser deaths

Yeah no one believes he could have died from the taser. Clueless as always Vic. Go back to bed its only 3 in the afternoon.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-22 14:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Done playing imaginary scenario building? Quit jerking yourselves off and stick to the facts.

Excessive force happened. An illegal chokehold happened. No cops were in any danger and besides the usual whining suspects do when the police hound them, nothing out of the ordinary happened. I've seen more intense ***happen on COPS.

Just another example of cops going too far and apologists rallying behind bad behavior so long as it ain't on your doorstep. The brave defenders of freedoms and liberty, bane of government become docile cattle when you have no skin in the game. How cowardly, how against your own values, how gutless.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-22 14:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So that's the argument? He would have died anyway. You guys are deranged.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14