Black Vs White: Oppression Or Master Plan?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14
By Enuyasha 2014-12-22 06:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
If youre going to use jpegs, at least use one that fits your condescension :(

plz seppuku, kthx.

I CLAIM THIS PAGE IN THE NAME OF OUR ILLUMINATI RACE PIMP OVERLORDS!

edited: found what i was looking for.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-22 06:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
How come these reports contradict themselves?

"United States Sentencing Guidelines restrict judicial discretion in part to reduce unwarranted racial disparancies."

Then it goes further along the lines of:

"What we found that the USSG should restrict the sentencing guidelines of African American males to reduce these disparancies."

So, by trying not to do something, we should go ahead and do it?

A hypocrite found a couple of hypocrite reports. Go figure.

(side note: even the data reported doesn't tie together)
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-12-22 07:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
How come these reports contradict themselves?

"United States Sentencing Guidelines restrict judicial discretion in part to reduce unwarranted racial disparancies."

Then it goes further along the lines of:

"What we found that the USSG should restrict the sentencing guidelines of African American males to reduce these disparancies."

So, by trying not to do something, we should go ahead and do it?

In 2007 (iirc, might have been 2005) there was a supreme court case overturning minimum sentencing in federal courts.

Which is where this quote comes into play

But that was overturned.

So they are saying is that this should occur again because:

It's also why the reports are broken down between 3-4 time periods because different laws were in place at different times.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-22 07:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
In 2007 (iirc, might have been 2005) there was a supreme court case over turning minimum sentencing in federal courts.

But that was overturned.

It's also why the reports are broken down between 3-4 time periods because different laws were in place.
So, they want to go back to a system that encourages more lenient rulings based on the color of one's skin? Isn't that what Pleebo's argument was in the first place, there were already rulings where people of a certain skin pigment already receiving racial profiling on their sentencing?

Still don't see the hypocritical point?

You don't "fix" a problem by making it worse....
By fonewear 2014-12-22 08:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-12-22 08:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Granted, there's plenty of people who commit crimes simply because they grew up in that culture, but I'd wager if we ended the drug war and privatized prisons, within a couple generations, most of these racial disparities would correct themselves.
Wait, what?
Why would privatizing prisons be a step towards resolving bias/lowering crime rates?
Quote:
hypocrite
noun fraud, deceiver, pretender, charlatan, impostor, pharisee, dissembler, Tartuffe, Pecksniff, Holy Willie, whited sepulchre, phoney or phony
You should use dictionaries for definitions, not thesauruses (although they may provide a very short definition for the context).
By fonewear 2014-12-22 08:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok serious question: Do you guys know what a hypocrite actually is?

No but I know what a ant eater looks like.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-12-22 08:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
In 2007 (iirc, might have been 2005) there was a supreme court case over turning minimum sentencing in federal courts.

But that was overturned.

It's also why the reports are broken down between 3-4 time periods because different laws were in place.
So, they want to go back to a system that encourages more lenient rulings based on the color of one's skin? Isn't that what Pleebo's argument was in the first place, there were already rulings where people of a certain skin pigment already receiving racial profiling on their sentencing?

No.

They want the minimums for everyone. Even under the parker law there was 5%~ difference in favor of white males over black males. As there are gender, citizen, and education level differences for the same crimes they want minimums or standards for each crime.

Instead of minimum sentences Judges have leeway to assign sentences based on 'other' variables. One example was a Judge viewing a person as having a stable family and a place in the community as worthy of a hasher sentence because that failed to have a mitigating effect on their actions. Another Judge was more lenient because it indicated the presence of stablizing influences.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 08:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Granted, there's plenty of people who commit crimes simply because they grew up in that culture, but I'd wager if we ended the drug war and privatized prisons, within a couple generations, most of these racial disparities would correct themselves.
Wait, what?
Why would privatizing prisons be a step towards resolving bias/lowering crime rates?
Quote:
hypocrite
noun fraud, deceiver, pretender, charlatan, impostor, pharisee, dissembler, Tartuffe, Pecksniff, Holy Willie, whited sepulchre, phoney or phony
You should use dictionaries for definitions, not thesauruses (although they may provide a very short definition for the context).
He said ending privatized prisons. Well maybe that's just how I read it but yeah privatizing all prisons is a horrible idea.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 08:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There isn't a black-on-black crime problem. It's simply crime, the large majority of which is committed within racial groups.

This is the dumbest thing you've ever said. Not only is black on black crime more of an issue than white on white crime, but black on white crime happens shocking more often than white on black crime. Despite that, I bet no one here will actually call blacks "savages" so we'll just give you another check for another strawman.

There's only one reason to insist that America's black community doesn't have a problem with crime. It's because you've been so brainwashed by political correctness that you refuse to judge them by the same standards as you do everyone else.

You're the racist bud!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 08:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The Garner case should never have happened in the first place. I don't care if the guy is 100 pounds heavier the cops shouldn't have ever been involved in the situation like they were. He was selling loose cigarettes. black white brown yellow red idc... why are the cops harassing someone for this and why would they need at least 5 other officers on scen to deal with it?

You shouldn't even have to make this a race thing to be upset about it.

Police officers are out there to protect the public not be a source of fear or worry to them.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-22 09:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Wait, what?
Quote:
hypocrite

End privatized prison, though it's not very clear from the original phrasing. Ending privatized prisons would eliminate profit as a factor in laws and enforcement.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 10:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
The Garner case should never have happened in the first place. I don't care if the guy is 100 pounds heavier the cops shouldn't have ever been involved in the situation like they were. He was selling loose cigarettes. black white brown yellow red idc... why are the cops harassing someone for this and why would they need at least 5 other officers on scen to deal with it?

Police officers are out there to protect the public not be a source of fear or worry to them.

The guy was selling loose cigs outside a local business. The business owner called the cops on him to get him to stop. It's illegal to sell them loose, him selling them loose outside the store was a legitimate reason for the store owner to call the cops.

What's your solution? Remove the ban and taxes on selling loose cigs, or just telling the store owner to pound sand?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 10:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

The guy was selling loose cigs outside a local business. The business owner called the cops on him to get him to stop. It's illegal to sell them loose, him selling them loose outside the store was a legitimate reason for the store owner to call the cops.

What's your solution? Remove the ban and taxes on selling loose cigs, or just telling the store owner to pound sand?
The issue doesn't have anything to do with the store owner calling the cops. The issue is the police force's inability to handle a simple situation without causing someone's death. Do you honestly believe how this turned out is ok?

My solution? Send a cop over there to tell the guy to move along. Idk where you come up with this nonsense about removing the ban or telling the store owner to pound sand.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-12-22 10:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it's all about money then it should be a civil issue. The state and city can sue for lost tax revenue and the business owner can sue for damages from lost sales. If he's costing the government and the businesses that much money that they need to send paid agents out to stop him at all costs, then it shouldn't be a big deal at all to hire a lawyer to take him on in court.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 10:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue doesn't have anything to do with the store owner calling the cops. The issue is the police force's inability to handle a simple situation without causing someone's death. Do you honestly believe how this turned out is ok?

My solution? Send a cop over there to tell the guy to move along. Idk where you come up with this nonsense about removing the ban or telling the store owner to pound sand.

They did that. The guy put up a stink and said something akin to "you aren't gonna to this to me this time". The idea perpetuated that this was some lone cop with a chip on his shoulder (not that that is your position) is junk.

He broke the law, the cops tried to move him along, he confronted the cops. If you wanna say that it shouldn't be against the law to sell loose cigarettes outside convenience stores, I have more sympathy for that than I do the argument that we should let bums just do what they want outside local businesses.

I'd also be sympathetic if you were to lament of course the fact that the economy is so awful that people have to resort to selling loose cigarettes to begin with.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-22 10:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They did that. The guy put up a stink and said something akin to "you aren't gonna to this to me this time". The idea perpetuated that this was some lone cop with a chip on his shoulder (not that that is your position) is junk.

He broke the law, the cops tried to move him along, he confronted the cops. If you wanna say that it shouldn't be against the law to sell loose cigarettes outside convenience stores, I have more sympathy for that than I do the argument that we should let bums just do what they want outside local businesses.

I'd also be sympathetic if you were to lament of course the fact that the economy is so awful that people have to resort to selling loose cigarettes to begin with.
Didn't you get the memo? Cops are no longer enforcing the law, they are there just to harass/kill African American males only.

So the liberals decree, it must be true!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 11:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't you get the memo? Cops are no longer enforcing the law, they are there just to harass/kill African American males only.

Flavin also refers to it as "causing someone's death". The guy died from cardiac arrest in the ambulance ride to the hospital. One can just as easily tie a line to his resisting arrest causing his death as they can tie a line to the cops having to forcibly restrain him.

I think most people don't think it's unreasonable, to be restrained by the cops when you resist their authority. Asking "was the response appropriate" begs also asking the question "well how much was he resisting?"
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-22 11:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

if the chokehold is against procedure(and it looks like it was) there's 0 excuse for them to have used it

whether the fat **** would have still had a heart attack and died without it is irrelevant, they broke procedure and anyone arguing for him has a case

however, pretending it's a racial issue is laughable at best and the dumbass who killed 2 cops out of 'revenge' will get less attention even though it's blatant prejudice against people he'd never met and never been wronged by
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 11:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The law will never change mostly for the fact that many of the laws in place already are to keep kids from buying them. Not that it actually works but yeah.

This conversation I'm trying to have has nothing to do with making this legal or saying that the officer has an axe to grind or looking for your sympathy on the matter. This has to do with the incompetence of these officers to handle this situation. Tehre was no reason for them to take him down like that and even after they did the guy still had his arm across his throat before he finally got off and even though the guy was down he felt the need to come around to the front and make sure the guys face was planted firmly into the cement.

This isn't the only guy in NY selling loose cigarettes. He's not the only one that's been arrested for it. He didn't attack the officers and he didn't put up a fight other then to raise his hands in the air.

What about this situation warrented not only the 6 or so officers that were there for the incident but so many more after that? How does this turn into a situation where supposed trained professionals can't resolve this without killing a person? What about this made it ok to use an illegal procedure banned by the NYPD.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 11:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

When did I make this about race? You're the one continuing the race argument.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-22 11:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

When did I make this about race? You're the one continuing the race argument.
Did I mention you at all?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 11:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Flavin also refers to it as "causing someone's death". The guy died from cardiac arrest in the ambulance ride to the hospital. One can just as easily tie a line to his resisting arrest causing his death as they can tie a line to the cops having to forcibly restrain him.

I think most people don't think it's unreasonable, to be restrained by the cops when you resist their authority. Asking "was the response appropriate" begs also asking the question "well how much was he resisting?"
Quote:
The medical examiner said compression of the neck and chest, along with Garner's positioning on the ground while being restrained by police during the July 17 stop on Staten Island, caused his death.

That's the medical examiners ruling and it was ruled a homocide.

Did you watch the video? They argued for a few minutes and then all of a sudden they started approaching him and he put his hands up in the air and said no. then the guy climbed on his back and choked him down and remained on top of him even as the guy hit the ground telling them he coudn't breathe.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-22 11:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets go to the videotape:
(ignore the commentary)

I cant breathe. Better keep that chokehold going after successfully pinning him to the ground with 6 people on top of him.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 11:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Lets go to the videotape:
(ignore the commentary)

I cant breathe. Better keep that chokehold going after successfully pinning him to the ground with 6 people on top of him.
Do I need to point out the obvious?

If you can physically speak the words (repeatedly) "I can't breath" you can in fact breath.

That's the medical examiners ruling and it was ruled a homocide.

Did you watch the video? They argued for a few minutes and then all of a sudden they started approaching him and he put his hands up in the air and said no. then the guy climbed on his back and choked him down and remained on top of him even as the guy hit the ground telling them he coudn't breathe.

Really? The video doesn't show him swatting away the officer's arms? Is that not in effort to resist?

Also they don't approach him "all of a sudden". He insists hes minding his own business, they know why the store owner called them (he's illegally selling cigarettes). He's CLEARLY NOT cooperating. If the suspect won't comply with police direction, shouldn't the cops take him into custody? Or should they just give him a pass as a reparation to white privilege and whatnot?

I mean when you lay into the cops when you say "the cops couldn't handle the situation", are you basically expecting them to persuade this guy to leave?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-22 12:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Swatting them away? lmao! What a reach there Nausi. His hands are clearly in the air not swatting anything away.

They clearly couldn't handle this situation Nausi. I don't think it's setting the bar high to expect them to resolve the situation without killing a person.

I do love how you try to bring up ridiculous outcomes like giving him a pass as reparations for white privilege. It did give me a good laugh this morning.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-22 12:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so you really do not know what that word means.

What do you mean by the data not tying together?

No, that was not my argument. The second paper makes the explicit point that sentencing discrepancies are most likely not the result of profiling by the judges.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-22 12:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the dumbest thing you've ever said. Not only is black on black crime more of an issue than white on white crime, but black on white crime happens shocking more often than white on black crime. Despite that, I bet no one here will actually call blacks "savages" so we'll just give you another check for another strawman.
Provide evidence for the bolded.

I never said you or anyone here called them savages. Thus, no strawman.
There's only one reason to insist that America's black community doesn't have a problem with crime. It's because you've been so brainwashed by political correctness that you refuse to judge them by the same standards as you do everyone else.
Um...
We know there is a crime problem in minority neighborhoods.
Also, l-o-***-l that you would produce a video by that guy as a legitimate argument.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 12:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Swatting them away? lmao! What a reach there Nausi. His hands are clearly in the air not swatting anything away.

They clearly couldn't handle this situation Nausi. I don't think it's setting the bar high to expect them to resolve the situation without killing a person.

I do love how you try to bring up ridiculous outcomes like giving him a pass as reparations for white privilege. It did give me a good laugh this morning.

Are you seriously suggesting he wasn't resisting the officer? The officer in the foreground reaches for his arm, then the guy becomes agitated swats it away, then the officer behind him who looks prepared for resistance begins to restrain him.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-22 12:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Provide evidence for the bolded.

I never said you or anyone here called them savages. Thus, no strawman.
Um...
We know there is a crime problem in minority neighborhoods.
Also, l-o-***-l that you would produce a video by that guy as a legitimate argument.

The video quotes FBI crime statistics, I uess you didn't even bother to watch it.

You can lead a horse to water...
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14