Black Vs White: Oppression Or Master Plan?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-18 21:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw an artical posted earlier that i thought might be interesting to see some responses to, considering many ppl on these boards. Decided not to post it, but then i saw this articil of Obama complaining in an interview with People Magazine about ppl being racially bias against him; thinking hes a valet while hes standing in front of a restaurant, or asking him to get a someone a cup of coffee at some black tie dinner. So i figured id post it. Its obviously written to make the writers point. But then again, so are most things written these days'

Quote:
There’s a terrible double standard in the mainstream media.

One piece at a time, that flaw is being revealed — but sadly, it’s taking tragedies to expose the problem.

A 12 year old boy is at the center of the latest tragedy that is being ignored by the news.

His name was Keith Passmore, and he was recently shot in Georgia.

While names such as Michael Brown and Eric Garner are receiving national attention, almost nobody has heard of Keith Passmore.

The reason is both simple and infuriating: This 12 year old boy’s death doesn’t fit the media’s narrative.

Passmore was sitting in a pickup truck with 20 year old Christopher Martin.

The two were parked outside a house, apparently waiting to pick somebody up.

Suddenly, a man dressed entirely in black clothing banged on the vehicle’s door and told Passmore to “open up.”

The older Martin recognized that they were in a dangerous situation and told the 12 year old not to open the door.

Martin started the truck and tried to drive away — but the would-be carjacker fired a handgun at them.

Christopher Martin was able to speed off. When he yelled to Passmore to see if he was okay, there was no response.

The boy had been hit by one of the bullets and did not survive.

As you might have already guessed based on the above reference to the media’s narrative, Keith Passmore was white and his killer is black.

In an ideal world, the race of the shooter and victim should not matter.

However, the media’s double standard and their obsession with one particular narrative means that we do not live in an ideal world.

“Black Lives Matter” is the slogan that is chanted by protesters and repeated by the media.

There is one important question: Shouldn’t all lives matter?

Something is deeply wrong when Michael Brown is a household name, yet a 12 year old boy is only a footnote because his skin color is too light.

It is a trend. Over the past several months, there has been a media circus over black men in places like Ferguson and New York.

Meanwhile, events that do not fit their narrative are quietly kept out of the news.

In Missouri, a white Bosnian man was violently murdered by a group of black men with hammers — yet it was barely reported.

Shortly after, another group of black thugs in the same location pulled a white woman out of her car and beat her unconscious. The media was strangely silent.

A white teenage girl named Ashley Marie Scott was murdered by a black shooter in Illinois. Her name isn’t in the headlines.

Four black gang members executed white police officer Kevin Quick in Virginia. It’s a safe bet that Al Sharpton won’t be holding a rally in his memory.

When the media promotes a chosen narrative on race and ignores deaths that don’t fit it, the racial division and environment of poisonous resentment only grows.

The double standard is an important problem that needs to end.

If you’re tired of only one side of the story being told, please share this story on Facebook.

Source
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-18 21:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

and to those that may not understand the second part to that thread title 'master plan'
Quote:
Now to balance the scale, I’d like to talk about some things that bring us together, things that point out our similarities instead of our differences cause that’s all you ever hear about in this country is our differences. That’s all the media and the politicians are ever talking about: the things that separate us, things that make us different from one another. That’s the way the ruling class operates in any society: they try to divide the rest of the people; they keep the lower and the middle classes fighting with each other so that they, the rich, can run off with all the f***ing money. Fairly simple thing... happens to work.

You know, anything different, that’s what they’re gonna talk about: race, religion, ethnic and national background, jobs, income, education, social status, sexuality, anything they can do to keep us fighting with each other so that they can keep going to the bank. - George Carlin
Script source
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-18 21:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Except Brown and Garner were killed by policemen in areas where racial tensions between police and the public are high. It's tragic when any innocent is murdered, but summing up the recent events and media attention as black v white is incredibly reductionist.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-18 22:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i kept waiting to read "plainclothes policeman" or maybe some other government agent BUT HERE I AM

DISAPPOINTED BY CONSERVATIVE FACEBOOK MEMES, YET AGAIN
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 22:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Except Brown and Garner were killed by policemen in areas where racial tensions between police and the public are high. It's tragic when any innocent is murdered, but summing up the recent events and media attention as black v white is incredibly reductionist.
In the case of Eric Garner, it's not just racial tensions, but overall distrust of the police.

But there has been cases where black cops shot and killed unarmed white men. Where's the outrage for that?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-18 23:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
In the case of Eric Garner, it's not just racial tensions, but overall distrust of the police.

But there has been cases where black cops shot and killed unarmed white men. Where's the outrage for that?

Who has the time when there's so much outrage to be had over the fact that Michelle Obama was once asked to help out another human being in need at a Target store? Priorities, King. Priorities.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 23:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Who has the time when there's so much outrage to be had over the fact that Michelle Obama was once asked to help out another human being in need at a Target store? Priorities, King. Priorities.
Let's get that out of the way then.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-18 23:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

When this POS was elected the only positive thing I thought at the time was.. "Well at least we can finally start putting all this racism BS behind us now".. Seems I was wrong and absolutely nothing good has came out of this presidency.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 23:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
When this POS was elected the only positive thing I thought at the time was.. "Well at least we can finally start putting all this racism BS behind us now".. Seems I was wrong and absolutely nothing good has came out of this presidency.
Wait, you expected a person whose only redeeming factor is being the first president who is a different skin pigment in the history of the nation to not play the race card every single waking moment (and some moments when he is asleep, like when he is reading from a teleprompter) in his presidential term?

I mean, he has shown what a wonderful lawyer he is, being disbarred and all.

Or his leadership skills from being a community organizer.

Or his outstanding Senate career, being that he voted "present" in every bill except two times.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-18 23:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, you expected a person whose only redeeming factor is being the first president who is a different skin pigment in the history of the nation to not play the race card every single waking moment (and some moments when he is asleep, like when he is reading from a teleprompter) in his presidential term?

Or his outstanding Senate career, being that he voted "present" in every bill except two times.

IKR! I feel bad! Imagine how bad people feel that voted for him..
Ohh wait.. He got re-elected.. WTF is wrong with people..
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-18 23:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Link?

There's two related issues at the heart of this - police militarization/brutality and tensions between police and people of color. No one is really denying the former or saying it's not a problem for everyone, but people are actually denying the latter. There no reason why both can't be addressed rationally other than people in the posted article who think focusing on one problem detracts from another.

You know, speaking as someone who has been reduced down to a stereotype on more than one occasion, it's not a great feeling even when it's an honest mistake. Yes, I speak English. No, my name is not Jose. Yes, my extended family is actually from America. But hey, LETS MAKE THIS POLITICAL K
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 23:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, he did keep his promises while going for the big job.

He did free all the detainees in Guatanimo, except he didn't.

He did make the government more transparent, except all those shady dealings his administration did with various donor groups and all those guns he gave away during the Fast and Furious event.

He did change the culture of Washington, into one that is so partisan it makes the Hatfields and McCoys seem like bosom buddies.

He did stop the "business as usual" politics in Washington. Now it's "business as usual until it goes to the Senate, then gets shelved to prevent Obama from being responsible and accountable for any bills he signs that he doesn't agree with, or bills that he vetoes that the public wants."

He did help create healthcare reform, except it is actually tax law and have very little to do with healthcare.

He did cut fraud in government, by directly giving money to specific companies instead of going through the hassle of applying for grant money, with extra money going towards his donors, even though all that money is apportioned for other projects.

Best of all, he did pull us out of Afghanistan, even though we are still there, 6 years later.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 23:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Link?
Here you go, and you can't really blame the source for being biased either.

There's two related issues at the heart of this - police militarization/brutality and tensions between police and people of color. No one is really denying the former or saying it's not a problem for everyone, but people are actually denying the latter. There no reason why both can't be addressed rationally other than people in the posted article who think focusing on one problem detracts from another.
Except it is not a national problem, it is a local problem.

Are you saying that because one white cop kills a black man means all white cops are racist?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-18 23:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, speaking as someone who has been reduced down to a stereotype on more than one occasion, it's not a great feeling even when it's an honest mistake. Yes, I speak English. No, my name is not Jose. Yes, my extended family is actually from America. But hey, LETS MAKE THIS POLITICAL K

Shouldn't you be saying that to the Obamas? On that note, you have to look past a lot of people on the left making race a political issue before you ever reach me.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-18 23:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, he did keep his promises while going for the big job.

He did free all the detainees in Guatanimo, except he didn't.

He did make the government more transparent, except all those shady dealings his administration did with various donor groups and all those guns he gave away during the Fast and Furious event.

He did change the culture of Washington, into one that is so partisan it makes the Hatfields and McCoys seem like bosom buddies.

He did stop the "business as usual" politics in Washington. Now it's "business as usual until it goes to the Senate, then gets shelved to prevent Obama from being responsible and accountable for any bills he signs that he doesn't agree with, or bills that he vetoes that the public wants."

He did help create healthcare reform, except it is actually tax law and have very little to do with healthcare.

He did cut fraud in government, by directly giving money to specific companies instead of going through the hassle of applying for grant money, with extra money going towards his donors, even though all that money is apportioned for other projects.

Best of all, he did pull us out of Afghanistan, even though we are still there, 6 years later.

So 3rd term for Obama? Screw it, we don't even need an election!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 23:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry, Obama will be running for president in 2016. Her name will be Hillary Clinton.

Different name, same empty suit.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-18 23:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC, the Taylor incident was recorded on dash cam or something where the events leading up to the shooting left little doubt regarding the officer's accountability.
Are you saying that because one white cop kills a black man means all white cops are racist?
Obviously!
Shouldn't you be saying that to the Obamas? On that note, you have to look past a lot of people on the left making race a political issue before you ever reach me.
Just because it was said by the Obamas doesn't automatically make it political. For ***'s sake, it was in People magazine. But hey, the bait worked so there's that. /hifive
By Altimaomega 2014-12-19 00:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry, Obama will be running for president in 2016. Her name will be Hillary Clinton.

Different name, same empty suit.

I don't think a white women can pull off the votes a black man can.
It'll probably be close but a certain how do you say... portion.. would rather go out looting that day.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-19 00:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow... But you're totally not racist, right?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-19 00:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC, the Taylor incident was recorded on dash cam or something where the events leading up to the shooting left little doubt regarding the officer's accountability.
Obviously!
Just because it was said by the Obamas doesn't automatically make it political. For ***'s sake, it was in People magazine. But hey, the bait worked so there's that. /hifive

Yup.. because the president isn't political at all!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-19 00:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow... But you're totally not racist, right?

I'm not actually. It's not my fault you think all minority's go looting.

(It was a little difficult finding a white guy looting a store pic but I think that's a white guy... )
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-12-19 00:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I stop watching the "news" because everything on TV is and always has been nothing but lies and propaganda
[+]
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-12-19 04:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I stop watching the "news" because everything on TV is and always has been nothing but lies and propaganda
By Voren 2014-12-19 04:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only black vs white so long as we continue to view it as such. I don't blame the media for this ignorance, I blame us. We accept this, we live in it, we decide to keep this as the status quo. Until our views change the media will continue to propagate this ignorance because it feeds directly into what we all accept.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-19 08:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
Until our views change the media will continue to propagate this ignorance because it feeds directly into what we all accept.

Is the media pandering to the ppl or are the ppl pandering to the media and there cooperate funders? Given the way ppl are it does make one wonder'

Odin.Godofgods said: »
That’s the way the ruling class operates in any society: they try to divide the rest of the people; they keep the lower and the middle classes fighting with each other so that they, the rich, can run off with all the f***ing money. Fairly simple thing... happens to work.

You know, anything different, that’s what they’re gonna talk about: race, religion, ethnic and national background, jobs, income, education, social status, sexuality, anything they can do to keep us fighting with each other so that they can keep going to the bank. - George Carlin
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-19 08:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing i will add to the discussion tho; the 'idea of police.'

Ppl seem to think that being a cop suddenly makes you an uncorruptable white knight or something. In reality, they are just ppl. People are people and will continue to act like people. (shocking) Having a certain job does not make you suddenly good or bad. Expecting all cops to be pure and truthful would be like expecting all politicians to be pure and truthful. (Might be a little lop sided, but the point is valid.) My father was military and a cop and he would be the first to tell you. A job does not make one infallible.

That raises the question of what is it that made ppl so upset over the 'police/black man' incidents lately.
Is it just because hes a police man? If it were a civilian that did the exact same thing, would the ppls reaction be the same?
Or is it a racial thing? In which case being a police officer had nothing to do with it.

Because the one view point we haven't had shoved down our throat is 'one person may have unjustly killed another'.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-19 08:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Kevin Quick in Virginia.
You know I've often joked that there's no gangs in this area, only wannabe hoodlums, apparently I was wrong.

I don't live in that city, but I've been through there and there a number of times.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-19 08:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
It's only black vs white so long as we continue to view it as such. I don't blame the media for this ignorance, I blame us. We accept this, we live in it, we decide to keep this as the status quo. Until our views change the media will continue to propagate this ignorance because it feeds directly into what we all accept.
Some of us may not accept the media viewpoint, but as long as the media panders to the mob mentality, their viewpoint will go unquestioned.

Don't believe me, look at recent discussions about the wealthy and their "not paying their fair share" even though evidence has been presented to everyone that states otherwise.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-19 08:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing i will add to the discussion tho; the 'idea of police.'

Ppl seem to think that being a cop suddenly makes you an uncorruptable white knight or something. In reality, they are just ppl. People are people and will continue to act like people. (shocking) Having a certain job does not make you suddenly good or bad. Expecting all cops to be pure and truthful would be like expecting all politicians to be pure and truthful. (Might be a little lop sided, but the point is valid.) My father was military and a cop and he would be the first to tell you. A job does not make one infallible.

That raises the question of what is it that made ppl so upset over the 'police/black man' incidents lately.
Is it just because hes a police man? If it were a civilian that did the exact same thing, would the ppls reaction be the same?
Or is it a racial thing? In which case being a police officer had nothing to do with it.

Because the one view point we haven't had shoved down our throat is 'one person may have unjustly killed another'.

The argument goes that police and by extension the criminal justice system sees minorities as less than. Why? American History. Often this argument is fanned out to police having an issue with harassing poor people which brings poor white folk into the fold but the over representation of blacks and hispanics as victims of the police speaks volumes about the racial tensions in this country.

Simple case of black v. white same crime? Guess who's doing more time. Why? Preconceived notions and leftover racism lingering in our cultural way of thinking. Powder cocaine vs. rock cocaine? Yeah. 'War' on drugs? Mhm. Stop 'n frisk? Yuh.

Small-minded folk reduce it all to race card because they either lack the experience or refuse to peel open the scab and look at history as a series of events that lead to the present. It's like watching those slavery movies where you become physically uncomfortable and want to GTFO.

I expect MLK to be invoked any minute now. Deified that man has become.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-19 09:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

we call that "mission creep"
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14