users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » GTA5 Removed from shelves
GTA5 Removed from shelves
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-04 15:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Classic example of the media stereotype, and feminists love basking in it. Men are savage tough guys, they can handle violence and brawny stuff. Women are dainty, and shouldn't ever be portrayed in any way as having to suffer injustices. Let's ban the game because it makes us women unhappy. Same exact reason why Steven A Smith was suspended from ESPN for a week. Say whatever you want about men, black, white, hispanic, whatever. Hint at even the slightest bit of insensitivity towards females, and you deserve to be shot, castrated, and hung in the public square.

I'm not a fan of GTA either, I just hate when someone's personal agenda becomes an issue for everyone else, and people actually listen to those lunatics.

Forgive me for being long-winded, but I'm just going to TLDR my statement as follows: F*CK FEMINISTS!
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-04 16:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Extremists Get GTA 5 Taken Down From More Stores in Australia

Ragnarok.Leysritt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-12-04 19:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this really even worth covering? GTA was a ***franchise, idk why I kept playing the installments thinking it'd get better...
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-12-04 20:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Because GTAV sold over 35m copies maybe.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-12-04 20:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter if you like it or not, that's not the issue here
[+]
 Shiva.Katharyn
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-12-04 20:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not entirely surprised at it being banned, Australia only recently even got an 18+ rating, if I'm not mistaken, before that, a lot of games were banned or didn't even sell in the country. Their quite rigid about censorship. So consumers pushing target and kmart to ban the product is wholly unsurprising, and I doubt they'll be the last to do so.

On the other hand, this can only actually help boost sales, as if GTAV needs any help, but still, publicity like this almost always generates sales for the title. People always go after the things people don't want them to have. And GTAV being the game it is, will likely sell even more, esp with the new enhanced editions and the upcoming PC version.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-04 21:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
It doesn't matter if you like it or not, that's not the issue here
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-04 21:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Katharyn said: »
I'm not entirely surprised at it being banned, Australia only recently even got an 18+ rating, if I'm not mistaken, before that, a lot of games were banned or didn't even sell in the country. Their quite rigid about censorship.

lets also not forget that it was just a month or so ago that we had toys r us removing product from shelves in the usa because a few ppl decided they didn't like it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-12-04 22:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

yeah. it's definitely only women that this game is targeting
 Shiva.Katharyn
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-12-04 23:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
lets also not forget that it was just a month or so ago that we had toys r us removing product from shelves in the usa because a few ppl decided they didn't like it.

That I would find a bit more understandable though.
After all, toys r us is marketed and primarily aimed at young kids through early teens, people who shouldn't play, and/or can not legally buy the title themselves.

So removing it from there isn't really a surprise or a problem. Target and Kmart however are typically more adult aimed stores, though obviously, they carry kids clothes and toys. So removing it from there makes considerably less logical sense.
By Voren 2014-12-05 01:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm willing to wager my retirement that "if" Take-Two comes out with a female protagonist that the game gets rave reviews from the "feminist" crowd, so long as there's plenty of violence against men.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-05 01:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

After all, toys r us is marketed and primarily aimed at young kids through early teens, people who shouldn't play, and/or can not legally buy the title themselves.

So removing it from there isn't really a surprise or a problem. Target and Kmart however are typically more adult aimed stores, though obviously, they carry kids clothes and toys. So removing it from there makes considerably less logical sense.

you know what toys r us targets? Ppl that want toys.
you know what targets kids? Kids r us.
By Kell 2014-12-05 01:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
I'm willing to wager my retirement that "if" Take-Two comes out with a female protagonist that the game gets rave reviews from the "feminist" crowd, so long as there's plenty of violence against men.

Of course. And that won't be misandry at all, somehow it'll be played as misogyny, because to question it at all reinforces negative stereotypes about women.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-17 21:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

you know what toys r us targets? Ppl that want toys.
you know what targets kids? Kids r us.