Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » [PC] A Bird Story
[PC] A Bird Story
VIP
By Kalila 2014-11-20 19:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

As a huge fan of Freebird Games and Kan Gao's storytelling, I was very excited to learn that there was another game in the works after playing To the Moon (highly recommended). After many delays it's finally here, and if you would like to learn more about To the Moon here is the topic I created for it.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41293/pc-to-the-moon

Narrative-driven with little-to-no dialogue

A Bird Story is a simple, surreal short about a boy and a bird with a broken wing. Despite being narrative-driven like most of my games, the story is told without dialogues.

Taking place in To the Moon‘s universe

While Dr. Watts and Dr. Rosalene aren't in this game (chronologically, it takes place before their time), the boy in it eventually grows up to become their patient in “episode 2″ of the series.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Some wonderful and familiar artists have kindly contributed to the game, such Jordan B., who made the lighthouse, Anya, in To the Moon, and Gabriela A., who drew all the memento pictures –also for To the Moon.

In addition, the game features a series of panorama paintings by Joakim Olofsson, who also made the title poster.

A Note on Stuff

Heya, folks. I know that for some who have played To the Moon, there might be certain expectations as to how the “next game” should be. And to be honest, I don’t really know how it’ll be in that regard –meeting certain quota or matching aspects of another game aren’t really things that I want to make them around.

However, what I can promise is that I’ll always be making what truly means something to me –and hopefully, to you too. I hope everyone could take them as they come, and enjoy them for their own merits.

Thanks for your kind support and spreading the word, folks; I wouldn’t be able to do this without you all. I’m grateful for it.

‐ Kan

A Bird Story Complete Soundtrack
YouTube Video Placeholder

Overview

Type or genre(s): Adventure, Short, Narrative
Platforms: Windows (PC), Mac OS, Linux
Length: 1 hour
Available on: Steam, GOG, Humble Store

Price: $4.99 ($6.99 with soundtrack is also an option)

A Steam Review:

6 of 6 people (100%) found this review helpful
OperatorHunterM
Recommended
2.4 hrs on record
Posted: November 18
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-11-20 21:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

:D
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2014-11-21 00:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

"To the Moon" was memorable...this seems promising, also. ^^

Although, from the thread title, I thought this was going to be about a Hatoful Boyfriend sequel. :p
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-11-21 00:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

:P
By Wordspoken 2014-12-19 21:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Played this through, it was interesting. Too short and too linear but extremely artful.

I've played ffxi, so I have wasted an hour much more boringly.

Edit: also this thread made me pick it up.