St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-26 08:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Oh, so you were only acting HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?
It's all been an act ever since he started posting. He's really an intelligent pontificator with a law degree from Harvard, but in his spare time he pretends he's a slack-jawed yokel slinging around baseless claims derived from statements taken out of context.

He's gone ahead and fooled us all.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-26 08:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So President Obama gave a presidential order to the governor of the Missouri national guard to stand down and allow racial civil unrest commence? How is this not a treasonous act against our nation? Is this not a clear act of proof that he broke his oath to uphold the constitution? President Lincoln used the us military to restore order to the south after the civil war THE UNION WON, do we need to remind the south again because clearly some folks have foggy memories or are just sore losers.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-26 08:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Protectorchrono said: »
Didn't something like this or something similar to this occur a couple years ago? Andrew Zimmerman trial about him killing a black youth? This is basically similar to what happened a couple years ago...Zimmerman gets off Scott free (like this policeman did), people riot, businesses torched, etc etc. Slightly same situation, but different scenarios.

So I guess this policeman is the new Andrew Zimmerman?

But yeah, this whole case should have been handled better. Most of us not being there at the scene to witness this can only go with what the news tells us, the media could have possibly covered up something about this and what really transpired with Michael Brown and the the policeman.

Either way, it's sad, another life is lost and no real justice served. I feel for the parents.

agreed 100%
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-26 09:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
So President Obama gave a presidential order to the governor of the Missouri national guard to stand down and allow racial civil unrest commence? How is this not a treasonous act against our nation? Is this not a clear act of proof that he broke his oath to uphold the constitution? President Lincoln used the us military to restore order to the south after the civil war THE UNION WON, do we need to remind the south again because clearly some folks have foggy memories or are just sore losers.
I've been searching, and still am searching for proof of this, all I see is assumptions and outrageous claims made to media outlets that are on-par with The Onion in terms of fact checking.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-26 09:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
It amazes me time and time again how the media can get the entire nation fixated on one death that they twist into a soap opera with misinformation, speculation and interviewing people that don't know ***about what happened. In the meantime they ignore thousands of other homicides that destroy the narrative they are trying to create for simpletons like Candlejack.

also agreed 100% but this draws a fine line with our 1st amendment. Your are right about social media throwing propaganda down our throats and misleading the american citizens. I find that troubling i only wish social media would be completely transparent as with the government to be completely honest much like President Kennedy said. here is a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxNw8OhmVZE&list=PLdV6ZG92TJ7B5zwK8dOKXI9D1eoucYxRh&index=12
By volkom 2014-11-26 09:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I've been searching, and still am searching for proof of this, all I see is assumptions and outrageous claims made to media outlets that are on-par with The Onion in terms of fact checking.

Civil War facts...

Quote:
In the American Civil War, Missouri was a border state that sent men, armies, generals, and supplies to both opposing sides, had its star on both flags, had separate governments representing each side, and endured a neighbor-against-neighbor intrastate war within the larger national war.
By the end of the Civil War Missouri had supplied nearly 110,000 troops to the Union and about 40,000 troops for the Confederate Army.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-26 09:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone actually reading into the outrageous claim shown above, the main gist of the issue is as follows: MO Gov. Jay Nixon (D) ignores the request of Mayor James Knowles III to dispatch the MO National Guard to Ferguson due to rioting. Later, MO Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder (R) did an interview on Fox News in which he publicly questioned Gov. Nixon and blames the Obama Administration for issuing an order to the National Guard to stand down. The tone of the claim was suspicion and assumption...on Fox News. The post above mentioning this claim is an example of the classic regurgitation of twisted info and not knowing what the *** one is talking about.
[+]
By volkom 2014-11-26 09:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard on the radio that the Gov decided not follow through with the plan to have the guard used earlier that night in fear of how it may appear on TV
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-26 09:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
I heard on the radio that the Gov decided not follow through with the plan to have the guard used earlier that night in fear of how it may appear on TV
I'd consider that a bad idea, as it ended up looking worse without them but this entire situation has been poorly executed. I don't know why they waited till after dark to announce the decision, who wants to fight rioters in the dark? They aren't going to just get tired and go home.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-26 09:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone actually reading into the outrageous claim shown above, the main gist of the issue is as follows: MO Gov. Jay Nixon (D) ignores the request of Mayor James Knowles III to dispatch the MO National Guard to Ferguson due to rioting. Later, MO Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder (R) did an interview on Fox News in which he publicly questioned Gov. Nixon and blames the Obama Administration for issuing an order to the National Guard to stand down. The tone of the claim was suspicion and assumption...on Fox News. The post above mentioning this claim is an example of the classic regurgitation of twisted info and not knowing what the *** one is talking about.

would you in your right mind allow racial civil unrest happen?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-26 09:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No, but I wouldn't simply blame it on someone other than the most obvious culprit; Jay Nixon.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Server: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2014-11-26 09:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd consider that a bad idea, as it ended up looking worse without them but this entire situation has been poorly executed. I don't know why they waited till after dark to announce the decision, who wants to fight rioters in the dark? They aren't going to just get tired and go home.

I would assume it would be to allow children and other citizens to get home from work and be in their homes. Would you want to try to pick your child up from daycare or school with all that bs going on?
By volkom 2014-11-26 09:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eboneezer said: »

I would assume it would be to allow children and other citizens to get home from work and be in their homes. Would you want to try to pick your child up from daycare or school with all that bs going on?
at least you could see who would be doing any crimes during the day time
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-26 09:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Schools were already out by the time they were supposed to announce the decision.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-26 09:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

These idiots should be ashamed of themselves.

Get off the highways. The rest of us who get up and go to work everyday to make the country work need to you know, go to work.

Can you all go pretend you live in a country where 93% of the time black men aren't killed by other black men (when they make us 6-7%) of the population somewhere else?
[+]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Server: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2014-11-26 09:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Schools were already out by the time they were supposed to announce the decision.

at 6pm? Commute? After school activities? Day cares? Seriously, let people get home before the pandemonium that you know is coming is unleashed. Imagine how much worse that could have been with vehicles driving around with their families inside. People would get stuck out there in all that crap with no intentions of being there. How do you get them home safely? It was a smart decision. Isolate the trouble makers and let the others be safe.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-26 10:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

at 6pm? Commute? After school activities? Day cares? Seriously, let people get home before the pandemonium that you know is coming is unleashed. Imagine how much worse that could have been with vehicles driving around with their families inside. People would get stuck out there in all that crap with no intentions of being there. How do you get them home safely? It was a smart decision. Isolate the trouble makers and let the others be safe.
Good point.

EDIT: Well, they cancelled school, I suppose they could've waited to announce the decision early the following morning.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-11-26 10:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Can you all go pretend you live in a country where 93% of the time black men aren't killed by other black men (when they make us 6-7%) of the population somewhere else?
So because blacks kill blacks its OK that cops kill blacks?
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-26 10:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No, but I wouldn't simply blame it on someone other than the most obvious culprit; Jay Nixon.

also Notice the R and D labeled next to those peoples names also known as political party's who represent in this order:

1. There party first
2. There special interest backers who funnel millions of dollars to them mostly big everything.
3. perhaps the american citizens but anyone could nudge us out there which i find truly OUTRAGEOUS.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-26 10:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

also Notice the R and D labeled next to those peoples names also known as political party's who represent in this order:

1. There party first
2. There special interest backers who funnel millions of dollars to them mostly big everything.
3. perhaps the american citizens but anyone could nudge us out there which i find truly OUTRAGEOUS.
To me, it just says there's animosity between the two.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-11-26 10:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Something truly incoherent.
Until you can properly articulate a thought, or even HAVE a thought to articulate, please go away.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-26 10:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i didn't say incoherent by the way, your also entitled to your opinion, i'll remain.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-26 10:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The inner grammar nazi in me is raging... WHERE THE *** IS MY RED PEN!?!?!
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-26 10:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
The inner grammar nazi in me is raging... WHERE THE *** IS MY RED PEN!?!?!
stahpur fcukng criticking u stewped aswhole
By volkom 2014-11-26 10:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Cops killing in general isn't an "OK" thing to do; Unless its justified.
People killing people in general isn't "OK" unless its justified.

In officer Wilson's case, the killing was justified and the evidence supports the decision.

If we bother to take a look at the officer killing a black guy here in ATX (was to the back of the head) that officer is being indicted.

I feel like the country turns a blind eye to problems when its a black person killing a black person. but as soon as its a white guy kills a black guy~ the ***hits the fan. But no one says a thing when a black guy kills a white guy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-26 10:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

No because blacks kill blacks we don't live in a country where racist whites kill blacks.

But to your point, I don't begrudge cops who shoot thugs who reach into the vehicles and try and take their guns.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-11-26 10:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And on a vaguely related note:

Man arrested; deputies say he aimed banana at them

Quote:
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) — A man is facing a felony menacing charge after two western Colorado sheriff's deputies say he pointed a banana at them and they thought it was a gun.

The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel reports (http://bit.ly/1rqFiVE ) 27-year-old Nathan Rolf Channing, of Fruitvale, was arrested Sunday.

According to an arrest affidavit, Mesa County deputies Joshua Bunch and Donald Love said they feared for their lives even though they saw that the object was yellow. Bunch wrote in the affidavit that he has seen handguns in many shapes and colors.

He wrote that Love was drawing his service weapon when Channing yelled, "It's a banana!"

The deputies say Channing told them he was doing a trial run for a planned YouTube video and he thought it would "lighten the holiday spirit."
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-26 10:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
27-year-old Nathan Rolf Channing, of Fruitvale
This is by far the funniest part of that whole story.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-26 10:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So I sympathize with the tragedy of killing a guy with a banana, but 2 things.

1) Michael Brown was not a poor guy holding a banana.
2) How often/many people are killed like this when they are of zero threat to the cops a year?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19