St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 22:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Just ignore reality and keep living in the 'everyone is equal' lie perpetuated by those benefiting from privilege!

Side bit: I love being called a racist. Never have I made any derogatory statements but the whiners can't help but attempt to construct a false equivalence fallacy to cover the fact they know nothing.

They don't know history, they don't know capitalism, they don't understand statistics, the ability to follow a chain of events or even how innate biases have very real consequences in the real world.

If you think black people are less than, guess who isn't getting that job with equal qualifications? BUT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. SO UNFAIR. We're filling jobs with unqualified blacks to fill quotas! Woops, there goes those innate biases associating an entire group of people with 'less than'.

I hear the job market is good for Wahmbulance Drivers.

Pot calling the kettle black if I ever heard it.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-11-25 22:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

How come when excuse makers and race baiters bring up "institutional racism" they leave out the two most important and basic institutions that decide whether you succeed or not in life: the family and the public school system? Because they actually bring into account personal responsibility and accountability, one. And two, the stranglehold that the public school Unions and the Democratic politicians have on the education system in cities that are disproportionally black by population. The party that is against school choice, the Democrats, is perfectly happy with the status quo.

A good supportive family, positive role models and a quality education decides your success in life.

Your excuses are pathetic.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-11-25 22:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A good supportive family, positive role models and a quality education decides your success in life.
Except there are a *** ton of people with those exact things that are in shitty places in life. And I could almost guarantee most of them are non-whites.

If you want to pretend racial profiling has no outcome on who gets the job, you're a delusional twit.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-25 23:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Except there are a *** ton of people with those exact things that are in shitty places in life. And I could almost guarantee most of them are non-whites.

If you want to pretend racial profiling has no outcome on who gets the job, you're a delusional twit.

Its not racial profiling,

Its Math.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-11-25 23:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't something like this or something similar to this occur a couple years ago? Andrew Zimmerman trial about him killing a black youth? This is basically similar to what happened a couple years ago...Zimmerman gets off Scott free (like this policeman did), people riot, businesses torched, etc etc. Slightly same situation, but different scenarios.

So I guess this policeman is the new Andrew Zimmerman?

But yeah, this whole case should have been handled better. Most of us not being there at the scene to witness this can only go with what the news tells us, the media could have possibly covered up something about this and what really transpired with Michael Brown and the the policeman.

Either way, it's sad, another life is lost and no real justice served. I feel for the parents.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-25 23:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Protectorchrono said: »
Didn't something like this or something similar to this occur a couple years ago? Andrew Zimmerman trial about him killing a black youth? This is basically similar to what happened a couple years ago...Zimmerman gets off Scott free (like this policeman did), people riot, businesses torched, etc etc. Slightly same situation, but different scenarios.

But yeah, this whole case should have been handled better. Most of us not being there at the scene to witness this can only go with what the news tells us, the media could have possibly covered up something about this and what really transpired with Michael Brown and the the policeman.

Either way, it's sad, another life is lost and no real justice served. I feel for the parents.

What kind of "justice" do you need for self defense?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-11-25 23:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

Its Math.
Nope still racial profiling. If you're judging a person based on racial stereotypes, backed by statistics or not, it's still racial profiling.

And those are based on convictions, doesn't accurately represent ***. Wilson murdered a kid but he likely isn't going to be recorded in those statistics.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-11-25 23:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Next time someone punches me I'll be sure to shoot them 6-8 times. After chasing them 90 something feet from my car. After they give up from 30-35 feet away from me.

Totally justified as self defense, right?
By Altimaomega 2014-11-25 23:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Its Math.
Nope still racial profiling. If you're judging a person based on racial stereotypes, backed by statistics or not, it's still racial profiling.

And those are based on convictions, doesn't accurately represent ***. Wilson murdered a kid but he likely isn't going to be recorded in those statistics.

Oh you're one of those. Never mind
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-25 23:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenil you can go ahead and disregard every chart that the conservatives post, they always get it wrong somehow. Often, nausi will post a graph that proves the point he is arguing against. In this case:

Only the first sentence is accurate, the rest of it is junk taken out of context. What the stats fail to say is these are just based on convictions, it doesn't take into account any unsolved or unreported cases. So yeah, disregard it completely.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-26 00:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Raenil you can go ahead and disregard every chart that the conservatives post, they always get it wrong somehow. Often, nausi will post a graph that proves the point he is arguing against. In this case:

Only the first sentence is accurate, the rest of it is junk taken out of context. What the stats fail to say is these are just based on convictions, it doesn't take into account any unsolved or unreported cases. So yeah, disregard it completely.

My bad, I didn't realize the percentages should be higher. I should have know better.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-26 00:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Its Math.
No, it's actually cherry-picking numbers. According to the cited data set, more white people are charged (NOT convicted as your figure implies) more often than black people for:

forcible rape
aggravated assault
burglery
theft
arson
violent crime
property crime
forgery
fraud
embezzlement
stolen property
vandalism
criminal weapons possession
prostitution
sex offenses, excluding rape and prositution
drug abuse violations
offenses against their families
DUI
disorderly conduct
vagrancy

The cherry-picked categories in your graphic (murder, rape, robbery and assault) only account for 4.3% of the total amount of charges listed by the FBI. There's also no accounting for repeat offenders (multiple charges can be attributed to one person), and it doesn't account for the disproportionate arrest rates between black and whites for certain crimes. Also, the FBI doesn't believe in Hispanics apparently, which would impact the numbers attributed to both black and whites. Finally, the numbers say nothing about those who were released after being arrested.

TL;DR: taking Facebook memes at face value makes you a moron.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-26 00:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Its Math.
No, it's actually cherry-picking numbers. According to the cited data set, more white people are charged (NOT convicted as your figure implies) more often than black people for:

forcible rape
aggravated assault
burglery
theft
arson
violent crime
property crime
forgery
fraud
embezzlement
stolen property
vandalism
criminal weapons possession
prostitution
sex offenses, excluding rape and prositution
drug abuse violations
offenses against their families
DUI
disorderly conduct
vagrancy

The cherry-picked categories in your graphic (murder, rape, robbery and assault) only account for 4.3% of the total amount of charges listed by the FBI. There's also no accounting for repeat offenders (multiple charges can be attributed to one person), and it doesn't account for the disproportionate arrest rates between black and whites for certain crimes. Also, the FBI doesn't believe in Hispanics apparently, which would impact the numbers attributed to both black and whites.

TL;DR: taking Facebook memes at face value makes you a moron.

You Taking them seriously enough to write all that *** is hysterical.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-26 00:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, so you were only acting HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-11-26 00:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You're absolutely correct here. What isn't considered though is that institutionalized racism is at fault for the destruction of these things. The culture of poverty is degenerative and caustic, and the flames are not smothered but fanned.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-26 00:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe KN would call this backpedaling. And give it a 2/10.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-26 00:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Oh, so you were only acting HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?

I believe KN would call this backpedaling. And give it a 2/10.

You guys really wanna dispute that blacks have higher statics towards violence than whites? IN THE St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh Thread! Hahahahahahaaa. oh man ffs..
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-11-26 00:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you're one of those. Never mind
A cop killing someone is listed as homicide on a death certificate.

He is correct in stating that those statistics are not included. Justifiable homicide has its own category for the FBI but it is not accurate data.

How many police shootings a year? No one knows
Quote:
Officials with the Justice Department keep no comprehensive database or record of police shootings, instead allowing the nation’s more than 17,000 law enforcement agencies to self-report officer-involved shootings as part of the FBI’s annual data on “justifiable homicides” by law enforcement.

That number – which only includes self-reported information from about 750 law enforcement agencies – hovers around 400 “justifiable homicides” by police officers each year. The DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics also tracks “arrest-related deaths.” But the department stopped releasing those numbers after 2009, because, like the FBI data, they were widely regarded as unreliable.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-26 00:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing I don't get about that graphic are the pictures. Sharpton, accompanied by a cute black baby, holding a race baiting sign when the graphic itself is intended to race bait. Like, what? lol
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-26 00:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No, we simply don't need you to continue to post misinformation. Bold, underline, laugh all you want, the graphic you posted is not accurate at all.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-11-26 00:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean that, that is assuming if what the news said is true, then that black youth got killed for no reason, especially if he was unarmed like the media seems to claim. The Policeman didn't have to shoot the kid. If the kid was unarmed and had his hands up then the policeman could have just cuffed him and that's it. He would be arrested, NOT dead.

In the end, the parents lost their son, and the policeman didn't even get a suspension or anything. So yeah, "no real justice".

Of course, I know that the media can cover up stories like that, then there's under the table deals and other BS like that so really who really knows what happened, but that was assuming what the news said and if that were to be true.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-26 01:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No

ftfy
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-11-26 01:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish this was compiled on something other than facebook. But it is interesting.

"KilledByPolice" facebook page has linked numerous (1752) confirmed homicides via news reports since May 1, 2013.
https://www.facebook.com/KilledByPolice
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-11-26 02:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean that, that is assuming if what the news said is true, then that black youth got killed for no reason, especially if he was unarmed like the media seems to claim. The Policeman didn't have to shoot the kid. If the kid was unarmed and had his hands up then the policeman could have just cuffed him and that's it. He would be arrested, NOT dead.

In the end, the parents lost their son, and the policeman didn't even get a suspension or anything. So yeah, "no real justice".

Of course, I know that the media can cover up stories like that, then there's under the table deals and other BS like that so really who really knows what happened, but that was assuming what the news said and if that were to be true.

Thing being, autopsy report proved the kid did NOT have his hands up and was shot from a distance of 8-10 feet. The "unarmed" kids size was enough to consider him armed after he began to assault the smaller cop while he was inside his vehicle. The kids blood being in the car and his thumb being shot off in the car proves that is true too. The cop feared for his life and acted in self-defense period.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-11-26 06:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
You're absolutely correct here. What isn't considered though is that institutionalized racism is at fault for the destruction of these things. The culture of poverty is degenerative and caustic, and the flames are not smothered but fanned.

No a shitty public education system in densely populated cities is the cause. You would be too scared to step foot in a Philadelphia public school, let alone nastier places like Chicago.

Every number is inflated when you look at the population as a whole because the population of cities are disproportionately black compared our population as a whole. Your best chance to succeed is to get the hell out of the city you are stuck in, where there are no jobs. The nest way to do that is to get a good and safe education accompanied with constructive extra-curricular activities. None of this is available in our inner-cities, This leads to broken families as children drop out or don't get an education worth a ***. The problem gets compounded.

I don't know how anyone can be against charter schools and a voucher program to pay for the quality education. The only reason anyone would is if they value Union dues over educating children and the campaign contributions that result from them.

Just saying employers are racist is such a pathetic cop out. If you set a goal for yourself, the worst thing you can do is have a built-in excuse for why you failed before you even start.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-11-26 07:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It amazes me time and time again how the media can get the entire nation fixated on one death that they twist into a soap opera with misinformation, speculation and interviewing people that don't know ***about what happened. In the meantime they ignore thousands of other homicides that destroy the narrative they are trying to create for simpletons like Candlejack.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-11-26 07:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I don't have any hard statistics to back this up, but I'm almost certain that robbing convenience stores and fighting with police or other armed individuals tends to lower one's life expectancy substantially regardless of the color of one's skin.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-26 08:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I admit, I only skimmed this page and didn't pay much attention. No caffeine yet. But I saw that someone uttered the name "Andrew Zimmerman" and I didn't see anyone say anything nor bat an eye. So here you go;

Andrew Zimmern: Eats bugs and phallic shellfish.

George Zimmerman: Kills black kids because he masturbates to the idea of being a cop.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19