Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles X
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-06 09:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So for anyone who isn't aware, this godly rpg (which is said to have some kind of online interactions) will be releasing for Wii U in Spring 2015 for Japan. With all the translating needed to be done, finding suitable English names for all the many weapons, armors, items, characters. enemies etc, and dubbing voices, it'll probably be quite some time for a western release.

YouTube Video Placeholder

-35mins or so of Xenoblade Chronicles X footage, this was shown at E3 this year.

-This was shown at the Nintendo Direct yesterday evening.

Stunning game quite frankly, I honestly haven't been this excited for a game release for quite some time.

Something Xenoblade Chronicles was popular for wasn't just the story and stunning world in which to explore, but the music too.
Not much has been shown but if you're interested, here is the Main Title theme:

And the trailer theme (vocal, best @2:11):
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-01-14 09:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump with news!

New trailer, with release date at the end states a 29/4/2015 release in Japan.

I'm not really any good at predicting when games will come to us, but localization for this game could take quite some time, and we obviously don't know how much they have done so far. I'd say maybe around September, 2015 for us?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-14 09:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Bump with news!

New trailer, with release date at the end states a 29/4/2015 release in Japan.

I'm not really any good at predicting when games will come to us, but localization for this game could take quite some time, and we obviously don't know how much they have done so far. I'd say maybe around September, 2015 for us?

I saw a trailer for this when I bought my 3DS, is this a 3DS game or a Wii? I have both, but would prefer it 3DS atm.... either way I creamed myself when I saw the trailer. @.@
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-01-14 09:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's for the Wii U, and yeah it looks pretty damn incredible. I really haven't been excited for game like this for a very long time.
By Wordspoken 2015-01-14 10:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Trailer does have that "see me, buy me, play me" - vibe.
By Heimdel 2015-01-14 10:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It was already on the Wii with english dubed (britsh accents) as a limited release. A copy was going for 75 + as gamestop was only one with rights to sell it. Graphic were kind of bad though unles you bought the hi def cable.

Edit: Ok this is weird. It has the same name and graphic type/play style but seems liek a completly different game than the Wii version.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-01-14 10:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
It was already on the Wii with english dubed (britsh accents) as a limited release. A copy was going for 75 + as gamestop was only one with rights to sell it. Graphic were kind of bad though unles you bought the hi def cable.

Edit: Ok this is weird. It has the same name and graphic type/play style but seems liek a completly different game than the Wii version.

You're thinking Xenoblade Chronicles.

This is Xenoblade Chronicles X, the next installation of the series, and has yet to be released anywhere.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-01-14 10:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

HNNNNNGH
[+]
By Heimdel 2015-01-14 10:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Heimdel said: »

You're thinking Xenoblade Chronicles.

This is Xenoblade Chronicles X, the next installation of the series, and has yet to be released anywhere.

Oh ok Didn't notice the X.
By likard 2015-01-14 10:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it will be released on the new 3ds as well. Which just got a US and Eu release date of feb 13.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-01-14 11:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

likard said: »
Actually it will be released on the new 3ds as well. Which just got a US and Eu release date of feb 13.

Source?

Xenoblade Chronicles is getting released on the New 3DS, but I didn't see anything about Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-14 11:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They have pretty goofy faces but it looks like a great game
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-01-14 11:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
how is the battle system in this game? the video didn't show if it was turn based or anything >_>

The first post of this thread has some gameplay footage.

If I was to explain the gameplay though, it is like FFXIV.

The game auto-attacks for you while you stand around a monster, and you can select and use different abilities as you unlock them via levelling up.

Typical abilities include cooldowns that increase your DPS outright, defensive-buff abilities, etc. Then there are Weaponskill kind of abilities, that deal good damage, and can even deal bonus damage if used in a certain position of a monster (so for example, there was an ability in the previous game called "Bask Slash" that would double your damage if it were used from behind a monster.)

There is no TP system, so abilities and weaponskills are all on a cooldown. This game features Mechs, whereas the previous game didn't, so I am not sure how the Mechs will fit into the combat system. Not clearly, anyway.

This game also features the ability to switch between a ranged weapon, and a melee weapon in mid battle. Something you weren't able to do in the previous installation. In fact most characters in the previous game didn't even have a ranged weapon, let alone be able to switch to one in mid battle. You could use any of the characters in the previous game, like you can in this one. The characters were limited to one weapon type that was pre-chosen, doesn't seem to be the case in this game.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By likard 2015-01-14 11:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Im on my phone right now so hard to search for it. I thought they announced it at a nintendo direct the same day the announced the new 3ds. Perhaps I misunderstood the article. The first I heard of the original xenoblade coming to 3ds was today's nintendo direct. If I spoke wrong, I apologize.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2015-01-14 12:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

likard said: »
Im on my phone right now so hard to search for it. I thought they announced it at a nintendo direct the same day the announced the new 3ds. Perhaps I misunderstood the article. The first I heard of the original xenoblade coming to 3ds was today's nintendo direct. If I spoke wrong, I apologize.
Xenoblade port for New 3DS was announced during the last Direct, but they also showed it during today's.

Xenoblade X for the Wii U is a different game which was announced many Directs ago, and it's only for the Wii U
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-01-30 10:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump with news!

Quote:
Famitsu this week has new details on Xenoblade Chronicles X. Specifically, the magazine details the eight unions players will be able to join, the size of the world, and more. The size of the world is going to be 5 times that of Xenoblade Chronicles, it will be 400 square kilometers.

Get the details below.

Start of the Game

At the beginning of the story, the goal is to survive the uncivilized planet of Mira. After meeting up with private military organization Blade, you’ll choose from one of eight affiliated unions, each with their own overarching objective to fill, and embark on quests. It’s possible to join a different union later. Unlike the linear progression of the original Xenoblade Chronicles, the successor’s story will unfold in various directions.

Unions

The eight unions are:

Pathfinder - In charge of data probe installation.
Interceptor - In charge of exterminating protists.
Avalanche - In charge of hunting down dangerous life forms.
Testament - In charge of the search and recovery of debris scattered by the ship, as well as the recovery of items lost on the battlefield.
Corepedian - In charge of visiting areas and investigation/collecting materials.
Land Bank - In charge of securing resources and collecting minerals.
Arms - Assists the Arms Company in charge of the development of Dolls and their inner weaponry.
Companion - A Jack of all trades, from the mediation of petty fights to the search of stray cats.

Other Tidbits

1) The concept of the game’s online mode is to be “‘loosely connected’ with other players”—to have a sense of solidarity without feeling constantly aware of other players’ presence.

2) The size of the field is five times the previous game (400 square kilometers) and fully seamless. However, there is loading during event scenes.

3) The map is visible on the Wii U GamePad. Each area is indicated by a hex. Touching them can perform things such as quick travel or check events.

4) The sense of speed from the previous game’s battles has been elevated, and players can attack freely while switching between short and long ranges.

5) No character explicitly serves as a healer, meaning it’s important to gauge one’s capabilities relative to those of an enemy before picking fights.

6) “Soul Voice” is a system that can be triggered in reaction to party members that are able to string their attacks well. With well-timed button presses, HP can be healed, making it possible to continuously heal while attacking.

7) Parties consist of four people: the player character and three AI companions.
Dolls are exceptionally powerful, but in exchange for that, their movement can’t be finely controlled, meaning they can’t take out enemy body parts.

8) Being able to do so is important, as it can weaken them and yield items, among other things. As a result, players will have to disembark at times and fight enemies themselves.

9) A number of new “Unique Monsters” have been added compared to the previous game, some powerful enough to cross swords with the Doll robots.

10) Playtime in the game has been recorded to exceed 300 hours while doing final checks, with some elements potentially continuing endlessly.

11) There are over 90 songs featured in the game, all of which were worked on by Hiroyuki Sawano.

Some interesting infos. I'm not sure how I feel about the story being split into different stories to follow, and not following one linear one. Hopefully they'll all merge with each other at some point. Considering the world and the goal of the surviving humanity is to colonize this new world, I don't think it's a bad direction, guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'll go over some of the "tidbit" notes for those not familiar what exactly they refer to. I've numbered each point, I'll go down in that fashion.

1) Not sure exactly what this means, this game from the start hinted at some kind of online co-op features. We'll have to wait and see what is done with this.

2) Self-explanatory.

3) This is pretty much self-explanatory, but to give some visual idea:
[/i]

This is the map on the gamepad, to help you traverse the world. It shows key locations, landmarks, your position, side-quest/main-quest waypoints, and some other assorted things.

4) Self-explanatory.

5 and 6)

The classes are DPS and tank. There is no healer or buff class, each DPS comes with means to heal themselves (abilities) and means to buff themselves (DPS cool-down abilities, so in a sense, like Berserk etc in FFXI)

In addition to healing arts, non-cinematic QTE occur occasionally throughout battles. You get prompt to press a button or trigger, and if done successfully, receive some short-duration buffs, and get healed for a certain amount.

7) Self-explanatory for the most part, but it is worth mentioning you can change to any character pre-battle. So if you get bored of your character, you can play one of the AI companions.

8) Self-explanatory, but breaking monster parts is very similar to the Monster Hunter series, to give you some idea of how it works.

9) This sounds like they have added more Unique Monsters (basically notorious monsters) in this game than they did in Xenoblade Chronicles, which of course makes sense given the game size difference. It's worth noting that there was a lot of Unique Monsters in the previous Xenoblade game. Also seems to imply there will be some monsters in the game (commonly referred to as superbosses) that'll require the use of the dolls (the mechs are referred to as dolls)

10) Self-explanatory.

11) This is the composer best known for the soundtracks in the anime "Attack on Titan". Could be well known for other things, but I only ever see Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) mentioned.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-02-06 09:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump with news!

The video below is all in Japanese with subs, it's mostly showing you around the main town, Los Angeles, exploring the wilds a bit more in detail and showing some of it's magnificent wildlife. It also explains some of the factions you can join, how quests work, and showing you to use probes to unlock data on your (gamepad) map.

One piece of significant news:

"32 players loosly connected at once"
"4 player online co-op"

Immense. That's gonna be great. Anyways, the vid:

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-02-08 17:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.

The video above now has English subtitles, so for anyone who hasn't seen yet, or would like to re-watch knowing what is being said, there ya go.

(Will need to turn subtitles on via the option at the bottom right of the video.)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-03-15 07:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump with news! although abit late, but was waiting for a full translation. Thanks to Gessenkou and iYakku for the translations.

The video below explains in-depth the combat gameplay, and shows a few other things such as shops and the possible armor sets obtainable.

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [253 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-11-23 05:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump!

So, this piece of awesome releases for the west shortly(finally!!!!). I was interested to see who planned on picking it up, perhaps throw some Nintendo ID's out.