New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Another School Shooting
Another School Shooting
By fonewear 2014-10-24 18:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
*** yeah another school shooting !

At least he was going to school ! You guys have to put a negative spin on everything.
[+]
By Voren 2014-10-24 18:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever happened to if you didn't like someone you challenged them, word spread like wildfire, and after school the two of you went to the wooded area off campus and beat the brakes off each other. Afterwards you'd go separate ways and let everyone else decide the victor.

We need to bring back the grunge era. School shootings were a rarity, most time was spent trying to figure out Pearljam lyrics.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-24 18:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
Whatever happened to if you didn't like someone you challenged them, word spread like wildfire, and after school the two of you went to the wooded area off campus and beat the brakes off each other. Afterwards you'd go separate ways and let everyone else decide the victor.

We need to bring back the grunge era. School shootings were a rarity, most time was spent trying to figure out Pearljam lyrics.
I spent my youth trying and found out that Vedder often changed the lyrics and improvised... That *** fooled us all.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-10-24 18:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's some hardcore nostalgia goggling you've got there. The more likely scenario was someone and five of his biggest friends beating the ***out of some ni***r/Jew/fa***t daily for 10 years and inexplicably never getting justifiably shot for it. I assume there's some correlation between availability of firearms and/or their portability, but considering how easy it has always been to get a hunting rifle, I'm hesitant to jump on that particular bandwagon.

Violence in schools is practically non-existent compared to our parents' and grandparents' days. I'm personally convinced that the the rise in disproportionate response (i.e., school shootings) is more a function of the fame factor that results from mass media whoring. It's right in line with all the other hashtag-yolo ***that stupid *** who need to be culled from the genome do on a daily basis. Rather than debate about guns, I'd rather see us boycott the news media until they stop reporting this on a national level.

I live in a fairly low violence city (according to FBI crime statistics, anyhow) yet can turn on my local morning news show virtually every day to hear about shots fired and/or people injured/killed, often in places right along the route I use to go to work. Strange how it doesn't make national news that another low income, possibly ethnic adult started pumping bullets into his neighbor's family home where three generations live. I feel certain the level of destruction would increase hugely if CNN covered that sort of thing, considering how regularly I hear those news stories and find that of a dozen recorded shots, exactly zero struck any of the 8 people asleep inside.
By Altimaomega 2014-10-24 18:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't exist now that everyone is a winner and no answer is wrong.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-10-24 18:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

That doesn't exist now that everyone is a winner and no answer is wrong.

My dream is for one of my kids to grow up and get a Master's Degree in Participation.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-10-24 18:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
That's some hardcore nostalgia goggling you've got there. The more likely scenario was someone and five of his biggest friends beating the ***out of some ni***r/Jew/fa***t daily for 10 years and inexplicably never getting justifiably shot for it. I assume there's some correlation between availability of firearms and/or their portability, but considering how easy it has always been to get a hunting rifle, I'm hesitant to jump on that particular bandwagon.

Violence in schools is practically non-existent compared to our parents' and grandparents' days. I'm personally convinced that the the rise in disproportionate response (i.e., school shootings) is more a function of the fame factor that results from mass media whoring. It's right in line with all the other hashtag-yolo ***that stupid *** who need to be culled from the genome do on a daily basis. Rather than debate about guns, I'd rather see us boycott the news media until they stop reporting this on a national level.

I live in a fairly low violence city (according to FBI crime statistics, anyhow) yet can turn on my local morning news show virtually every day to hear about shots fired and/or people injured/killed, often in places right along the route I use to go to work. Strange how it doesn't make national news that another low income, possibly ethnic adult started pumping bullets into his neighbor's family home where three generations live. I feel certain the level of destruction would increase hugely if CNN covered that sort of thing, considering how regularly I hear those news stories and find that of a dozen recorded shots, exactly zero struck any of the 8 people asleep inside.
[/b]

What do you mean? Is this supposed to be sarcastic or do you not realize how hard it is to actually shoot through a house wall.. Bullets only work like that in the movies dude.. Actually your entire rambling makes about zero sense and now I feel bad for taking the time to write this...
By Blazed1979 2014-10-24 18:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 20 year old graduate trainees coming into work asking me when they will get promoted to be a manager on their first day of work.

Some kids put pyramids and different Illuminati symbolism on their cubicles hoping they will get noticed. I'm not shitting you.
We have some good fun with them.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-24 18:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering just the legal consequences of a fist fight, this question answers itself. A kid punched a bully when I was in school and got a quiet pat on the back from school staff, my cousin's 12 year old son punched a bully and was charged with assault.

Leave out any of that, we've bred a "you can't ever lose" mentality into our culture. When a kid gets his ego hurt, instead of swallowing it and moving on, they have to get revenge.

There's no easy answer, obviously, but charging kids with crimes and assumed equal guilt for any disturbance is a pretty poor way to fix it.
By Altimaomega 2014-10-24 18:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I got 20 year old graduate trainees coming into work asking me when they will get promoted to be a manager on their first day of work.

Some kids put pyramids and different Illuminati symbolism on their cubicles hoping they will get noticed. I'm not shitting you.

The "Obama Generation" is scary.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-24 18:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama was president of UAE when?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-24 18:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

not every fight was unfair back in the day and not everything was/is fueled by race/gender/sexual preference get over yourself
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-10-24 18:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the 'No Child Left Behind Generation.'

Not everything is Obamas fault lol.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 18:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »

You are right.

Next generation will just demand to be paid a CEO wage or "Occupy" your office.
By Altimaomega 2014-10-24 18:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »

That's not what I said... Think about it.

Hint: You're half right.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-24 18:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

everytime i hear school shooting the devil on my right shoulder giggles and says "population control"
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-24 18:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I got called in by my kid's teacher first month of this term.
She told me my son said "my dad said to push back when someone pushes me, and punch em back when they punch me".
I said "yeah, so?"
Teacher: "That's not the kind of environment we want here or the kind of attitude we want our students to have"
Me: "In other words you want my son to roll over when he gets bullied?"
Teacher: "No he needs to report it"
Son: "I did report it. You told him it was wrong but he still does it"
I ended up resolving the matter myself by meeting the kids father and telling him I would kick his *** if it happened again since my kid can't defend himself in this *** up system.
[+]
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-10-24 19:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pearl Jam? *** yea, I can get on that.

YouTube Video Placeholder

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-24 19:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Euclids Cfinder said: »
Pearl Jam? *** yea, I can get on that.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You know whats funny? "Ten" is the band's most hated album. Their favorite is "no code". At least that is what I remember reading in Metal Hammer in 1998? I'm so old.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-10-24 20:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, and Ten has like, most of their greatest hits. Probably why they hate it, sick of the songs after playing them so much lol.

Radiohead has said the same about Creep. But you know what? It pays the bills for the rest of their life most likely, but still, I can understand where they come from.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-10-24 20:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

His twitter account

https://twitter.com/frybergj/with_replies
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-24 20:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't work.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-10-24 21:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like it got nuked
By Voren 2014-10-24 21:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I got called in by my kid's teacher first month of this term.
She told me my son said "my dad said to push back when someone pushes me, and punch em back when they punch me".
I said "yeah, so?"
Teacher: "That's not the kind of environment we want here or the kind of attitude we want our students to have"
Me: "In other words you want my son to roll over when he gets bullied?"
Teacher: "No he needs to report it"
Son: "I did report it. You told him it was wrong but he still does it"
I ended up resolving the matter myself by meeting the kids father and telling him I would kick his *** if it happened again since my kid can't defend himself in this *** up system.

I feel your pain. I was punished for striking a kid back after he hit me three times in the back of the head. Teacher watched the entire thing. I was in trouble because I was almost a foot taller and was in boxing. Never mind that the kid was an offensive lineman and outweighed me by almost 100 pounds.

Those in authoritative positions get pissedoff when we the small people take matters into our own hands. They might want to ask themselves why that is.

Answer:
[+]
By daoming 2014-10-24 21:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting to get heeby jeebies thinking about that 74 school shootings in 18 months bit...I mean what do these loonies hope to gain from ruining many people's lives, ending some, and then just shooting themselves? Are they trying to imitate what happened in the past with things like Sandy Hook and Columbine?
By Jetackuu 2014-10-24 23:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And people still look at me crazy when I say I want to homeschool/get private tutors for my kid.

probable scenario otherwise:

Me: "You got suspended from school for punching that kid, did they deserve it?"

daughter: "yeah"

me: "ok, well next time don't get caught, do your homework and then go play"

pretty sure that wouldn't last too long.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2014-10-25 06:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel your pain. I was punished for striking a kid back after he hit me three times in the back of the head. Teacher watched the entire thing. I was in trouble because I was almost a foot taller and was in boxing. Never mind that the kid was an offensive lineman and outweighed me by almost 100 pounds.
Let me guess. Your school was nuts about football, so thats why the kid got a pass if he started it. I hated that kind of *** in high-school, where anybody on the football could get away with anything with a "boys will be boys" mindset. But if you weren't on the team and in something like band or no activities at all because you worked, they threw the book at you.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-25 06:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

daoming said: »
I'm starting to get heeby jeebies thinking about that 74 school shootings in 18 months bit...I mean what do these loonies hope to gain from ruining many people's lives, ending some, and then just shooting themselves? Are they trying to imitate what happened in the past with things like Sandy Hook and Columbine?
That's exactly why this happened.

The main problem is, CNN was running out of ways to earn money since Ebola wasn't bringing in the fear anymore due to the 4th case in America, so they have to go back to what works for them: mass murder in a public location. Bonus points if it involves children.
By wormfeeder 2014-10-25 06:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was in school elementary and on we could bring knives to school it was rare for a boy to not have a pocket knife. We used to fight on the playground during recess and never once did a knife get drawn. Our parents taught us to respect such things as knives and guns. We didn't get suspended from school for fighting we might get detention but that was it. Today the schools are pussifying our kids telling them that standing up for themselves is wrong and bad that the schools will defend them which is not the case. Seems like that school failed 3 students. Thank you intrusive government for your ineptitude.
By wormfeeder 2014-10-25 06:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
daoming said: »
That's exactly why this happened.

The main problem is, CNN was running out of ways to earn money since Ebola wasn't bringing in the fear anymore due to the 4th case in America, so they have to go back to what works for them: mass murder in a public location. Bonus points if it involves children.

Funny Chicago has about 50 shootings a weekend never makes national news.