Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 13:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Breaking Bad News!!!

Quote:
(CNN) -- Investigators are responding Friday to a reported school shooting in Marysville, Washington, just north of Seattle, said Inci Yarkut, a spokeswoman for the Washington State Patrol.

CNN affiliate KIRO-TV in Seattle showed police cars and ambulances outside the school.

Additional details were not immediately available.

Will update when more info comes up.

Update 10/24 @ 2:05 P.M. CST

Update

Quote:
MARYSVILLE, Wash. (AP) — Police responded Friday to a high school north of Seattle after it was locked down amid reports of a shooting.

The Marysville School District said in a statement that "Marysville Pilchuck High School is currently in lock down due to an emergency situation. Police and emergency services have responded."

The district said further information would come from police.

Local television stations said two people were being airlifted to a hospital.

Arthur White, who lives across from the school, told The Daily Herald that a large number of police vehicles converged on the scene late Friday morning.

"I've never seen so many police in my life. It's a tragedy," White said.

Live video showed students being evacuated from the school in Marysville, about 30 miles north of Seattle.

Ayn Dietrich, an FBI spokesperson in Seattle, said the agency had personnel on their way to the scene to help authorities with the investigation.

The latest school shooting in the region happened at Seattle Pacific University, where a gunman killed one student and wounded two others on June 5.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 13:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, obligatory "gun activists incoming" .jpg

[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-10-24 14:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

From another source:

Quote:
School shooting reported near Seattle

Police and emergency services have responded to a school shooting in Marysville, Washington after a student opened fire in the high school's canteen.

The alleged gunman injured up to six people and is dead from a self-inflicted wound according to The Seattle Times' law enforcement sources.

The shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High School was reported at 10.45am Seattle Time (6.45am Saturday morning NZ time).

"I was eating ... I heard four gunshots and it was behind me. I saw a gun pointed at a table ... then I ran out of the exit," one student in the cafeteria, named only as Alex, told KIRO TV news.

The Seattle Times reports that three of the injured were taken by ambulance to a nearby medical centre, one with a head wound.

Some students have been evacuated to a nearby church, while others have remained in their classrooms as police search room to room.

The Marysville School District said on its website: "The Marysville-Pilchuck High School is currently in lockdown due to an emergency situation. Police and emergency services have responded."

Marysville is a town of around 63,000 that is 55km north of Seattle.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 14:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets guess:

Excuse #1:"The kid shouldn't have access to guns in the first place, so if we prevent all guns from the world, the kid couldn't have killed/harmed anyone at all!"

Excuse #2:"The kid is obviously deranged, we all know it! He showed signs of depression and the willingness to add his name to the laurels of the history of 'suicide by mass genocide.' We must have put him in a medical center and prevented him from killing himself until he got over his depression. We must also prevent all other episodes of this by controlling what people do and think, but make sure to not do it to me, because that would make my life harder. Everyone else, sure, but not me!"

Excuse #3:"It's Bush's fault!"

I'm sure we can come up with more excuses as to "prevent" this from happening again...
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-24 14:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

slightly bending the topic here...
Quote:
The Marysville School District said in a statement that "Marysville Pilchuck High School is currently in lock down due to an emergency situation. Police and emergency services have responded."

Quote:
"Emergency situation. News people like to say "police have responded to an emergency situation." No, they haven't. They've responded to an emergency. We know it's a situation. Everything is a situation. ... People like to sound important. Weathermen on television talk about "shower activity." Sounds more important than "showers." I even heard one guy on CNN talking about a "rain event." Swear to god! He said "Louisiana's expecting a rain event." I thought 'HOLY S***, I HOPE I CAN GET TICKETS TO THAT!!!'
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-10-24 14:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is your life really that terrible that you need to take advantage of injured/dead kids to counter some point that no one has yet to make?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 14:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's called preemptive strike.

Get over yourself.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-10-24 15:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Actually, it's called a strawman.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-24 15:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Get over yourself.

That point where you become the very person you decry. Alternatively:
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 15:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Wait, so you are saying that nobody on these forums have made the very arguments I stated as my "excuses" above?

Are you dense, blind, stupid, or a combination of the 3?
By volkom 2014-10-24 15:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

make a post about a gun related event and list possible arguments from past gun violence threads. suddenly everyone loses their minds
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-24 15:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more about a thread tastelessly celebrating a tragedy as an opportunity to argue with people he disagrees with. The whole tone of the OP is morbid at best, and the follow up post is disgraceful.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-24 15:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

what's tragic is that there's been 74 school shootings in the past 18 months.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 15:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
It's more about a thread tastelessly celebrating a tragedy as an opportunity to argue with people he disagrees with. The whole tone of the OP is morbid at best, and the follow up post is disgraceful.
Where in the hell do you see me celebrating?
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-10-24 16:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, so you are saying that nobody on these forums have made the very arguments I stated as my "excuses" above?
Actually, no, that's not what I'm saying.

I honestly don't frequent these forums enough to know exactly what arguments have or haven't been made in the past. What I do know however is that what you listed looked like nothing short of a largely exaggerated misrepresentation of arguments that pop up almost every time school shootings happen. So unless I'm mistaken and the people around here are completely insane, which I find unlikely, you used a strawman, which seems significantly more likely.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 16:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't frequent these forums enough to know exactly what arguments have or haven't been made in the past. What I do know however is that what you listed looked like nothing short of a largely exaggerated misrepresentation of arguments that pop up almost every time school shootings happen. So unless I'm mistaken and the people around here are completely insane, which I find unlikely, you used a strawman, which seems significantly more likely.
No, there is a person who is that insane and have on multiple occasions stated the above excuses.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-10-24 16:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So have they blamed Video games, Rap Music, Movies, and Obama yet?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 16:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated news: Killer and 1 victim dead, 4 more injured.

Source
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 16:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
That comes after the grieving. Give it 5 minutes or so.
By fonewear 2014-10-24 16:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Is CNN really that terrible that you need to take advantage of injured/dead kids to counter some point that no one has yet to make?

Yes, yes they are. Gun laws / NRA etc.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-24 16:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

School shootings are so 1999 though beheading or nothing !

My bad in before: bullying/cyber bulling

He was a Native American probably just offended by the Redskins name.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-10-24 16:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No, there is a person who is that insane and have on multiple occasions stated the above excuses.
Do you really not see how your examples are exaggerating and misrepresenting what's being said there?
By fonewear 2014-10-24 16:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hyperbole where ?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 16:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you really not see how your examples are exaggerating and misrepresenting what's being said there?
Exaggerating, more likely.

Misrepresenting, not really.

Did you even read what he wrote? Protip: You could also read the entire thread in the second link. That would show how it's not a misrepresentation of his viewpoints.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-24 16:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading is discouraged here I learned that a long long time ago.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-24 16:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sources say he listened to Metallica backwards !
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-10-24 17:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Hyperbole where ?
Not much of a fan of hyperbole. Idiocy is far too rampant in today's world. It feels as though in many argumentative atmospheres hyperbole has become little more than a get out of jail free card for people who realise they built a strawman and were called on it. Between that and everyone's sudden obsession for slippery slope arguments, I don't really assume anything is hyperbole unless it's directly stated, doing so feels more like a stupid choice on my part than anything.

Exaggerating, more likely.

Misrepresenting, not really.

Did you even read what he wrote?
What you cited, yes. The exact posts you linked to look reasonable to me.

Protip: You could also read the entire thread in the second link. That would show how it's not a misrepresentation of his viewpoints.
That requires time, time which I might later devote to it, but as these conversations tend to move fast and I take my time reading, I'll leave it for later. I wouldn't do that while trying to participate in conversation otherwise I'd likely fall behind the conversation so far as to not even bother trying to participate any longer, especially since the point of reading that would by then be moot.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-24 17:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

oh damn.. i grew up listening to them!
oh no. oh no! oh no!!!!! It only a matter of time before i....
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-24 17:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

oh damn.. i grew up listening to them!
oh no. oh no! oh no!!!!! It only a matter of time before i....sue Napster !
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-24 17:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

*** yeah another school shooting !
[+]
First Page 2 3