Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-23 09:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Asura.Triffle said: »
Also KN, Canada actually has more diversity than the US. We're more like a tossed salad, versus the USA's melting pot.

In the US it's simple, there are only 2 groups. Americans and Illegals!
If only it were that simple...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 09:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Also KN, Canada actually has more diversity than the US. We're more like a tossed salad, versus the USA's melting pot.

In the US it's simple, there are only 2 groups. Americans and Illegals!
If only it were that simple...
Well, since the only way they can tell what Americans are like is through mainstream media and Hollywood, it's perfectly understandable why they think that.
 Fenrir.Squintik
Server: Fenrir
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-10-23 10:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
volkom said: »
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/parliament-shooting/article21217602/

Yup we're getting terrorists even in our fair capital. Monday there was a Jihadist Canadian, native born Caucasian Extremist in Quebec who ran down two soldiers, killing one and then getting fatally shot by cops.

Luckily having overslept today I didn't make it downtown for an appointment, which would have placed me square in the middle of today's incident. A soldier was shot and killed by the maniac at the war memorial and was later shot dead by a sergeant-at-arms as he tried to make his way into the Parliament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVkow0_hC-Y

Video taken on cellphone by a journalist who happened to be at the scene.

FTFY - you say Jihadist, people might think Indian/Arab/African/Pakistani, when it wasn't.

guy converted to islam.
I know. But killing people outside of the battlefield =/= Jihad.

That depends on their definition of battlefield. It seems to me that basically anywhere in the western world is the battlefield for the ISIS.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 10:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Squintik said: »
volkom said: »
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/parliament-shooting/article21217602/

Yup we're getting terrorists even in our fair capital. Monday there was a Jihadist Canadian, native born Caucasian Extremist in Quebec who ran down two soldiers, killing one and then getting fatally shot by cops.

Luckily having overslept today I didn't make it downtown for an appointment, which would have placed me square in the middle of today's incident. A soldier was shot and killed by the maniac at the war memorial and was later shot dead by a sergeant-at-arms as he tried to make his way into the Parliament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVkow0_hC-Y

Video taken on cellphone by a journalist who happened to be at the scene.

FTFY - you say Jihadist, people might think Indian/Arab/African/Pakistani, when it wasn't.

guy converted to islam.
I know. But killing people outside of the battlefield =/= Jihad.

That depends on their definition of battlefield. It seems to me that basically anywhere in the western world is the battlefield for the ISIS.
Well, since ISIS did declare war on the Western World, that statement is true....

Can't we just nuke their headquarters while they are all there and forget that they ever existed?
By Bloodrose 2014-10-23 10:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Canada didn't declare war all on it's own, it went to war as a part of good faith towards the monarch and british parliament, as we were technically still heavily linked.

Basically, up until Stephen Harper took office, the Canadian governments, primarily Canadian Liberals (basically American Conservatives) would choose to go to war or support wars waged by America. (Other than the War of 1812) and the European Union.

Also, in regards to the war on "Terrorism" in Iraq, the US was collectively pissed that Canada was basically the only country that chose not to participate as a member of the coalition of the willing.

In the first three months of that war, Canadian soldiers who were not in combat ready status, volunteered individually to join the American troops. Some were even said to renounce their citizenship to do this, and ultimately became AWOL soldiers or mercenaries that ended up committing war crimes.

It wasn't until this time that Canada had ever said "NO!" to sending troops into war-torn countries at the behest of it's allies.
 Asura.Triffle
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-10-23 10:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
marivell said: »
Some of us will prolly make fun of my post, and it's ok I can understand that; what I'm trying to say here is that we are living something very upsetting for us, and I'm sad as this will change our nation forever. We will now start to look at others differently, we will experience the fear of what's inside our own borders.. we will wonder about our security, and will lock our doors and windows at night... I never thought this day will come, where freedom and peace will be overcome by fear and violence in my own country. Terrorism is knocking at our door, and like a frightened child, Canada isn't ready for that. We will never be ready for that.

Thats the problem with pasificem like that. It makes you an easy target and your unable to defend yourselves adiquitly. - Having weapons/skills/military strength doesn't make a nation 'war mongers' or anything close to it. Its a means to protect ones self from the violence that we all know is out there. Its only when a nation or group of ppl CHOSE to do bad s*** with the equipment at hand can things become complicated. But thats a matter of choice, not hardware.

Most of the times we were involved in wars we never started: we are linked to USA and other countries and we are expected to join them.
We learn a lot of things in history classes, and yes I know about of lot of nasty fights french and english ppl had here back in the 1800's (patriots war and such), but we've learned from these that this will never solve anything, and will leave you even more bitter and hopeless than you were before.

I was actually thinking of WW2. Canada actually declared war all on its own. In fact they declared war on Germany long before the USA did. USA declared war in December of 41. Canada did in sept of 39. So Canada has acted on there own in terms of war. And they've done it well after the 1800's. Estimates say almost 10% of canadas entire population severed in uniform during that war. (1 mill/11 mill)

Of course as i said, this is not mentioned in USA schools. Not even once in mine for sure. America was the great hero, end of story.

This little part. We are actually far from a being a pacifist country. We're actually ranked 13th for guns per capita at 30.8 guns per 100 people. Our military is actually one of the best trained in the world as well. The only difference between us and the USA is that we have a much smaller population. That and our gun control is a bit better.
By daoming 2014-10-23 12:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We just need to reduce ISIS' main HQ in Syria to radioactive glass.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 12:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of us will prolly make fun of my post, and it's ok I can understand that; what I'm trying to say here is that we are living something very upsetting for us, and I'm sad as this will change our nation forever. We will now start to look at others differently, we will experience the fear of what's inside our own borders.. we will wonder about our security, and will lock our doors and windows at night... I never thought this day will come, where freedom and peace will be overcome by fear and violence in my own country. Terrorism is knocking at our door, and like a frightened child, Canada isn't ready for that. We will never be ready for that.

Thats the problem with pasificem like that. It makes you an easy target and your unable to defend yourselves adiquitly. - Having weapons/skills/military strength doesn't make a nation 'war mongers' or anything close to it. Its a means to protect ones self from the violence that we all know is out there. Its only when a nation or group of ppl CHOSE to do bad s*** with the equipment at hand can things become complicated. But thats a matter of choice, not hardware.

Most of the times we were involved in wars we never started: we are linked to USA and other countries and we are expected to join them.
We learn a lot of things in history classes, and yes I know about of lot of nasty fights french and english ppl had here back in the 1800's (patriots war and such), but we've learned from these that this will never solve anything, and will leave you even more bitter and hopeless than you were before.

I was actually thinking of WW2. Canada actually declared war all on its own. In fact they declared war on Germany long before the USA did. USA declared war in December of 41. Canada did in sept of 39. So Canada has acted on there own in terms of war. And they've done it well after the 1800's. Estimates say almost 10% of canadas entire population severed in uniform during that war. (1 mill/11 mill)

Of course as i said, this is not mentioned in USA schools. Not even once in mine for sure. America was the great hero, end of story.

This little part. We are actually far from a being a pacifist country. We're actually ranked 13th for guns per capita at 30.8 guns per 100 people. Our military is actually one of the best trained in the world as well. The only difference between us and the USA is that we have a much smaller population. That and our gun control is a bit better.
A) Bahahahahahahahaha. Seriously, thanks for the laugh about the gun control bit.

B) You can't use guns as an indicator of pacifism or not. I own a gun, but I don't go around shooting people or declare wars against my neighbor or whatnot. I don't create conflict with anyone (outside online activities). I am, in a general definition, a pacifist, due to the fact that I don't create or cause conflict. But I own a gun. So, your reasoning is very flawed.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-23 12:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

daoming said: »
We just need to reduce ISIS' main HQ in Syria to radioactive glass.

Ensuring ISIS goes franchise a la Al Qaeda or takes up home in some other unstable part of the globe. Ready to reduce the entire world to glass?

Ya'll really need to stop thinking of terrorist orgs like standing militaries of days gone by. There isn't this base you hit to win, it's an ideology gone global encouraging people to engage in mass murder for God.

What I'm really concerned about is how much money they're making from oil fields and selling cheap barrels of oil on the black market. An income stream means ability to buy arms, engage in more concerted recruitment and become as virulent and stubborn a threat as some large scale drug operations. How well has the West done with that? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

This ***could well be the next 50 years of warfare in the region.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-23 12:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention that the glass wouldn't be radioactive...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 12:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
So, having nuclear waste in a glass bottle sent to your house was a good idea?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 12:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually didn't mean to say Canada was in fact a pacifist country by literal definition. (Tho its easy to see how it could be interpreted that way)

I was referring more towards the ideas behind
We are not used to that kind of violence; we don't think war and oppresion is the way to solve problems. We rather educate, and understand other's views.
Terrorism is knocking at our door, and like a frightened child, Canada isn't ready for that. We will never be ready for that.
the idea that they are not currently able to deal with such actions. - Atks like this/ppl like this exist in the world. All nations should be ready and trained to deal with it. And since the world has let ppl with these type of violent intentions flourish, it is (sad to say) something we can come to expect more often.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-23 13:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Canada, I hope you learn from the US and don't go full tilt WE HUNTIN SUM TURRIRISTS.

Don't overreact or you'll have played into ISIS' hands.
 Asura.Triffle
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-10-23 13:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Canada, I hope you learn from the US and don't go full tilt WE HUNTIN SUM TURRIRISTS.

Don't overreact or you'll have played into ISIS' hands.

That evening our Prime Minister literally said we won't overreact, we'll just step up security.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 14:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

im kinda baffled by that logic. While im not saying jump straight to war or anything, the idea of only stepping up security is basically saying 'we wont stop the problem at its source. We will only wait for the problem to be on our door step before we try to intervene'. That approach will not only put you in more danger, but it will keep you on the defensive for ever since the problem will never go away.

You already didn't get involved rly in the fighting, and they atked you anyway. Not intervening again is only going to produce the same results.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

(all of this under the assumption that it was an isis atk)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 15:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the media is backpedaling (due to assumptions right after the attack happened) and stating that this was a terrorist attack outside of ISIS.
 Bahamut.Aquatic
Server: Bahamut
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2014-10-23 15:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama's to blame!.... or so said fox news this morning.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 16:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aquatic said: »
Obama's to blame!.... or so said fox news this morning.
I would say that this is an obviously generalized statement....

...but you are probably right.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-23 16:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

im kinda baffled by that logic. While im not saying jump straight to war or anything, the idea of only stepping up security is basically saying 'we wont stop the problem at its source. We will only wait for the problem to be on our door step before we try to intervene'. That approach will not only put you in more danger, but it will keep you on the defensive for ever since the problem will never go away.

You already didn't get involved rly in the fighting, and they atked you anyway. Not intervening again is only going to produce the same results.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

So you're interested with dealing with the problem at its source are you? That would require the prosecution of Cheney and Bush for war crimes. Still interested?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 16:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

wow.. back to blaming bush are we? lol
Yes. Bush hired the terrorist to go atk Canada. (hmm what else can we add...) Oh! Bush wanted Canada's oil so he hired a terrorist to atk Canada! Its a secret conspiracy! Hes hoping Canada will retaliate in grand proportions so he has an excuse to invade Canada!

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 16:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Bush hired the terrorist to go atk Canada. (hmm what else can we add...) Oh! Bush wanted Canada's oil so he hired a terrorist to atk Canada! Its a secret conspiracy! Hes hoping Canada will retaliate in grand proportions so he has an excuse to invade Canada!
Obviously it's all Bush's fault.

ISIS
Syria
The asteroid out to kill us all
Benghazi
Solyndra
Obama

All of the world's ills are always Bush's fault!
By Blazed1979 2014-10-23 17:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what is more ridiculous; how ignorant your post is or the fact that you think you are being clever.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-23 17:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

You confuse the issue, but it was more of a side rant, so carry on.
By daoming 2014-10-23 17:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

You confuse the issue, but it was more of a side rant, so carry on.

idk where you think that glass can't be radioactively contaminated, if radiation or radioactive waste touches it, it's contaminated.
By fonewear 2014-10-23 18:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh, sounds delish! Let me just toss some jeans on...wait a minute !

Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 18:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what is more ridiculous; how ignorant your post is or the fact that you think you are being clever.

your the one saying bush is the source for an atk on canada'
By Altimaomega 2014-10-24 18:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait a minute! This could not have happened in Canada! They don't have the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Plus due to his criminal record, Zehaf-Bibeau was already prohibited from owning a gun; in fact, Canadian courts had already issued the man a standard lifetime gun ban due to a violent conviction. Even without that ban, however, this guy couldn’t have obtained the gun in any legal way.

So this is either a lie or liberal gun control nuts are *** Insane.

Meanwhile: Since Canada has no worry of a "2nd amendment" The following will more than likely come into existence.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ottawa-shooting-harper-government-wants-to-make-terror-arrests-easier-1.2811571
Quote:
'I've been saying that our laws and police powers need to be strengthened in the area of surveillance, detention and arrest.'—Prime Minister Stephen Harper "Authoritarian policies like preventive arrest"
 Valefor.Slore
Server: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2014-10-24 19:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Best Saying I ever heard in the Army:

Not every Muslim is a terrorist, but every terrorist is a Muslim.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-24 19:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Except for domestic terrorists

Pretty sure not all of them have been Muslim lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-24 19:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anders Breivik from Norway is a terrorist and he's not Muslim, he's anti-Muslim in fact.
[+]