Shooting At Canadian Parliament....

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Shooting at Canadian Parliament....
Shooting at Canadian Parliament....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 12:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shots fired in Canadian Capital!

Quote:
The Canadian government has informed the United States that one shooter is dead in Ottawa, a senior U.S. official said. So far, there is "no indication the shooter has ties to violent Islamic extremism," but it is still extremely early in the investigation, the source said.

In response to the ongoing situation at Canada's Parliament, the North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD, has increased its alert posture, CNN has learned. That means that it has increased the number of planes on a higher alert status ready to respond if needed. NORAD and Canadian authorities are in contact, an official told CNN.

A Canadian soldier was shot as he and another soldier stood guard at Canada's Parliament war memorial Wednesday. Details are emerging as authorities try to secure the government building in Ottawa.

The violence is not confined to Parliament. Police say that there could be multiple shooters and shooting incidents in the capital.
At least one shooter is dead, Parliament member Bob Zimmer tweeted.

Parliament remains on lockdown.

No one was hurt in the shooting near Ottawa's Rideau Centre, Marc Soucy of the Ottawa Police Service told CNN. It was one of three shootings, he said. The other two were at the National War Memorial and Parliament Hill.

Shots rang out at Parliament around 10 a.m. ET as Parliament members, including Prime Minister Stephen Harper, prepared for caucus. Some members tweeted that they heard many shots.
MP Tony Clement tweeted that he heard "at least 30 shots" and apparently was able to take cover with colleagues.
He tweeted that Harper was secure.

Peter Henderson, a journalist, said there were soldiers doing drills when shots were fired and he ran to help a soldier who had slumped to the ground. He said he knew the person shot was a soldier because of the ceremonial uniform the soldier was wearing.

Ottawa police, whose buildings were also locked down, provided details on Twitter about multiple shootings: "Incidents occurred at National War Memorial, near the Rideau Centre and Parliament Hill."

Gunfire in the main Canadian Parliament building started in the foyer, and a second round of shooting happened about a minute later in a hallway or near the entrance to the Parliament's library, Ottawa journalist Josh Wingrove told CNN.

He said several officers had weapons drawn, and most of the dozens of shots that he heard appeared to have been fired by officers at the gunman....(see link for full CNN.com story)

Thoughts?

Media is already trying to tie this to ISIS.

The really scary part of this story to me is, I was in the Canadian Tax office on Friday trying to learn more about a new international tax treaty that they were proposing to Germany....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-22 12:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

KN was the shooter, mystery solved.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 12:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, I have bigger fish to shoot at/towards on my hit list than the Canadian Parliament.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-22 12:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Naw, I have bigger fish to shoot at/towards on my hit list than the Canadian Parliament.

*calls the FBI*
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 12:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

*calls the FBI*
*points at Nik and testifies that he has access to my forum account during the time of that post*
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-22 12:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't end up on:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 12:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

too late:

Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-10-22 12:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see you putting on the red lipstick now.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 13:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

I can see you putting on the red lipstick now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Squintik
Server: Fenrir
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-10-22 13:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Media is already trying to tie this to ISIS.

I can see why, since it seems to have happened in the wake of this:

Quote:
Hit-and-Run That Killed Canadian Soldier Is Called Terrorist Attack

OTTAWA — A hit-and-run car crash that killed one soldier and injured another this week was a terrorist attack, Canadian politicians, police and military commanders all suggested Tuesday, saying it had resulted from another Canadian’s turn to radical Islam.

But little had emerged about why the man driving the car, Martin Rouleau-Couture, became radicalized last year or ran over the two soldiers at a strip mall in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, on Monday.

The attack, which ended with the police fatally shooting Mr. Rouleau, as he was known, came at a time when Prime Minister Stephen Harper, like most of his Western counterparts, has been vigorously denouncing the Islamic State movement and warning of possible domestic terrorist attacks. Mr. Harper’s government has indicated that it is about to introduce new antiterrorism legislation, a move that troubles some civil liberties lawyers.

But the death of Patrice Vincent, 53, a warrant officer, and the wounding of an unidentified soldier underscored the difficulty the police and intelligence agencies face when dealing with radicalized citizens.

Superintendent Martine Fontaine of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said at a televised news conference that a special antiterrorism force had begun monitoring Mr. Rouleau in June and arrested him a month later when he was about to fly to Turkey. He was released for lack of evidence that he intended to join a terrorist group. Meetings between the Mounted Police and Mr. Rouleau, 25, continued until Oct. 9.

“It’s very difficult to know exactly what an individual is planning to do before a crime is committed,” Superintendent Fontaine said. “We cannot arrest someone for thinking radical thoughts; it is not a crime in Canada.”

John Baird, the foreign affairs minister, voiced a similar stance. “You can’t stop him getting into a car,” Mr. Baird told the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

The police said Tuesday that Mr. Rouleau had sat in his Nissan Altima sedan outside a building housing several government and military offices for about two hours before he ran down the soldiers. But at several news conferences, they offered no details on what had set off the attack.

The owner of a small power-washing business, Mr. Rouleau lived at his parents’ home, separate from his former partner and their young child. His family reportedly became alarmed about a change in his personality last year, about the time he converted to Islam. His parents contacted the police, who were also in touch with an imam at the mosque where Mr. Rouleau began praying regularly.

Superintendent Fontaine said that her force had been particularly concerned about Mr. Rouleau’s Facebook page, which has been shut down. Several of his postings there had extolled Islamic State violence, expressed anti-Semitic sentiments and denigrated Christianity. Last week, Mr. Rouleau changed his profile photograph to an image of two open doors. Behind one was a blue sky with puffy clouds, presumably heaven, while the other revealed a fiery hell.

Mr. Baird was one of several members of Mr. Harper’s cabinet who linked Mr. Rouleau’s actions to the Islamic State. At a sendoff in Cold Lake, Alberta, for Canadian fighter jets heading to attack Islamic State targets in Iraq, Defense Minister Rob Nicholson said, “We are deeply concerned that these radical terrorists will threaten Canada here at home.”

Steven Blaney, the public safety minister, said Monday’s attack was “clearly linked to terrorist ideology.”

Mr. Blaney said last week that he was about to introduce legislation explicitly allowing Canadian intelligence agencies to circumvent laws that prevent them from spying on Canadians by allowing foreign agencies, including those of the United States, to do it for them. The bill would also let those agencies keep the identities of their sources secret, Mr. Blaney said. Many lawyers, however, argue that they need to cross-examine such witnesses in court.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 13:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope that this isn't practice to strike multiple targets around the world.

Earlier this week there were 15 coordinated strikes in Syria and Libra made by ISIS against the international fighters.
By fonewear 2014-10-22 13:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame the Maple Leafs ! Oh yea and those craven politicians and the NRA !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 13:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame the Toronto Raptors.

#GoSpursGo
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-22 13:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What about the Maple Leafs right to be a terrible NHL team !

Sorta relevant: NSFW language

YouTube Video Placeholder