A Prime Example Of Rad Parenting

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 10:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-21 11:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Neither are RoboCop, Terminator, Alien vs. Predator, but they're still sold in TRU stores. Again, it's a double-standard to sell figures from rated R movies but not sell figures from rated MA tv shows.

I already went over this early in the thread. Those shows had a better argument because the marketers took R rated movies and pared them down for kids.

RoboCop turned from a movie about satire and bloodbaths into a standard 80s-90s TV show, Terminator has been dumbed down for kids etc etc. Breaking Bad has not.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 11:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

FFS SpongeBob isn't meant for children, yet there's all sorts of ***for that, not to mention: point invalidated:

Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-21 11:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like you guys lock in on your own outrage that has nothing to do with what is actually happening and then go full potato...

If you want to talk about outrage over nothing... It's not this mother you should be looking at but yourselves lol...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-21 11:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
FFS SpongeBob isn't meant for children, yet there's all sorts of ***for that, not to mention: point invalidated:

Spongebob is a kids show laced with adult humor to keep the parents / older audiences entertained. What is this I don't even.

It's through and through a kids show.

Comparing Breaking Bad to Spongebob really? Lol, try harder. Like Rocko's Modern Life try. And even that show was for kids despite the creators not giving a *** and pushing the censors hard.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 11:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What's happening:

Quote:
Video: One Florida mom launched a Change.org petition to stop Toys ‘R Us from selling a line of dolls based on the crystal-meth dealers of “Breaking Bad”

What people are "outraged" about:

Quote:
Video: One Florida mom launched a Change.org petition to stop Toys ‘R Us from selling a line of dolls based on the crystal-meth dealers of “Breaking Bad”

I think some people just have a comprehension issue, or just like helicopter parents.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 11:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Spongebob is a kids show laced with adult humor to keep the parents / older audiences entertained. What is this I don't even.

It's through and through a kids show.

Comparing Breaking Bad to Spongebob really? Lol, try harder. Like Rocko's Modern Life try. And even that show was for kids despite the creators not giving a *** and pushing the censors hard.
Just going to have to disagree there, neither of those shows are appropriate for children, same with that trash that was "Rugrats."

No wonder you have your blinders on.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-21 11:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive us for not being outraged that a concerned mother wants drug dealer toys off the shelves of a kids store. I mean, how dare her! Expecting Toys R Us to be responsible and stick to their stated objectives!
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 11:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive us for not being outraged that a concerned mother wants drug dealer toys off the shelves of a kids store. I mean, how dare her! Expecting Toys R Us to be responsible and stick to their stated objectives!
It's not just a kids store.

There's a difference between not wanting it on the shelf and trying to push for legal action against it, here's an idea: don't *** shop there.

Again: they are sticking to their stated objectives, but you want to cherry pick and only focus on the one bit instead of their overall objectives.

Here's their main objective: to *** make money, and they are staying true to that one.

But you're being obtuse at this point, and further deliberation is pointless.

edit: to clarify: there's a difference between wanting it off the shelf and taking the appropriate action of bitching to the company, and taking the inappropriate action of starting a change.org petition for it, apparently more people are against her than with her though, which is good.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-21 11:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, Nickelodeon is on my side and last I checked they greenlit this stuff on a kids channel. Rugrats is for kids, Spongebob for kids and even Rocko's Modern Life despite the creators intentionally pushing the envelope.

All of these shows have two layers of plot. One for the kiddies and meta humor for the adults. Very few if any kids would catch the phone sex operator joke or the references to an hourly hooker motel but your parents definitely would. The kiddie plots are the more simplistic plots / lessons.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 11:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, Nickelodeon is on my side and last I checked they greenlit this stuff on a kids channel. Rugrats is for kids, Spongebob for kids and even Rocko's Modern Life despite the creators intentionally pushing the envelope.

All of these shows have two layers of plot. One for the kiddies and meta humor for the adults. Very few if any kids would catch the phone sex operator joke or the references to an hourly hooker motel but your parents definitely would. The kiddie plots are the more simplistic plots / lessons.

Nickelodeon is a rather shitty channel, and has only really put out 2 shows of any quality in my lifetime. What they say they're for and what they're for are two entirely different things, none of those shows are appropriate for children (in my book) they may be in yours, however fortunately we're not going by your book.

To some people "Breaking Bad" is fine for their children, while it may not be in yours or mine.

Perspective, ***.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 11:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
i let my kids play mario kart 8 yesterday after their mother put them to bed (granted they asked their mother then she asked me and ofc ok?) and extended their bedtime to 9pm, does that make me a bad parent x-x??

ps- imwinurface next month @ smash bros..

also, i'm pretty sure her child watches adult swim which is worse than that show imo..

Adult swim 2004 was much better than any of the several past times I've tried to watch it... (irrelevant to discussion).
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-21 11:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i let my kids play mario kart 8 yesterday after their mother put them to bed (granted they asked their mother then she asked me and ofc ok?) and extended their bedtime to 9pm, does that make me a bad parent x-x??

any parent encouraging the playing of mario kart = win.

still the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-21 11:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nikedlodeon is a rather shitty channel, and has only really put out 2 shows of any quality in my lifetime. What they say they're for and what they're for are two entirely different things, none of those shows are appropriate for children (in my book) they may be in yours, however fortunately we're not going by your book.

To some people "Breaking Bad" is fine for their children, while it may not be in yours or mine.

Perspective, ***.

Thanks for your valued opinion that is irrelevant to the point. My point is based on facts from the creators, producers and executives on the record stating they're for kids, not my opinion.

Breaking Bad is on the record as a TV MA show and thus not for kids. It hasn't been rebranded thus far and thus still an adult TV show. It's up to Toys R Us if they want to ignore/comply with a patron's complaints.

That's your right as a consumer. As we've seen with candy cigs and other products.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-21 11:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ps- imwinurface next month @ smash bros..

also, i'm pretty sure her child watches adult swim which is worse than that show imo..

Adult swim 2004 was much better than any of the several past times I've tried to watch it... (irrelevant to discussion).

adult swim aired inuyasha!
but thats about as much as i no about that channel'
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 11:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nikedlodeon is a rather shitty channel, and has only really put out 2 shows of any quality in my lifetime. What they say they're for and what they're for are two entirely different things, none of those shows are appropriate for children (in my book) they may be in yours, however fortunately we're not going by your book.

Perspective, ***.

Thanks for your valued opinion that is irrelevant to the point. My point is based on facts from the creators, producers and executives on the record stating they're for kids, not my opinion.

Breaking Bad is on the record as a TV MA show and thus not for kids. It hasn't been rebranded thus far and thus still an adult TV show. It's up to Toys R Us if they want to ignore/comply with a patron's complaints.

That's your right as a consumer. As we've seen with candy cigs and other products.

It's still your opinion.

Yes, I don't have a problem with her bitching at Toys R' Us, she can *** at them all she wants, I have an issue with the change.org petition.

Candy cigs are a different issue, as they were blatantly marketed towards children.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-10-21 11:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What would make a kid want to have a Heisenberg toy anyways?

What's so cool about him from a kid's perspective?

Adult viewers who view him as badass do so because they understand his character.

I mean, a figure of Batman, Robocop, Thor, Terminator...heck, even Rambo, Rocky or The Man With No Name, I understand the appeal about having them for kids. I just don't see Heisenberg fitting (his appeal comes his complex nature and double-life, so his "bad side" plays a major role)
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 11:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
What would make a kid want to have a Heisenberg toy anyways?

What's so cool about him from a kid's perspective?

Adult viewers who view him as badass do so because they understand his character.

I mean, a figure of Batman, Robocop, Thor, Terminator...heck, even Rambo, Rocky or The Man With No Name, I understand the appeal about having them for kids. I just don't see Heisenberg fitting (his appeal comes his complex nature and double-life, so his "bad side" plays a major role)
Zah covered this already, it's really rare that they would, and even if they did: then it's up to the parent to tell them no...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-21 11:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The TV bloc is called 'Adult Swim' for a reason. If you want to ignore the 'mature audiences' 10 second notification and have your kids watch it anyway? Good for you.

I watched Inuyasha, Big-O, Gundam and Trigun religiously. Still doesn't mean it was for kids. My parents just didn't care because honestly I watched worse. Weekends with Charles Bronson with the pops does that.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-10-21 11:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Heisenberg toy

AAAAAAAAAAAAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww man, I read that as "hindenburg" toy for like 1/2 a sec.

how awesome would that be? remote controlled, & on a timer to explode in a horrific fireball at a random 7-10 days after purchase.

sign me up.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 11:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

All 4 of those also aired on their Toonami block iirc, which was from 4-6/7? (at it's peak, iirc), invalidated.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 11:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Heisenberg toy

AAAAAAAAAAAAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww man, I read that as "hindenburg" toy for like 1/2 a sec.

how awesome would that be? remote controlled, & on a timer to explode in a horrific fireball at a random 7-10 days after purchase.

sign me up.

loltoys
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-21 11:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

All 4 of those also aired on their Toonami block iirc, which was from 4-6/7? (at it's peak, iirc), invalidated.

You mean the censored (read: rebranded) versions? AS got the uncut versions. Censored specifically because CN didn't want parents griping about some dude screaming as his mobile suit exploded? Lol. Don't even get me started on the ridiculous amounts of censorship for Yu-Gi-Oh where guns apparently too hot for TV.

'Murica: Where 'damn' needs to be censored to 'darn' but guns are SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS. God, why didn't the *** founders make an amendment for swearing.... damn puritans.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-21 11:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Heisenberg toy

sign me up.

Now with real lifelike screams!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 11:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean the censored (read: rebranded) versions? AS got the uncut versions. Censored specifically because CN didn't want parents griping about some dude screaming as his mobile suit exploded? Lol. Don't even get me started on the ridiculous amounts of censorship for Yu-Gi-Oh where guns apparently too hot for TV.
Not always.

Yeah, I remember this:
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-21 11:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They took Bandit Keiths gun away! Damn liberals.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19