A Prime Example Of Rad Parenting

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 17 18 19
By Ravenn42 2014-10-23 18:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If anyone is able to *** about Toys R Us on a video game forum, they can certainly buy collectible grade action figures online....

This is where you might not understand how this part works. If It cost me 8.99 at TRU and it's a rare figure or a sought after figure you will pay out the rear online. Toy collectors go to TRU and then sell online for profit.

If this Walter white figure was not a very good figure to collect before the price is definitely going to sky rocket now.

If you go to any toy store or Walmart/target you will see the same figures there but the 1 you want will be sold out.
SO FOR A COLLECTOR TRU TAKING DOWN MATURE FIGURES HURTS.
They should do a locked case or something like they do with games instead of pulling because if they are willing to pull 1 figure all it takes is another petition to start pulling others.
By Ravenn42 2014-10-23 18:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a FYI go look on ebay some of these figures are already selling for over 100 dollars. So yah I would prefer 8.99 at TRU.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-23 18:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
Just a FYI go look on ebay some of these figures are already selling for over 100 dollars. So yah I would prefer 8.99 at TRU.

Are those the exact same ones they sell at TRU? if that's the case why are we working at all. Just buy toys from TRU and sell it on ebay..
By Ravenn42 2014-10-23 18:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They are worth this amount because of them being pulled off the shelves and the publicity. ..these figures are SOLD OUT
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 18:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch that be here plan all along. She secretly stocked up on them. Made a ruckus - got them removed - so now everyone's interested and wants one - she sells them at high mark up - profit.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-23 18:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breaking-Bad-6-inch-Heisenberg-Exclusive/dp/B00KB45DVQ/ref=pd_bxgy_k_h_b_cs_img_y

It's this one right? lol
By Ravenn42 2014-10-23 19:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a lot more than that one. Prices ranging from 25 to 150
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-23 19:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The ones I see being really high in price on ebay i can still find on amazon uk. I guess US people would rather pay 100 USD on a TRU collectible than to buy it internationally.
By Ravenn42 2014-10-23 19:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
The ones I see being really high in price on ebay i can still find on amazon uk. I guess US people would rather pay 100 USD on a TRU collectible than to buy it internationally.

To be fair the link you provided had a price of 18.99 convert that to US dollar and we pay 30.00 dollars. Add in international shipping and handle with care package since you can't just stick it in a box and throw it in the mail and we are now talking 40 to 50 dollars and that figure is not even one of the good ones.

So again 8.99 at Tru 30.00 plus online
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-23 20:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

These ones.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-23 22:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
If anyone is able to *** about Toys R Us on a video game forum, they can certainly buy collectible grade action figures online....

This is where you might not understand how this part works. If It cost me 8.99 at TRU and it's a rare figure or a sought after figure you will pay out the rear online. Toy collectors go to TRU and then sell online for profit.

If this Walter white figure was not a very good figure to collect before the price is definitely going to sky rocket now.

If you go to any toy store or Walmart/target you will see the same figures there but the 1 you want will be sold out.
SO FOR A COLLECTOR TRU TAKING DOWN MATURE FIGURES HURTS.
They should do a locked case or something like they do with games instead of pulling because if they are willing to pull 1 figure all it takes is another petition to start pulling others.
Not only does it hurt if TRU does it, but because TRU does it, it's more than likely Target and Walmart will follow suit with the same actions. Why? Because if they don't, someone will *** about the figures being in their stores. Then the aftermarket prices start to really skyrocket. If all 3 store chains pull the one line, you'd be looking to pay $350+, per figure, quite possibly in the near future.

Not that availability doesn't affect cost, but where are you getting the $350 pricetag for something that has quite a lot of availability online?

Post deleted by User.
By sefalon 2014-10-23 22:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The MSRP at TRU Was 14.99 I know cause I have several myself The typical toy of that size usually runs between 9.00 to 15 bucks so no need top jump down Ravenn throat there candle. It is more about the points then the price I am sure.

Walking dead are mature action figures and they are only 9.99 and in my opinion are worse than breaking bad because kids recognize blood and guns at early age. I ASSURE you a majority of kids under 10 have no clue what blue meth is (especially since it doesn't really exist)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 22:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm.

Are we starting to do speculate marketing now?

What are you, oil tycoons?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 23:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

sefalon said: »
I ASSURE you a majority of kids under 10 have no clue what blue meth is (especially since it doesn't really exist)

<- not under 10. Still never heard of it.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-24 08:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaron Paul slaps Toys R Us for dropping ‘Breaking Bad’ toys, keeping Barbie on shelves

Quote:
The 35-year-old actor lashed out at the toy chain on Twitter for deciding to pull Walter White and Jesse Pinkman dolls off shelves in response to a Florida mom’s petition.
- New York Daily News
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 08:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaron Paul could always start a petition...

Would need a whole hell of a lot more signatures than that Florida Mom. I mean, how many Barbie dolls does Toys R Us sell in a day vs. the number of Breaking Bad dolls they sell in a year (prior to being pulled from the shelf that is)?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-24 09:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

sefalon said: »
The MSRP at TRU Was 14.99 I know cause I have several myself The typical toy of that size usually runs between 9.00 to 15 bucks so no need top jump down Ravenn throat there candle. It is more about the points then the price I am sure.

Walking dead are mature action figures and they are only 9.99 and in my opinion are worse than breaking bad because kids recognize blood and guns at early age. I ASSURE you a majority of kids under 10 have no clue what blue meth is (especially since it doesn't really exist)
The "action figures" in question were $14.99.

Blue meth does exist... whether its a creation brought about by the show idk... but a simple google search will show you that cops have busted drug dealers with the stuff...

You know you guys are just making a case for all the mothers out there that might want this other stuff off the shelves too right? This stuff is definietely worse thant what you've already taken off!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 09:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

He went one better, and shared a link to Daniel Pickett's counter-petition, which is now just 35k signatures short of drowning out the Florida mom's petition.
He has a point, however. I'd be more worried about my own nephew getting his hands on a copy of GTA V or Call of Duty than I would about him getting his hands on a figure of a fictional tv character. Or one of my nieces getting her hands on a Barbie doll, which does nothing except promote unrealistic ideals on how women should look and dress.
Oh great, a political activist out of touch of reality.

Do you honestly think that your nephew will get his hands on a copy of either of those games without help? Like, as in, a friend or play it at his friend's house? What are you going to do to prevent that? You are being a helicopter parent, but worse.

As for your niece, sure, go ahead and alienate her from the rest of society, that would be much better than any of the illusionary harm from playing with dolls. She doesn't need the imagination associated with playing with dolls, or the creativity that goes with it. Or any social skills when playing with her friends who also have dolls. Nope, you got to protect her for all those evil things so you can feel better about yourself....
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-24 10:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Or one of my nieces getting her hands on a Barbie doll, which does nothing except promote unrealistic ideals on how women should look and dress.

It's as "unrealistic" as you looking at a magazine or turning on the TV. I'm not sure what you mean by unrealistic. It's pretty realistic interpretation of what is socially considered as "fit" and "good looking" in terms of figure. As for the clothing... a quick search on barbie product shows they are pretty good depiction of what we wear nowadays, if you disregard the "fairy princess" and other fairy tale/princess themed stuff.

If you're more worried about GTA, barbie etc, then you should be siding with the florida mum and escalate this by making a pressure to ban all these from Toys R Us. So your children can only play with things like lego and other games that help the brain development. :P
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-24 10:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't listen to Candlejack, he just wants to take full control over what we buy or what we should do or how we should raise children.

While arguing against it. And not realizing that he is doing the exact same thing he is so "against."
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-24 11:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

He went one better, and shared a link to Daniel Pickett's counter-petition, which is now just 35k signatures short of drowning out the Florida mom's petition.
He has a point, however. I'd be more worried about my own nephew getting his hands on a copy of GTA V or Call of Duty than I would about him getting his hands on a figure of a fictional tv character. Or one of my nieces getting her hands on a Barbie doll, which does nothing except promote unrealistic ideals on how women should look and dress.

if anyones interested
- Already over 30k names
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-24 11:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Toys R Us is well known around the world for their vast selection of toys for children of all ages, and we do mean ALL ages, that includes the adult collector market.

Quote:
Child
noun, plural children.
a person between birth and full growth; a boy or girl:

hmmm. lol

Good luck with them. If I were Toys R Us, i wouldn't really revert the decision though. Unless there's a significant proof that the people who signed this petition are the people who actually shop at Toys R Us and are their main stream revenue customers.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-24 11:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sign that petition all you like they won't be adding the product back to their shelves...

Pinkman went a little overboard on his twitter there too calling the lady a ***...
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-10-24 11:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Pinkman went a little overboard on his twitter there too calling the lady a ***...

I'm sure that's just the loss of royalties talking...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-24 11:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

I'm sure that's just the loss of royalties talking...
I did consider that to be a reason for the outburst from both of them but I didn't really comment on it because I don't know the sales related to the toys or what kind of deal they have worked out with the manufacturer on how they were or are paid if at all for the use of the likeness..
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-24 11:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Good luck with them. If I were Toys R Us, i wouldn't really revert the decision though. Unless there's a significant proof that the people who signed this petition are the people who actually shop at Toys R Us and are their main stream revenue customers.

because they took the time to see if the ppl on the moms petition were mainstream customers? or you just don't want it change?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 17 18 19