A Prime Example Of Rad Parenting

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 17 18 19
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-23 14:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If anyone is able to *** about Toys R Us on a video game forum, they can certainly buy collectible grade action figures online....
Fine and dandy for me, but you're still leaving out close to 53 billion people in the country that don't have internet access in some form or other. Explain what they should do.
http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats14.htm
This is what I've actually been trying to get at the whole time. What should the 53bil. that don't have internet access do? How many of them have some form of nearby collectible comics or hobby shop? If they don't, 2 to 1 odds say they have access, at least, to a TRU in some form or other. People keep forgetting these days that, while there's at least a 73% population saturation for internet access, there's still those out there who have no form of access at all.
Nothing in your post makes any sense at all and it all seems to be backed up by your assumption that there are only three places you can get action figures/comics (internet, toys r us & hobby shops) and that every single one of those people that don't have access to the net would have a comic book or action figure collection that they are trying to build...

Of the 68,000,000 people estimated in the US to not have internet acess it does not mention how many are below the age of 15 or the qualifications even to be considered to not have access...

Is this access in your home? Is this access that you can get at a public library or cafe? Is there an age requirement? Is there a margin for error? etc.

72 million people in the US are under 1-17
34 million are above the age of 65

I'd bet that most comicbook/action figure collectors wouldn't even go for a walter white doll... but again that's just my assumption...

In the end if you want to blame anyone blame Toys R Us for caving to the pressure... It's not a discussion on whether it's right or wrong for them to sell it but rather if its worth it for them to keep it on the shelves...
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 14:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Wouldn't it be better and faster if you just outright state that you want to dictate what society should or should not buy?

Kindof like that woman you are so against and are trying to demean?

Even a crazy straw would look at you like your twisted...

The point (to me) is that ppl can chose whether or not to buy an item for themselves or there kids. Personal choice. - She is saying that no one should have the choice of being able to buy that product there because she doesn't like it.

They couldn't be further apart from each other.

I wont deny that what ppl get side tracked from there intentions, voice it wrong, (or are idiots sometimes.)

She doesnt like it: fine
she doesnt want her kid to have it: fine
she voices her opinion of it to the company and public: also fine

she demands that a toy be removed from a toy store because she doesnt like it (their-by taking the personal choice away from every other person, and making them all conform to her will of right and wrong for children not her own): Very Wrong.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-23 15:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it very fascinating that removing an item from toys r us, that isn't even considered in their main target audience is like the end of democracy to some people here XD

she demands that a toy be removed from a toy store because she doesnt like it (their-by taking the personal choice away from every other person, and making them all conform to her will of right and wrong for children not her own): Very Wrong.

Under your logic, every single pressure group are doing something very wrong. Every pressure group lobbying for change is trying to make the rest of the nation to conform to their views of rights and wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 15:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

How about she creates a petition to remove said product from the shelves stating that a toy that propagandizes drug use should not be in a children's store and collects enough signatures for action to be taken?

That seems right to me.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-23 15:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

She can demand all she likes... It's up to the store to make a decision on whether it's beneficial for them or not to continue to stock the product. She couldn't force them to do anything.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-23 15:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
I find it very fascinating that removing an item from toys r us, that isn't even considered in their main target audience is like the end of democracy to some people here XD

Under your logic, every single pressure group are doing something very wrong. Every pressure group lobbying for change is trying to make the rest of the nation to conform to their views of rights and wrong.
It's like that, I think, because they don't care enough about the topic... If it had been something that they agree with the story might be different. In any case it doesn't seem like many people are able to look at this objectively at all.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-10-23 15:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 15:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

14 pages and we finally see some bad parenting.

Good job FFXIAH.com, good job!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-10-23 15:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have posted it yesterday, but got sidetracked with rl stuff.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 15:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You should know better that FFXIAH.com > RL!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-23 15:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

B...B...But...It's obviously "bad parenting" if that placates "adults" who throw temper-tantrums about their toys being taken away! Let's face it, the real selfishness has to be on the parent/child end! Jeebus people! Jeebus!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-23 16:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Zah did you just assert that it's selfish for one overbearing parent's overreaction to a toy to cause people to not get the product they want to buy and them complaining about the overreaction?

Just checking.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-23 16:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
Girls can get their periods as young as 11. You think its fine to place a vibrator next to a product that an 11 year old might be looking up? Most girls have their periods by 15, do you think a 15 year old should have access to a vibrator?
Teen pregnancy and an over-sexualized youth population don't exist, right?
Why stop at Vibrators, why not some handcuffs and kinky lingerie? That will sell.
1. Girls get periods younger than 11. Average age has been declining for decades
Quote:
It’s remarkable how little we know about puberty. While we understand the basic neural and hormonal pathways that interact to initiate the processes involved in puberty development -- including development of breasts (thelarche) and pubic hair (pubarche), and first menstruation (menarche) – the process has no predetermined onset or length. Timing varies widely and can be influenced by a wide range of environmental factors and cues that are not entirely known. “Normal” puberty onset can range from ages 8-13 and takes, on average, 1.5-6 years to complete.

2. How does female masterbation lead to an over-sexualized populace? I'd rather a 15 year old have a vibrator than have unprotected sex with a teenage boy.

3. Is male masterbation more acceptable than female?

1.You seem to want to believe that masturbation and the use of sexual toys for sexual gratification are the same thing.

2.Do you think Fleshlights should be sold next to Acne cream and Baseball cards?

3. I don't know where you're getting that from, but I would be interested to see how your mind took you there.

Bonus round (getting to your point and not wasting time): Do you recognize the physical and hormonal differences between men and women, as well as the differences in male and female puberty?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-23 16:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you asserting that "bad parenting" is an apt descriptor of the circumstances, and not an exaggeration to suit the needs wants of the OP and his outrage for the ***sake of being outraged over what is essentially nothing?

Okay...Just checking.

This entire thread is ridiculous.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-23 16:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
These people don't deserve kids. I think I just chipped my incisor watching this sh!t.

For the record: I'm with those that think people should go somewhere else if they have something against the store. That doesn't mean I can't critique the store. Unless of course you're going to imply that by disagreeing with something I am enforcing my opinion?

Good luck with that, we might as well all just toss any opinions we have out the window for fear of being seen to "enforce" our opinions on others.

This thread is even more ridiculous with your "either or", "black or white", "us vs them", "right vs wrong" perspective and attitude.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 16:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Hey, don't deny the entertainment value of this thread.

We need another islam thread that spans 100+ pages again....
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-23 16:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, don't deny the entertainment value of this thread.

"53 billion people" is def the highlight for me.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-23 16:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »but you're still leaving out close to 53 billion people in the country

This country you speak of, is it on earth?
By Jetackuu 2014-10-23 16:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you asserting that "bad parenting" is an apt descriptor of the circumstances, and not an exaggeration to suit the needs wants of the OP and his outrage for the ***sake of being outraged over what is essentially nothing?

Okay...Just checking.

It's one very plausible perspective. You're ridiculous.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 16:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How about she creates a petition to remove said product from the shelves stating that a toy that propagandizes drug use should not be in a children's store and collects enough signatures for action to be taken?

That seems right to me.

as usual your confusing action with intent.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 16:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

yes.. we all know how much good lobbyist do for the nation. They are always for the ppl. So selfless those lobbyist. On a path to sainthood they are.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 16:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That seems right to me.

She didn't demand the toy to be removed without action. She went beyond intent into action.

I think you are the one who's confusing action with intent (the correct way to say it would be intent with action, just fyi).
By Blazed1979 2014-10-23 16:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

end the thread already, 8,000 mothers signed the petition and TRU management is pulling all BB toys and issued a statement.

In other news, Season 6 coming?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 16:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should we conform to your viewpoint?

Haven't you learned anything about this thread at all????
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-10-23 16:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
In other news, Season 6 coming?
It was a bloody hoax.

Or for that matter, anything about this forum, specifically the P&R section. It's as if P&R's sole job is to let people piss all over themselves and give cause to be stubborn and refuse to look at things from a different point of view.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 16:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

Or for that matter, anything about this forum, specifically the P&R section. It's as if P&R's sole job is to let people piss all over themselves and give cause to be stubborn and refuse to look at things from a different point of view.
I would use the Gene Wilder meme on you, but you know better.

Welcome to Humanity, where everyone is right and you are an idiot for not agreeing with me!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-23 16:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Because there are people here who have yet to learn to evaluate or distinguish the differences of needs and wants?
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 16:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That seems right to me.

She didn't demand the toy to be removed without action. She went beyond intent into action.

I think you are the one who's confusing action with intent (the correct way to say it would be intent with action, just fyi).

Not at all. Her action of voicing an opinion, or making a petition i have no problem with.

Her intent was to remove product from stores that she personally didn't think were suitable. Despite what any other parent/person might think. - one persons dislike of a toy should not mean everyone must abide to her view of suitable.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 16:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Because there are people here who have yet to learn to evaluate or distinguish the differences of needs and wants?
Or what's best for the country.
Or what's best for the world.
Or what's best for society.
Or what's best for the economy.
Or what's best for humanity.
Or what's best for ourselves.
Or what's best for me.....

Protip: I could always use another slave, mine keep running away...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 16:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That seems right to me.

Not at all. Her action of voicing an opinion, or making a petition i have no problem with.

Her intent was to remove product from stores that she personally didn't think were suitable. Despite what any other parent/person might think. - one persons dislike of a toy should not mean everyone must abide to her view of suitable.
I don't disagree with you on either case to be honest.

But at least she made the right decision on her actions, instead of demanding that we must conform to her viewpoint or face the wrath of herself. Unlike Candlejack...
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 17 18 19