A Prime Example Of Rad Parenting

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19
By Blazed1979 2014-10-23 09:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
So is it ok for Toys'r'us to have a adult section for 18 and up (or 21 and up, whatever the legal adult age is in your country), to sell sex toys?

I haven't been in a Toys'r'us for years, but my impression is that it's a place for lots of kids to roam around and play with things. For a parent to be concerned about the kind of content their children may find in there isn't too surprising.

While you can say she's being over protective, there's probably a certain degree of responsibility on the business, targeting at young kids, to think about what they sell and how they sell them.

If their "15 and up" section is guarded by staff and stopping little kids from going in there then maybe it makes sense.

To say this is bad parenting is harsh. I'd say it's bad parenting if she finds that her kid is selling drugs and blame it on this toy. But all i see is a concerned mother, and she may or may not be over the top on her response to this depending on your views.

Top shelf this ***in "Ambigious Labelling" then it's only Tall Kids and Adults who have to worry >_>;

Problem solved

You've solved it for both parties. Well done. We can all sleep at ease now.
By volkom 2014-10-23 09:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If Toys R Us sold sex toys.... could totally imagine seeing this on a daily basis

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-23 09:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least candlejack is entertaining with his misguided anger... no matter how many times you slap him down he keeps getting back up and spouting the same nonsense over and over... the best part of it is how hypocritical many of the statements are and how they focus on something that doesn't even have anything to do with the op...
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 09:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
A better example of bad parenting.

Video looks to be taken down but I hear it was pretty bad.

They said which of the 5 will it be, sad to say that it's probably already happened to each of them, as their parents are apparently rather *** up individuals.

While I don't like the idea of censorship, there's something *** up about using children for your *** propaganda. (To be fair, I'm also of the opinion that the ***like "Toddlers in Tiaras" should be shut down, and people jailed for that abuse of children and society.

Thank you. Finally someone else gets it.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 09:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
What if this guy were trying to ban Pokemon toys?

YouTube Video Placeholder

Oh wait...

i couldnt listen past a minuet and a half. The only thing more insane and idiotic then his speech was were the ppl in the audience nodding there heads in agreement.

Quote:
“I like people but I like them in short bursts. I don’t like
people in extended periods of time. I’m alright with them for a little while but once you get up past around a minute, minute and a half, I gotta get the f*** out of there. And my reason for this… is one that you may share possibly… I have a very low tolerance for stupid bulls***” - George Carlin

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 09:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't it be better and faster if you just outright state that you want to dictate what society should or should not buy?

Kindof like that woman you are so against and are trying to demean?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-23 10:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you going to get on the people criticizing walgreens for selling cigarettes when there is a pharmacy on the other side of the store selling medicine that helps them get over said addiction as well as promoting general health?

This has been a sticking point for a lot of people over the years as well... I can go pick up the patch or my medicine for the lung cancer I got from smoking and pay for it at the counter while looking at the cigarettes I'm trying to get away from.

In the end it's all an opinion of the consumer... you want it there someone else doesn't... who is the louder voice? Who has more people behind them? How much money is involved?

Also, some people here want to dictate how a parent should parent. This is how you should do it. Do it my way and it will be better off for me! Sell what I want you to sell!

You criticize others for trying to dictate what an entity can or can't do then do the same thing in response.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-23 10:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
On the same boat, you have TRU. They sell toys, it's what they do. Doesn't matter if it's to five year old Jenny from next door or to Bobby Basement-Dweller from East Jabrew. Maybe they have a real shitty ISP in East Jabrew. Maybe Bobby Basement-Dweller doesn't live near a collectible comics or hobby shop. Does he live near a TRU? Probably, like a half hour or so drive away from where he lives. Does he have a right to go in there, expecting to find what he might be trying to get? Again, yes. He has a right to. Maybe what he's looking for isn't what little Jenny is looking for, but both are customers, just the same.

Apart from there are more "Jenny"'s and her mums visiting the store than poor old Bobby. So Jenny and her guardian have a bigger say on what is available in store than poor old unfortunate Bobby. This is how business works. It's impossible to cater for everyone so main targeted audience will always be considered first.

This of course can be swayed if Bobby can rally more people of his age range/interest to shop in Toys R Us and become their main targeted audience. But then Toys R Us will become just another hobby shop and Jenny and her mum would probably go to a new toy shop that would take over Toys R Us' old customer base.

But in the mean time, poor Bobby could consider going to a nearby cafe or something to leech internet (56k probably would do) to browse around websites to get his comic goodies needs.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-23 10:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have the time to read all the BS in this thread.

How do all of you have the time to write it?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 10:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I don't have the time to read all the BS in this thread.

Said the women who posts the most threads with the biggest piles of BS on this website.

Quote:
Cause we have an opinion about the issue at hand. It's simple, it's called expressing oneself. You should try that instead of parroting whatever issue you agree with.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-23 11:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's helps if you have an office job with a pc connected to the internet, and your screen isn't visible to your colleagues.
[+]
 Fenrir.Squintik
Server: Fenrir
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-10-23 11:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

It's helps if you have an office job with a pc connected to the internet, and your screen isn't visible to your colleagues.

And your IT department doesn't waste time doing any of that ridiculous security monitoring stuff.
By Ravenn42 2014-10-23 12:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sm1 mentioned Walgreens selling cigarette and also having a pharmacy. It is funny I went to CVS to get a pack of cigarettes and here in Arizona they stopped selling them.

For many of the same reasons we have discussed. I asked the clerk why and he mentioned that they had too many customer complaints and CVS is moving in a more customer friendly route. He then told me that they have seen a 20 percent drop in sales since.

It ties back into everything. People should not dictate what others buy. Just use common sense. Do not buy M rated stuff for kids and do not smoke if you don't want cancer.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-10-23 12:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Girls can get their periods as young as 11. You think its fine to place a vibrator next to a product that an 11 year old might be looking up? Most girls have their periods by 15, do you think a 15 year old should have access to a vibrator?
Teen pregnancy and an over-sexualized youth population don't exist, right?
Why stop at Vibrators, why not some handcuffs and kinky lingerie? That will sell.
1. Girls get periods younger than 11. Average age has been declining for decades
Quote:
It’s remarkable how little we know about puberty. While we understand the basic neural and hormonal pathways that interact to initiate the processes involved in puberty development -- including development of breasts (thelarche) and pubic hair (pubarche), and first menstruation (menarche) – the process has no predetermined onset or length. Timing varies widely and can be influenced by a wide range of environmental factors and cues that are not entirely known. “Normal” puberty onset can range from ages 8-13 and takes, on average, 1.5-6 years to complete.

2. How does female masterbation lead to an over-sexualized populace? I'd rather a 15 year old have a vibrator than have unprotected sex with a teenage boy.

3. Is male masterbation more acceptable than female?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 12:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
Sm1 mentioned Walgreens selling cigarette and also having a pharmacy. It is funny I went to CVS to get a pack of cigarettes and here in Arizona they stopped selling them.

For many of the same reasons we have discussed. I asked the clerk why and he mentioned that they had too many customer complaints and CVS is moving in a more customer friendly route. He then told me that they have seen a 20 percent drop in sales since.

It ties back into everything. People should not dictate what others buy. Just use common sense. Do not buy M rated stuff for kids and do not smoke if you don't want cancer.
My point entirely. Speaking of which, Walgreens and Rite-Aide plan to follow suit and stop selling tobacco soon. Doesn't affect me much as a cigar smoker, as there's a cigar shop not far from my house, as in less than two miles away. So, my needs are still catered to. However, let's say TRU stops selling adult collector figure lines entirely. The local hobby shop in my town, only carries R/C cars, train sets, rocket models, R/C planes, R/C copters... but no collector-grade figures. My needs would not still be met, as this pain in the *** "woman" in Florida had to make a big stink over what's essentially nothing. No one was twisting her arm to buy that figure, nor was her arm being twisted to stay in the adult collectibles section, but she did stay there. She's trying to dictate what others can and can't have. I know my outrage over this seems hypocritical to some on here, but it's two different things entirely.
And if enough people complain, are you going to blame them for essentially the same thing?

Remember, the woman didn't outright demanded the toy to be pulled from the shelf, she had a petition to go with that, to make her voice stronger than her own by itself.

If Toys R Us decide to pull the entire "mature section" from all of their stores due to a lot of customer complaints, are you going to accuse Toys R Us for ignoring the minority or listening to the majority?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-23 12:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess he's just very concerned about where he can find his figures. And i guess his collector grade figures are so niche that if toys R us stops selling them, his local hobby shop still feels there's not enough market to stock it... and internet isn't an option i guess? :3 Honestly I don't know enough about figures.

Personally I haven't stepped into a Toys R Us for over 10 years and the last time i did it was to buy my new born cousin a soft toy before i went to visit her. In my mind it's very much a place for kids and maybe young teenagers. I didn't know the need for Toys R Us for grown men is this high.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 12:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone is able to *** about Toys R Us on a video game forum, they can certainly buy collectible grade action figures online....
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 13:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Wouldn't it be better and faster if you just outright state that you want to dictate what society should or should not buy?

Even a crazy straw would look at you like your twisted...

The point (to me) is that ppl can chose whether or not to buy an item for themselves or there kids. Personal choice. - She is saying that no one should have the choice of being able to buy that product there because she doesn't like it.

They couldn't be further apart from each other.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 13:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

Even a crazy straw would look at you like your twisted...

The point (to me) is that ppl can chose whether or not to buy an item for themselves or there kids. Personal choice. - She is saying that no one should have the choice of being able to buy that product there because she doesn't like it.

They couldn't be further apart from each other.
You are correct. However, that isn't the argument that most people are making here, whether or not she should demand that a toy is removed from the store shelves, but public demand itself.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 13:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone is able to *** about Toys R Us on a video game forum, they can certainly buy collectible grade action figures online....
Fine and dandy for me, but you're still leaving out close to 53 billion people in the country that don't have internet access in some form or other. Explain what they should do.
http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats14.htm
This is what I've actually been trying to get at the whole time. What should the 53bil. that don't have internet access do? How many of them have some form of nearby collectible comics or hobby shop? If they don't, 2 to 1 odds say they have access, at least, to a TRU in some form or other. People keep forgetting these days that, while there's at least a 73% population saturation for internet access, there's still those out there who have no form of access at all.
Wait, what?
[+]
 Fenrir.Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-10-23 13:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fine and dandy for me, but you're still leaving out close to 53 billion people in the country that don't have internet access in some form or other. Explain what they should do.
http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats14.htm
This is what I've actually been trying to get at the whole time. What should the 53bil. that don't have internet access do? How many of them have some form of nearby collectible comics or hobby shop? If they don't, 2 to 1 odds say they have access, at least, to a TRU in some form or other. People keep forgetting these days that, while there's at least a 73% population saturation for internet access, there's still those out there who have no form of access at all.
Wow, this country must've been breeding like rabbits - I thought there were only 6 billion people on the planet.

Also, I would wager that most of the country does have internet access, whether on a home PC/laptop, or more likely, on their phone. Anyone who doesn't probably lives out in the boonies and probably isn't anywhere near a TUR store.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-10-23 14:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

53 billion people in the country

never forget the 53 billion.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 14:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
53 billion people in the country

never forget the 53 billion.
Too late, I already forgot about them. I'm only going to acknowledge about 300 million of that 53 billion.

The rest don't exist until we see their birth certificates. Long form of course.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-10-23 14:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so old I thought it was 270.

*edit

some statistics I just found say I quit caring in the late 90's & that it's currently 316.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 14:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I'm so old I thought it was 270.
Well, just checked the federal government, about 320 million people live in the US.

That means......

52,680,868,238 people are illegal immigrants leeching off of welfare and free healthcare!

/grabs a pitchfork
[+]
 Fenrir.Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-10-23 14:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be disrespectful, one of those 52,680,868,238 people might be a pitchfork manufacturer.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 14:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

But I haven't done my mobbing this week!

If I'm behind on my quota of 2 mobs this week, I'll lose my Conservative Union of America membership!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19