A Prime Example Of Rad Parenting

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-22 10:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
.... TRU will hemorrhage money and sales because of the decision to pull just one line off the shelves while leaving other questionable figures on their shelves.
TRU is already in a bit of financial kim chee mostly because of falling birthrates during the great recession and the erosion of the middle class' purchasing power.

I somehow doubt that an army of Breaking Bad fans will decide to shop elsewhere in protest though.

Edit: Paged....

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 10:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Heimdel said: »
Imagine if she saw some the anime figurines sold..
Queen's Blade Revoltech, Figma, SH FiguArts... Need I say anymore? Someone needs to drag that *** into a dark alley and dispense some vigilante justice to her.

The fascist has shown his true form.
I'm more surpised at this comment because he's usually all anti-gun as all it does is make it easier to kill everyone and we shouldn't have em but now he's promoting "vigilante justice" in a dark alley because someone expressed an opinion lol...
Beating her barehanded isn't the same as shooting her in the head, m8. Your jimmies are obviously rustled.
So you're not against violence... you're just against gun violence?
And that Florida mother isn't against violence either, she's just against drug-related violence. See the double-standard she's now presenting to her special snowflake by forcing the rest of the world to conform to her views?
Don't you see the double standard on your own views?

You are arguing that she is being specific on a specific item and wants that specific item off the shelf because of what it represents. You then go further and broaden and twist her argument to include any possible connection to that specific item. Since Toys R' Us do not sell drug-related items (except for that specific item that she is complaining about), you have no other choice but to direct to the other aspect of the show, which is the violence aspect. You then go very broadly and include anything that may include violence in it's theme.

Now, here's your double standard. You endorse violence towards this woman, even though you are an active member against gun violence, even though violence is violence.

You, in essence, are being very specific against your criticism against violence by only demeaning gun violence and not violence in total. You are acting like the very woman you are wishing harm towards.

So, you should therefor beat the ***out of yourself. Do us a favor and record/post it for our entertainment educational purposes.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 10:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Queen's Blade Revoltech, Figma, SH FiguArts... Need I say anymore? Someone needs to drag that *** into a dark alley and dispense some vigilante justice to her.
Also, show us where Toy R' Us is selling these products please.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-22 10:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
Imagine if she saw some the anime figurines sold..

The fascist has shown his true form.
I'm more surpised at this comment because he's usually all anti-gun as all it does is make it easier to kill everyone and we shouldn't have em but now he's promoting "vigilante justice" in a dark alley because someone expressed an opinion lol...
Beating her barehanded isn't the same as shooting her in the head, m8. Your jimmies are obviously rustled.
So you're not against violence... you're just against gun violence?
And that Florida mother isn't against violence either, she's just against drug-related violence. See the double-standard she's now presenting to her special snowflake by forcing the rest of the world to conform to her views?
Are you serious?

By that, i don't know if I can even call it logic, you would be saying that you yourself are trying to force the rest of the world to conform to your views by saying guns should be taken away from civilians...

See the double standard?
There's a difference in saying which guns civilians, there's the keyword for you: CIVILIANS, i.e; Those not in the military or the police force, should and should not be able to lawfully own. It's still allowing any Tom, *** or Harry on the street to pack a piece, meaning the letter of the law of the 2A is still being enforced and not being infringed. Jesus, you guntards are all a bunch of idiots.
There is no difference... I'm also not a gun advocate or a "guntard" as you so eloquently put it.

You're trying to force the world to conform to your world view. You feel that this specific group of people should not have something and you actually want legal intervention (not what this mother did and is actually going further) that would limit the rights of citizens. Not only are you a hypocrite in advocating against gun violence but promoting physical violence but you also seem to be in support of double standards when it suits your cause.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-22 10:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
.... TRU will hemorrhage money and sales because of the decision to pull just one line off the shelves while leaving other questionable figures on their shelves.
TRU is already in a bit of financial kim chee mostly because of falling birthrates during the great recession and the erosion of the middle class' purchasing power.

I somehow doubt that an army of Breaking Bad fans will decide to shop elsewhere in protest though.

Edit: Paged....
I'll just say this: By caving to her demands, TRU has set a dangerous precedent. Namely, that they ultimately don't care about the needs of their customers or their own financial bottom line, and that they'll be willing to cave in to similar demands in the future. A truly anti-gun mom out there, probably in Florida again, doesn't think her special snowflake should be exposed to guns? Guess what? G.I Joe, toy guns, NERF, all fly off TRU's shelves and into the trash heaps because of her complaint.
A precedent? You know things like this have happened literally thousands of times before right? Businesses are aware of the possibility of these situations popping up and deal with them regularly enough. I'd bet that this isn't the first time Toys R Us has dealt with it.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-22 10:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, TRU doesn't give a *** if some 20/30 something male stops shopping at their stores, you're not their demographic. They weighed a decision over bad press on this Breaking Bad thing versus having a few neckbeards pickup Heisenberg figures.

Guess which turned out to be more valuable?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-22 10:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

She's basically did (successfuly) what you're attempting to do (unsuccessfuly).

She made a statement disaproving the decision of toys r us to stock their shelves with this specific product and then I assume that she wouldn't shop there unless they changed that position.

You made a statement disaproving the Toys R Us decision to no longer stock their shelves with said product and then told them they lost your business because of it.

You're trying to "force" them to carry the product just like you say she "forced" them to no longer carry the product.

Do you see how this works now?

You don't actually have a right "to a better articulated representation of a certain character" lol... You can purchase what companies put out for sale and if they make a decision not to sell them anymore then you're SOL...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 10:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets do an analysis on the business situation then.

Candlejack, prior to the decision, on average, how much money did you spend at Toys R' Us per month? Per year? What did you buy from there? Who were you shopping for? Why? Are there products that you can only get there? Did you buy similar products in other stores?

There is a point to this post, so I ask you to please respond to it so I can make my point.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-22 10:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got off the phone with my broker, I sold my Toys R Us stock.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-22 10:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

but... it's a privately held company...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 10:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Stock that doesn't exist?

Toys 'R Us is not a corporation, but a limited liability company (aka a partnership).

"Toys 'R' Us Property Company II, LLC"

They were reorganized in 2005 from Toys "R" Us, Inc. into an LLC. They still issue 10-Qs and 10-Ks though.

Beaten by 9 seconds....
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-22 10:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

sparth was making a joke...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 11:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that was pretty obvious.

However, it's not good to present bad information, even from a joke.

People may make an argument about Toys R Us later on how it's an evil corporate empire when it's not even a corporation to begin with...then they look stupid for making that argument.

But they still will, make that argument and look stupid doing so that is.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-22 11:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

sparth was making a joke...

Like this thread.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-22 11:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread makes me feel like a lot of people had "bad parenting" experiences, or just didn't get as much attention from their parents as they would've liked.

or blamed their parents for the stupid things they did when they were young(er). :3
[+]
 Cerberus.Halticus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-10-22 12:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO "Good Parents" would have shielded their children from ever watching Breaking Bad therefore, making them oblivious when seeing these figures on the shelves as to what they actually are. "Bad parents" however, who don't give a rat's *** what their children are exposed to will know exactly what they are. I'm siding with TRU here that the figures were in fact intended for more mature/Adult targeted groups. If a parent has to complain about what's on the shelf to protect their own children, that says to me the children are already aware what they are and the only way that would be possible is if they were already exposed to the Breaking Bad brand. The parents of children who have no clue what Breaking Bad is, have no reason to freak out and that's because of "Good" monitored parenting.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-22 12:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Halticus said: »
IMO "Good Parents" would have shielded their children from ever watching Breaking Bad therefore, making them oblivious when seeing these figures on the shelves as to what they actually are. "Bad parents" however, who don't give a rat's *** what their children are exposed to will know exactly what they are. I'm siding with TRU here that the figures were in fact intended for more mature/Adult targeted groups. If a parent has to complain about what's on the shelf to protect their own children, that says to me the children are already aware what they are and the only way that would be possible is if they were already exposed to the Breaking Bad brand. The parents of children who have no clue what Breaking Bad is, have no reason to freak out and that's because of "Good" monitored parenting.

Somewhat what I was thinking about the entire ordeal. If this woman is crusading against 'Breaking Bad' toys being available at Toys 'R Us, it probably likely that she's not going to be the type of mother who allows her kid(s) to watch material that is inappropriate for whatever particular age range her kid(s) is/are in.

Then again, if kids aren't conscious of what 'Breaking Bad' is, then why make a big stink about it?

I "get" it, but I don't. Either way, she won. And like many people have previously mentioned, Toys 'R Us isn't obliged to accommodate a demographic that is probably a minute portion of their sales.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-22 12:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Halticus said: »
Why would a mother that doesn't care if her child watches breaking bad care if he gets his hands on a breaking bad toy or sees it in the store?

You're making it seem like she's extremely lazy and inatentive to the child on the one hand and then very active and organized when it comes to getting someone to do something she wants so she can go back to being lazy and innatentive?

In any case the thought that she is a mother like that is pure speculation on your part as you seem to have no actual idea what her habits are as a mother.

It comes off a lot like "oh well I think this is dumb so I'm going to attack the mother"

Edit: They also did not specify if the child had seen the show or not. The only thing the op's article mentioned was that she herself enjoyed the show but did not think it was an appropriate toy to be on the shelves of toys r us.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-22 12:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Then again, if kids aren't conscious of what 'Breaking Bad' is, then why make a big stink about it?
Why make a stink about anything?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 12:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhat what I was thinking about the entire ordeal. If this woman is crusading against 'Breaking Bad' toys being available at Toys 'R Us, it probably likely that she's not going to be the type of mother who allows her kid(s) to watch material that is inappropriate for whatever particular age range her kid(s) is/are in.

I "get" it, but I don't. Either way, she won. And like many people have previously mentioned, Toys 'R Us isn't obliged to accommodate a demographic that is probably a minute portion of their sales.
I think she wanted to remove those toys from the story to prevent curiosity from allowing children from watching the show in the first place.

The kids could have seen the toy, found out what show it was from, and (while their parents were asleep) watched it for themselves. Therefor creating a way for kids to watch the show.

Kindof like the same concept of advertising tobacco products for children.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-22 12:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL! I don't know. Ask Candlejack when he wakes up from his hangover ON A WEDNESDAY MORNING. His early morning comment in RT explained a lot.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-22 12:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL! I don't know. Ask Candlejack when he wakes up from his hangover ON A WEDNESDAY morning. His early morning comment in RT explained a lot.
I think it has a lot to do with personal value systems. Perhaps to the mother it was important enough to her that the store she shops at not carry something that is affiliated with drug use. For others it might be that they just care so little about this particular subject that they don't get why she would even bother or get upset because it's seen to be something that they disaprove of in some way.

Who knows though... we make stinks to make stinks!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-22 12:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it matter why she was offended? Toys R Us apparently felt that she was somewhat right or that they should accommodate her because odds are other parents feel the same way. The mission statement does say they want to form a bond with parents so here's that chance.

It's just one set of figures and they can always just throw up sales on the website when this thing blows over. Buy 'em there.

In a country awash with drug issues, especially meth in the central US I don't think it's hard to find people who find Walter White figurines in a kids store (even in the adult section) pretty tasteless. And thats where a private company like TRU can decide if they want to comply or not.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-22 12:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I think she wanted to remove those toys from the story to prevent curiosity from allowing children from watching the show in the first place.

The kids could have seen the toy, found out what show it was from, and (while their parents were asleep) watched it for themselves. Therefor creating a way for kids to watch the show.

Then the person would argue that you should be paying attention to what your kid is watching... Coz you know, you should be monitoring your children's every move to stop them from harming themselves or doing anything inappropriate.

If this is what is considered as good parenting, then i can understand why people kill themselves from cyber bullying, give their naked pictures to some strange men on the other side of the internet, and other weird modern teenage/young people problems.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 12:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it matter why she was offended? Toys R Us apparently felt that she was somewhat right or that they should accommodate her because odds are other parents feel the same way. The mission statement does say they want to form a bond with parents so here's that chance.

It's just one set of figures and they can always just throw up sales on the website when this thing blows over. Buy 'em there.

In a country awash with drug issues, especially meth in the central US I don't think it's hard to find people who find Walter White figurines in a kids store (even in the adult section) pretty tasteless. And thats where a private company like TRU can decide if they want to comply or not.
Toys R Us is trying to snip bad PR in the bud before it goes out of hand.

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

Then the person would argue that you should be paying attention to what your kid is watching... Coz you know, you should be monitoring your children's every move to stop them from harming themselves or doing anything inappropriate.

If this is what is considered as good parenting, then i can understand why people kill themselves from cyber bullying, give their naked pictures to some strange men on the other side of the internet, and other weird modern teenage/young people problems.
Sure, but ask that person how's it like being a helicopter parent and they will deny the whole thing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-22 12:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

You can pay attention and still miss some things... what happens when your kids go out to play at a friends house? When you go to sleep thinking that the kids are still in bed? What if other parents are lax in their parenting and when your kid goes to school other kids are talking about it?

Whether you think so or not a parent can only do or be there so much unless you confine your kid to a bedroom... and I think we all know how we feel about that.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19