On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 95 96 97
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-23 13:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll come up with something real quick, probably won't be BiS though
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-23 13:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 349137

Enm+10 augment on cape. I'm not sure if there are more options I just went w/ whatever I could remember. Probably good to leave it as is and put in whatever defensive stuff for the visible slots. Can also swap Begrudging for Petrov to avoid the DT+.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-23 14:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
mdt isn't critical really as fully merited Shellra V should provide something like -29mdt. So you'd only need -21mdt in gear to be capped at 50%. Unless that has been disproven.
I did a bunch of testing on PDT 2 years ago and most gear setups required 52-53% to really be at 50% (tested via 1k needles). The full spread I found was 51-54%.

To be safe I would either go test or go with 23% myself on the mdt/dt gear if relying on merited/geared shellra v.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-23 14:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM should wear sheltered ring or brachyura earring while casting Shellra V in addition to relic+1 legs, so that's 80/256=31.25% MDT baseline.

WHM can wear Eihwaz/Supershear/Provocare Ring, so plenty of enm+5 rings to choose from.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-23 14:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Additionally, many monsters have multiple buff dispels now, and most MDT gear is paired with other useful stats.

I'll change begrudging ring to whatever is easiest to get
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-23 14:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
ItemSet 349137

Enm+10 augment on cape. I'm not sure if there are more options I just went w/ whatever I could remember. Probably good to leave it as is and put in whatever defensive stuff for the visible slots. Can also swap Begrudging for Petrov to avoid the DT+.
WHM enmity+ options are pretty limited. But it was interesting to think about.

You could gain +1 enmity using Mafic cudgel and Avalon shield. There's DT+ on avalon, but the same value of PDT on Mafic. lol. But the main point there would be that the club/shield combo is a lot more accessible than Alber.

Nebula hat is +3 enmity. Nebula feet, +2. Goading or Kasiri belt is +3 enmity. Storm Manopolas have +3 enmity.

I can't think of any augment-able sets that have enmity+ for WHM.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-23 14:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point on Shield/Club. I had originally gone with Mafic but couldn't think of a good sub with enmity+. I would recommend having Storm/Nebula just because bad timing on your cast could hurt you pretty bad without ilvl (most of the presented gear is incredibly easy to get too.) I was thinking of putting in haste options for the rest of the slots for recast purposes

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-23 15:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Good point on Shield/Club. I had originally gone with Mafic but couldn't think of a good sub with enmity+. I would recommend having Storm/Nebula just because bad timing on your cast could hurt you pretty bad without ilvl (most of the presented gear is incredibly easy to get too.) I was thinking of putting in haste options for the rest of the slots for recast purposes
The casting time for flash with an 80% precast set(this assumes gearswap usage to allow different prec/midcasts for such a short spell) would be about 0.1 second. Unless you're supertanking multiple mobs, it's pretty hard to get hit during that.

But let me weaken my own argument here. The other day I managed to eat x3 EES midflash in Ambuscade... /dead. lol

Anyway, I'd think the bigger issue would be the loss of max hp/mp from the swap. I was just listing the most enmity+ whm could get. whether using all of it is a good idea is another matter. XD
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-01-23 16:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how Tranquil Hearts -enm stacks with the +enm gains on gear.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-26 22:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

For information's sake, testing shows that both Ammurapi Shield and Theophany Duckbills +3 are both multiplicative rather than additive like Telchine/Grioavolr.

Haste with Telchine +40 Duration
Haste duration: 4:12

Haste with Telchine +30 Duration & Theophany Duckbills +3
Haste duration: 4:18
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-26 22:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if they are multiplicative with eachother
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-26 22:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't. Getting 5:15 on Haste with Telchine +10 4/5, AF+3 feet, Ammurapi Shield, Gada +6 (1.46*1.2).
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-01-27 13:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oranyan behaved the same way before those two came out, I suspect it's in the same camp.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-02-03 18:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

^o^
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-03 19:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly baffled.

I can see the enmity/Meva/vit as a WHM tanking piece. Which is weird, but have at. But what in the heck is that AGI for?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-03 19:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I'm honestly baffled.

I can see the enmity/Meva/vit as a WHM tanking piece. Which is weird, but have at. But what in the heck is that AGI for?
Obv the meva was just a bonus and it was really made for:
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-02-13 19:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The success rate of the spell varies with Healing Magic Skill, and at 500 skill, it has a 26% chance of removing the status effect. It should be noted that there is no cap on how much Healing Magic Skill can affect the spell.

cursna questions. From the set on op it looks like it gives a total of 216% with the empy and new +3 pieces. which at 500 skill/26% would give %82.16 chance of removal. Which means it would take a base value of 32% to reach a 100% removal. What skill level would you need to reach 32% (if its even possible) Or im i just flat out way off...
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-13 20:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

While we know the removal rate at 500 skill(Cause SE told us), we don't actually know how much skill it takes to go up another 1%.

We could try to infer the rate from the 26% rate at 500 skill... but it'd almost certainly be wrong. SE really likes to change the formulas for skill above 300 skill, so the rate of increase probably isn't constant from 0 skill all the way to 500.

So no one actually knows the answer to your question. Unless someone's done a ton of testing and not posted it. Or I just missed it.

A few other notes from previous dev notes.

0 skill doom removal rate is 10%.
The removal rate cap is 99%. EDIT:100% see below

Holy water is a 33% removal rate.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-02-13 20:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The removal rate cap is 99%.
the op guide as well as wikis all say it can technically reach 100% removal rate. Tho im not sure how they could verify that.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-13 21:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
the op guide as well as wikis all say it can technically reach 100% removal rate. Tho im not sure how they could verify that.
The same post SE told us 0 Skill was 10% and 500 Skill was 26% also told us it could go upto 100%.

I've posted links to the JP dev post twice now in this thread and also listed it as a source months ago on the BG Cursna page but here it is one more time: JP Cursna Dev Post

Obviously SE has given wrong data in the past but it the only data we have atm that is worth a gain of salt. I'm sure if Martel could hit the required numbers he'd of already tested it for us to make sure though since he likes to test things.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-13 21:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy water is a 33% removal rate.
Also Hallowed Water is 33%. Se told us in one post Holy Water was 33% then in another post told us Hallowed was the same % percentage as Holy Water and it was just added to give synthers another synth to skill up on.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-02-13 21:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly baffled.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Agility
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-14 07:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
The same post SE told us 0 Skill was 10% and 500 Skill was 26% also told us it could go upto 100%.

I've posted links to the JP dev post twice now in this thread and also listed it as a source months ago on the BG Cursna page but here it is one more time: JP Cursna Dev Post
Obviously SE has given wrong data in the past but it the only data we have atm that is worth a gain of salt. I'm sure if Martel could hit the required numbers he'd of already tested it for us to make sure though since he likes to test things.
Ok, I see the 100% part now. I guess I was tuning it our cause it was after they started explaining Cursna+ functionality, and that's not what I was looking for.

As for testing, so you know what a huge pain in the *** cursna testing is? When testing low removal rates, you tend to die. And there aren't many decent mobs to test on. Can have a BLU cast mortal ray on you in brenner/ballista, but it's got a huge recast and massive MP cost. The casting BLU pretty much needs support in order to spam, and that means more people involved in the testing. Or multiple BLUs. And having to test in PVP breaks your testing up into short chunks, so you can't just automate it and leave it going for good sample sizes.

Just, variously, ugh.

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
I'm honestly baffled.

What I gather from this is that you made something pointless.

The eva+ from that agi isn't going to get you off the eva floor vs anything but trash mobs. So far as I'm aware dAGI doesn't apply to hits taken by the player, only to the player hitting the mobs. And even if it did, you're going to have negative dAGI on relevant content even with that +20.

Defensive dDEX? same deal. monsters have pretty ridiculous raw stats at relevant levels. they're going to be capping regardless of your cape.

But whatever. You can make whatever capes you want.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2017-02-14 08:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
I wonder how Tranquil Hearts -enm stacks with the +enm gains on gear.
iirc, Tranquil Heart is multiplicative with normal ±enmity effects.
Though I don't recall if +enmity is multiplicative with -enmity... that point it moot because Tranquil Heart is multiplicative.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-02-14 08:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly baffled.

The eva+ from that agi isn't going to get you off the eva floor vs anything but trash mobs. So far as I'm aware dAGI doesn't apply to hits taken by the player, only to the player hitting the mobs. And even if it did, you're going to have negative dAGI on relevant content even with that +20.

Defensive dDEX? same deal. monsters have pretty ridiculous raw stats at relevant levels. they're going to be capping regardless of your cape.

Skjalf uses it as part of defensive/evasive set to pull lots of mobs in Escha zones, etc.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-02-14 08:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly baffled.

Skjalf uses it as part of defensive/evasive set to pull lots of mobs in Escha zones, etc.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-14 09:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You could have just said you were using it vs mass trash mobs rather than cryptically linking the AGI page.

While I have to wonder about WHM's evasion rates on anything higher than Escha Zi'Tah, assuming you can get off the evasion floor, then going for eva after PDT is capped would be a valid defensive concept.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 95 96 97