users online
Forum » FFXI » General » October Job Adjustments
October Job Adjustments
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13
By Kell 2014-10-01 15:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Wait you mean to tell me they only got a three day slap on the wrist.... smh

Yeah, SE's official "Cheat away" statement right there.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-01 15:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bahamut.Samsonxiii said: »
Release the aoe weapon skills for sam in the dat files.
While we are at it, let's have it so the AoE WS would self-light with each other, and that only SAMs can skillchain multiple mobs at once.

You know, for "balance"

You spelled that last word wrong.
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2014-10-01 19:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Highwynd said: »
How big must the nyzul zone be to have several instances of 100 different floors? Most zones only have 1-6 instances or so of the same battlefield. Or is it really just the same room but the data is rearranged and there's really only 8 or so nyzul rooms and when you reserve it, and warp up a floor, it just refreshes the floor you were just on and scrambles everything around.

As far as I could tell, there are only a few floors loaded per instance, although each 'floor' is split apart by closed doors, meaning you can only access a part of it at a time legitimately.

I'm not sure of the exact details, but the way the floor skipping exploit worked wasn't by PoSing directly to the desired floor, but by clearing the current floor objective than finding and using unloaded runes. There might have been more to it than that thou, I didn't try it myself, only watched a friend do it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-01 19:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

there's only 1 rune in the zone, your story reeks of ***

though the npc that sells the books for tokens doesn't have a verification on you having the tokens to buy it, so you can go into the negative if you use dialogue packets

whether that ever got fixed is questionable, but certainly banworthy if it hasn't yet
By kithaofcerb 2014-10-02 00:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What amazes me is that its been almost 10 pages of posts, and there hasn't been one person say: "Why no DRK changes?".
I guess I'm the last one that cares?
[+]
By Karalis 2014-10-02 04:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

kithaofcerb said: »
What amazes me is that its been almost 10 pages of posts, and there hasn't been one person say: "Why no DRK changes?".

Drk seriously needs some kind of adjustment, but looks like SE doesn't care.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-02 04:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I still dream of a day when Entropy becomes an acceptable dps alternative to Reso spam :(
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-02 07:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I'm the last only one that cares?
By kithaofcerb 2014-10-02 10:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I'm the last only one that cares?

This pretty much sums it up. I posted on the SE forums about it, 160 views and 0 replies.

I don't want to derail, but what do you folks think would be reasonable changes to DRK? I personally think NMs resisting Souleater hits us pretty hard, and now not having as much HP as other front liners is a big problem for us. How could SE rectify DRK's problems?

Warrior got a nice buff to their big Attack increase, Berserk. What about something on the same lines for DRK, or maybe increase Desperate Blows potency?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-02 10:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not exactly a fair tradeoff though.

Problem with Berserk is, you lose just as much defense. So, where it would have taken 7 hits to kill you, it now takes 3.

Not exactly a good idea, being a paper tiger.
By kithaofcerb 2014-10-02 10:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this is the theme of DRK, so I guess they couldn't exactly change the job entirely. Would you say its the nature of the job or the nature of the content absolutely destroying pretty well everything that isn't MNK?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-02 10:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK should get a minion that costs MP to maintain and takes little damage. Like DRG but less hands on.
By Keido 2014-10-02 10:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
DRK should get a minion that costs MP to maintain and takes little damage. Like DRG but less hands on.

They call that a Summoner.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-10-02 11:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »

They call that a Necromancer.

Ftfy.

It would be fun to have a pet ghost, bat, skele, hound, fomor or corse running around after you. Would it make scythes and entropy more useful? No.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-02 11:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this is the theme of DRK, so I guess they couldn't exactly change the job entirely. Would you say its the nature of the job or the nature of the content absolutely destroying pretty well everything that isn't MNK?
Nature of the job.

Unless you are fully buffed 100% of the time and have a good WHM, DRK isn't exactly a strong DD anymore due to SE's position of DRK being a melee nuker.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-02 11:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »

They call that a Summoner.

How is a DPS class with a disposable minion a pet class that revolves around using the pet for DPS?

Like I said, like DRG but even more no frills.

You pop that sucker skeleton/hound/ghost into battle and it sucks some MP until it dies then you call it again. It's there to add some DPS and little else. You aren't a DRG that cares this thing stays alive, you're a DRK. Spawn more overlords, give no *** if it gets AOE'd to death.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-10-02 11:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Infact knowing SEs stance on drk it wouldnt be MP to maintain the pet it would be hp, -100 hp a tick anyone? Lol
[+]
By kithaofcerb 2014-10-02 11:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nature of the job.

Unless you are fully buffed 100% of the time and have a good WHM, DRK isn't exactly a strong DD anymore due to SE's position of DRK being a melee nuker.

Why not give us better dark magic? Make Absorbs insta cast so that they're useful, since the cast time reduction to them didn't do anything because of the delay between finishing a spell and doing anything else. DRK suffers the same problem as DRG, in that they're afraid to buff them because their mythic/relic weapons make them fairly strong. I should not have to make a relic, or worse, mythic, to keep up with jobs that kill a Shark once and trash every other job.

Edit: Half decent idea for a new DRK JA/spell, a DoT drain ability. Since all of our current drains come in big spikes through Catastrophe, Drain series or melee swings under SP, why not give us an ability or spell that ticks something like 10 times and acts as a little pseudo-drain samba for DRKs?
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-02 11:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So... thf/dnc now just got massively boosted for DYnamis Farming?

INCOMING DYNAMIS CURRENCY DROP!
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-02 11:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nature of the job.

Why not give us better dark magic? Make Absorbs insta cast so that they're useful, since the cast time reduction to them didn't do anything because of the delay between finishing a spell and doing anything else. DRK suffers the same problem as DRG, in that they're afraid to buff them because their mythic/relic weapons make them fairly strong. I should not have to make a relic, or worse, mythic, to keep up with jobs that kill a Shark once and trash every other job.

Creating a Trait - 1st issue
Making it work in tiers - 2nd issue
Making it only affect Dark Magic spells - indexing issue.

Potential issues:
Instant cast ALL THE SPELLS
By kithaofcerb 2014-10-02 11:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Nature of the job.

Creating a Trait - 1st issue
Making it work in tiers - 2nd issue
Making it only affect Dark Magic spells - indexing issue.

Potential issues:
Instant cast ALL THE SPELLS

I don't see a problem with this :P Instacast stun 100% of the time? Go go gadget SCH stun gun
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-10-02 11:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nature of the job.

Edit: Half decent idea for a new DRK JA/spell, a DoT drain ability. Since all of our current drains come in big spikes through Catastrophe, Drain series or melee swings under SP, why not give us an ability or spell that ticks something like 10 times and acts as a little pseudo-drain samba for DRKs?

Because that would be a loss of DPS unless it does 1k damage a tick and unless your healer sucks you wouldnt need the drain effect.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By kithaofcerb 2014-10-02 11:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Nature of the job.

Because that would be a loss of DPS unless it does 1k damage a tick and unless your healer sucks you wouldnt need the drain effect.

I'm trying to think of anything here...
Maybe remove attack penalty from Resolution? Remove extreme amounts of critical defense bonus from Adoulin NMs? I feel like they'll only ever give us a buff in terms of Absorbs, so I guess DRK is going to have to sit in a supportish/DD role by just sticking debuffs on the mob through taking their stats. Note that Twilight Cloak jobs can fill that spot with 1 spell...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-02 11:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, a disposable minion man.

Spells either wind up being DPS loss or just a waste of time on certain targets. If you need to drain ***in order to survive then you have a support line issue or should prolly use an Apoc.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-02 11:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They just need to find a way to improve white dmg as much as they did the ws recently and it would fix a lot of issue.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-02 12:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, a disposable minion man.
And then it can be just as useless as wyverns, and become SE's long time excuse for not buffing the job!(although, we do seem to have finally got past that with DRG recently.)

Then, SE can add various gimmicks to make you try to keep your fragile minion alive, and make you rage even harder against the unreasonably long recast.(in the case of the "disposable" minion, I can easily see the continuous recasting overwhelming the benefit of having it out in events with frequent AoEs)

My wyvern, even with mythic AM3 and the faster, more accurate breaths, Still only does about 1% on a parse(3 DDs.) So even after all the crap they've done, the wyvern's primary contribution to DPS is still the gimmicks they've added for having it present. The jump enhancements, and the newer atk/def/haste deal. And DRG is about the only pet job that can, to some degree, give their pet buffs(songs, rolls, etc. No way to get them GEO buffs though. and I doubt those hit pets by default)

Assuming they did add such, it'd most likely end up being totally useless.

Long story short, You do Not want a pet. SE does NOT get how to do pets. They will make you regret asking. -.-;

Done ranting. ^^
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-10-02 12:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shame they arent like XIVs pets they do roughly 30% of what the master does.
By kithaofcerb 2014-10-02 12:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
They just need to find a way to improve white dmg as much as they did the ws recently and it would fix a lot of issue.

This improvement would have to heavily favour DRKs to actually fix the issues. Raising the numbers for all jobs isn't really a fix, since people will still not have a reason to bring that "squishy DRK" over the well rounded, almost broken job that is MNK rn.

Maybe unrealistic, but what about an Ilevel Twilight Scythe that isn't an enchantment? Like a real, maybe 117 level Twilight Scythe? This could help DRKs be valued due to different forms of damage the same way MNK and SAM are in the current end game.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-02 12:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam weakness has always been white dmg, it is so strong now cause tp gain improved so much since99 that white dmg is irrelevant now(on top of fudo buff)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13