FFXIAH.com Super Smash Bros. 3DS Tournament
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-10-02 07:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I probably won't play due to both financial and health issues.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-10-02 07:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really feeling it

@Austar: :(
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-10-02 07:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
I'm really feeling it

@Austar: :(
At least I have this coming in the mail:

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-02 07:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I probably won't play due to both financial and health issues.
I hope you start feeling soon.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-10-03 07:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to a donation

I don't know how well I will be able to play it though
 Cerberus.Leires
Server: Cerberus
user: Shadowkun
By Cerberus.Leires 2014-10-03 08:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm totally in
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-03 08:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Tournament will start in about a week to give people time to unlock all the characters and train with the characters they want to use.

I know I will be using Lucario. That's the fighter I hit 2nd place in the regional tourny here.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-10-04 13:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

count me in
By tarupowa 2014-10-04 15:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Tournament will start in about a week to give people time to unlock all the characters and train with the characters they want to use. I know I will be using Lucario. That's the fighter I hit 2nd place in the regional tourny here.
that mean were using multiple characters? what are the rules looking like at the moment?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-04 15:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

tarupowa said: »
Tournament will start in about a week to give people time to unlock all the characters and train with the characters they want to use. I know I will be using Lucario. That's the fighter I hit 2nd place in the regional tourny here.
that mean were using multiple characters? what are the rules looking like at the moment?
I'm not going to enforce a single specific character rule where you have to call out your character you want to fight with.

Rules look like two different tournies. 1 with items, 1 without, 1 vs. 1 on both.
By tarupowa 2014-10-04 15:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to enforce a single specific character rule where you have to call out your character you want to fight with. Rules look like two different tournies. 1 with items, 1 without, 1 vs. 1 on both.
okay cool. i was thinking cause in most smash tournies people say certain characters are banned and stuff lol
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-04 16:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Minefield said: »
Troy-san, you're up!
Updated roster.

Plus, I wouldn't mind it being facebook either.
I don't always poke into these threads. ._. Could have sent me a message.

Putting it up.
I'll probably throw my hat in the ring as well but I actually have to get off my *** and pick up the game first.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-04 16:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

okay cool. i was thinking cause in most smash tournies people say certain characters are banned and stuff lol
We aren't that hardcore.

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I don't always poke into these threads. ._. Could have sent me a message.

Putting it up.
I'll probably throw my hat in the ring as well but I actually have to get off my *** and pick up the game first.
Sorry, didn't know.

I appreciate it though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-04 16:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No they don't. People floated the idea of banning MK from Brawl for a while, but that's as close as it's ever gotten. Pikachu isn't banned in 64, Fox isn't banned in Melee, MK still dominates Brawl, etc.
By tarupowa 2014-10-04 16:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We aren't that hardcore.
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I don't always poke into these threads. ._. Could have sent me a message. Putting it up. I'll probably throw my hat in the ring as well but I actually have to get off my *** and pick up the game first.
Sorry, didn't know. I appreciate it though.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
No they don't. People floated the idea of banning MK from Brawl for a while, but that's as close as it's ever gotten. Pikachu isn't banned in 64, Fox isn't banned in Melee, MK still dominates Brawl, etc.
yeah well i was just wondering cause some people are weird like that :( then again most of the characters i use would prolly be fine lol. i had another idea for a tourny, maybe a mii one? ive been trying them out and its actually pretty cool, everyone would have a different one too move wise, cause everyone plays differently.
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-10-04 20:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry if this is semi off topic but others might be having the same problem I am and may not be able to enter because of this. Has anyone encountered a 002-0120 error when trying to connect online with the game? It's telling me to update my online services to a new version, which I did. I'm able to get onto the store and the tests run fine but for some reason it won't let me play online with Smash. I dont really play anything else on my 3DS so I dont have any other game to really test.

Edit: I should also mention I did try to google this error and saw some stuff about the same thing happening with pokemon and mario kart in the past.

Edit 2 : Ok so I think the problem is that my game isn't updating. It clearly says there is an update for the game and to start, launch the game while connected to the internet. I did that and it still didnt update :/ It even says "online" at the bottom.

Edit 3 : I think I figured it out. I just removed the cartridge and replaced it and it prompted me to update via the shop.

Edit 4 : Worked!
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-10-04 20:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I thought I remember reading that MK did in fact end up getting banned. Not that it matters anymore because I believe they nerfed his glide in 3DS. By nerf I think I remember reading they straight up removed it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-04 20:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They did try to ban MK at one point, but it didn't actually work. Apex (a major Smash tournament) ignored the ban, so everyone else did too. All it did was cause a lot of controversy.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 07:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, rules updated and registration officially starts now.

I know a lot of you said that you want to join, but let's make it official.

I'm in.

Also, if you have any specific requests to the rules, let me know and if enough people agree with you, I'll put it in the rules. 2 votes should do it (make sure to [+] the person suggesting the rule change).
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-10-06 07:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

In like flin

edit: 2638-1996-8602
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 07:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, forgot to mention.

You can be in different tournies. You don't have to join both.

And add your FC to here so I can post it on the first page.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-06 09:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

In, will add my FC later. Two suggestions:

-Add an 8 minute time limit per match. If the match goes to time, whoever has the most stocks/lowest damage wins.

-FD heavily favors certain characters, particularly those with projectiles. I'd add Battlefield and Yoshi's Island to the available stages for each match. Loser picks after each match.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 09:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I do have one question though: How can you do stock and time at the same time? Or do you just use a timer?

On the stage idea, I was going to publish the stages to use, but if you want me to, I can post multiple stages to use for that round. Or we can just do straight random instead.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-06 10:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have the "more rules" page unlocked you can add a time limit to stock matches.

I know this isn't super cereal or anything, but most of the stagelist (at least from what I've seen) features elements that don't really mesh well with a "play to win" philosophy. Walkoffs encourage camping, stage hazards and random stage elements introduce their own potential issues, and on a large stage like Arena Ferox I could potentially just get a stock lead and run out the clock if my character outmaneuvers yours. Granted the latter is still theoretically possible on FD/BF/YI (E3 finals anyone?), but with ledges not refreshing invulnerability it's generally riskier and more difficult now. Trimming the list down to those three stages is fairly safe: enough variety in layout to lend some balance to matchups without introducing too many additional elements. I can tentatively suggest other stages as well if you'd like, but those three would be my initial suggestion.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 10:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I can tentatively suggest other stages as well if you'd like, but those three would be my initial suggestion.
Please do, I don't want to play on the same stage over and over again (unless it's the Earthbound one, that stage is absolutely beautiful!)
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-10-06 12:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

FC is 0001 3405 0000

My fc is better than yours!
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-06 12:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

1950-8762-2340

I'm down for both.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-06 12:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomodachi Life and Arena Ferox would be my next suggestions. Beyond that... Brinstar, Corneria, Reset Bomb Forest, Tortimer Island, and Prism Tower.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 12:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Added Spath, some FCs, and a new item: Stages.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 12:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, would that Balloon Fight stage be good also?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7