Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » NFL as a tax-exempt entity
NFL as a tax-exempt entity
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Often times the DA with coerce the "victim" even if they don't want to be there, which is another level of ***that's *** up.

Define "coerce"?

You mean "convince them that their scum abuser should be behind bars"?

Not all people who get into fights are abusers.

But nice job going into Lifetime stereotypes.

Okay, you've responded with an insult but not answered my question.

I'm sorry, I took your request as rhetorical as it was absurd, I didn't realize you didn't know how to work a dictionary.

Quote:
co·erce
kōˈərs/
verb
verb: coerce; 3rd person present: coerces; past tense: coerced; past participle: coerced; gerund or present participle: coercing

persuade (an unwilling person) to do something by using force or threats.

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Btw speaking from experience as a paramedic ive seen dudes who look like they *** a lawnmower go to jail for cuts on a woman's knuckles lol

Being put into the lockup overnight until the fuzz sorts out what happened is not being convicted of abuse, battery, or anything else. You didn't see anything but the police taking people away to sort things out.

If they didn't lock her up too, then yes he saw the guy getting arrested for abuse when he was the victim.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 11:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what the word "coerce" means, you twit. I meant witin context of what you're saying, and you know that well. (Edit: that is to say, it sounds like you're speaking from experience. Or, at least, I have to assume you are, or have anecdotal evidence of someone close to you, otherwise your statement holds little water.)

And again. Being arrested doesn't mean being convicted.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what the word "coerce" means, you twit. I meant witin context of what you're saying, and you know that well. (Edit: that is to say, it sounds like you're speaking from experience. Or, at least, I have to assume you are, or have anecdotal evidence of someone close to you, otherwise your statement holds little water.)

And again. Being arrested doesn't mean being convicted.
Obviously you don't if you're asking me what it means.

Yes I'm aware of a situation where the DA coerced somebody into it, somebody who's very gullible.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-23 11:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No actually I did see the trial through to the end as I had to testify to the wounds or lack of wounds her wound was a slight red mark on her shoulder his was scratches a broken rib and a cracked tooth he did got time for it
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-23 11:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Get*
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-23 11:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

By no means do I believe thats the case all the time but I've seen loads more battered men than women in domestic ***
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-23 11:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I nearly got a contempt charge apparently yelling *** isn't allowed in court
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 11:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying men can't be abuse victims.

Sounds like a *** up situation though, lacking any additional details.

Just really hate people defending abusive people. And more often than not, that tends to be people - including victims - making excuses for bad people.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just really hate people defending abusive people. And more often than not, that tends to be people - including victims - making excuses for bad people.
My point is that while trying to combat that, we've gone into the territory of over zealously prosecuting things that shouldn't be prosecuted.

Even a first offender charge is basically nothing but a racketeering gig.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-23 11:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong I believe male or female abuser = scumbag but due to physical strength difference victim shouldn't auto default to the female
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 12:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is that while trying to combat that, we've gone into the territory of over zealously prosecuting things that shouldn't be prosecuted.

It's not over-zealous to prosecute to the full extent of the law scumbags who abuse their partners.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 12:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not over-zealous to prosecute to the full extent of the law scumbags who abuse their partners.

/sigh

way to go in glazing over the entire point and immediately default back to your lifetime fed garbage.

/slowclap
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 12:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh

way to go in glazing over the entire point and immediately default back to your lifetime fed garbage.

/slowclap

You said the point is not to overzealously prosecute things that shouldn't be prosecuted.

I'm stating my opinion that this doesn't fall under that category, and if you're beating your partner, you're scum.

Why is this a difficult concept?

Edit: And don't presume to know what's been "fed" to me.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 12:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You said the point is not to overzealously prosecute things that shouldn't be prosecuted.

I'm stating my opinion that this doesn't fall under that category, and if you're beating your partner, you're scum.

You automatically assume that everyone who's accused of domestic assault is scum and that they're beating their partner, which isn't the case.

Technically if you slap your woman's *** it's considered assault and you could be charged and prosecuted with it. The laws and their intent are being bastardized by overzealous DA's trying to rack up political points and $.

edit: then don't act just like those who are fed that nonsense.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 12:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You automatically assume that everyone who's accused of domestic assault is scum and that they're beating their partner, which isn't the case.

Technically if you slap your woman's *** it's considered assault and you could be charged and prosecuted with it. The laws and their intent are being bastardized by overzealous DA's trying to rack up political points and $.

edit: then don't act just like those who are fed that nonsense.

If you slap a woman's *** without her consent it's harassment, at minimum. Which is a crime.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-23 12:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh by lifetime nonsense I think hes talking about that channel where the eldest sister from full house gets raped and either toby keith or randy travis beats up cletus/slade/bobby and rescues the farm all within 90 minutes
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-23 12:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

By no means do I believe thats the case all the time but I've seen loads more battered men than women in domestic ***
How many more men than women?

Did you make a tally?
Domestic violence situations: X amount
Victim male: y amount
Victim female: z amount

Unless you did a diligent job recording data all you have is faulty human memory (everyone's memory is faulty).
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 12:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you slap a woman's *** without her consent it's harassment, at minimum. Which is a crime.
I didn't say "a" I said "your" is your reading comprehension that deplorable?

edit: also things that wouldn't even normally count as assault can get you charged with domestic assault, like defense of property, or life.

*** comes at you with a knife, you deck her in the nose and you get charged, there's something wrong with that. My question is: what can we do to change the laws to where the DA's trying to push an agenda/make $ can't prosecute victims? I am in no way saying Joe Schmoe wife beater shouldn't be in prison.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-23 12:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Of the 9 cases where my boss made my *** examiner 2 times I would say the male did more than defend himself but maybe too small sample size don't exactly have rampant domestic abuse here
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 12:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd better hope not, or a lot of what I've approved of you saying in the past is suspect.

Also, doesn't change the fact.

You slap your girlfriend's -- or even wife's -- *** if she's expressed a desire for you not to do so, you're chargeable.

I mean, that's pretty extreme on her part, but still.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-23 12:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Of the 9 cases where my boss made my *** examiner 2 times I would say the male did more than defend himself but maybe too small sample size don't exactly have rampant domestic abuse here
So, 2/9 in your opinion the woman was the victim?

You mean you don't get called out to a lot of domestic violence incidents. Since it is an under reported crime.

Do you know if it was neighbors reporting or the parties in the relationship?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 12:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd cite anecdotal evidence myself, but Jet has made it clear in past threads that my anecdotal evidence is not admissible, though his and others' seems to be.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 12:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd cite anecdotal evidence myself, but Jet has made it clear in past threads that my anecdotal evidence is not admissible, though his and others' seems to be.
Isn't everyone's?

Well, except Jet of course.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-23 12:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a lot too. But I hate anecdotal evidence. It's too easy to only remember shocking or confirmation bias incidents
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-23 12:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I get asked to examine the injuries nothing more nothing less and normally submit my report only testified the once because that ***was wrong
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 12:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes to case evidence, it's admissable, regardless of the anecdotalness of it or not, we'll leave that for this particular thread though.

As I was by no means saying "all" but just that some, and to me anyone who's innocent (of an actual crime, not just what's on the books, as well everyone's breaking some law at some point) shouldn't be punished for something as a side effect of trying to get the actual "monsters" as that's how our society was built.

It's at the point to where a woman could accuse somebody of hitting her and the guy would probably be at the minimum bullied into a plea deal, as in VA if they're not seeking jail time they don't have to give you a lawyer, apparently.

That wasn't the situation that I'm privy to, but you can get my point, if not then at this point you should have and I'm tired of this discussion by now.

Can we get back to the special class that is football?
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-23 12:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd better hope not, or a lot of what I've approved of you saying in the past is suspect.

Also, doesn't change the fact.

You slap your girlfriend's -- or even wife's -- *** if she's expressed a desire for you not to do so, you're chargeable.

I mean, that's pretty extreme on her part, but still.
Going back to that horrible saying "you can't rape a wife".

Edit:
Just to be clear this could be used for the husband, as well. However, this was literally a saying used. Marital rape was condoned for a long time
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 12:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't disagreeing with his assertion, as "no means no" regardless if there's a mutual legal agreement of marital status between you.

But to be fair, the *** slapping bit was twisted into something that I wasn't really getting at, but like I said, I'm tired of this derail, can we get back to lolfootball? no?