Does Islam Require Forced Conversions?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Does islam require forced conversions?
Does islam require forced conversions?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-23 13:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, Sweden must be in the top 3 countries(if not the first)in the world for quality of social conditions. You just have no idea how to even understand what you posted.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 13:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Which of "these countries" have you been to and spent enough time in to be placed in a position to actually refute UN Statistics.
Uh... you won't really ever be in a place to spend enough time in those countries to refute the UN Statistics. Because that isn't how statistics work.

Precisely my point, but I love how Ramy liked the post.

No. It isn't your point. At all.

It is very much so. You claim UN report stats to be inaccurate. I ask for some basis(data/info/reports/research/dispute/anything) to your opinion (be it sarcastic and condescending)

Did you read what Milamber posted?

Of course, you need to actually read this part:
Quote:
Please note that when using the figures, any cross-national comparisons should be conducted with caution because of the differences that exist between the legal definitions of offences in countries, or the different methods of offence counting and recording.

Not to mention KN pointed out all of the "missing" data in the report thanks to the Middle East's rape-reporting practices (or lack thereof).

That is a disclaimer noting that the statistics may or may not be entirely accurate noting certain conditions beyond their control and ability to quantify.

However, it is still the data we have to go on. The speculation you present is base don....?

I'm still waiting to hear your answer.
Wait, are you defending Dubai's post and findings?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-23 13:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of censorship, I laughed when that guy posted "s*x". Like it's a bad word lol.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 13:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
but saying Egypt is governed by Islam is like saying America is governed by Christianity. They are a secularist states.

I'm actually not going to get too down on you for this one because your point is understood, but American is largely governed by Christianity. Try getting a politician to admit they're an atheist or agnostic.

Won't happen. 99% of the time it would be complete and utter political suicide.
Are there amendments and bills passed with their backing based in religious scripture?

A secularist state doesn't care about what the religion of their politicians is. Obliging any politician to make public what their faith is, is at the complete opposite end of secularism - in theory.

That is not to say that politicians are not free to practice their faith publicly, as long as the pillars of government are not religiously charged in rhetoric - in theory.

I say in theory, because I am not naive enough, or ignorant, enough to think that coalitions and groups of faith are not formed and exercise influence over American Governance. They exist and there's a lot of them. But there's nothing stopping other religions from seeking the same representation.

Back on point though - Egypt's government actually persecutes Islamist though. They're public enemy #1 now, not just in Egypt but in the Gulf.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 13:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Speaking of censorship, I laughed when that guy posted "s*x". Like it's a bad word lol.
sux isn't a bad word~
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-23 13:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
but saying Egypt is governed by Islam is like saying America is governed by Christianity. They are a secularist states.

I'm actually not going to get too down on you for this one because your point is understood, but American is largely governed by Christianity. Try getting a politician to admit they're an atheist or agnostic.

It isn't governed largely by christianity... It's also harder to find single politicians without kids... It's just a picture painted to become more electable. It really has nothing to do with the decisions made or the government being run by christians... You said it yourself... try getting them to admit it. Doesn't mean they aren't actually atheist or agnostic just another thing to convince us all that they are convincing liars...

There really only seems to be a few hot button issues that really even bring up religious sentiment like abortion or gay marriage.

People can also be religious and also be able to make decisions while putting aside their faith.

In the end though politicians play to the audience... A big part of the problem is us.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 13:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on point though - Egypt's government actually persecutes Islamist though. They're public enemy #1 now, not just in Egypt but in the Gulf.
Are you sure they are persecuting Muslims for being Muslims, or Muslims for breaking the law?

Also, answer my above question!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-23 13:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a very nice straw you have there Blazed, but I never spoke of government. As Milamber pointed out on the previous page.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 13:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Are you sure they are persecuting Muslims for being Muslims, or Muslims for breaking the law?

I dont mind continuing the convo, but I'd like you to quickly google "Islamist" and then google "Muslim".
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 13:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Denying that the women's condition is at its worst in places of islamic culture is preposterous.

1.Egypt is a country governed by Islam?

I tried to explain culture, not religion, was the thought here too.

I went so far as to say that it's not the religion's fault local cultures use it to justifty awful things.

He didn't want to hear that, so he didn't.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 13:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a very nice straw you have there Blazed, but I never spoke of government. As Milamber pointed out on the previous page.

Not a straw man. I actually did read that too fast and just read "Muslim" without the culture part, which does change the subject of contention a fair bit.

In my defense though, I'm not guilty of anything you guys haven't done yourselves a fair bit.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 13:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Quote:

It isn't governed largely by christianity... It's also harder to find single politicians without kids... It's just a picture painted to become more electable. It really has nothing to do with the decisions made or the government being run by christians... You said it yourself... try getting them to admit it. Doesn't mean they aren't actually atheist or agnostic just another thing to convince us all that they are convincing liars...

There really only seems to be a few hot button issues that really even bring up religious sentiment like abortion or gay marriage.

People can also be religious and also be able to make decisions while putting aside their faith.

In the end though politicians play to the audience... A big part of the problem is us.

I'm not refuting anything you said. All I'm saying is that it's slightly flawed to say American politics is free of Christian influence.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 13:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Denying that the women's condition is at its worst in places of islamic culture is preposterous.

1.Egypt is a country governed by Islam?

I tried to explain culture, not religion, was the thought here too.

I went so far as to say that it's not the religion's fault local cultures use it to justifty awful things.

He didn't want to hear that, so he didn't.

I will grant you that. My mistake.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-23 13:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's refreshing when someone actually admits being mistaken. It happens once every 250 threads.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 13:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

With regards to "Muslim culture".
There is no such thing.
Bare with me for a second and please attempt to describe Muslim Culture.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 13:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont mind continuing the convo, but I'd like you to quickly google "Islamist" and then google "Muslim".
Done, now answer my questions.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 13:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to derail but:

Quote:
The violence against women act Renewal the Republicans wanted to put an exemption in for immigrants illegal aliens and people who had an abortion.

Do you have a link to any source on this?

Edit. Nvm. Found some stuff on it and more.

How deplorable.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 13:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I said Egypt's government persecutes Islamists, not muslims. The trial is on-going at the moment in the state vs the brotherhood. The charges are political in nature.

EDIT: That should be sufficient. at least it would be for someone who knows what an Islamist is and what a Muslim is.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 13:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I said Egypt's government persecutes Islamists, not muslims. The trial is on-going at the moment in the state vs the brotherhood. The charges are political in nature.
That's a political move, not religious.

But your earlier assertion makes it sound like Egypt is prosecuting people based on religion, since that was the topic at the time.

But again, are you defending Dubai's post about rape in the Middle East vs. the world? Even though several people have told you why the data and findings are completely wrong?
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-23 13:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We are all on SO many watchlists now. Thanks guys!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 13:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

***like the global gag rule for one.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-23 13:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Quote:

I'm not refuting anything you said. All I'm saying is that it's slightly flawed to say American politics is free of Christian influence.
Stating that the American government is largely governed by Christianity is much different than it not being free of Christian influence.

All the guy was saying is that The U.S.A. and Egypt are technically Secular states and he is right. It does not mean they are free of influence from other factors and christianity is far from the only thing to influence a politican and doesn't seem to be the most significant either.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-23 13:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bare with me
Ok *takes off clothes*
[+]
By volkom 2014-09-23 13:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

We are all on SO many watchlists now. Thanks guys!

tinfoil hat time?
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-23 13:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's refreshing when someone actually admits being mistaken. It happens once every 250 threads.
Cleary it's not the evolutionist that will admit to this, it came from a creationist!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-23 13:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25