Alaskan News Reporter Quits On The Air

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Alaskan News Reporter Quits on the Air
Alaskan News Reporter Quits on the Air
 Lye
By Lye 2014-09-22 08:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/lists/fck-it-i-quit-tv-reporter-charlo-greene-quits-live-on-air-in-spectacular-fashion-9748394.html

What are your thoughts?
By fonewear 2014-09-22 09:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts I like dark chocolate. Far as the pot I don't care either way. People will smoke it legal or not.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-22 10:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

My thoughts?
She has demonstrated she is not a professional and will probably never get another opportunity to prove otherwise.
She will be flipping burgers within the next 2 years when the electricity gets cut off.

Professionals don't allow their emotions to dictate their behavior within the work place, especially when you're on TV and expected to represent your organization professionally.

You're being paid to do a job within a certain manner. You don't do that, you're breaking the deal.

Even she was fired just before the show for no reason whatsoever, even if she was discriminated against, she has shown she is anything but professional. That's not how one behaves.

AMATEURS, AMATEURS EVERYWHERE.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-22 10:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

From the sound of it, the station found out that she was involved and gave her an ultimatum. It's not uncommon for companies to do that, they want all your income to be from them so they can leverage you by the wallet. She handled it badly, though I don't see why her swearing is that big of a deal. We show violence on TV nonstop, why is it ok to show a mother being murdered and a child abducted on primetime TV but its not ok to use curse words or nudity? As for legalizing pot, I don't really care one way or the other, but it needs to be decriminalized and private prisons shut down.
[+]
By Dolphis 2014-09-22 10:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

First time the news ever entertained me.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-09-22 11:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
She will be flipping burgers within the next 2 years when the electricity gets cut off.
Doubt it; she simply won't get another job on the air, but doesn't mean she'll be limited to flipping burgers. Hell, she could simply leave that job all together off her resume.

That said, it still doesn't take away from how much of an idiot she is, but yea; flipping burgers is a pretty big stretch
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-22 11:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sell pot, make money. Problem solved.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tribalprophet
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tribalprophet 2014-09-22 22:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
Doubt it; she simply won't get another job on the air, but doesn't mean she'll be limited to flipping burgers. Hell, she could simply leave that job all together off her resume.

"Hey, weren't you that idiot from tv that embarrassed her previous employer and taught them a lesson about how they never should have hired you???"
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-22 23:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Or conversely:

"We like someone with spunk like you, we could use an attack dog to push our agenda aggressively and pull in ratings with that kind of passion. Someone who doesn't give a ***, just quit *** cursing on TV a tad k? Save it for the newsroom interns."
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-09-22 23:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that other reporter peed a little after hearing that. Eh, everyone quits a job at some point. Not really fascinating to me however, gutsy thing to do it on live TV but meh, alaska? Viewers in the hundreds maybe?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-09-22 23:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, after that performance, the audience is the entire internet.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-09-23 00:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Eh, after that performance, the audience is the entire internet.

True enough, but I've seen many videos to this aspect to where I'm numb to their repercussions. Now if she did something completely amazing and original like... oh... whipping off her shirt to strangle the other reporter who is obviously dumbfounded, it would get much more publicity.