15 Questions For The Evolutionists Of AH.com

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 15 questions for the evolutionists of AH.com
15 questions for the evolutionists of AH.com
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-22 05:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Refreshazure said: »
You just said the flood was real I have every right to no longer trust your judgment that I am debating someone who is still in touch with physical history.

the flood probably has the most evidence against it of all God's acts.

I didn't say "the flood" was real, I hinted that there are scientific findings of real, large floods around the supposed time of Noah in both the Middle East and North America. Reading comprehension, sheesh.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-22 05:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I have 0 problem with religion being taught in schools, at school we had a compulsory subject called religious education, religion is a major part of the world and we should be educated on the major religions.

My only criticism of it was that it was very Christianity focusses, understandable in a sense as it is the major religion in the UK but I think it would have been beneficial to hear more about the other major religions.

I got an A in my Religious Education GCSE as well so now I can big up my CV with 10 A-C grades thanks to that solitary A.

What religion has no place in, is a science class, especially when it comes to explaining the concept of evolution, they contradict eachother.

Anyway if it isn't obvious yet, I'm atheist and I very much reject all religions as nonsense, my biggest criticism being that when in science something can't be explained, we say we don't know but we want to find out, whereas religious people historically have said, we don't know, therefore God.
Yeah, that's mostly a UK thing.

When I lived in London, the amount of Christian schools was mind blowing in such a tiny area (Wimbledon). I've never seen that in France.

Out of all the religions we were taught in France, Islam was the one that seemed like the most interesting. Where I come from, there are a lot of people becoming muslims when they weren't even religious to begin with. The basics of the religion go very well with how we live and our mindset.

I'm not religious myself nor am I interested in becoming religious, but after studying it and living around it for so long I find Islam really interesting. The same thing happens in Paris, for example. It helps that government and religion are separated here, I guess.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-22 05:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
You just said the flood was real I have every right to no longer trust your judgment that I am debating someone who is still in touch with physical history.

I didn't say "the flood" was real, I hinted that there are scientific findings of real, large floods around the supposed time of Noah in both the Middle East and North America. Reading comprehension, sheesh.

I'm going to let you go now before you attempt to backpedal anymore.

EDIT: and wait why can't the Christian God just of hide the evidence that he caused the flood.

you just panicked and accidentally caused an error in your line of thinking.

Because this evidence isn't proof of a miracle, only evidence that kinda maybe sorta coulda been it but nobody can prove it, which is entirely in line with what I've been saying the whole time.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-22 05:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, there were floods around this time. The religious books are merely books that took real life events (or made up stories) and made them better as fairy tales. You can relate some of the events described as things that happened, but the reality is kind of less impresive.

That's why the bible and other religious books are called the first scifi novels of humanity.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-22 05:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

But nobody can prove anything one way or another, which is why fighting about whether or not there is a god is absolutely pointless. I get antagonistic towards people and their idiocy in trying to prove the existence of god or the lack of one, but people shouldn't be antagonistic towards each other based simply upon their belief in a god or not. It's incredibly stupid.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-22 06:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The exit's thataway. Good riddance.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-22 06:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The exit's thataway. Good riddance.

Why are you upset?

seriously I've not got upset at all are your beliefs not strong enough to hold up to debate?

I believe peoples opinion should be up for debate I mean if they're not correct then they should be corrected.

there's no need to be upset about it it's just making a correction.

I'm trying to debate with you, but you seem to lack reading comprehension and you keep delving into this incomprehensible nonsense about some unicorn. Also, you can't "correct" my opinion without proving why yours is better. You have failed to do that.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-22 06:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

however the followers of Christianity wish to rewrite history in the United States and redo to school system in order to put creationism inside textbooks.

If this was your argument, why were you launching into some tirade about the existence of God? Nobody should be able to rewrite history to suit their needs, creationist or not. Textbooks about history and science should be kept to history and science. Did you assume I disagreed with you on that or what?
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-22 06:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause it doesn't matter if it is true or not, it is a part of human history, I studied greek god in class too, it was a part of human legacy, even it is true or not, it is always good to learn what other people did(or do) believe in because it open your mind and your view about people/world.

Did you ever travel outside of your redneck creationist town? Maybe that's why you hate on them so much.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-22 06:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

however the followers of Christianity wish to rewrite history in the United States and redo to school system in order to put creationism inside textbooks.

If this was your argument, why were you launching into some tirade about the existence of God? Nobody should be able to rewrite history to suit their needs, creationist or not. Textbooks about history and science should be kept to history and science. Did you assume I disagreed with you on that or what?

You can't attack creationism without ripping the Christian God a new one.

you may not agree with creationists but you allow them to do as they will because they shared the same God as you.

therefore you must unfortunately caught in the crossfire even know you're not as extreme and do not believe as they do.

I do not allow them to do as they will, so I'd appreciate it if you stopped making assumptions about me. If they tried to pull that crap in a school district I belonged to, I'd be one of the voices trying to stop it. I don't have to bash the Christian God to bash idiots who think they're doing God's will but are actually not.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-22 06:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even know where to begin with that post. Wow. Yeah, you're nuts. I'm out.
By Highwynd 2014-09-22 07:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

These questions were taken from Conservapedia. Anyone wants to lose all faith in humanity or laugh for a while, go check out Conservapedia and check out some good articles such as Homosexuality, Liberalism, Barack Obama, Evolution.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-22 07:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-09-22 07:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Anyway if it isn't obvious yet, I'm atheist and I very much reject all religions as nonsense, my biggest criticism being that when in science something can't be explained, we say we don't know but we want to find out, whereas religious people historically have said, we don't know, therefore God.
That's historically wrong, unless you're trying to say that religious people cannot become scientists.
It's a misconception that saying God is the reason behind our existence equals being laid back about understanding our world.

Quoted straight from the Qur'an:
"قُلْ سِيرُوا فِي الأَرْضِ فَانظُرُوا كَيْفَ بَدَأَ الْخَلْقَ ثُمَّ اللَّهُ يُنشِئُ النَّشْأَةَ الآخِرَةَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ"
"Say, [O Muhammad], "Travel through the land and observe how He began creation. Then Allah will produce the final creation. Indeed Allah , over all things, is competent."

christian and islam people clam all the time that humans where made by in god perfect image and that humans are perfect human that the only thing bad was there sin .
That's not an Islamic belief at all.

If you came here for a thoughtful analysis of the subject matter with people who treat others with respect despite having differing opinions, you're in the wrong forums.
I have to agree.
If you're not an agnostic or an atheist on this website, you're either stupid, delusional, ignorant, or a combination of all. So why bother, really? If you want to discuss such a sensitive topic, better take it to PMs with people whom you think are reasonable, where groupies won't jump at your throat to hijack the thread, and where egos are not at stake(lol).

Seha disagreed with you and said that Kooljack is the problem, but that's biased of her. What I saw was that only Jassik replied without trying to insult Kooljack for his grammar/ignorance/whatever reason. What about Refreshazure? I could say a lot more about his posts than KJ's (no offense to both). Admittedly, I didn't read the other long, deralied thread (I doubt that most of the poster even watched the OP anyways).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-22 07:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You should read my entire post.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-09-22 08:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What gets me is that the guy posted this particularly to start a fight. What's the point of summoning the beast if you can't handle the teeth?
[+]
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Alyora 2014-09-22 08:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get it either
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-09-22 08:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
What gets me is that the guy posted this particularly to start a fight. What's the point of summoning the beast if you can't handle the teeth?
Why does it have to be a fight?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-09-22 08:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
so you can't respond logically when confronted with paradox's within you're belief? got it!

come get me logic people who think i'm the delusional one; answer something

This is post number two. Unless I misunderstood what the phrase "come get me" means, I'd say this was his intention off the cuff.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-22 08:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Creationists and evolutionists going toe-to-toe on the internet? Shocking! But seriously, I bet nobody from either party here is this combative about it in their day-to-day lives. This atmosphere (teh interwebs) just exacerbates matters, but only on the internet where everything is a battle to the death.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14