Where Would You Vacay?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Where would you Vacay?
Where would you Vacay?
First Page 2
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 05:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some of the best places you've been to and why?
If money wasn't an obstacle, where would you go?

I'm thinking Alaska this Xmas. Maybe get into a fight with a grizzly bear and run down a moose.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-21 05:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How about getting to work on time then you can vacay wherever you want.
By Artemicion 2014-09-21 05:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to have a vacation in Dublin.
Probably wouldn't be a single minute of sobriety while there.

Being pragmatic though, I like to travel across the states every year or two to catch a Distant Worlds show. So far I've been to Chicago twice for the occasion. Best time of my life so far.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 06:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Temple Bar!!
Great place but I practically live there 15% of the time.
By Artemicion 2014-09-21 06:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to taste how a real guinness tastes straight from the source, since our imports are absolutely nothing akin to what you lads get.

(Great, now I'm craving a stout and some salty greasy fries/chips)
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 06:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had a drink in 12 years but I can tell you, its bitter... very bitter lol
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 06:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

I'm thinking Alaska this Xmas. Maybe get into a fight with a grizzly bear and run down a moose.
Don't get raped.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 07:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Don't get raped.
By the bear or moose? or both?
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 08:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Don't get raped.
By the bear or moose? or both?
Alaskan rape culture
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-21 08:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Best place I've been to? That's a tough one. Probably Milan or Verona. I liked Italy the most out of all the places I've visited.

Where I'd go if I had the money? Australia, go back to visit the Grand Canyon (only flew over it from Vegas), Canada (will go pretty soon), Russia and obviousl, Japan.

Might celebrate Christmas in Canada this year, we'll see what my schedule looks like. But if money really wasn't an issue, I'd visit all of that then I'd move to Netherlands and I'd live in a house in the middle of a Tulip field. That's the final place to visit.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 08:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

Best place I've been to? That's a tough one. Probably Milan or Verona. I liked Italy the most out of all the places I've visited.

Where I'd go if I had the money? Australia, go back to visit the Grand Canyon (only flew over it from Vegas), Canada (will go pretty soon), Russia and obviousl, Japan.

Might celebrate Christmas in Canada this year, we'll see what my schedule looks like. But if money really wasn't an issue, I'd visit all of that then I'd move to Netherlands and I'd live in a house in the middle of a Tulip field. That's the final place to visit.
Let me recommend Volendam for you then. 20-30 minutes from Amsterdam by boat. BEAUTIFUL!! Very touristy area but there are also places that are secluded. Its like Asteriks and Oblexes village but its an Island. Best time I've ever had. The Dutch really know how to live.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2014-09-21 09:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in Cozumel, Mexico this past February. Was a great trip. Beats being in NY in the winter. I've been to Venice, Italy which was also a good time. The trip I'm currently saving for is a tour of the Greek isles. That's something I've been wanting to do for quite some time.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 10:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bongarippa said: »
I was in Cozumel, Mexico this past February. Was a great trip. Beats being in NY in the winter. I've been to Venice, Italy which was also a good time. The trip I'm currently saving for is a tour of the Greek isles. That's something I've been wanting to do for quite some time.
Don't save too much or you might end up buying some real estate while you're there. The prices are sometimes as low as 1 year's rent in NY or any major metropolitan city.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-21 10:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and the wife do Maui, Hawaii every few years. There's just enough to do that you don't get bored, but not enough that you can't sleep in and not feel guilty.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-21 10:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Probably Milan or Verona. I liked Italy the most out of all the places I've visited
Ever been to Tuscany? Imo the prettiest towns are there and in Umbria. Florence, Piza, Lucca, very nice places.
Venice can be a great experience too if you go in a period when it's not too crowded and the weather is nice(yeah I know there's a problem with pigeons though <.<)
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-09-21 10:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Me and the wife do Maui, Hawaii every few years. There's just enough to do that you don't get bored, but not too much that you can sleep in and not feel guilty.

Fixed I think.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-21 10:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The Cinque Terre would be seriously nice as well, if Italy is realistic for you.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 10:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprised no one has said Hamburg yet.
By fonewear 2014-09-21 10:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Maldives.

[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 10:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Maldives.

Quickly before it is reclaimed by the Ocean.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-21 10:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea that is the sad part... it is also the country with the lowest natural highest point in the world, at 2.4 metres (7 ft 10 in)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-21 10:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
The Cinque Terre would be seriously nice as well, if Italy is realistic for you.
If you wanna go to Italy and stay at a nice seaside place I would greatly recommend Amalfi or towns nearby. That coast is amazing(and I live close to there..!)
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2014-09-21 11:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The next vacation I'm planning to take is to Austin, Texas, for next summer's RTX. I won't make a habit of going there though, because I just don't like hot desert weather much at all.

Beyond that, I'd like to visit Ireland someday. Sometime for a winter vacation, I'd like to spend a (very short) amount of time in Bora Bora, St. Lucia, or the Maldives. I would enjoy myself there for a day or two, tops, and then I would be sick of the sunshine and want to go home. I would like to see some ruins of past peoples, such as the Mayan ruins of Tonina or Machu Picchu. I'd like to go on a cruise around Alaska, but then again I'm not sure I want to be stuck on a boat packed like sardines with other people. If they had a cruise ship that was filled to maybe only half capacity, that would be good. I'd like to go to Egypt and check out the pyramids, Valley of the Kings, and other touristy stuffs. I'd like to go to Las Vegas just so I can go stay in the Golden Nugget hotel just so I can go on a slide through a shark tank.

Oh yeah! Shark tanks! I want to go to one of those places where you can get in a cage and go into a shark tank and see them close-up. Also an alligator/crocodile tank. It might be a warning to me that this one is located in Darwin. I'm sorry to my sense of self-preservation, but I just really want to see them up close!

And then I want to go to New Zealand to go black water rafting and go on the Lord of the Rings tour. Yep.

And when I'm done with all that, I want to go everywhere else, too. Italy, Spain, Germany, all over! And go eat sushi in Japan!
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-21 11:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If money was no barrier, like Senkyuutai, I'd visit Japan, though only very specific places, such as Akihabara, and the Okinawa beaches, and some of the untapped countryside.

I'd also like to visit Wales, most of Ireland, and all of Scotland.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 11:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I found my Xmas holiday - thanks for sending me the info.

EDIT: Alligators underwater can be seen for what they truly are - Just a big 'ol bunch of teeth. I'll never go in the water again.
[+]
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-09-21 11:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For me, there is no one specific place I want to go. It's my lifelong journey to see as much of this world as possible before I leave it. Both military and civilian travel, I've been all over this big blue marble. From Hawaii to the Caribbean, from Italy to Hong Kong.

Thus far, my recent trip to the Bahamas has been my favorite, odd considering I have family in (and thus easier access to) Jamaica. I'd definitely go again. Especially here---

Even in the fall and winter, alot of tropical islands stay outstanding.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 11:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jackieolivas said: »
For me, there is no one specific place I want to go. It's my lifelong journey to see as much of this world as possible before I leave it. Both military and civilian travel, I've been all over this big blue marble. From Hawaii to the Caribbean, from Italy to Hong Kong.

Thus far, my recent trip to the Bahamas has been my favorite, odd considering I have family in (and thus easier access to) Jamaica. I'd definitely go again. Especially here---

Even in the fall and winter, alot of tropical islands stay outstanding.
Come to Dubai. Don't say you've been to Bahrain or Qatar, its not the same.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-21 11:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're coming to visit Canada, I would have to suggest coming in early to mid January, for a trip to Banff National Park

It's got plenty of hiking trails, amenities, close proximity to some of the best ski resorts and mountains in North America
[+]
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-09-21 11:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Come to Dubai. Don't say you've been to Bahrain or Qatar, its not the same.

I've been to the Emirates. It was alright, but I'm alot more of a wildlife person than a city person, and you have to admit, the Emirates are alot of city.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2014-09-21 11:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Banff looks and sounds gorgeous, Bloodrose! Canada is one of those places I definitely want to see a lot of someday.
First Page 2