Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2014-09-17 14:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the gameplay suffer if you don't play in 3D? Absolutely not. Been playing with mine for 3+ years and there are times I turn it on, just to check out the 3D'ness, and then go back to 2D. Some games I prefer in 3D. Some I don't.

And if you're a big fisted guy, like I am, get the XL. There are times my hands are just aching after a multi-hour gameplay session. Because the regular 3DS is a good size, but not ideal for big handed people. I recently held a 3DS XL and oh god. Orgasmic. Buying the Super Smash Bros. 3DS XL next week.

The 2DS doesn't suffer any hardware problems. It's just a cumbersome device. You should go to a GameStop or video game store and just hold all three devices and see what feels comfortable. I prefer the ability to close the lid because 1) I don't want any of my stuff scruffed up 2) I utilize the crap out of the StreetPass feature on the 3DS/2DS.
 Asura.Escorian
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2014-09-17 14:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never played a game in 3d because it makes my eyes hurt.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-17 14:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

1st song I played:
FFXIV Fallen Angel
<3
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2014-09-17 15:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
1st song I played:
FFXIV Fallen Angel
<3
FFIX Something to Protect. <3

One thing that makes me sad about XIV's music is I haven't played it so I won't be at nostalgic about that FF's music as much.

Asura.Escorian said: »
I have never played a game in 3d because it makes my eyes hurt.
I put on the 3DS when I complete a puzzle mainly in Mii Plaza. Otherwise, yes. Eye sores. @_@
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-17 15:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

basically Garudaa's theme.
YouTube Video Placeholder

just did an online match, I dont understand how I lost.
we both scored a perfect game, I had 2 better notes than my opponent, and sill managed to lost by 80k points (not a lot)?

only difference was, he was level 60's while I had ear;y 30's...
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-17 15:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zekky said: »
Does the gameplay suffer if you don't play in 3D? Absolutely not. Been playing with mine for 3+ years and there are times I turn it on, just to check out the 3D'ness, and then go back to 2D. Some games I prefer in 3D. Some I don't.

And if you're a big fisted guy, like I am, get the XL. There are times my hands are just aching after a multi-hour gameplay session. Because the regular 3DS is a good size, but not ideal for big handed people. I recently held a 3DS XL and oh god. Orgasmic. Buying the Super Smash Bros. 3DS XL next week.

The 2DS doesn't suffer any hardware problems. It's just a cumbersome device. You should go to a GameStop or video game store and just hold all three devices and see what feels comfortable. I prefer the ability to close the lid because 1) I don't want any of my stuff scruffed up 2) I utilize the crap out of the StreetPass feature on the 3DS/2DS.

I'll do that, I guess. I dunno; I'm ashamed to admit how much I like rhythm games given that I'm an actual musician (admittedly of moderate skill), but a good rhythm game with an RP element and SE music?

I'm practically sold.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-17 19:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

working on Silver class AI battles, Platinum gonna be a botch bc of the EX burst crap, some songs are hard enough ;;
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-09-17 22:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So I thought it'd be a good idea to do a level 50 quest where the final song is One-Winged Angel...on Ultimate.

FML.

I'm actually quite scared to see Shinryu on Ultimate since it gets a bit crazy on Expert. LOL

BTW yall, if you haven't yet, there are 2 free songs in their DLC until the 30th of September.
[+]
 Valefor.Artemys
Server: Valefor
user: Artemys
By Valefor.Artemys 2014-09-17 22:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivykyori said: »
So I thought it'd be a good idea to do a level 50 quest where the final song is One-Winged Angel...on Ultimate.

FML.

I'm actually quite scared to see Shinryu on Ultimate since it gets a bit crazy on Expert. LOL

BTW yall, if you haven't yet, there are 2 free songs in their DLC until the 30th of September.
Where's the DLC option?
Nevermind, saw it's before you log in to your profile!
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-17 23:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

2 free? :O /goesandgets
 Valefor.Artemys
By Valefor.Artemys 2014-09-18 01:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Old news but incase no one saw. . .naturally, Japan gets the cool stuff
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-09-18 02:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Another FFXI bit...

"Distant Memories" (the ending CoP song) plays when you're viewing the card album :D
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-18 07:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Another FFXI bit...

"Distant Memories" (the ending CoP song) plays when you're viewing the card album :D
noticed this last night, pretty neat. 20k Rythmia causes Chaos (Final Boss Fight) to appear, once you beat him it unlocks him as amember. I havnt tried him yet but maby in next set of chars, Cloud Squall Lightning Y'shotel Zack Noel Serah and Agrias Lv99! Doing Jecht Auron Shantotto and Aerith now.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 07:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Artemys said: »

Drives me nuts; you'd really think that at this point, in a global economy, this sort of regional-exclusive perk would be obsolete.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-09-18 08:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone play with the circle pad and buttons?

This is my first rhythm game and I am having a hard time with the green ones with arrows when the arrow is pointing the opposite way I was just moving the slider. I try to keep the slider going down for example, but then the arrow is up, and since I am moving it down as soon as the arrow hits the circle, BAD. Any tips?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 08:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Drives me nuts; you'd really think that at this point, in a global economy, this sort of regional-exclusive perk would be obsolete.

They don't think enough copies will sell here to justify it. It's why we get the big hits like the Pokemon 3DS or Zelda.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-18 08:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wah that's beautiful *grabby hands*
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2014-09-18 14:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Anyone play with the circle pad and buttons?

This is my first rhythm game and I am having a hard time with the green ones with arrows when the arrow is pointing the opposite way I was just moving the slider. I try to keep the slider going down for example, but then the arrow is up, and since I am moving it down as soon as the arrow hits the circle, BAD. Any tips?
I'm actually trying to figure that one out myself. e.e;; I hate how I follow the flow of the green line and it goes in a direction that I don't want. e.e;;

If I figure it out, I'll let you know. I normally go stylus mode on all the songs unless I'm lying in bed or just being a lazy *** who doesn't want to pull out the stylus. Lol.

Asura.Natenn said: »
2 free? :O /goesandgets
Turn on the SpotPass notification on your game. That's how I found out about the free songs. Where you'd see the green light for StreetPasses, you'll see a blue one for a SpotPass.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-18 17:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope they add Caius theme to dlc i like that more then the 1 already in there
By fillerbunny9 2014-09-19 20:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

the two Mystic Quest songs supposedly come from having played the Demo as well, if people happen to be missing those.
 Valefor.Artemys
By Valefor.Artemys 2014-09-21 02:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
the two Mystic Quest songs supposedly come from having played the Demo as well, if people happen to be missing those.

If I download the Demo I get those? Or how exactly does that work?

On an unrelated note, WOOOOOOW played someone online international named Kitty, on Ultimate Score, they got alll perfects on me on Fallen Angel, I was like wwhaaaaaa???!!
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-21 03:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yea those JP ppl are nuts, he got all crits on ultimate Battle at the big bridge
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2014-09-21 09:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

If I download the Demo I get those? Or how exactly does that work?

On an unrelated note, WOOOOOOW played someone online international named Kitty, on Ultimate Score, they got alll perfects on me on Fallen Angel, I was like wwhaaaaaa???!!
I just downloaded the demo and it did mention your game would recognize it if you played the demo, but it appears it doesn't work if you've played the real game already. ; ;
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-09-21 20:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing this is making me want to go through and play every FF game. I have not played a few of them for more than a minute or two (FF5 I did the opening bit, up to where you have a full party and FF9 I have never even actually played).

I just fought a boss enemy that was like a black mage with black wings, which game is that from?
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-09-21 20:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing this is making me want to go through and play every FF game. I have not played a few of them for more than a minute or two (FF5 I did the opening bit, up to where you have a full party and FF9 I have never even actually played).

I just fought a boss enemy that was like a black mage with black wings, which game is that from?

FF9 If I recall.
By Artemicion 2014-09-21 20:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What do I have to do to unlock the DLC option? It annoys me so many basic functions are locked until further down.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2014-09-21 21:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You've never played FF9? Drop everything you're doing and play it!! Easily one of the best FFs. FF5 isn't bad either if you're more into the job system and what not
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-09-21 21:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
What do I have to do to unlock the DLC option? It annoys me so many basic functions are locked until further down.

I didnt even realize there was DLC until they told me I unlocked it.

Soo... Yah idk
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2014-09-21 22:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
I think you need to play a couple music songs. It doesn't take much to unlock it.

This guy, right? That's Black Waltz from FF IX. And like Chrisstreb said, drop what you're doing and play this most excellent game. FF IX is my most favorite FF title.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-09-22 00:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Something else I'm sure most of you found out within like an hour... If you play the song "voyager" on FFXI's sound track, instead of walking across a field, you'll actually be sailing the boat from XI.

You know... the one you take from Selbina > Mhaura.

Same for "Engage" on XIV's soundtrack, you'll be flying the Enterprise (Cids XIV airship)