Obamas War Without Congress Approval

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obamas war without congress approval
Obamas war without congress approval
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 12:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
I could use 3 troops and $500 million to combat my debt battles, maybe I should request more aid.

edit: *** gimme 50 bucks and I'll be set.
It'd get me a tank of gas, but 50k would pay off my cc's and current student loans and I'd still have $ to spare.

I'd probably buy a used car with the rest, as mine's near the end of it's life, 300k+ miles been wrecked over half a dozen times, can barely legally keep it on the road... (not all by me mind you).
Racking up debt, rather than making money and pay off that debt will do that.

Yeah, well. Sometimes you get bad advice from people you trust.

And sometimes the entire culture seems to push you into bad decisions.

Frankly I should never have gone to college. Should have gone into a trade.
Don't forget those shady people who charge money to get you the very best college loans who hold their seminars at an airport hotel.

For some reason I can picture you doing this.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 12:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
I could use 3 troops and $500 million to combat my debt battles, maybe I should request more aid.

edit: *** gimme 50 bucks and I'll be set.
It'd get me a tank of gas, but 50k would pay off my cc's and current student loans and I'd still have $ to spare.

I'd probably buy a used car with the rest, as mine's near the end of it's life, 300k+ miles been wrecked over half a dozen times, can barely legally keep it on the road... (not all by me mind you).
Racking up debt, rather than making money and pay off that debt will do that.

Indeed, the *** up part is I could have done it all for free 8 years ago and I messed that up. We live and we learn sir, we live and we learn.

I still am looking at finishing with less than a 50-60k debt, that's more than a lot of students can say, and that's if I keep on the path of loans, I'm looking to go back to work full time and just take a class or two at a time, as I'll at least get up and go to work, but I'm one lazy *** student.
Yeah, I ended up graduating with over $80k in debt from college. Frivolously spending those refund checks. Good times. lol

Frankly, using the money for tuition was probably the most frivolous expendeture I made with that money.

Seriously. If I hadn't had a really good time in college, I'd probably be near-suicidal over the fact I'll probably spend the next four decades in debt for it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-16 12:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a good $25k in credit debt at one time. Waited until they took me to court. Asked them to verify the debts. They couldn't. Cases dropped, items removed from my credit report. Lucked out on that one.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 12:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if mentioned already, but Al Qaeda branches of Yemen and Maghreb have said to be ready to ally with Isis to fight USA&friends and are inciting the other ones to join the war too. (previously the two factions weren't really going along)
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 12:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course they want them gone, they're interrupting what they want.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 12:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a good $25k in credit debt at one time. Waited until they took me to court. Asked them to verify the debts. They couldn't. Cased dropped, items removed from my credit report. Lucked out on that one.

You realize that kind of thing makes me hate you so much, right?

Do you know how frustrating it is that people can rack up endless credit card debt on...whatever, really, and just have it waived away by a court over technicalities, but I have to essentially be crippled for life before they'll even consider maybe forgiving a portion of my student loan debt?

And this is the system that impresses upon children from a ridiculously young age that you've got to go to college or you're a loser who will end up flipping burgers all your life.

Except now everyone is pushing for the burger flippers to make a "living wage", which basically means the difference between their pay and mine would be...

wait for it...

The amount I pay in student loan payments a month.

Seriously. It makes me want to hurt people.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 12:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a good $25k in credit debt at one time. Waited until they took me to court. Asked them to verify the debts. They couldn't. Cases dropped, items removed from my credit report. Lucked out on that one.

Oh I don't feel so bad then, mine's only at about 7, and it was down to 6 before april..
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 12:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Not sure if mentioned already, but Al Qaeda branches of Yemen and Maghreb have said to be ready to ally with Isis to fight USA&friends and are inciting the other ones to join the war too. (previously the two factions weren't really going along)

Which is just more of a reason for all the reasonable countries to team up and curb stomp these *** scumbags into oblivion.

No "training other rebels so they can beat them themselves"...and then turn into the next batch of terrorists in 10 years.
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2014-09-16 12:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

al-qaeda freedom fighters.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 12:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I don't feel so bad then, mine's only at about 7, and it was down to 6 before april..

My amassed credit card debt is all of like $900 over two accounts that will be paid off in the next month. -.-;
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 12:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

@Ramy: Depending where you work and if you're making your payments on time, after 10 years you can have your loans forgiven.

But yes I'm totes jelly on getting 25k of cc debt wiped out, must be nice.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-16 12:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a good $25k in credit debt at one time. Waited until they took me to court. Asked them to verify the debts. They couldn't. Cased dropped, items removed from my credit report. Lucked out on that one.

You realize that kind of thing makes me hate you so much, right?

Do you know how frustrating it is that people can rack up endless credit card debt on...whatever, really, and just have it waived away by a court over technicalities, but I have to essentially be crippled for life before they'll even consider maybe forgiving a portion of my student loan debt?

And this is the system that impresses upon children from a ridiculously young age that you've got to go to college or you're a loser who will end up flipping burgers all your life.

Except now everyone is pushing for the burger flippers to make a "living wage", which basically means the difference between their pay and mine would be...

wait for it...

The amount I pay in student loan payments a month.

Seriously. It makes me want to hurt people.
'Murica!
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 12:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My amassed credit card debt is all of like $900 over two accounts that will be paid off in the next month. -.-;

Yeah, I plan to get mine down to manageable levels, was using mine to live off instead of taking out more loans.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-16 12:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was on lolfacebook I posted some pictures of the ruling from court, people had the same reaction:
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 12:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What shitty collection agency didn't have the paperwork?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 12:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

@Ramy: Depending where you work and if you're making your payments on time, after 10 years you can have your loans forgiven.

I need to look into it. The federal loans can be forgiven. The private ones can't.

It doesn't help that trying to deal with these people honestly is one of the hardest things in the world for me. Just speaking to them pushes my anxiety level sky high.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-16 12:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Some Russian dude took a CC application, used some kind of micro printer to introduce his own clause that pretty much said "the credit card company will pay out the value of accumulated debt to the customer's bank account indefinitely". signed it, and sent it across. The credit card company counter signed, and gave him his nice new unlimited credit card. They took him to court after many months because he didn't make a single payment and maxed it out.

They weren't aware of the "super fine print"

He made them aware of it in court.

He won the case. He has infinite money. He just can't spend more than $10,000 a month I think it was (his CC's limit)

True story.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 12:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was on lolfacebook I posted some pictures of the ruling from court, people had the same reaction:

You can't say that's not expected.

I mean, good for you in your individual case, but...c'mon.

That's really *** lame.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 12:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to look into it. The federal loans can be forgiven. The private ones can't.

It doesn't help that trying to deal with these people honestly is one of the hardest things in the world for me. Just speaking to them pushes my anxiety level sky high.
Ah yes, I haven't taken out any private loans, on purpose. Unfortunately it also means that bankruptcy also can't wipe them out. But at least they can't garnish for them.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-16 12:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Some Russian dude took a CC application, used some kind of micro printer to introduce his own clause that pretty much said "the credit card company will pay out the value of accumulated debt to the customer's bank account indefinitely". signed it, and sent it across. The credit card company counter signed, and gave him his nice new unlimited credit card. They took him to court after many months because he didn't make a single payment and maxed it out.

He won the case. He has infinite money. He just can't spend more than $10,000 a month I think it was (his CC's limit)

True story.
I definitely remember reading about this.

My thought was, damn I wish I thought of that.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 12:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty *** hilarious.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 12:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yes, I haven't taken out any private loans, on purpose. Unfortunately it also means that bankruptcy also can't wipe them out. But at least they can't garnish for them.

Oh, Sallie Mae is still considered private, but they're quite protected from Bankruptcy cases.

Not that I would go that route anyhow, because I'm actually doing fairly well. It's just a really, really annoying thing to have hanging over your head.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-16 12:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

In UAE, average debt amongst Emiratees is like USD 450,000.
But then again, average income is like 20,000 USD/Month.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-16 12:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Found this report from Equifax.

All they were able to get to stick was a measly $584 which I promptly paid off. The rest added up to ~$25k

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-16 12:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

True story.

Brilliant. *** them with their own spiked ***. *** them all.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 12:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

True story.

Brilliant. *** them with their own spiked ***. *** them all.

While I harbour nothing but hate, contempt, and spite for these corporations and banks who routinely make it a point to *** people over as hard and often as possible, you do realize that people who manage to pull stuff like this off are just *** over honest people, right?

You think the bank is absorbing that cost?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 13:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

While I harbour nothing but hate, contempt, and spite for these corporations and banks who routinely make it a point to *** people over as hard and often as possible, you do realize that people who manage to pull stuff like this off are just *** over honest people, right?
I had the same thoughts, but in the opposite order.
While I think this guy did a *** move, I just have a very hard time feeling sorry for a bank.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 13:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

While I think this guy did a *** move, I just have a very hard time feeling sorry for a bank.

Oh, you're misunderstanding me.

I don't feel bad for the bank at all.

I feel bad for myself and people like me who try to play it straight and therefore the banks just take a bigger piece out of our *** because they're going to make that money up somehow.

They're not *** the bank over.

They're *** us over.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-16 13:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, you're misunderstanding me.

I don't feel bad for the bank at all.

I feel bad for myself and people like me who try to play it straight and therefore the banks just take a bigger piece out of our *** because they're going to make that money up somehow.

They're bending us over without so much as buying dinner and a movie.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 13:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They're *** us over.
Not really, for that to be true the bank would have to be not *** us over regardless.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19