Destiny!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Destiny!
Destiny!
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 35 36 37
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-10-18 12:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No mention of taking away the ability to knock the Templar off, and they're making it completely random who gets teleported. Whelp, Vault of Glass only continues to get stupider as time goes on. I really hope Crota isn't handled this poorly... -_-;
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-10-18 12:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zellc said: »
Just got my first exotic bounty(at level 30 >.>). Need a little help picking the right one for me. I can choose from Pocket, Really Good Advice and Bad Juju.

On one hand I could use a good fusion rifle for shenanigans. Good Advice seems a little meh when I can use Corrective Measure and Hezen. For Bad Juju, in light of the recent update, I think it may be the best option. Can anyone else weigh in with their thoughts?

Pocket Infinity is a rapid fire Fusion Rifle, really cheap weapon in Pvp. Bad Juju is going to remain terrible until Bungie increases the impact or add more mag. Super Good Advice? Not even worth saying anything.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-18 13:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't even heard of or seen Super Good Advice...what is it..?
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-10-18 13:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an Exotic Machine Gun. The only special thing about it is most of it's bullets that miss are returned to the mag. Personally I hate the thing, the recoil is horrible to the point I just hate using it, and the fact it has no stability upgrades makes it all the worse.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-18 13:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I would never use an exotic heavy weapon.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-10-18 13:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Except for the Gjallarhorn. Gjallarhorn is the strongest weapon in the game ATM. Wolf Hounds makes it hard for it to miss.

Edit: Wolf Hounds is the ability of the Gjallarhorn, makes the launcher lock on to targets. The clusters also seek targets after the explosion and they hit pretty hard to.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-10-18 13:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, there are exceptions imo. For example, I've been using Truth during this week's Nightfall due to it being Void Burn and the fact it's the only Void Exotic. Admittedly, outside of that though, I agree, not many instances I'll probably use my Truth.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-10-18 13:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ice Breaker and Praeydyths Revenge are better in Elemental Modifiers. If you do a mission with Solar Burn, use the Gjallarhorn on bosses. 2-3x of them will waste the Boss health down in mere seconds like the video I posted. Ice Breaker is the strongest Sniper in Destiny.

Edit: Patience and Time for Arc. If no go. Hope you have a Supremacy with Arc mod on it.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-10-18 13:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-10-18 14:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
He forgot the Vex are Prometheans.
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2014-10-18 19:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »
Just got my first exotic bounty(at level 30 >.>). Need a little help picking the right one for me. I can choose from Pocket, Really Good Advice and Bad Juju.

On one hand I could use a good fusion rifle for shenanigans. Good Advice seems a little meh when I can use Corrective Measure and Hezen. For Bad Juju, in light of the recent update, I think it may be the best option. Can anyone else weigh in with their thoughts?

Pocket Infinity is a rapid fire Fusion Rifle, really cheap weapon in Pvp. Bad Juju is going to remain terrible until Bungie increases the impact or add more mag. Super Good Advice? Not even worth saying anything.

Thanks! Got Pocket and working on the 200 kills now. Its not tough, more annoying than anything, especially with juggler.
By volkom 2014-10-18 19:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Except for the Gjallarhorn. Gjallarhorn is the strongest weapon in the game ATM. Wolf Hounds makes it hard for it to miss.

Edit: Wolf Hounds is the ability of the Gjallarhorn, makes the launcher lock on to targets. The clusters also seek targets after the explosion and they hit pretty hard to.

Wolfpack Rounds*
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2014-10-18 20:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Having trouble with the social side of this game, but I soloed to 26 using crucible. If anyone wants to do some heroics or anything shoot me a request on ps4 Jhouse93.
By volkom 2014-10-18 21:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm so upset. I have 3 alpha lupi body pieces....

guess time to make 2 titans
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2014-10-19 05:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That Honest trailer was *** hilarious. Too true, too true!

Not looking forward to the RNG patch for Atheon. It's bad enough that people can't cement into roles when given, told, and played in and to them. Gonna be so bad when they do this, except to the players with above average intelligence.

I went with a Clan tonight on my 29 Warlock for normal. They were 3 28s, a 27, and a 26. We butchered everything before Atheon with very little death and very little trouble. Once at Atheon though, I couldn't get them to understand Supplicants needed to be killed. None of them could use the Aegis worth a damn, but two or three of them did fine with Oracles. So we'd wreck the oracles, and then get blown up by Supplicants. They literally let the supplicants flood the map, so I changed the portal team so I'd be outside killing Supplicants, but then they wiped inside. This went on for 3 hours before they gave up and went to bed.

Then I wasted 2 hours of my life trying to edge Atheon with grenades, but when he backed off the ledge, his feet went into his falling animation, but he rubberbanded back onto the cliff. I got him to rubberband 4 more times before I gave up. Idk if patch or if I suck and bad luck.

Also I saw the vid of the 17 second kill of Atheon during the first Time of Vengeance. It said they used 4 Gjallarhorns and then a bunch of Fusion Bolts or something. What I want to know is, is why the dude's Gjallarhorn and weapons in the vid were rainbow colored. Graphical error on Xbone? /shrug
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-10-19 08:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Rainbow Colored? All your weapons get the glowing color when Time Vengeance is active. Visible on Xbox One, not a graphical error.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-10-19 08:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

Those pieces are trash tbh, I see no application for them other than wearing it because it is your only exotic.

I mean if a rez took ages I would understand, but it doesn't.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-10-19 09:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a life saver in hardcore situations.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-10-19 11:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a life saver in hardcore situations.

Hardcore situations? Such as?

I mean, outside the raid the optimal class for Hunter is Bladedancer. Bladedancer's camo completely invalidates the armor.

Inside the raid, you're split into teams, so if you happen to die, you have someone right near you, the extra less seconds it takes to revive you isn't going to outweigh what you could instead be using.

Hard mode version of the raid invalidates it completely.

Titan I guess you can make a case for, but just...why? If there is a situation where it's hard to revive someone and for whatever reason they must be revived, you can place a bubble around them and safely revive them.

That aside, Titan gets a nice Exotic body alternative. I don't know much about their options, but the double grenade body looks nice.

I just don't see those extra seconds of reviving someone who might not even die to begin with being worth the loss of what you could have instead.

You can kind of switch on the fly, but doing so requires you to go into the menu and waste seconds defenseless, when you could have just used those seconds to revive the person.
By volkom 2014-10-19 12:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

Those pieces are trash tbh, I see no application for them other than wearing it because it is your only exotic.

its actually really amazing for 3v3 pvp (skirmish)
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-10-19 12:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I like it for Nightfall personally, but it can also help with super spamming. On harder Heroics/Nightfalls it's nice to be able to spam supers back to back, and with the extra orb drops you can basically alternate supers between two people endlessly provided you don't miss. Myself and a friend tend to do it using Fist of Havoc and Nova Bomb.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2014-10-19 12:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

its actually really amazing for 3v3 pvp (skirmish)

really grasping at straws, the revive time is entirely negligible
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2014-10-19 12:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

*jumps in on the alpha lupi arguement*

I have obtained 2 of these from engrams, trashed them both. I been using The Armemtarium (can hold an extra grenade, extra special ammo, extra heavy ammo) on my defender to outstanding success. With my grenade regen at 100% and able to charge up to two grenades, i am rarely without a grenade when i need one. Also being able to carry 7 rockets i just simply nice. I have yet to see a exotic body for titan that i would rather use over it.

As for when i have to go striker, I bust out my helm of inmost light. two extra abilities along with the other buffs are actually very useful. It makes me far more mobile on fists of havok and able to invest in other abilities. Not to mention i might have saved myself on the raid chasm jump a few times using my super with striker set.

But yeah, i have played with others who use the armors that speed up revival. It seems extremely niche. most the time, the extra orbs they generate are wasted on me since i build my super really fast anyways (i defender most the item) and rarely has that 1 second revive been a deciding factor.

just my 2 cents
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-10-19 13:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial said: »
*jumps in on the alpha lupi arguement*

I have obtained 2 of these from engrams, trashed them both. I been using The Armemtarium (can hold an extra grenade, extra special ammo, extra heavy ammo) on my defender to outstanding success. With my grenade regen at 100% and able to charge up to two grenades, i am rarely without a grenade when i need one. Also being able to carry 7 rockets i just simply nice. I have yet to see a exotic body for titan that i would rather use over it.

As for when i have to go striker, I bust out my helm of inmost light. two extra abilities along with the other buffs are actually very useful. It makes me far more mobile on fists of havok and able to invest in other abilities. Not to mention i might have saved myself on the raid chasm jump a few times using my super with striker set.

But yeah, i have played with others who use the armors that speed up revival. It seems extremely niche. most the time, the extra orbs they generate are wasted on me since i build my super really fast anyways (i defender most the item) and rarely has that 1 second revive been a deciding factor.

just my 2 cents

My thoughts exactly pretty much, it just isn't worth using over double grenade body etc.

And for Hunter, it's almost completely worthless because of camo anyways.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2014-10-19 14:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Alpha Lupi is only mildly useful in Skirmish or in Nightfall if you hit some sort of really bad ***moment and your Warlock buddy is having to raise both people.

A second grenade really just adds too much. Stick two people in a row in PVP or block two entry ways. Used correctly, grenades are one of the most effective weapons in the game. Especially in big team things like Control or Clash. Also useful in Rumble and Skirmish. Throw a lightning grenade on top of the corpse of an enemy as they go to raise him, back off and mow them both down if he was stupid enough to raise through it.

Also definitely better in PVE. Got a weak center in the part prior to Templar? Chuck your extra grenade on their mobs. Got a weak duo defending the gate during conflux/gate defense before Atheon? Chuck your extra grenade on their Praetorian. More Rockets for Gjallarhorn, {Yes, Please.}

My one complaint is that it doesn't boost the ammo carried for Heavy Machine guns really at all. ;_;

Oh but, if they ever give us something like glamours, doubtful I know, plus they need to focus on other ***... like idk, good game development, I would glamour the ***out of Alpha Lupi. It looks cool as ***. Plus its flavour text is the bomb.
By volkom 2014-10-20 10:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2014-10-20 18:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

TURBO BOOST KITT!
By Aikawa 2014-10-20 21:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! Got Pocket and working on the 200 kills now. Its not tough, more annoying than anything, especially with juggler.

It is easy if have Ice Breaker, use all your ammo with the fusion rifle, switch to Ice Breaker, wait 24 secs, switch back to your fusion rifle, and enjoy 16 ammo for free
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2014-10-20 22:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I got it done in one night. Did nightfall for a friend got 58 fusion kills. Tried to get another group to run it but I got impatient and soloed it. It was actually pretty funny, I got to 199 kills and I got murdered lol.

Overall since I hit 30 I've lost the will to play. Not much else to the game when the raid grind is done. I could level up the other two exotics I have for warlock but meh, back to the lab in USF4 I guess.
 Asura.Triffle
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-10-20 23:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I got it done in one night. Did nightfall for a friend got 58 fusion kills. Tried to get another group to run it but I got impatient and soloed it. It was actually pretty funny, I got to 199 kills and I got murdered lol.

Overall since I hit 30 I've lost the will to play. Not much else to the game when the raid grind is done. I could level up the other two exotics I have for warlock but meh, back to the lab in USF4 I guess.

Did you hit 30 on the other two classes?
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 35 36 37