Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Nato agrees to go after Isis
Nato agrees to go after Isis
 Lakshmi.Deces
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2014-09-08 16:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Russia is making money hand over fists off this arab spring, but at some point I think Russia will have to get involved. According to many interpretations that would be biblical.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-08 16:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Assad offered the west cooperation in regards of IS (2 weeks ago or so), but every government I heard a statement from was declining that quickly.
What is your opinion on that?
Shouldn't they have taken more time to considerate it? Without influence in Syrian territory IS will not be stopped as it will serve as refugium and constant income source for them. Or was it right to quickly shoot down the offer because of the morale implications?
The U.S. has to save face and decline. Especially since it's been publicly known they financed the terrorism in Syria to attempt to overthrow the Assad regime thus escalating this situation in the first place.

Posted this in the Iraq thread the other day.

Quote:
Islamic State fighters appear to be using captured US military issue arms and weapons supplied to moderate rebels in Syria by Saudi Arabia, according to a report published on Monday.

The study by the London-based small-arms research organisation Conflict Armament Research documented weapons seized by Kurdish forces from militants in Iraq and Syria over a 10-day period in July.

The report said the jihadists disposed of "significant quantities" of US-made small arms including M16 assault rifles and included photos showing the markings "Property of US Govt".

It also found that anti-tank rockets used by IS in Syria were "identical to M79 rockets transferred by Saudi Arabia to forces operating under the Free Syrian Army umbrella in 2013".

The rockets were made in the then Yugoslavia in the 1980s.

Islamic State is believed to have seized large quantities of weapons from Syrian military installations it has captured, as well as arms supplied by the United States to the Iraqi army after it swept through northern Iraq in recent weeks.
Islamic State fighters using US arms: study
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-08 16:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

U.S. Largest exporter of weapons.

People using U.S. Weapons = News!

Forgive me if I don't follow the logic.

Lakshmi.Deces said: »
Russia is making money had over fists off this arab spring, but at some point I think Russia will have to get involved. According to many interpretations that would be biblical.

I'd love to see that.

For two long America has been the dog getting it's nose stuck by the porcupine that is the Middle East. It'd be nice to see another ::ahem:: 'superpower' get a serving of humble pie.
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2014-09-08 16:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

M-16s are over rated, I hope they each get one and that is all they get ammo for.
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2014-09-08 16:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

Yeah, meanwhile our government wants to disarm it's citizens.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-08 16:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? You can't follow that logic?

If you wanted to exert more control over the citizens, and said citizens had more guns than people in circulation, what would you do?
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2014-09-08 16:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? You can't follow that logic?

If you wanted to exert more control over the citizens, and said citizens had more guns than people in circulation, what would you do?
I was drawing parody for others. I see it all too well.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-08 16:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

More U.S. weapons are sold because they break easily.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-08 16:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

all of mine are russian made. I agree with the commie on this one.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-08 16:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

all of mine are russian made. I agree with the commie on this one.

Putting the Mosin in Mosin-Nagant?

Now that's a rifle.

About the only American Gun I think is truly amazing is the M1911. Thing is a monster man-stopper in CQC but the massive .45 has like 0 effective range.

Ironic that I love that gun, given my stance on Mormonism.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2014-09-08 16:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I just bought a SKS-D, Russian inspired, but modernized. I will be looking for the Yugo grenade launching parts now, I have a blast launching dummies off the M1A.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-08 16:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
Who the *** is iris and wtf is a nato??

:>

Closeted lameness that begets awesomeness?

Or flowers, if you're in a particularly dainty mood?

EDIT: Or this mofo? I think there was a book about him...

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-08 16:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Putting the Mosin in Mosin-Nagant?

Now that's a rifle.

*** right!

About the only American Gun I think is truly amazing is the M1911. Thing is a monster man-stopper in CQC but the massive .45 has like 0 effective range.

with you 100%, I only bought the CZ 9mm because 9mm ammo is soooooooo much cheaper, & wtf is the point of having a weapon if you're not going to be accurate with it? pistols take a ton of practice.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-08 16:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The U.S. fighting alongside Syria and Iran, that will be the day.
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2014-09-08 16:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The U.S. fighting alongside Syria and Iran, that will be the day.
israel will never allow that to happen.
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2014-09-08 19:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy would get decapitated for his lifestyle by the guys he oh so loves. http://www.businessweek.com/videos/2014-09-08/conflict-in-syria-and-iraq-charlie-rose-09-08
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-09 04:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well those airstrike worked out well...
Iraq's Shi'ite militia, Kurds use U.S. air strikes to further own agendas
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-19 06:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As war in Syria and Iraq attracts a growing number of Muslim extremists from Europe, intelligence officials in Germany believe a former gangsta rapper has joined the inner circle of Islamists fighting there.

Denis Cuspert was once a modestly successful member of Germany's hip-hop scene going by the stage name Deso Dogg. Now he calls himself Abu Talha the German and is a top propagandist for the so-called Islamic State (IS) caliphate, which is blamed for several wartime atrocities.

His ascent into the upper IS ranks is raising concerns that such "homegrown" Islamists could embolden Muslim extremists in Germany or that they might one day return themselves to target the country for terrorism.

"Cuspert won't come back since there's an arrest warrant waiting for him," Elke Altmüller, a spokeswoman for Germany's Verfassungsschutz domestic intelligence agency, told Yahoo News. "But there's a danger he could incite others."

And as the cross-border conflict in Syria and Iraq continues to rage, it is luring hundreds of would-be jihadis from Europe, including radicalized converts like the ex-rapper. Although the German authorities have said they see no indications an attack is imminent, they are attempting to track fighters returning from the war zone.

Currently, there are an estimated 400 Muslim extremists from Germany in Syria, either directly engaging in fighting or otherwise supporting the Islamists. Altmüller said roughly 10 percent of them were German converts to Islam. According to intelligence reports, some 40 have been killed in the conflict.
From gangsta rapper to Islamist militant
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-19 07:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As war in Syria and Iraq attracts a growing number of Muslim extremists from Europe, intelligence officials in Germany believe a former gangsta rapper has joined the inner circle of Islamists fighting there.

Denis Cuspert was once a modestly successful member of Germany's hip-hop scene going by the stage name Deso Dogg. Now he calls himself Abu Talha the German and is a top propagandist for the so-called Islamic State (IS) caliphate, which is blamed for several wartime atrocities.

His ascent into the upper IS ranks is raising concerns that such "homegrown" Islamists could embolden Muslim extremists in Germany or that they might one day return themselves to target the country for terrorism.

"Cuspert won't come back since there's an arrest warrant waiting for him," Elke Altmüller, a spokeswoman for Germany's Verfassungsschutz domestic intelligence agency, told Yahoo News. "But there's a danger he could incite others."

And as the cross-border conflict in Syria and Iraq continues to rage, it is luring hundreds of would-be jihadis from Europe, including radicalized converts like the ex-rapper. Although the German authorities have said they see no indications an attack is imminent, they are attempting to track fighters returning from the war zone.

Currently, there are an estimated 400 Muslim extremists from Germany in Syria, either directly engaging in fighting or otherwise supporting the Islamists. Altmüller said roughly 10 percent of them were German converts to Islam. According to intelligence reports, some 40 have been killed in the conflict.

So not much has changed for him.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-19 07:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:

So not much has changed for him.
Quote:
Born to a German mother and Ghanaian father, Cuspert grew up in a gritty Berlin neighborhood and got involved in petty crime and gangs while aspiring to become a rap star. He enjoyed some success, even touring in Germany with U.S. rapper DMX. His lyrics in his song "Who's Afraid of the Black Man" document his early disillusionment and violent tendencies:

Doing time in my skin like Tookie Williams in San Quentin/
No identity, where will this end?
In a white world full of hate and illusion/
The last option was only violence and emotion.

But he never managed to make it big rapping, and after a car accident he started to look to radical Islam for direction in life. Over the past four years, he abandoned his music career to become an Islamist poster boy in the German-speaking world, posting videos that encourage Muslims to join the caliphate's holy war.

Didn't make it as a rapper so after a car crash he turned to radical Islam.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-19 08:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't think he's any different from anyone else.

Sadly, religious fundamentalism seems to be the primary source of direction that confused young men find in some parts of the world. Including the U.S.

Again, it's not really any different from anywhere else in the world, it just so happens that this particular group of religious radicals has leaders with small ***, or something (I assume). Because they've got to compensate for something by being complete and utter *** *** to everyone else in the free world.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-19 08:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Quote:
while noting that many won't be willing to engage in military strikes, he said they can instead provide intelligence, equipment, ammunition or weapons.
I like how Italy's in the team and won't be doing ***. Cause we won't send troups, but at the same time we got *** all resources to offer to our allies. So what is our contribution exactly? lol, moral?
Use of your airspace and military bases.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-19 08:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Quote:
while noting that many won't be willing to engage in military strikes, he said they can instead provide intelligence, equipment, ammunition or weapons.
I like how Italy's in the team and won't be doing ***. Cause we won't send troups, but at the same time we got *** all resources to offer to our allies. So what is our contribution exactly? lol, moral?
Use of your airspace and military bases.

Quality mess hall cooks.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 08:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The arab nations should take up the brunt of the effort on the ground - take some responsibility for the mess they have contributed to by throwing money at everything. I don't just blame the US.

Maybe if the rich arab nations actually thought things out, and next time actually sit down at a table and talk things out, they won't have a repeat of this ***.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-19 08:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

And while they're at it, stop funding these radicalized groups in the first place? For all the revenue ISIS is making on its own via oil/electricity it's still getting a steady stream of doomsday money from well to do Islamists safely nestled in the Arab world.

The US is at fault for trying to arm 'moderates' (lulz) who end up handing all their ***to IS as a corpse or otherwise but funding for this Sunni militant groups coming from Sunnis in safe havens. Cut the money spigots already.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 08:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
And while they're at it, stop funding these radicalized groups in the first place? For all the revenue ISIS is making on its own via oil/electricity it's still getting a steady stream of doomsday money from well to do Islamists safely nestled in the Arab world.

The US is at fault for trying to arm 'moderates' (lulz) who end up handing all their ***to IS as a corpse or otherwise but funding for this Sunni militant groups coming from Sunnis in safe havens. Cut the money spigots already.

Agreed, 100%!.
But I would just like to add that the motivation came before the funding. The motivation stems from the desire to retaliate against an oppressive Shiaa regime that persecuted Sunnis.

There was a problem and the approach to solving it was primitive at best.

Rich Arab nations provided the funds (because they are sunni and sympathize with the oppressed sunni's in iraq) and the US allowed those funds to be traded for Arms.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-19 08:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 08:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

International Slum investment Society