Gov. Rick Perry Indicted On Felony Charges

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 34 35 36
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 14:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be honest.

People of all colors can be ***.

Genders too!
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-21 14:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
volkom said: »
my grandfather use to tell me some racial slurred jokes when I was growing up. He worked with blacks/asians in every job he had after WWII. He had drinks and smoked with them.
these days people take offense to things way too seriously and words today are too sensationalized
yeah because people should be happy about jokes directed at their race?
Jokes can just be jokes but do we really need to be funny by cutting someone else down?

There's a difference in saying something in attempt to cause to laughter vs intentionally trying to undermine someone and hurt a person's feeling. If you look at Chris Rock, Azis Ansari, Dave Chappelle ~ they all make racial slurred jokes but they're intended to be funny.

I'm not denying that racism is alive and well throughout the US, but seriously if you go overseas racism is far worse. Its pretty mellow here. Problem is we keep bringing it up constantly in news, media, movies, classrooms etc...

This basically sums it all up

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 14:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
It's not limited to white trash junkies as the offenders and only blacks on the reciving end.

I don't discredit the notion that there will always be somewhat racist people and a small degree of racism. Do you really think there will ever be a time where there is ZERO personal racism among people? Do you think we're so far away from that at this point that focusing so much attention on it is productive. I mean so what if joe blow hates them n*****s? Just ignore him and go about your business.

It does run both ways, I agree with you on that and if it's bad for white people to have the wrong inflection when they talk about black people then it wrong the other way too. To treat it differently on one side of the street vs the other IS ALSO RACISM.

Yes. It is.

I don't think anyone here is on the slavery reparations bandwagon? If I'm wrong I'm sorry for not realizing it. Those folks are wrong too.

Quote:
You floor me sometimes. You feel entirely justified in inferring racism in situations where you cannot otherwise entirely quantify it. You do realize that's prejudice right?

I'm getting the feeling you've arrived at the point where you're using the time-honored debate technique of spouting faux-outrage because you're wrong and don't want to admit it.

Where am I inferring racism where it isn't? If someone says to me "Those *** negroes need to (blank) or (are causing blank)", that's racist.

It's that simple.

Though let me say, it's so very...Nausi to stick up for someone - lower class drug users whom he'd otherwise detest and spit upon - just to try to discredit racism as a thing that's still happening.

If someone says "Black people are a plauge on society.", that's pretty much racist. However, if someone says "those black gang bangers are ruining downtown". That's not really directed at all black people or at all gang bangers. It's certainly is racial but I don't think you can easily conclude and call that person a racist.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 14:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

my grandfather use to tell me some racial slurred jokes when I was growing up. He worked with blacks/asians in every job he had after WWII. He had drinks and smoked with them.
these days people take offense to things way too seriously and words today are too sensationalized
Jokes can just be jokes but do we really need to be funny by cutting someone else down?

There's a difference in saying something in attempt to cause to laughter vs intentionally trying to undermine someone and hurt a person's feeling. If you look at Chris Rock, Azis Ansari, Dave Chappelle ~ they all make racial slurred jokes but they're intended to be funny.

I'm not denying that racism is alive and well throughout the US, but seriously if you go overseas racism is far worse. Its pretty mellow here. Problem is we keep bringing it up constantly in news, media, movies, classrooms etc...

I've tried making this point and people get very, very upset with it.

I think part of the problem is that it's so easy for racists to flip this one on you; if you call them on being racist, they just say, "well you're the one who keeps bringing it up", because to them they can justify their actions as something other than racist, but when you verbally make them defend their act, they're at a loss and revert to blaming everyone else.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-21 14:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Your argument is that we have racism lite here?

Edit: Oh yeah we should never bring up that we have problems because ya know we would have to deal with it then. You ever wonder why it's brought up so often?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-21 15:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

comedy kind of gets a free pass.

*they made me regret this comment*
By volkom 2014-08-21 15:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

please tell me how racism in the US is worse than that of india?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-21 15:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

Like everything, context matters. I'm sure you don't have much trouble telling when someone is joking and when they're being hurtful.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 15:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

what racial slurred jokes did your grandfather use to tell?

He told me a joke that went something like (and I will substitute PC terms):

An African American and a lawyer are sitting next to each other in a courthouse. The judge comes out and after a lengthy monologue sentences the African American to 20 years in prison. The African American turns to his lawyer in shock and says.
"What is this? I thought you told me I was going to Cancun."
The lawyer turns to the African American and says.
"No I told you you were going to the can, (insert racoon related slang term for an African American here)!"

I did laugh, the play on words is kinda clever. That doesn't make me racist.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-21 15:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right it does not make you racist to laugh at a joke. Just like you choose enjoyed the joke it doesn't really stop someone else from getting upset by it. Two people two different reactions...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-21 15:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

please tell me how racism in the US is worse than that of india?
So your argument is still... well it's worse there so we're ok?

Honestly I have no idea about racism in India. I'd be surprised if you did.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-21 15:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Except, unless you are black, it does make you racist.

So said Al Sharpton.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 15:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Like everything, context matters. I'm sure you don't have much trouble telling when someone is joking and when they're being hurtful.

Nono. You're "inferring racism in situations where you cannot otherwise entirely quantify it", and that's prejudice.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 15:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right it does not make you racist to laugh at a joke. Just like you choose enjoyed the joke it doesn't really stop someone else from getting upset by it. Two people two different reactions...
You're absolutely right, you can choose to be so insecure that you let a joke get you pretty upset. If you do, I will judge you to be a baby.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-21 15:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nono. You're "inferring racism in situations where you cannot otherwise entirely quantify it", and that's prejudice.

So, everyone who isn't clairvoyant can't point out racism... got it. :)
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 15:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you guys have to put it in a conversation, you're the ones obsessed with racism.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-21 15:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you guys have to put it in a conversation, you're the ones obsessed with racism.

We don't, we're making fun of you.
By fonewear 2014-08-21 15:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm obsessed with being offended isn't that sorta like racism ?
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-21 15:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

An African American and a lawyer are sitting next to each other in a courthouse. The judge comes out and after a lengthy monologue sentences the African American to 20 years in prison. The African American turns to his lawyer in shock and says.
"No I told you you were going to the can, (insert racoon related slang term for an African American here)!"

the one I remember best is:
"I think black people are great. Everyone should have one"

but he would insert it into a story of some kind and he would end it with that.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-21 15:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

the one I remember best is:
"I think black people are great. Everyone should have one"

but he would insert it into a story of some kind and he would end it with that.

I think we're drifting onto shakey ground. It's probably best to share racial jokes in PM's.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-21 15:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You're absolutely right, you can choose to be so insecure that you let a joke get you pretty upset. If you do, I will judge you to be a baby.
And someone will judge you to be an insensitive *** or however they want to see it... you beginning to see how this works?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 15:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

And someone will judge you to be an insensitive *** or however they want to see it... you beginning to see how thisworks?
...and I will not care what they say, cause they're just words. So I will walk on without being bothered and the other person will.

See how that works?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-21 15:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

And someone will judge you to be an insensitive *** or however they want to see it... you beginning to see how thisworks?
...and I will not care what they say, cause they're just words. So I will walk on without being bothered and the other person will.

See how that works?
But, your feels! They don't hurt! Flavin won't be satisfied until he makes your feels hurt!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-21 15:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

See how that works?
The point that you missed in your infinite retardation is that people will see things how they see them regardless of how they actually are. just because you see things a certain way doesn't make it so for the rest of the world. Just because you think someone is a baby cuz they can't take what you consider to be a joke doesn't make it so to anyone else but yourself.

Edit: and just so you don't miss it again... yes just because someone might think your racist doesn't make it so.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-21 15:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

See how that works?
But, your feels! They don't hurt! Flavin won't be satisfied until he makes your feels hurt!
What's up Fone.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-21 15:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Flavin, I forgot sarcasm tags again.

Do you need help detecting sarcasm again? Want me to hold your hand and show you what sarcastic in my last post?
By volkom 2014-08-21 15:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

reminds me of league of legends.
report everyone for everything and anything~!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-21 16:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Sorry Flavin, I forgot sarcasm tags again.

Do you need help detecting sarcasm again? Want me to hold your hand and show you what sarcastic in my last post?
Need a tissue?
By volkom 2014-08-21 16:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

poor niger needs help

By fonewear 2014-08-21 17:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I had feelings once but alcohol ruined that.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 34 35 36