California Debates 'yes Means Yes' Sex Assault Law

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 35 36 37
By fonewear 2014-10-01 17:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rape has never tasted so good !

[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-01 17:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

We could just sit here and make Domino's rape jokes but I have other things to do today...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-01 17:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
We could just sit here and make Domino's rape jokes but I have other things to do today...
Lies!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-01 17:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

How many slices of pizza does it take to get to a center of a rape joke !

We don't know cause it never gets reported !
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-01 17:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

As a feminist I only make rape jokes to raise awareness.

The greater good...the greater good...

As a feminist I have zero sense of humor I take everything literally.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-01 17:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

spinach and feta sounds good right now
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2014-10-01 17:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

the goddamn patriarchy again!!!!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 17:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The girl in that avatar could probably match the output of a dairy cow once some chauvinistic oppressor rapes a baby into her
[+]
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 17:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Bloodrose said: »

You don't actually need that intent to rape someone. Raping is the action of having sex with someone without consent.
Rape is the intent, and action of having sex without consent (or violating someone through physical sexual assault). If there is no intent to have sex without consent, then it becomes a matter of not having sex, or a matter of consensual sex. Neither of which are rape.

Moron say what oh look a direct response to an idiot directly to an idiotic statement.

Thanks for basically proving my point there.
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 17:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
.....do not quote book definitions at me.

Please. That insults my intelligence, and the intelligences of others, when you know damned well I was referring to intent, not dictionary definition.

The intent is to have sex. The action is to have sex. The crime is that it's not consensual.
You idiot.

The intent is to display power, force, and desire to instill fear and violate someone physically through physical force. The action used to violate someone physically happens to be through sexual intercourse.

Try talking to sex abuse counselors police, and other experts, who deal with the victims and the rapists.

You don't actually need that intent to rape someone. Raping is the action of having sex with someone without consent.
Rape is the intent, and action of having sex without consent (or violating someone through physical sexual assault). If there is no intent to have sex without consent, then it becomes a matter of not having sex, or a matter of consensual sex. Neither of which are rape.

Don't fckin speak rubbish as if you make sense to a person who knows.

Rape is a crime, regardless of intent.

IE see statutory Rape

Rape is a non consentual sexual act.

Regardless of Knowledge, intent, assumptions, and in some cases (Minors) even with consent.

Enough of this couch lawyering nonsense.

Also people can always choose to die, many don't, I likely would not.

Children would fall in the 99% culpability area. Infants can't even think as a human being and are thus no way possible of any culpability, nor are animals (Maybe smart *** military dolphins).

Culpability is not the same as being at fault it is a balancing test. Thus the more culpable party is usually held to pay the cost/ consequence.

For the morons:
If a really smart baby capable of thought and action failed to act, then yes they would be culpable, cus you know some one will be a smart ***.
No ***, retard. No one was contesting that rape is still a crime. What I was explaining to Shiroi, is exactly what you said, and that it's classified as a violent crime for a reason.

Statutory rape, while still rape, technically falls under a different subset of laws on the matter.

though, for someone who "knows", you sure display a lot of "armchair lawyer" knowledge, without any actual knowledge on the issue at hand.

Additionally, you went beyond full retard with half of your reply.

Then again, as someone who supposedly knows, you should know that minors of a certain age based on the various state and federal laws, can't give a well informed legal consent, which is what classifies as statutory rape.

The differences between rape, and statutory rape are astounding, but that fact you tried, and failed, to link them as the same thing, to make a point that flew over even your own head, is almost mind boggling.

Almost.

Contradiction, reference to see it next to each other.
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2014-10-01 17:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

while so many people enjoy continually discuss about Rape let's discuss the propabilities that a lot of young guys will get falsely accused? i say about 100 young men in the last quarter of 2014. And by that, i mean those cases where it comes out they were falsely accused.

this just in the patriarchy gets smashed once more by victorious feminists:
Quote:
New law just passed in Belgium: Hurting women's feelings can give you up to 1000 euros fine and/or up to a year in jail.

Ex-minister of "Equal Opportunity", Joëlle Milquet (a Belgian politician from the Humanist Democratic Centre) just quickly pushed this new law through. Because no one really knew what was punishable (meaning it's very vaguely worded) they made up some quick guidelines. Breaking this law can give you a 1000 euro's fine, and up to a year in JAIL.

You are no longer allowed to:

Make derogatory remarks about the work performance of WOMEN
Post derogatory pictures of texts on the internet
Stigmatize WOMEN or stereotype them
Reduce WOMEN on the street to an object of lust (whatever the hell that means)
Make remarks like "what a sissy"
belgian source
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 17:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Those don't get reported as no villain for the news to devour
By fonewear 2014-10-01 17:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought page 23 was rape jokes my bad.
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 17:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said: »
while so many people enjoy continually discuss about Rape let's discuss the propabilities that a lot of young guys will get falsely accused? i say about 100 young men in the last quarter of 2014. And by that, i mean those cases where it comes out they were falsely accused.

Quote:
New law just passed in Belgium: Hurting women's feelings can give you up to 1000 euros fine and/or up to a year in jail.

Ex-minister of "Equal Opportunity", Joëlle Milquet (a Belgian politician from the Humanist Democratic Centre) just quickly pushed this new law through. Because no one really knew what was punishable (meaning it's very vaguely worded) they made up some quick guidelines. Breaking this law can give you a 1000 euro's fine, and up to a year in JAIL.

belgian source
reducing women on the street to objects of lust would be using catcalls, and other remarks that make women appear to be nothing more than objects to satisfy the sexual cravings of men.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 17:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I thought page 23 was rape jokes my bad.
You were not in the wrong, proceed proceed
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2014-10-01 17:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

reducing women on the street to objects of lust would be using catcalls, and other remarks that make women appear to be nothing more than objects to satisfy the sexual cravings of men.
so for catcalling you can go to prison. Maybe "reducing to an object of lust" can also mean looking at a woman a little longer. Maybe even just by passing by her. Do you get why i said "what the hell that means" if it is not specifically stated what the "reducing" is then it's ***.

and oh, i can't wait for more articles from "independant" women to come up "why won't guys talk to us anymore?" because they heard what you said, they saw you made it illegal, why would anyone in their right mind do that?

but let's go one step further: if we are so equal why not make it for women illegal to catcall men as well? Even when they're drunk. Doesn't matter "reducing is reducing" so by that account where is the punishment for loudmouthed *** for behaving this way?
This ***makes me sick. Passive guys letting women do the most idiotic ***without saying anything.
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 17:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

so for catcalling you can go to prison. Maybe "reducing to an object of lust" can also mean looking at a woman a little longer. Maybe even just by passing by her. Do you get why i said "what the hell that means" if it is not specifically stated what the "reducing" is then it's ***.

and oh, i can't wait for more articles from "independant" women to come up "why won't guys talk to us anymore?" because they heard what you said, they saw you made it illegal, why would anyone in their right mind do that?

but let's go one step further: if we are so equal why not make it for women illegal to catcall men as well? Even when they're drunk. Doesn't matter "reducing is reducing" so by that account where is the punishment for loudmouthed *** for behaving this way?
This ***makes me sick. Passive guys letting women do the most idiotic ***without saying anything.
Yeah, that clears up the point a bit
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-01 17:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

belgian source
The most worrying one is the first: Make derogatory comments about the work performance of a woman.

So if a woman does shitty work you can't tell her because she is a woman.

Wow.

Does that mean they can no longer be fired for low performance at any job?

Good luck with that Belgium.
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 17:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that clears up the point a bit

Got to keep it PC otherwise people get offended that an implied right, equality, might ever take the back seat to free speech.

There is no mention of equality in the Constitution, hint: the framers gave less than a ***about women, other races, the disabled, or the poor.

But sheep will be sheep and keep thinking the wolf is there to protect them from the Lions.

Edit, i see its in Belgium, but thats only a stones throw from being in Cali.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-01 17:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Belgium is losing it...
[+]
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 18:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Belgium has lost it...

Fixed
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-01 18:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That will be a law here soon enough becoming Canadian gets more tempting every year
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 18:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They lost what little they had left to lose, and still manage to dig that hole even deeper, like it's "Challenge Accepted"
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 18:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
That will be a law here soon enough becoming Canadian gets more tempting every year

Nah need to get PR to succeed and go live there, I like the cold but fck Canada. Lol
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 18:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »

Nah need to get PR to succeed and go live there, I like the cold but fck Canada. Lol
Guess that makes us... polar opposites?

I like Canada, but *** the cold.

Corny joke is corny and I know it.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-01 18:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of "feminists" seem to miss the point of equality, this is true. Men and women both like to tote the idea of equality, but what they're often toting is a superior status. Any real feminist or pro-equality mantra is true equality. Women should have access to the same payscale for the same job, that doesn't mean every woman should make as much as every male counterpart, it means that they should be paid based on their qualifications and work performance, regardless of gender. Women should be subject to the same punishments as men for the same crimes. Women should be held to the same standards of courtesy, etc. You can't have a conversation about gender specific issues if you aren't assuming true standards of equality.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 18:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Modern day feminists seem to tout what I have dubbed the "Animal Farm Feminism".

All people are born equal, but some are more equal than others kind of crap.
[+]
By Nazrious 2014-10-01 18:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
A lot of "feminists" seem to miss the point of equality, this is true. Men and women both like to tote the idea of equality, but what they're often toting is a superior status. Any real feminist or pro-equality mantra is true equality. Women should have access to the same payscale for the same job, that doesn't mean every woman should make as much as every male counterpart, it means that they should be paid based on their qualifications and work performance, regardless of gender. Women should be subject to the same punishments as men for the same crimes. Women should be held to the same standards of courtesy, etc. You can't have a conversation about gender specific issues if you aren't assuming true standards of equality.

Problem is you can. Its painful and annoying and makes little sense, like most of the pro feminists statements out there.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-01 19:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Women should be subject to the same punishments as men for the same crimes.

Are you trying to say woman commit crimes?!

Typical chauvinist pig! (sarcasm)
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-01 19:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem is you can. Its painful and annoying and makes little sense, like most of the pro feminists statements out there.

It would be no more productive than having a discussion about aerospace engineering with a baboon, if you're not speaking the same language, you're not having a discussion. Congress is a good example of this concept.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 35 36 37