Ebola Patient Coming To U.S.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 42 43 44
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-08-06 12:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
So how'd those old nuns get it...exchanging bodily fluids indeed...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-06 12:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nine Pages!!!!!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-06 12:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
So how'd those old nuns get it...exchanging bodily fluids indeed...

I SAID THAT REALISTIC SCENARIOS ARE NOT APPRECIATED HERE.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-06 12:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Well, Ramyrez, there are good nuns and then there are naughty nuns...

But in all seriousness, they probably got it from caring for the infected without having access to the proper protective gear.
Nuns gone wild!
 Asura.Tymoris
user: Tymoris
By Asura.Tymoris 2014-08-06 12:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yi boh lai beng duk
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-06 12:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tymoris said: »

Sounds *** awful.

Maybe literally.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 23:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A Texas hospital said on Monday it has admitted a patient into "strict isolation" to be evaluated for possible infection with the Ebola virus, as health officials battle an epidemic in West Africa that has already killed thousands of people.

In a brief statement, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas cited the unnamed patient's symptoms and recent travel history as reasons for the isolation.

The 898-bed acute-care hospital "is following all federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Texas Department of Heath recommendations to ensure the safety of patients, hospital staff, volunteers, physicians and visitors," it said.

The hospital said the CDC anticipated preliminary results of tests on the patient to be ready on Tuesday.

U.S. lawmakers this month called for a government-funded "war" to contain the epidemic before it threatens more nations, building on an American pledge to send 3,000 military engineers and medical personnel to combat the virus.

On Saturday, the U.S. National Institutes of Health said it would admit to one of its special observation wards in Bethesda, Maryland, an American physician exposed to the Ebola virus while volunteering in Sierra Leone.

Emory University Hospital in Atlanta this month admitted an American doctor infected with the virus for treatment in the same isolation unit where U.S. missionaries Nancy Writebol and Dr. Kent Brantly were treated before being discharged in August.
Texas hospital puts possible Ebola patient in isolation
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-30 16:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
A Texas hospital said on Monday it has admitted a patient into "strict isolation" to be evaluated for possible infection with the Ebola virus, as health officials battle an epidemic in West Africa that has already killed thousands of people.

In a brief statement, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas cited the unnamed patient's symptoms and recent travel history as reasons for the isolation.

The 898-bed acute-care hospital "is following all federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Texas Department of Heath recommendations to ensure the safety of patients, hospital staff, volunteers, physicians and visitors," it said.

The hospital said the CDC anticipated preliminary results of tests on the patient to be ready on Tuesday.

U.S. lawmakers this month called for a government-funded "war" to contain the epidemic before it threatens more nations, building on an American pledge to send 3,000 military engineers and medical personnel to combat the virus.

On Saturday, the U.S. National Institutes of Health said it would admit to one of its special observation wards in Bethesda, Maryland, an American physician exposed to the Ebola virus while volunteering in Sierra Leone.

Emory University Hospital in Atlanta this month admitted an American doctor infected with the virus for treatment in the same isolation unit where U.S. missionaries Nancy Writebol and Dr. Kent Brantly were treated before being discharged in August.
Texas hospital puts possible Ebola patient in isolation
Confirmed first case in the U.S.
Good job Texas!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 16:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's in Dallas, so I'm not really worried.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-09-30 16:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Can spread like wildfire.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-30 16:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not what I wanted to see after you passed me metaphorical Midol, Chaos. :/
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-30 16:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
That's not what I wanted to see after you passed me metaphorical Midol, Chaos. :/
At least you won't need the ex-lax now :D
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 17:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »

Can spread like wildfire.
I'm sure that makes some posters here happy.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-30 17:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So apparently this person just got a normal flight back the U.S. with no precautions. Sitting next to people, etc.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-30 17:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

WOOO!!! Shitsplosions! Don't forget to share the shittiness! Have a shitty evening, everyone! :D
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-30 17:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

WOOO!!! Shitsplosions! Don't forget to share the shittiness! Have a shitty evening, everyone! :D
Don't forget to wipe afterwards.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 17:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So apparently this person just got a normal flight back the U.S. with no precautions. Sitting next to people, etc.
Sweet! Let's have a very contagious and deadly disease in a cramped compartment with other healthy people for hours on end and let them disperse.

Aliens will never have to destroy us, our own stupidity will do the job for them!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-30 17:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet! Let's have a very contagious and deadly disease in a cramped compartment with other healthy people for hours on end and let them disperse.

Aliens will never have to destroy us, our own stupidity will do the job for them!
Does it help they were a healthcare worker too?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-09-30 17:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget to wipe afterwards.

Use girlboy to wipe, not me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-09-30 17:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Confirmed first case in the U.S.
Good job Texas!

It's George W. Bush's fault. It's always his fault!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 17:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it help they were a healthcare worker too?
Even BETTER!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-30 17:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well here's some comforting data:

Quote:
Almost 3,000 West Africans have died from the current outbreak of Ebola virus, and on Tuesday, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that by January between 550,000 and 1.4 million people could be infected if nothing is done.

But the outbreak, which began in Guinea in March before spreading to Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Senegal, is only part of the terrifying picture. Last week, fear of Ebola caused locals to kill eight members of an Ebola education team, sick people are avoiding clinics, and the World Health Organization says that 208 of the 373 infected healthcare workers in the region have died from the virus.

As a result, ”the health services of West Africa have to a very large degree broken down,” according to Jeremy Farrar, director of the Wellcome Trust international health charity.

Experts predict a quadrupling in deaths caused by malaria, next year, and the collapse of immunization programs means that children are at a higher risk of diphtheria, polio and tuberculosis. Not to mention the impact to things like childbirth, diabetes and mental health.

So it’s a race against time. According to WHO director of strategy Dr. Christopher Dye, “If control efforts are only partly successful, Ebola viral disease in the human population could become ‘a permanent feature of life in West Africa.’”

This Reuters interactive graphic shows the affected areas with up-to-date data on the number of cases and deaths; let’s hope the world community can staunch the flow before Ebola and the associated collateral damage become widespread humanitarian disasters.

Source

Now I can see why they sent 3,000 U.S. troops over there.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-30 18:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Should help reduce carbon emissions at least
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-09-30 18:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

... immediately thought that Obama actually liked the previous post for a second there.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-09-30 19:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well here's some comforting data:

Quote:
Almost 3,000 West Africans have died from the current outbreak of Ebola virus, and on Tuesday, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that by January between 550,000 and 1.4 million people could be infected if nothing is done.

But the outbreak, which began in Guinea in March before spreading to Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Senegal, is only part of the terrifying picture. Last week, fear of Ebola caused locals to kill eight members of an Ebola education team, sick people are avoiding clinics, and the World Health Organization says that 208 of the 373 infected healthcare workers in the region have died from the virus.

As a result, ”the health services of West Africa have to a very large degree broken down,” according to Jeremy Farrar, director of the Wellcome Trust international health charity.

Experts predict a quadrupling in deaths caused by malaria, next year, and the collapse of immunization programs means that children are at a higher risk of diphtheria, polio and tuberculosis. Not to mention the impact to things like childbirth, diabetes and mental health.

So it’s a race against time. According to WHO director of strategy Dr. Christopher Dye, “If control efforts are only partly successful, Ebola viral disease in the human population could become ‘a permanent feature of life in West Africa.’”

This Reuters interactive graphic shows the affected areas with up-to-date data on the number of cases and deaths; let’s hope the world community can staunch the flow before Ebola and the associated collateral damage become widespread humanitarian disasters.

Source

Now I can see why they sent 3,000 U.S. troops over there.
This is initially how HIV became so rampant in Africa as well...so it doesnt surprise me that yet again another virus spreads like wildfire there because as humans we make bad decisions.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-09-30 20:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
This is initially how HIV became so rampant in Africa as well...so it doesnt surprise me that yet again another virus spreads like wildfire there because as humans we make bad decisions.

Speaking of which there is some talk of using HIV meds today with Ebola.
By Enuyasha 2014-09-30 21:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Enuyasha said: »

Speaking of which there is some talk of using HIV meds today with Ebola.
Thats interesting!

Though, if Ebola becomes as widespread as they think it will, there will be a cure for Ebola as soon as it becomes a Pandemic before HIV gets a cure :|
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-09-30 21:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

***... That hospital is 19 miles from me.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-09-30 21:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
As long as people dont go like rubbing up against an infected person or share any bodily fluids theyll be fine.

The mass panic over Ebola is just stupid...but then again, there are stupid people and *** does happen.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-30 21:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

Thirty miles from my dad. I had to give him a call.

They sent specimens to Austin, and they won't release the name of the patient, which is probably good for his family's sake. September 19th though. That's a lot of time to be milling around DFW. :/
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 42 43 44