Ebola Patient Coming To U.S.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 42 43 44
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-01 15:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Because no life is better than <20? Wha???

Edit: You have 6 months to live! Pull the plug now doc... 6 months just isn't adding to my quality of life!
You're equating length of life to quality of life. This is something the medical community has really tried to get across, particularly to American families with the "death panel" mentality.

Living an extra few years while suffering pain due to a disease or developmental disorder is not quality-of-life. Ask the patient yourself.

I've always wondered if finding out about birth defects led to the abortion of children for their sake or for their parents sake?
Again it comes back to "quality of life." That's the big phrase that physician's are constantly asking themselves when treating patients. Is this going to improve their quality of life or simply extend their life for a few days.
How can you ask the patient yourself if you're ending the possibility of life in the first place via the abortion?

For those of us already living and breathing then yes you could ask them... and I'm sure some would choose to call it quits right then and for some it's not really even living and hey that's their choice... I know the last days my grandmother had on this earth (bone cancer) were not pleasant to say the least and many of them spent unconscious.

Other's might choose to hang on as long as possible regardless.

Quality of life is ultimately decided by the patient. You can prepare me or talk to me about how good or bad the prognosis is but as the person suffering from the disease it would ultimately be my choice...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-01 15:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Knowing you're incapable of caring for a child, or putting other family members first =/= not wanting to take care of it but realizing you're unable to. It's a logical deduction.
wait, what?

"incapable of caring for a child, or putting other family members first"

How about not getting pregnant in the first place? You know, keep your skirt/pants on? If you want to have sex, then deal with the kids afterwards...

"not wanting to take care of it (nice for you to consider children as objects btw), but realizing you're unable to."

How about having the kid put up for adoption? Or would you rather kill the kid for your own mistake?

Either option is better than killing the kid for your own mistake...

You're not killing a child. You're aborting a fetus.

You're not taking a three-year-old HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE child behind the woodshed and hitting him with a shovel, ffs.

Edit: And until birth, the fetus is an "it". Hell, until birth, it's a parasite.
It's legally defined as a life some time before birth lol...

but here you cross a line where you decide to end it not because you don't want a child or because it will impact your own health in a negative way but because you don't want a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE kid. That or you're just making the decision that if he/or she would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE their life isn't worth it in the first place. That would be too hard on them or you.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 15:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing you're incapable of caring for a child, or putting other family members first =/= not wanting to take care of it but realizing you're unable to. It's a logical deduction.
wait, what?

How about not getting pregnant in the first place? You know, keep your skirt/pants on? If you want to have sex, then deal with the kids afterwards...

"not wanting to take care of it (nice for you to consider children as objects btw), but realizing you're unable to."

How about having the kid put up for adoption? Or would you rather kill the kid for your own mistake?

You're not killing a child. You're aborting a fetus.

You're not taking a three-year-old HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE child behind the woodshed and hitting him with a shovel, ffs.

Edit: And until birth, the fetus is an "it". Hell, until birth, it's a parasite.
It's legally defined as a life some time before birth lol...

but here you cross a line where you decide to end it not because you don't want a child or because it will impact your own health in a negative way but because you don't want a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE kid. That or you're just making the decision that if he/or she would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE their life isn't worht it in the first place. That would be too ahrd on them or you.

I swear if you cut the constant "lol" out of your text I could take you like 20% more seriously from that alone. What are you, a 13 year old girl?

I repeat my question. What's the problem with the bolded part?

Even if you just limit it to the first two trimesters -- which I think is a reasonable timeframe for abortions -- it's just another form of birth control.

I wouldn't want to raise a special needs child and would not be opposed to abortion if it is a condition that is screenable in the womb. That's just...the truth. I'm sorry it offends you.

Edit: I editted the bold tags, I read things a bit askew the first time.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 15:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
unless of course you mourn every single ejaculation you've ever had that didn't impregnate a woman
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-01 15:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I do it just for you buddy! lol... This is like the ellipsis battle all over again... get over yourself.

Would you change your mind if you were told the baby was going to be gay and you didn't want a gay baby? A straight one? This one isn't going to reach past 5'4" you still want it?

The whole point is the callous attitude to procreation and whether it suits the wants of those having the kid...

I guess to those of you that don't agree that life starts before they take that first breath of fresh air it's not a big issue but to others that see it differently...

whether its just a pool of whatever and not considered a life yet it is well on it's way to becoming one and would without intervention... when you start defining the value of human life before it even takes that first breath where does it end?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-01 15:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

wait, what?

Typical punishment mentality, you may want to have that checked out, do you suffer from road rage as well?

"It" is easier than typing out he/she, get over it, and until a certain point in development it is the same as an object, one that's in a woman's body that she has the right to do with as she pleases.

The adoption myth again, please go on about how many children are already in an underfunded and underemployed sector, oh wait, unless they're unborn they "aren't your problem.'

It's not "killing a kid" it's aborting a fetus, a fetus isn't a child, it's not murder.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 15:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you change your mind if you were told the baby was going to be gay and you didn't want a gay baby? A straight one? This one isn't going to reach past 5'4" you still want it?

None of those factors equate to being a burden for the rest of my life.

The whole point is the callous attitude to procreation and whether it suits the wants of those having the kid...

I will restate: children should never be a punishment. Forcing someone to carry a child to term and raise it is unspeakably cruel to both the parent and child.

I guess to those of you that don't agree that life starts before they take that first breath of fresh air it's not a big issue but to others that see it differently...

If you see it differently, no one is requiring you to abort or use birth control, etc. Simply stating that you have no right to require them to adhere to your beliefs and mindset.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 15:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I do it just for you buddy! lol... This is like the ellipsis battle all over again... get over yourself.

whether its just a pool of whatever and not considered a life yet it is well on it's way to becoming one and would without intervention... when you start defining the value of human life before it even takes that first breath where does it end?

I'm almost certain the attitude stems from deep deep narcissism and self absorption. Some people cannot center life around anyone but themselves.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 15:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I will restate: children should never be a punishment. Forcing someone to carry a child to term and raise it is unspeakably cruel to both the parent and child.

It is certainly more cruel to abort the unborn because they fail to measure a certain level of convenience in ones life.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-08-01 15:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally, a person chose to do actions that lead to them being pregnant. Thats on them and they have to deal with the consequences. Abortion is not a form of birth control.

If you see it differently, no one is requiring you to abort or use birth control, etc. Simply stating that you have no right to require them to adhere to your beliefs and mindset.

Those against such things usually see it as a form of murder. Putting your mentality against murder on others is something ppl have done since damn near the beginning of humanity.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-01 15:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine it's much easier to label special-needs children, especially severely handicapped ones, as a mere inconvenience when you're not the one who has to care for them. The decision to have an abortion belongs to the parents and the reason is no one else's business. How is hoisting a royal *** of responsibility on someone who clearly does not want it or is not capable of such supposed to benefit either the parent or child?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-01 15:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

@Baconwrap

what I said was taken completely out of context
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-01 15:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is this thread about ebola now about abortion?

I bet it's Ramyrez' fault again.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-01 15:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Abortion is not a form of birth control.
Umm, how would it not be? Unless you mean it shouldn't be but that still leads to the reasons for abortion not being any of your business.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-08-01 15:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The decision to have an abortion belongs to the parents and the reason is no one else's business.

If it was merely a fetus yea. If it was murder then morality of society will be involved.

How is hoisting a royal *** of responsibility on someone who clearly does not want it or is not capable of such supposed to benefit either the parent or child?

The moment a person chooses to do the act that could get them pregnant, they are responsible for any consequences resulting from it. Actions are not divorced from consequences. If you cant deal with the consequence, then dont do the direct act.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-01 15:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Having an abortion IS dealing with the consequences. Not even going to get into the "abortion is murder" nonsense.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-08-01 15:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

It is certainly more cruel to abort the unborn because they fail to measure a certain level of convenience in ones life.
As someone who would rather be dead than alive, I can tell you that some people would rather have been aborted than have been born, especially those who have seen their parents go through hell because of their birth. You can talk about how cruel you believe it is to abort an unborn because of convenience, but it's not always because people just don't want to deal with a child. Sex relieves stress, it can be something enjoyable people do to relax. There are many people who are poor, have no money to afford children, and have sex, if there is a pregnancy and they have the child it's not a matter of inconvenience, it's a matter of capability.

If I had the choice between being born or aborted, knowing that with my birth came my parents having no future schooling, living in a trailer, eventually the street, only to go back to a trailer, and in a few years my father would become disabled without the money to pay medical bills on top of out bills for somewhere to live... Yeah, I'd have rather been removed from their lives than put them through the things they had to go through because of the money they spent on me.

It's cruel to the parent to force a child upon them and to force all of the problems a child creates on them at the same time. It's much more cruel to the child to force them into the world when their parents can't support them. When the parents are so broke they lose their home due to the expenses, they don't have the time or ability to finish school due to the child. It's cruel to the child when they look back on their life and see the amount of harm their very existence has caused the life of their parents, and how much damage they've done by simply being alive. I think this far more cruel than ending their "life" before they take a breath of air, before they know what the world even is, let alone anything else about it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-01 15:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet it's Ramyrez' Kingnoobie's fault again.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 17:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

I'm almost certain the attitude stems from deep deep narcissism and self absorption. Some people cannot center life around anyone but themselves.

Not wanting children = selfish and narcissistic. There's no room for any other explanation.

How delightfully closed minded.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 17:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've already admitted as such, apologized AND provided a picture of David Tenant looking sad in the rain.

What more can I do? ;;
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-01 17:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What more can I do? ;;

we want blood.

*** your finger.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 17:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
What more can I do? ;;

we want blood.

*** your finger.

I adjusted your word order and did that instead.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-01 17:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just thinking the same thing. Makes sense though if you think about it... possible Ebola outbreak, abortion time!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-01 17:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What more can I do? ;;

we want blood.

*** your finger.
That's how it spreads, you fool!

Or that's how you get pregnant. I dunno. This thread has me confused.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-01 17:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Does that mean you can abort a hemorrhage?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 17:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm. I don't think so.

But you could certainly hemorrhage during an abortion.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-01 17:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

seha, + yourself & pleebo for me!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-01 17:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We wouldn't have to if you would stop whoring out your pluses, Mosin. It's time to accept some RESPONSIBILITY and deal with the CONSEQUENCES of your actions.

TL;DR: Keep your legs shut.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-01 17:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

We wouldn't have to if you would stop whoring out your pluses, Mosin. It's time to accept some RESPONSIBILITY and deal with the CONSEQUENCES of your actions.

TL;DR: Keep your legs shut.

[+]
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-01 17:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shush shush, I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean it baby. You know how worked up I get about--
[+]
What the *** did I just tell you? YOU'VE GOT A PROBLEM MISTER
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 42 43 44