Government Cracking Down On School Bake Sales

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Government Cracking Down on School Bake Sales
Government Cracking Down on School Bake Sales
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-07-29 09:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The Government Is Cracking Down on School Bake Sales

Quote:
States are trying to circumvent federal nutrition standards that would limit sugary foods at school fundraisers.
Waitafricking minuet.

BAKE SALES?

Look, feed the little ******* carrots for lunch but HANDS OFF THE BAKE SALES.

While I never had children I have occasionally indulged in guilt free recreational baking for those things. Its fun, it helps fund the schools, its voluntary, and it is not part of a school lunch healthy or otherwise.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-29 09:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on an all chocolate chip cookie diet. I haven't lost any weight but that's not the point.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-29 09:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Quote:
States are trying to circumvent federal nutrition standards that would limit sugary foods at school fundraisers.
Waitafricking minuet.

BAKE SALES?

While I never had children I have occasionally indulged in guilt free recreational baking for those things. Its fun, it helps fund the schools, its voluntary, and it is not part of a school lunch healthy or otherwise.
Pretty soon, the Government will be cracking down on your imagination!
[+]
By fractalvoid 2014-07-29 09:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

Quote:
Waitafricking minuet.

BAKE SALES?

As if they don't already
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-29 09:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's glossing over the fact that the foods sold at the bake sales don't meat the health requirements. The states "pushing back" is unconstitutional, and the proper way to handle it is to either change your fundraisers, or move them off site.

It didn't even post the part of the regulation that they were in violation of, not to mention properly quote, or attribute them. A very shitty article indeed.

I highly doubt it would bar an entire event, but just certain items on the list, but as the article went full retard, it's hard to determine, and I'm too lazy to look it up otherwise.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-29 10:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

I've always considered the classification of "hate crimes" to border if not pass into the territory of thought crimes, but hey.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-29 10:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

you can't have it both ways. once you let government take control of a part of your life, they go after the next piece.

incrementalism leads to total control. there is no such thing as too much government involvement once you decide it's the solution to your problems.
[+]
 Valefor.Tsurara
Server: Valefor
user: Hinamori
By Valefor.Tsurara 2014-07-29 10:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
It's glossing over the fact that the foods sold at the bake sales don't meat the health requirements. The states "pushing back" is unconstitutional, and the proper way to handle it is to either change your fundraisers, or move them off site.

It didn't even post the part of the regulation that they were in violation of, not to mention properly quote, or attribute them. A very shitty article indeed.

I highly doubt it would bar an entire event, but just certain items on the list, but as the article went full retard, it's hard to determine, and I'm too lazy to look it up otherwise.

There shouldn't be a reason to go off site, if the people in both the school and the community want to sell stuff that is sugary, then let them. If it was sold during school hours then that's one thing, but in my area bake sales happen during off times.

The government intruding on the people's right to sell their foods to help better the education of their children (because congress is sure *** prioritizing education with some great funding) then that's their right to do so. Why is the government butt hurt over this?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-29 10:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Tsurara said: »

There shouldn't be a reason to go off site, if the people in both the school and the community want to sell stuff that is sugary, then let them. If it was sold during school hours then that's one thing, but in my area bake sales happen during off times.

The government intruding on the people's right to sell their foods to help better the education of their children (because congress is sure *** prioritizing education with some great funding) then that's their right to do so. Why is the government butt hurt over this?
But people don't have that right, is what you don't understand.
 Valefor.Tsurara
Server: Valefor
user: Hinamori
By Valefor.Tsurara 2014-07-29 10:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They have the right if the government is going to half *** their job and not supply the schools with better funding.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-29 10:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that schools need bake sales for funding at all is *** horseshit of the highest level.

National level: Let's keep dumping billions into a jet that will never work!

State level (at least in good ol' P-A): let's keep giving tax breaks to mineral extractions jackholes who do nothing for state citizens but destroy nature...but we'll keep cutting education funding and then pretend it's the feds' fault for limiting schools' abilities to have bake sales!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-29 10:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They should just sell pot brownies kill two birds with one stone.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-07-29 10:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I'm on an all chocolate chip cookie diet. I haven't lost any weight but that's not the point.
I SO understand this.

They have the right if the government is going to half *** their job and not supply the schools with better funding.
"It will be a great day when schools are fully funded and the Air Force has to hold bake sales to buy a bomber" - '70s T shirt slogan.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-29 10:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's an idea: cut back on shitty administrators that don't really need to be there in the first place, my school (which was small mind you) had at least 3 principles( or I at least can only remember 3) which is way more than needed for a school that was that small.

But I digress, it still isn't their right, they still have to follow the regulation.

edit: don't get me wrong, I'm not convinced the regulation was worded well, but as seeing as we have yet to see it from the OP, we can only guess.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-29 12:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
State level (at least in good ol' P-A): let's keep giving tax breaks to mineral extractions jackholes who do nothing for state citizens but destroy nature...but we'll keep cutting education funding and then pretend it's the feds' fault for limiting schools' abilities to have bake sales!
What tax breaks?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-29 12:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
What tax breaks?

The most impartial view I can find with limited searching

Corbett is about as trustworthy as a the scorpion on the frog's back in the middle of a river.

The fact that the only people saying that the impact fees are corporate taxes are adequate and beneficial are the people paying those fees and taxes should speak volumes, though.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-29 13:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't Corbett on his way out? Last I saw he was behind in the polls by double digits.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-29 13:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Isn't Corbett on his way out? Last I saw he was behind in the polls by double digits.

Probably. However Tom Wolf -- his likely successor -- appears to be poised to carry on the fine party-independant Pennsylvania governor tradition of being against unions and workers and pro-corporation.

He's sort of ambiguous at this point. He doesn't seem like he'll be as bad as Rendell or Corbett, but to do that he'd actually have to intentionally tank.

I don't trust him as governor. I'll tell you that. I hope I'm wrong.