More Korea threats thread
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-28 15:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Kim J craziness aside, I doubt they could be unified as one Korea. Too much cultural differences, it just wouldn't work.

The North Korean citizenship could literally be convinced with food alone. Not to mention modern technology like cell phones, a laptop, a car, television...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-28 15:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kim J craziness aside, I doubt they could be unified as one Korea. Too much cultural differences, it just wouldn't work.
It would be hard at first, but it would work out in 15-20 years.

Like how West/East Germany came together as one. N/S Korea just have been apart a lot longer.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-28 15:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

The North Korean citizenship could literally be convinced with food alone. Not to mention modern technology like cell phones, a laptop, a car, television...
Electricity would amaze them to no end.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-28 15:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Electricity?! What be this witchcraft you speak of?!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-28 15:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Electricity?! What be this witchcraft you speak of?!
This type!
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-28 16:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So North Korea has no cellphone and no internet ? Did they secrely arm for 50 years or something that they can say they'll nuke X or Y ?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-28 16:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The general populace of NK has almost no access to anything that can't be controlled by the government in it's entirety.

Anyone who does manage to get something, is automatically imprisoned, beaten in prison, slapped with criminal charges out the ***, many of which have absolutely nothing to with said offense, and there is no power of attorney or right to attorney. It's just "Go directly to Jail to die"

Hence the entire nationalistic sense of brainwashing that goes on.

The Military, on the other hand, has access to anything deemed necessary by the government. Solder's families are sometimes held hostage, without being directly held at gunpoint, so the soldier does their duty.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-28 16:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not forget that the NK's military technology is limited to the technology of the 1950s. Maybe 1960s, but that's pushing it.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-28 17:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry about it natenn is just being natenn.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-28 18:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

karusanyoshi said: »
Not so much cultural differences, as much as nobody wants the burden of dealing with all the refugees. If NK's regime collapsed, millions of citizens would flee to China, tanking its economy, and causing all kinds of issues. South Korea is the same - they would gain nothing from a reunification, other than it being the right thing to do.

Right now, NK has absolutely nothing to offer - why would anyone want to rebuild the country if its nothing but a pure moneysink?
For the same reason people remodel their kitchens. Purely aesthetic reasons.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2014-07-28 18:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

karusanyoshi said: »
Not so much cultural differences, as much as nobody wants the burden of dealing with all the refugees. If NK's regime collapsed, millions of citizens would flee to China, tanking its economy, and causing all kinds of issues. South Korea is the same - they would gain nothing from a reunification, other than it being the right thing to do.

Right now, NK has absolutely nothing to offer - why would anyone want to rebuild the country if its nothing but a pure moneysink?
Saying South Korea would gain nothing isn't entirely true... but the reasons I would give are looking at the human issue more than the economic. There's the sense of pride, I believe (too lazy to look up/quote) the South Korean constitution claims the north as still being a part of their country but under occupation of terrorist (or something similar) forces. Also the country has a looooong history and I'm sure there are other pride derived reasons to want half their land back. There also (though I can't speak for the people, just my assumption) the likely desire of not being afraid all the time that the north will finally flip ***and attack in full force. Fear starts wars in many ways, and if North Korea were to do something that made the South too afraid of waiting around... then who knows.

But yea, South Korea doesn't NEED the north, certainly. But there's more to be gained or lost than just money when it comes to these things.
By Yuukari 2014-07-28 19:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they still butthurt over that movie thing?
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-28 20:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could read korean I'd get their side of the story :(
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-07-28 20:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Hongul is very easy to learn, all you need is to open the wikipedia page and spend a whole week end on it. It's really easy to read.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-28 21:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

At a certain point, you can be so open minded that your brain falls out.

In debate, this is called the Middle Ground fallacy in that compromise of two extremes must be the one truth. There is absolutely nothing sympathetic about the North Korean regime. The people suffering under it perhaps, but not the Necrocracy itself.
[+]