Olive oil?
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-28 13:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The United Nations has actually let China, and North Korea, chastise other nations about "oppressive regimes".

Says a lot about the UN doesn't it?

like the League of Nations, it's become far too corrupt and, because of that corruption, soft and toothless to really do anything meaningful, which is why a lot of nations no longer fear reprisal from it.

But... it's also too big to really dismantle and start from scratch.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-28 13:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I love FOX. It's like a 4-year-old that loves to tell stories. There's something special about a news source where a serious article can be considered a joke.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-28 14:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
I love FOX. It's like a 4-year-old that loves to tell stories. There's something special about a news source where a serious article can be considered a joke.

I love bantering back and forth about news sources ad nauseam.

They're both ***if you don't filter out the narrative. Fox is a bit more blatant about it, but both are guilty.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-28 14:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I can agree to that.
By Afania 2014-07-28 14:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Okay here's a serious question: I know who would steamroll NK if it made any action, but does it actually have any allies in the world? Or more specifically, who would even consider backing them up if they went to war?
China, but i doubt they would if NK nuked anyone or attacked first. The people there are 100% brainwashed into loving their leader like its their own father. even in homes Kim Jung Il picture is all over the place, their is a very good documentry on netflix about NK if your interested.

They probably won't say a word if NK attack first.

China would totally start a party if NK nuke the US. They've been wanting to be No.1 for years.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-07-28 14:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think China wants war a war to begin with but I'm pretty sure they also don't want to lose a strategic asset either... Nk serves as a nice little buffer between the current SK and their friends the good ol' USA. Who knows how they might react if it came to all out war.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-28 14:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I don't think China wants war a war to begin with but I'm pretty sure they also don't want to lose a strategic asset either... Nk serves as a nice little buffer between the current SK and their friends the good ol' USA. Who knows how they might react if it came to all out war.
To be honest, no country wants a flat out war with another, it is too costly.

But, sometimes you got to do what you got to do.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-07-28 14:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps the revamped 2012 flop "Red Dawn" was on to something - North Korea allied with Russia?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-28 14:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fairly certain the phrase "mutually assured destruction" is one with which anyone who isn't an absolute madman wants to play.

While I may not have the highest opinion of leadership in ANY of the big three players (defined here as US, China, Russia), I don't think any of them are batshit crazy enough to go down that road, or back North Korea in as their puppet walking that road for them.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-28 15:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I'm fairly certain the phrase "mutually assured destruction" is one with which anyone who isn't an absolute madman wants to play.

While I may not have the highest opinion of leadership in ANY of the big three players (defined here as US, China, Russia), I don't think any of them are batshit crazy enough to go down that road, or back North Korea in as their puppet walking that road for them.

The leaders of China and Russia probably gonna secretly cheer for NK, they just won't say it :)
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-07-28 15:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

The leaders of China and Russia probably gonna secretly cheer for NK, they just won't say it :)
China isn't quiet for it's support of NK through it's statements and aid provided. They do tend to step in and talk to NK when things start to get out of hand... I assume to *** slap them back into their place of annoying the US and SK without actually doing much of anything.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-28 15:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

That's sort of what I meant by the last part, though. Even if they secretly cheer them on, they're going to be really, really, really sure any assistance they provide -- directly or indirectly -- cannot be traced back to them. Otherwise you're looking at a potentially cascading WWI effect.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-28 15:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd gladly welcome being killed in an atomic blast if that's what it takes to remind the world that barbaric states like North Korea only exist because of the infinite generosity of the enlightened world. Without even resorting to our Nuclear arsenal, the United States alone could kill every fighting man (Woman and Child, cuz brainwashing) in North Korea in 48 hours.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-28 15:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really followed the situation there so I do not know, why is North Korea considered a barbaric state?

Did it commit mass murder/genocide to create their country/try to expand ? I only know they supposedly have a crazy leader right now.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-28 15:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Did it commit mass murder/genocide to create their country/try to expand ? I only know they supposedly have a crazy leader right now.
Naw, they only commit mass murder and genocide to their own people.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-28 15:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That is horrible I wonder why we pretty much never hear about that in Europe about them
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-28 15:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really followed the situation there so I do not know, why is North Korea considered a barbaric state?

They have restricted the following in their country: Outside social media, cellphones of any kind, internet, any and all news from the outside world, pretty much anything they cant control 100% of is banned. They are conditioned from birth to love the leader of the nation and that all Americans as well as multiple other countrys are inherintly evil and they are all good. They refuse 90% of aid/food/medicine from outside their own country, they will imprison/punish anyone who speaks against the goverment or nation as well as their familys w/o discretion. They are barbaric in that sense.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-28 15:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Brush up on world events and current history, bro.

The Kim Jong Dynasty in NK has been barbaric since it began it's reign of terror.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-28 15:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah that is prolly my poor understanding of english then, I thought barbaric meant mass murder/genocide/hurting people etc.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-28 15:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That is horrible I wonder why we pretty much never hear about that in Europe about them
they pretty much just sit there all day being mad at americans with no real reason other then something that happened 50 years ago, and they don't threaten EUs with nukes every day. On another note id put money on American special "agents" in NK right now ready to take out their leader at any moment, just waitin on order.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-28 15:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Italian ambassador in NK is a joke. He was interviewed once and was all like "Kim Jong is such a wonderful person, everyone just misunderstands him! He invited me to dinner a few times, such a nice guy!"

I had a feeling he was just depserately licking his ***.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-28 15:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay here's a serious question: I know who would steamroll NK if it made any action, but does it actually have any allies in the world? Or more specifically, who would even consider backing them up if they went to war?

No. China has told them not to start anything, if they launch that first strike (that some people are really afraid of, for some reason) then they would be alone. It would be a very quick war, and Korea would be unified under the South Korean flag.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-28 15:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah lol; ***is crazy then, there is no reason to be mad or use something that happened 50 years + ago as an excuse for anything.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-28 15:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

No. China has told them not to start anything, if they launch that first strike (that some people are really afraid of, for some reason) then they would be alone. It would be a very quick war, and Korea would be unified under the South Korean flag.
That's a bad thing?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-28 15:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be too, if I were in NK.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-28 15:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Italian ambassador in NK is a joke. He was interviewed once and was all like "Kim Jong is such a wonderful person, everyone just misunderstands him! He invited me to dinner a few times, such a nice guy!"

he got in so deep, he could taste what he had for breakfast, yesterday.

Then again, Rodman is probably deeper than that
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-28 15:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah lol; ***is crazy then, there is no reason to be mad or use something that happened 50 years + ago as an excuse for anything.
Wait, isn't that Hamas's excuse for their fight against Israel (take it to the other thread!)
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-28 15:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

That's a bad thing?

Nope. Wish they would get it over with.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-28 15:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Kim J craziness aside, I doubt they could be unified as one Korea. Too much cultural differences, it just wouldn't work.