Please Sign In To Stop Genocide In Palestine

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 117 118 119
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-31 08:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Again, read what was written. You're intentionally omitting facts from what was posted, even using what I posted.

"According to the article"

And blazed, very few, particularly China, Russia, Argentia, African countries, etc. are backed by the US. At most, they receive foreign aid, which is snatched up by the dictators/governments, and denied to the people for whom they were sent.

Even other countries, on that list, accuse each other in the UN meeting halls, of human rights violations. There are plenty of documents to support it. So it's not really a blanket statement.

I absolutely agree. I was just saying that you can't say the countries that voted yes are human violaters themselves and at odds with America on a core level.

That list of countries that voted yes are unified in one thing and one thing only; they think Israel is an oppressive state killing innocent people and voted so.

EDIT: Also, (and if pushed to find source I will find it) I seem to recall that the United States is one of the countries with the most "terrorists" active in it). Can we accuse the US of harboring terrorists just because there are some loonies in there with some radical ideas?
I wouldn't doubt there would be some articles about it. Though they do make an effort to "harbor" them in a jail cell awaiting trial, albeit a sloppy effort.
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 08:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Again, read what was written. You're intentionally omitting facts from what was posted, even using what I posted.

And blazed, very few, particularly China, Russia, Argentia, African countries, etc. are backed by the US. At most, they receive foreign aid, which is snatched up by the dictators/governments, and denied to the people for whom they were sent.

Even other countries, on that list, accuse each other in the UN meeting halls, of human rights violations. There are plenty of documents to support it. So it's not really a blanket statement.

Hell, China-US and Russia-US play the "human rights violations" ping-pong game once per news cycle, it seems sometimes.

And they're all right. By varying degrees, of course, but splitting hairs aside, there isn't a country on Earth above reproach when it comes to fair, humane treatment of all of its citizens, international visitors, and prisoners.

Did you reread my post with the bold? Do you still think I'm US bashing?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-31 08:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sliced bread is overrated.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 08:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I absolutely agree. I was just saying that you can't say the countries that voted yes are human violaters themselves and at odds with America on a core level.

That list of countries that voted yes are unified in one thing and one thing only; they think Israel is an oppressive state killing innocent people and voted so.

EDIT: Also, (and if pushed to find source I will find it) I seem to recall that the United States is one of the countries with the most "terrorists" active in it). Can we accuse the US of harboring terrorists just because there are some loonies in there with some radical ideas?
I wouldn't doubt there would be some articles about it. Though they do make an effort to "harbor" them in a jail cell awaiting trial, albeit a sloppy effort.

Nah I'm not talking about Al Qaeda. The majority of Terrorists acts executed in the USA are not by Al Qaeda or any other foreign group. The majority of Terrorists planned and executed in the US are homegrown. I think the amount of foreign terrorists account for a dismal 0.5% or something. Again, if pushed I'll find the report.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-31 08:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah I'm not talking about Al Qaeda. The majority of Terrorists acts executed in the USA are not by Al Qaeda or any other foreign group. The majority of Terrorists planned and executed in the US are homegrown. I think the amount of foreign terrorists account for a dismal 0.5% or something. Again, if pushed I'll find the report.
Who mentioned or implied Al Qaeda? Homegrown or foreign, the US does try to lock up dangerous people, or find them some kind of help to control those dangerous thoughts. Often in prison. Which is the sloppy effort part.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-31 08:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you read my post?

the giant text wall of self absorbed douchebaggery?

no, it looked boring...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-31 08:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

"Accuse each other of human rights violations" means nothing. You can accuse any individual/country violating human right for anything....I can accuse US for human right violations as well.

I didn't "omitting what was posted", I just quoted the part that's clearly sending the msg that you're probably biased. While you try to defend for yourself by telling me you said/meant something else.

Based on the info I've found on the internet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_in_the_World, not every country on the list is bad.
By fonewear 2014-07-31 08:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Sliced bread is overrated.

And for no reason at all:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-31 08:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The US government doesn't aid and abet these terrorists, and in fact generally does its best to assist in the detainment and extradition of these individuals to the proper authorities in the proper countries.

Palestine's government does not seem to really be on board with limiting or stopping Hamas' operations.
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 08:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just thinking of the irony of heavily oppressive governments voting on Israel being guilty of crimes against humanity/human rights violations, without taking into account what Hamas is doing/has done.

By no means, when I say Hamas, do I include everyone in Palestine under that name. I know better than that.

Hell, when 9/11 happened, the school I went to, had a large muslim population. A friend of mine came to class, terrified of being beaten up, even though he was innocent. So I stood up, told the class, if anyone wants to beat him up, they have to go through me first.

Several tried. It ain't easy standing up for your convictions, and gets ya hurt.

Lets get one thing straight - Israel is occupying Palestine. Not the other way around. This is recognized as illegal by the entire world, including the USA.

Hamas were democratically elected by the Palestinian people. They are not terrorists. They are repelling an invading power.

If texas was occupied, would you call texans who fire rockets at the invading army terrorists?
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 08:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The US government doesn't aid and abet these terrorists, and in fact generally does its best to assist in the detainment and extradition of these individuals to the proper authorities in the proper countries.

Palestine's government does not seem to really be on board with limiting or stopping Hamas' operations.

Really? Are you sure about that? lol... The US didn't give refuge to the IRA?

lol....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-31 08:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

However, and forgive me for generalizing, but I find no other way of saying this - the ignorant Americans active on these forums, without any knowledge of the history of the situation, being too lazy to look into it and not being aware of how his/her tax dollars are spent - HE is the most guilty of any, and the absolute worst. They turn the subject into a laughing matter. I used to think that they were oblivious to the atrocities committed on the ground, but I've seen a few posts here that clearly direct them to images and newsfeeds of hundreds of children with their brains splattered across the floor, some of them still in their mother's arms.... such horror.. and yet, some still address the subject either with dismissal, or even worse, with a "wipe them all out".
Such words are themselves a crime against humanity. They are no different from the words of Nazi in the 1940's. Such words clearly demonstrate that in their opinion, not all life is sacred, only their lives and those of their friends. Those that look and talk like them. Those that watch the same TV shows and news programmes as them. Anyone else who differs, well ... "wipe them out".
Doesn't sound or appear to be very democratic to me.
What grinds my gears the most is that an American has the power to make a difference, to save countless lives on all sides, but continues to be the inactive, apathetic, lazy and clueless politically...

When faced with hard facts about what is going on in Palestine, as demonstrated in this forum, you derailed it and turned it into a dog pile of ***.

I guess you're just too used to living in filth, everywhere you go and everything you touch, turns to it.
Yeah, I think you are still US bashing. You have yet to retract these and you are still going with it.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-31 08:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Did you read my post?

the giant text wall of self absorbed douchebaggery?

no, it looked boring...

This is the internet our attention spans are that of a goldfish.
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 08:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Who mentioned or implied Al Qaeda? Homegrown or foreign, the US does try to lock up dangerous people, or find them some kind of help to control those dangerous thoughts. Often in prison. Which is the sloppy effort part.

Really? The bay of Pigs I suppose was the US inviting the cubans for a fiesta on the beach?

Lets not forget Al Qaeda was also armed, trained and built by the US lol. When they were fighting the soviet union they were freedom fighters.
By fonewear 2014-07-31 08:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you condense your opinion into 20 words or less ?

Once the quote train appears my ability to read is at 0%.
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 08:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

However, and forgive me for generalizing, but I find no other way of saying this - the ignorant Americans active on these forums, without any knowledge of the history of the situation, being too lazy to look into it and not being aware of how his/her tax dollars are spent - HE is the most guilty of any, and the absolute worst. They turn the subject into a laughing matter. I used to think that they were oblivious to the atrocities committed on the ground, but I've seen a few posts here that clearly direct them to images and newsfeeds of hundreds of children with their brains splattered across the floor, some of them still in their mother's arms.... such horror.. and yet, some still address the subject either with dismissal, or even worse, with a "wipe them all out".
Such words are themselves a crime against humanity. They are no different from the words of Nazi in the 1940's. Such words clearly demonstrate that in their opinion, not all life is sacred, only their lives and those of their friends. Those that look and talk like them. Those that watch the same TV shows and news programmes as them. Anyone else who differs, well ... "wipe them out".
What grinds my gears the most is that an American has the power to make a difference, to save countless lives on all sides, but continues to be the inactive, apathetic, lazy and clueless politically...

When faced with hard facts about what is going on in Palestine, as demonstrated in this forum, you derailed it and turned it into a dog pile of ***.

I guess you're just too used to living in filth, everywhere you go and everything you touch, turns to it.
Yeah, I think you are still US bashing. You have yet to retract these and you are still going with it.

It can sound that way if taken out of context I guess, but let me clarify, again - I am addressing the people on these forums who are the type of american I poke at in my post. You can choose to believe I'm america bashing all you like.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-31 08:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets get one thing straight - Israel is occupying Palestine. Not the other way around. This is recognized as illegal by the entire world, including the USA.

Hamas were democratically elected by the Palestinian people. They are not terrorists. They are repelling an invading power.

If texas was occupied, would you call texans who fire rockets at the invading army terrorists?

first of all, that's two things. Hamas are terrorists. Wtf do you think the tunnels are for? delivering flowers?

and yes the people defending the alamo were called terrorists by the mexican army and summarily obliterated
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-31 08:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just thinking of the irony of heavily oppressive governments voting on Israel being guilty of crimes against humanity/human rights violations, without taking into account what Hamas is doing/has done.

By no means, when I say Hamas, do I include everyone in Palestine under that name. I know better than that.

Hell, when 9/11 happened, the school I went to, had a large muslim population. A friend of mine came to class, terrified of being beaten up, even though he was innocent. So I stood up, told the class, if anyone wants to beat him up, they have to go through me first.

Several tried. It ain't easy standing up for your convictions, and gets ya hurt.

Not saying this is your case but this sounds like: I have a black friend, therefore I'm not racist.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-31 08:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

...do you even know what Hamas is?

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
...that Hamas was founded to liberate Palestine from Israeli occupation and to establish an Islamic state in the area that is now Israel, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.

And frankly, if Texas was "occupied", chances are it would be by the U.S. government itself because the extremist idiots in Texas finally decided to try to violently secede. So yes. I would call the Texans who fire upon the U.S. army terrorists.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-31 08:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No, Hamas is a declared, and bona fide terrorist cell, as has been recognized by the entire world as well.

That democratic election has even been questioned by the UN.

Hezbollah, ISIS, and Hamas are recognized as terrorist cells around the world.

Did I say I agreed with everything Israel was doing? No. I clearly stated that Israel had the right to defend it's self and it's citizens from terrorist attacks. I've also said that Israel has been chastised for using extreme measures.

Hamas continually breaks every ceasefire before negotiations can begin or end. Even the ones it has requested.

Hamas kidnaps, tortures and murders innocent Israeli children, and even boast about it happening, though do not directly claim or refute it was their members.

They've sent in suicide bombers, in the name of Allah and the prophet Muhammad, to incite terror into the hearts and minds of their intended targets.

Israel has launched missile raids at military targets where known Hamas members have been firing rockets from.

Both are escalating by going to even further extreme measures.
By fonewear 2014-07-31 08:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a Muslim person once on the street...so in my expert opinion...yes.

Also 51 pages and I've learned nothing.

[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-31 08:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It can sound that way if taken out of context I guess, but let me clarify, again - I am addressing the people on these forums who are the type of american I poke at in my post. You can choose to believe I'm america bashing all you like.

Now you're being as bad as Senky. "I didn't insult you, you just didn't read it right."

You injected one line saying "some ignorant Americans", it's true. But then you proceded to make blanket statements about all Americans hating all Muslims, which couldn't be further from the truth.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-31 08:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

In fairness and objectivity, Hamas is not globably recognized as a terrorist group. Russia, China and many Arabic states do not label them as such.

That said, China and Russia have a history of backing (or, at least, not denouncing) certain groups because they don't want to burn bridges with potential anti-US allies.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-31 08:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

Not saying this is your case but this sounds like: I have a black friend, therefore I'm not racist.
No, I can admit to being mildly racist, and having made racist comments.

But yeah, subjectively, it would sound like that. Objectively, not so much.
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 08:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, read what was written. You're intentionally o

If texas was occupied, would you call texans who fire rockets at the invading army terrorists?[/spoiler]

...do you even know what Hamas is?
Touche' on the texas part. Made me Le laugh. I forgot there was some loonies in texas trying to break away. Ok ok, replace Texas with California and the occupier being a foreign, non-US power.

I know what Hamas are. They're responsible for less innocent civilian deaths than the IDF though.

Can we agree to call the side that kills the most innocent civilians the terrorist and the other side the repelling power?
By fonewear 2014-07-31 08:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

But the blanket statements keep me warm at night !
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-31 08:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

Yeah. I agreed with the first part but I must admit the anecdote made it a little awkward at the end. But I admit to that same thing a time or two myself, so whatever.
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 08:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

No, Hamas is a declared, and bona fide terrorist cell, as has been recognized by the entire world as well.

That democratic election has even been questioned by the UN.

Hezbollah, ISIS, and Hamas are recognized as terrorist cells around the world.

Did I say I agreed with everything Israel was doing? No. I clearly stated that Israel had the right to defend it's self and it's citizens from terrorist attacks. I've also said that Israel has been chastised for using extreme measures.

Hamas continually breaks every ceasefire before negotiations can begin or end. Even the ones it has requested.

Hamas kidnaps, tortures and murders innocent Israeli children, and even boast about it happening, though do not directly claim or refute it was their members.

They've sent in suicide bombers, in the name of Allah and the prophet Muhammad, to incite terror into the hearts and minds of their intended targets.

Israel has launched missile raids at military targets where known Hamas members have been firing rockets from.

Both are escalating by going to even further extreme measures.

Hezbullah are terrorists as well?
- they repelled an invading Israeli Army, of course they are terrorists.

ISIS is new, those are the new age kids. I have no idea what they want but I'm willing to bet the US was involved in arming them lol.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-31 08:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

and yes the people defending the alamo were called terrorists by the mexican army and summarily obliterated
Ask a Texan about Texas history, and you will get the Texas version of the fight for Texas Independence.

But it doesn't matter what version of history you listen to, the end result is that the Texas army caught the entire Mexican army in a siesta, surrounded them and captured the entire army, while General Santa Anna tried to escape in drag.

Thus ended the Mexican Army's attempt to reclaim Texas back to Mexico, and will forever be known as the quickest final battle of any war or skirmish, and the most embarrassing loss for the losing party.
By fonewear 2014-07-31 08:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask a Texan about Texas history, and you will get the Texas version of the fight for Texas Independence.

But it doesn't matter what version of history you listen to, the end result is that the Texas army caught the entire Mexican army in a siesta, surrounded them and captured the entire army, while General Santa Anna tried to escape in drag.

Thus ended the Mexican Army's attempt to reclaim Texas back to Mexico, and will forever be known as the quickest final battle of any war or skirmish, and the most embarrassing loss for the losing party.

In my version of History the Alamo was caused by Taco Bell not offering 49 cent tacos.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 117 118 119