Please Sign In To Stop Genocide In Palestine

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 117 118 119
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 13:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Another sad story about this:

There was a baby that was born after her mom died, she was removed by Surgery, she died when Israel broke the electricity thing.

Wow. For all your talk of how everyone is an Israeli-paid college student, you're quite the little Palestian propaganda machine, aren't you?

I bet you do it for free, though. For the cause.

Again. It's a tragedy. And both sides are to blame for being *** *** fighting over a largely worthless bit of land due to religious and cliche Hatfield-McCoy reasons.

We can discuss the particular whys and wherefores of each attack and retaliation, and who caused each one, but both sides keep firing and neither will back down.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 13:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
the Palestinians put them in harm's way in the first place
You see, this is why I don't take some people seriously and think they have tunnel vision.

To name a few Israel bombed a beach, a playground and a UN school which had nothing to do with military objectives.

But hey, totally not their fault right?

Palestinian militants were firing from the vicinity of that school. At least per the articles I read. And it wasn't being used as a school. It was a U.N.-designated shelter.

Which means that the Palestinian militants chose that location from which to fire, knowing they'd get return fire, knowing they could sacrifice their own to the cause.

Of course, Israel also likely knew it was a U.N. designated shelter and counter-attacked with an irresponsible, indiscriminate amount of force.

I'm not defending either side of this shitstorm. Just taking them both to task in turn.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-30 13:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

But this story is true, I shouldn't share it cause it's sad ?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 13:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

But this story is true, I shouldn't share it cause it's sad ?

You shouldn't try to spin it as solely Israel's fault.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-30 13:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

the Palestinians put them in harm's way in the first place
You see, this is why I don't take some people seriously and think they have tunnel vision.

To name a few Israel bombed a beach, a playground and a UN school which had nothing to do with military objectives.

But hey, totally not their fault right?

Palestinian militants were firing from the vicinity of that school. At least per the articles I read. And it wasn't being used as a school. It was a U.N.-designated shelter.

Which means that the Palestinian militants chose that location from which to fire, knowing they'd get return fire, knowing they could sacrifice their own to the cause.

Of course, Israel also likely knew it was a U.N. designated shelter and counter-attacked with an irresponsible, indiscriminate amount of force.

I'm not defending either side of this shitstorm. Just taking them both to task in turn.

What about the beach with the kids ? French reporter were filming
there was NO palestinian fire from that location.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 13:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: though I would like a link to this story. I'm not doubting the veracity of the strike. Just would like to see why it was carried out. I have a hard time believing either side would knowingly open fire solely upon innocents.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-30 13:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet you defended the attack of a UN building ? Of course they will there were fire from those location to justify themselve.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-30 13:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Hamas hid some time ago weapons in some schools and mosques as well, but the UN refugee that was hit a couple of days ago had nothing to do with it. Nor the bombs dropped in completely random locations.
The military strikes of Israel have been often over the top and indiscriminate. I said in the first post I consider both sides at wrong, but it's irksome to see people treating Israel actions as faultless.

Almost like when US is at war, they're always the good guys.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 13:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet you defended the attack of a UN building ? Of course they will there were fire from those location to justify themselve.

I'm not condoning an attack on the building. I'm criticizing the Palestenians for attacking from that location in the first place because they knew they would receive return fire. They were perfectly okay with letting innocents on their own side be fired upon. Because it's good PR for your enemey to be seen killing innocents.

ISRAELI MILITANTS BAD. PALESTINIAN MILITANTS BAD.

SENSELESS VIOLENCE FIGHTING OVER AN OTHERWISE UNDESIRABLE TRACT OF LAND WITH RELIGIOUS SIGNIFICANE BAD.

How basic do I have to break this down for you?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 13:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Hamas hid some time ago weapons in some schools and mosques as well, but the UN refugee that was hit a couple of days ago had nothing to do with it. Nor the bombs dropped in completely random locations.
The military strikes of Israel have been often over the top and indiscriminate. I said in the first post I consider both sides at wrong, but it's irksome to see people treating Israel actions as faultless.

Jeeze, Seha. I get his ignoring this; he clearly has a horse in this race. But I've said this all along too. I'm not defending Israel here, he just seems to be dead set on saying it's all their fault.

The news reports I've read have said otherwise, though I admit they've all been mainstream U.S. sources. Hence why I asked for sources. Not because I don't believe you. Just because I'd like to read the material myself.

I simply have a hard time believing Israel would indiscriminantly carpet bomb innocents in that fashion. It's...not in keeping with what I'd expect from them, given events of the last century.

Then again, I often expect the best from people and am frequently disapointed when I get the worst, so.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-30 13:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, I think Israel is just the victim of higher standards in this case.

You need only contemplate the asymmetrical status of the war. If Hamas had Atomic Weapons, do you think Israel would be anything less than a radioactive wasteland right now?

I have no sympathy for either side to be honest, but as long as Hamas is the aggressor, and as long as Palestine allows them to thrive in their borders, I have even less sympathy for the Palestinians.

Now, if you want to talk about the Callous nature of the Israeli's in contrast to Palestine look no further than this video. Caution: Butts.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-30 13:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeeze, Seha. I get his ignoring this; he clearly has a horse in this race. But I've said this all along too. I'm not defending Israel here, he just seems to be dead set on saying it's all their fault.

The news reports I've read have said otherwise, though I admit theyhospital-evacuate-patients.html've all been mainstream U.S. sources. Hence why I asked for sources. Not because I don't believe you. Just because I'd like to read the material myself.

I simply have a hard time believing Israel would indiscriminantly carpet bomb innocents in that fashion. It's...not in keeping with what I'd expect from them, given events of the last century.

Then again, I often expect the best from people and am frequently disapointed when I get the worst, so.

2008 as as bad as right now UN investigation back then said there was ZERO proof of hamas using civilian as a shield wich was the same excuse back then as it is now.

Hospital: http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/hospital-evacuate-patients.html

UN school: http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/children-killed-in-their-sleep-israeli-artillery-fire-hits-un-school-killing-at-least-20.html

Do you need more? Do you understand more than english?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 13:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

Again, I think Israel is just the victim of higher standards in this case.

You need only contemplate the asymmetrical status of the war. If Hamas had Atomic Weapons, do you think Israel would be anything less than a radioactive wasteland right now?

I have no sympathy for either side to be honest, but as long as Hamas is the aggressor, and as long as Palestine allows them to thrive in their borders, I have even less sympathy for the Palestinians.

Now, if you want to talk about the Callous nature of the Israeli's in contrast to Palestine look no further than this video. Caution: Butts.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I have sympathy for those on both sides who would like to just go on living a life not worrying about bombs falling on their heads for no good reason.

For the combatants, my sympathy wanes. For those pulling the strings, I hold nothing but contempt.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-30 13:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caution: Butts.

you know, a stock photo of my hairy *** would be a great response to a lot of P&R threads.

lol
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-30 13:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, real quick, explain how this thread on a MMO site will cause the violence to stop?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-30 13:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Caution: Butts.

you know, a stock photo of my hairy *** would be a great response to a lot of P&R threads.

lol
Isn't that the Pleebo signal?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-30 13:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

kujataseraphi13 said: »
Ok, real quick, explain how this thread on a MMO site will cause the violence to stop?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 13:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

2008 as as bad as right now UN investigation back then said there was ZERO proof of hamas using civilian as a shield wich was the same excuse back then as it is now.

Hospital: http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/hospital-evacuate-patients.html

UN school: http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/children-killed-in-their-sleep-israeli-artillery-fire-hits-un-school-killing-at-least-20.html

Do you need more? Do you understand more than english?

I can read Spanish fairly fluently, though conversing is a bit much to ask. I doubt that helps though.

Edit: read both articles and looked in the source too.

It's unfortunate. As stated above, I've apparently yet again given people more credit than I should have.

Both sides aren't just sharing in the guilt; both sides are dog ***.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-30 14:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For the combatants, my sympathy wanes. For those pulling the strings, I hold nothing but contempt.

That's needlessly complex. It's the citizens that allow this kind of infection to take root, they are not absolved of responsibility. Change has to come from within.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-30 14:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Being all electric, it may avoid the 180% tax that most cars have in Denmark.
Wait, seriously?
The tax, or that it avoids it?

I'm guessing the tax, given his profession and position on taxes/government spending.

He probably stepped afk to chunder.
Chunder it was.

Yeah, the tax. That is crazy to charge 180% tax for a vehicle's price in Denmark.
Eh, yes and no. The general concept is to try to combat the suburbanification/reduction in population density, which drives up the cost of public services.
However, the cost of real estate has risen significantly faster than the price of cars, plus the increased availability of used cars and the reduction of tax on micro/electric cars, which means that greater urbanization is occuring.

Also, keep in mind that a driver's license is going to cost about 1-2k USD.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 14:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That's needlessly complex. It's the citizens that allow this kind of infection to take root, they are not absolved of responsibility. Change has to come from within.

Life is needlessly complex thanks to simplistic thinking of people who will kill you because you don't believe in their religious grabassery.

Change from within is hard to make happen when you're getting killed in your sleep.

Though, as stated before, it's no better on either side. Israel is just better at killing people, apparently.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-30 14:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay we got naked ***, can close the thread now. *full circle*
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 14:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

kujataseraphi13 said: »

Real quick, explain how you couldn't just keep your nose out of the thread if you felt it had no value?

I mean, ***. You could have at least tried to derail like the rest of us, with beer or semi-naked people. Hell, puppies would do the trick.

Instead you just felt the need to be snide.

Jog on.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-30 14:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

By all means the original intent of the thread was dumb, albeit good natured.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 14:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay we got naked ***, can close the thread now. *full circle*

We've still got at least five pages to goooooo.

Guess we'll just have to circle around again.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-30 14:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking about Human shield:

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=101403

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bd3_1406348478

Yeah my spanish is close to zero :( but I'm sure if you looked for spanish news you could find some difference with the US/english one

Another one about the UN school:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/gaza-health-ministry-explosions-at-school-kill-15-1406705906?mod=wsj_india_main
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-30 14:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Being all electric, it may avoid the 180% tax that most cars have in Denmark.
Wait, seriously?
The tax, or that it avoids it?

I'm guessing the tax, given his profession and position on taxes/government spending.

He probably stepped afk to chunder.
Chunder it was.

Yeah, the tax. That is crazy to charge 180% tax for a vehicle's price in Denmark.
Eh, yes and no. The general concept is to try to combat the suburbanification/reduction in population density, which drives up the cost of public services.
However, the cost of real estate has risen significantly faster than the price of cars, plus the increased availability of used cars and the reduction of tax on micro/electric cars, which means that greater urbanization is occuring.

Also, keep in mind that a driver's license is going to cost about 1-2k USD.
Huh, I would guess that the reduction in population density would decrease the cost of public services, as you would not need as many people for public support as before. Since labor plays a huge factor in the cost of administration services, lower labor costs means lower total cost by a greater percentage than any other industry.

But yeah, Denmark is crazy. Will never live there at all (wasn't planning it anyway).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-30 14:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, puppies would do the trick.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-30 14:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Life is needlessly complex thanks to simplistic thinking of people who will kill you because you don't believe in their religious grabassery.

Change from within is hard to make happen when you're getting killed in your sleep.

Though, as stated before, it's no better on either side. Israel is just better at killing people, apparently.

Actually, I think if Palestine rallied themselves to cast dipshits like Hamas out, Israel would be the first to help. The fact is, Israel can only defend itself from the threat, or eradicate it completely with extreme prejudice. The latter of which would basically require a military conquest and complete genocide of Palestine, because occupation is always doomed to fail. Right now the Operational goal of the IDF is to basically shock Palestine out of harboring Hamas, which is how they've always fought. It really is their only recourse in this conflict.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 117 118 119