Please Sign In To Stop Genocide In Palestine

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 117 118 119
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-07-25 15:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »
I do not not know if you can make fun of holocaust/ISRAEL in USA,

You can.

... in France you can't, a famous humorist got his theater closed because of couple joke about the holocaust and Israel(he has zero issue when he made of Christian/Muslim/Buudisth/Atheist)

While I don't agree with that extreme of a reaction, Holocaust denial is a disgusting thing. There are Holocaust deniers in Europe and the Arab world. While we can debate numbers of dead, to pretend that the Holocaust never even happened is shameful and disgusting. It's on a level with those Americans who believe that slavery was actually humane and was a net benefit for blacks.
Well he didn't really deny it, he questioned it, in an honest way. He literally asked ANYONE to come and have a talk with him about what happened. He asked for someone to talk so he could listen and understand. He still keeps asking people to talk rather than to threaten his life or simply insult him.

And you know what? Absolutely nobody in the whole country (or the other French speaking countries, or even foreign ones as the whole story reached other countries) is fine with talking to him. It's not even about having a recorded debate, it's just about talking like humans.
In France, you can laugh/disrespect what happened to black people. You can laugh/disrespect the Armenian genocide. You can laugh/disrespect what happened in the 60's between France and Algeria. You can make fun/disrespect anything as long as it's not the holy Holocaust. This is the only thing not to joke with.

But if it was only the Holocaust, people would still crack jokes at jews and money and so on, but no, even this kind of jokes will earn you life threats and insults, and getting more or less fired with no way of climbing back up.

Back in the 80's and even 90's, you could joke about the Holocaust, many comedians did. You could joke about jews, many comedians did. But then, at some point in the early 00's, it became usual to joke about black people, and for some reason, anyone who started to joke about jews again got heavy ***handed to them, unless they were jews (which involved rather bland jokes as a result, obviously).

I think there is room for public discourse on Jews and the Holocaust that can be done respectfully, and I agree that some Jews don't see to want this kind of discourse for some reason. However, much of the "debate" on the Holocaust is outright lies, or justifications for what happened, and the ones raising the issues have despicable agendas like neo-Nazi's, racists, and Arabs who want no less than the eradication of Israel.
It depends where you live, this is what I pointed out several times. In France, nobody points at the Jews, but he Jews point at everyone, at all time. There is no persecution or whatever against them, they are the ones harassing. So, in France's situation, you have no neo-nazi, you have no racists, you have no Arabs attacking Jews (they live peacefully together for the most part). See, your explanation can never completely explain/defend what I pointed, because of the data you lack.

Also, please stop painting all Americans with the same brush. Not all of us are myopic "shoot first ask questions later" cowboy types. I should point out that, in 2000, our population actually didn't elect that kind of President, but rather he got into office by corruption and nepotism. The posters here are not representative of the average American. Very few of us feel like Vic, that the Palestinians should all be wiped out. I think most Americans want peace and a two-state solution. We're tired of being drug into this mess by our politicians, who are catering to a tiny but powerful demographic of Americans, and a larger demographic of lunatic Christian fundamentalists.
Oh I'm sure not everyone is, I would say that the average American actually doesn't give a ***because it's too far away, and he/she would be 100% correct in thinking that way. America, much like any other country, has a lot of internal issues and it would be much better to focus on them first. In the case of Israel/Palestine, the US is pretty much bound anyway, it's superfluous to worry about it.

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
The whole complain people have ever since WWII ended is: why is the fact that Jews specifically died the only thing to remember? Why are gipsies and homosexuals put lower on the "pain scale"?

Because of the Biblical and historical significance of the persecution of the Jews, and because in America the other victims of the Holocaust are marginalized, where Jewish-Americans are not, generally, anymore.
Yeah. They managed to dismiss the apartheid and the Americas genocides, among other genocides. They're good at playing the victims.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-25 15:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pro year-round schooling, or at least shortening the summer break to a month.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-25 16:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

(not quoting because there's just too much text)

Senkyuutai, I'm not trying to say that everyone who brings up the Holocaust is antisemitic, and you're right, I'm not familiar with French discussion on this. What I'm saying, and you can't deny this, is that many people who are antisemitic also try to debate aspects of the Holocaust, to try and downplay the suffering of the Jews during that time, or to fit some conspiracy theory. The French have deep-rooted hatred against the Jews and their own share of blame in what happened, so that might color the discussion of the Holocaust in France as well.

There's good debate to be had on why non-Jewish Holocaust victims don't get the attention, but in a respectful way that doesn't have some kind of hateful agenda behind it.

And I disagree that the US is bound to the Israel-Palestine conflict. More and more Americans are starting to feel like me, that we can let those two sides fight it out amongst ourselves.

Us Americans on the whole are absolutely deluded and in deep denial about the American genocide of Native-Americans, and the enslavement of Africans. We as a nation just refuse to see ourselves as being anything less than the "Good Guy". The fact that this country was stolen from indigenous people, who were then massacred, and built on the backs of another group of people who were kidnapped and treated as property rather than humans, that just doesn't sit well with our American psyche. We have a national Holocaust museum, but no national museum to slavery or the Indians. These things are our great shame, along with things like the internment of the Japanese and the backhanded support of South African apartheid.

For Americans, the Holocaust is a convenient tragedy, one we can point at and say "look at those bad Nazis, we saved the day".
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-25 16:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oy vey!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-25 16:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I'm pro year-round schooling, or at least shortening the summer break to a month.

yeah it just struck me as a funny solution to the current situation...

not that she meant it that way, or anyone else understood it that way. but this is a thread about a crisis that is happening right now.... /shrug
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-25 16:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So have y'all found a final solution to this problem yet?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-07-25 16:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think there's been talk of a soultion... well a realistic one at least (wiping out the populace on either side is not a soulution)... Mostly just fingerpointing and mudslinging...
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-25 16:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
wiping out the populace on either side is not a soulution

how about both sides?
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-07-25 17:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Joan Rivers Slams Selena Gomez, CNN and BBC

I could not stop laughing when she slammed Selena Gomez hahaha

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-25 17:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The less money someone, a group, an organization, or a country has, the less support it gets. Hence the boycotts.

Once again money controlling morality.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-25 17:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
So have y'all found a final solution to this problem yet?
The same final solution we do every night:

[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-07-25 18:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Senkyuutai, I'm not trying to say that everyone who brings up the Holocaust is antisemitic, and you're right, I'm not familiar with French discussion on this. What I'm saying, and you can't deny this, is that many people who are antisemitic also try to debate aspects of the Holocaust, to try and downplay the suffering of the Jews during that time, or to fit some conspiracy theory. The French have deep-rooted hatred against the Jews and their own share of blame in what happened, so that might color the discussion of the Holocaust in France as well.
You are right but I disagree that people try to "downplay the suffering of the Jews". I think that the general movement of people telling them to be quiet is because they are way too loud to begin with, whether the people telling them are anti semite, or not. Cause, effect. I have never met a black person in my life that kept going on his whole life because his ancestors were slaves. The same way, I have never met a gipsy that cried about being one and other persecussions. I could go on, really, seeing all the communities that my city gathers. The past is past, let's not make the same mistake but let's not keep bringing it up again and again. It is once again superfluous.

The Jews in France aren't hated by default or in general. We do have expressions toward rich or egotist people, calling them Jews, yes, but that's mild as French people easily insult each other, we are much less uptight in that regard (I felt the same when I went to Italy and Spain, the people from there that I know are the same, maybe is it a typical south of Europe thing?). We have a lot of communities living together without hate. Black, Arabs and Jews all live together where I come from, along with Armenians, Gipsies and snow whites.

That being said, it would be foolish to ignore that the Jews are controlling a lot of things in France and that they do indeed earn hatred because of the way they control these things (namely: TV/entertainment, politics, justice, state council). Things aren't black and white and it takes a lot of time to grasp the grey.

There's good debate to be had on why non-Jewish Holocaust victims don't get the attention, but in a respectful way that doesn't have some kind of hateful agenda behind it.
This debate is unfortunately a big headache as I have personally never seen anyone rise and try to talk about it. We have a few guys in France who raise this question very often but they're dismissed as anti-semite just for asking this question. This is the world we live in. You can question black history and you'll get your fair share of blunt, disgusting answers, but questioning the Jew history is suicide/won't go anywhere.

There is a big double standard and it doesn't help the Jews' situation.

And I disagree that the US is bound to the Israel-Palestine conflict. More and more Americans are starting to feel like me, that we can let those two sides fight it out amongst ourselves.
By bound I meant that the US cannot do anything. I did call the US "Israel #2", and this is what I meant.

It's very simple, there are 2 points to take into consideration here:

- The US protects Israel. If the US was to position itself against Israel, Israel would disappear within days. Every single Arab country around it would either bomb it or invade it, right away, and nobody would be able to stop it nor would anyone punish it. Israel wanted their own land, but they picked a land that is right in the middle of MANY countries that are looking out for the first opening to wipe them out, and rightfully so after so many years. They can taunt all they want right now, they can blow up Gaza, but if the US was to not back them up anymore, they're gone.
Therefore, the US is forced to back up Israel, but they can't get too involved either as it would solidify their position as the #1 world bully. They're trying to dissipate this image of themselves until they can attack Iran or whichever other country, if they can. Because with what happened with Russia, the US might already be behind enough to only be able to bark from now on.

- The US would lose Israel as an ally and literally the whole Europe (or close to) if they backed up Palestine. Also, the US cannot possibly back up Palestine as in the mind of their citizens, they're terrotists on par with the ones that did 9/11.
The US is already in a difficult situation due to Russia and China, it would be suicide to back them up.

Because of these reasons, the US will stay a spectator. If they were to get involved, it would escalate to a huge conflict, if not global. This is why I keep saying that this isn't about Israel and Palestine, it's much, much bigger than people here expect/think.

Us Americans on the whole are absolutely deluded and in deep denial about the American genocide of Native-Americans, and the enslavement of Africans. We as a nation just refuse to see ourselves as being anything less than the "Good Guy". The fact that this country was stolen from indigenous people, who were then massacred, and built on the backs of another group of people who were kidnapped and treated as property rather than humans, that just doesn't sit well with our American psyche. We have a national Holocaust museum, but no national museum to slavery or the Indians. These things are our great shame, along with things like the internment of the Japanese and the backhanded support of South African apartheid.
It's a weird feeling/mentality to me, and while I can kind of understand it, I'd feel really bad inside if I was in such situation. Everyone makes mistakes, the key is to learn from them to not repeat them and apologise properly. Time will do the rest.

Here in EU we're so used to be close to each other, to be made of each other (I'm 50% German and 50% Italian myself, yet I'm 100% French) that we do not even think of the old disputes and massacres. Only here where I live, in England, do I meet people that call me a frog and ask me "do you hate us English because of what happened in the past?". German people I meet do not care, Italian do not care, Spanish do not care. Hell, even in Algeria people do not care.

As I said above, I think people should accept the past and simply not repeat it. No museum is fine, but being willingly blind will only make people repeat their mistakes.

For Americans, the Holocaust is a convenient tragedy, one we can point at and say "look at those bad Nazis, we saved the day".
Here it's a way to make oven/train jokes and also a way to be sent to the hospital within minutes, or to the morgue.

Comedians used to make jokes about Jews/Holocaust all the time until the end of the 90's, it was just an old event we had all moved on from, but it's been a decade now that people are determined to bringing it back as a nowadays feeling. I really don't like that.

I haven't talked about it with my grandmothers, maybe I should. They've both lived WWII when they were young women but they don't seem to have too much problems with it, even though one of them is a German living in the deepest part of France but with no sign of racism toward her.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-25 18:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Challah at me I've got hummus.
By fonewear 2014-07-25 18:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Oy vey!

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-25 22:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So, a 12 hour cease-fire, how long will it take Hamas to break it this time?
[+]
 Bahamut.Madmaxximist
By Bahamut.Madmaxximist 2014-07-25 22:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain to me how signing into anything will stop two peoples from warring when they have been so for generations? I swear this stupid facebook generation chain mail crap. Nothing we can do will stop this, it has to be them sitting down and talking and making a vow to stop the violence...
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-26 00:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Another proof of Israel lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2DYtd_-KZQ

Isn't this act the main reason gaza is being under attack at the moment ? Cause on news here they said this was the event that motivated the start of this war.

ps: english translation of the video on the youtube comment.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-26 01:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Weren't you leaving?
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-26 01:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to answer your previous question:

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
What about the 3 Israeli kids that were kidnapped and burned alive?

A lie from Israel to manipulate people and start a war as usual.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-26 01:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They kidnapped and murdered 3 Israeli kids, but since they had no political agenda, everything is ok? Go away.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-26 01:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you watch the video and read the translation? If they lied about how the kids got sadly killed, I doubt they would tell the truth about who killed them.

And the 15 days of the Bring Back our boys campaign wasn't a way to manipulate people's opinion ?
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-26 01:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you watch the video and read the translation? If they lied about how the kids got sadly killed, I doubt they would tell the truth about who killed them.

And the 15 days of the Bring Back our boys campaign wasn't a way to manipulate people's opinion ?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-26 02:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So, a 12 hour cease-fire, how long will it take Hamas to break it this time?
12 hours.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-07-26 03:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cromag said: »
The only way they can spread more propaganda. Infiltrate the weak minded scanning and believing everything they read/see on the interwebz.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-26 04:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Go away.
I would ask you the same in this thread.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-26 04:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Another proof of Israel lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2DYtd_-KZQ

Wait, are propaganda YouTube videos considered undeniable proof nowadays? Looks like I have some videos to make.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 117 118 119