Obamacare Was Just Dealt A Major Loss In Court.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obamacare was just dealt a major loss in court.
Obamacare was just dealt a major loss in court.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-22 14:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
This, honestly, is the biggest issue I've had with the ACA. "Affordable" is a misnomer.
Personal anecdotes aren't evidence.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-22 14:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
"Affordable" is a misnomer.

Had anyone been told the truth about ACA nobody would have gotten away with voting for it....

Fortunately for it's supporters, america has ADD and is borderline HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, what side of the border we're on is debatable. I say we are heavily on the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE side leaning away...

and maybe we did sell cleveland, detroit, youngstown, toledo, akron and several smaller towns to china for twenty five cents a pound in scrap metal..but at least we're not canada.

canada has never had anything to do besides *** bout the us and how our horrible policies effect them.

well boo *** hoo

take away the US of A and canada is third world country sucking on seal blubber in an igloo.

in the words of our ancestors...

Oh Yeah!? let's see stoopid canada do something better!

/waits forever

YEAH THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!!! YOU SUCK!!!

canada's contribution to the rest of the world is canadian bacon, maple syrup and bitching and whining like a frozen frenchmen.

go pound a block of ice surrender monkeys!

The one thing you forgot. Canada is still a commonwealth of the UK.

And they still pay.

Limey lubber, surrender monkeys.

No offense to our resident Brits, but if someone is going toe-to-toe over the cesspool that is Detroit as an indication of the state of the entire US... :/

Matching stupid for stupid.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-22 15:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Basically selling the rust belt for scrap metal is our recent history

I would offer to sell you a bridge in cleveland...but all of them were stolen and melted down already.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 15:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Jetackuu said: »
I see no reason to remove the employer mandated contribution, and I'd agree with the rest if you implement proper healthcare reform.
Trickle-down economics myth that I believe in

thought so, got it.
Trickle-down economics is working great here in Texas. How is the trickle-up economics working in your state again?
I live in a "trickle down" state as well, and it blows here, thank you.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 15:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup. It sure will. Worst-case scenario predictions always come true.
Not really a prediction when it's already happening.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 15:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Triffle said: »
“American Scrap” (correspondent: David Choe) - Cities like Detroit and Cleveland have found themselves at the forefront of a new phenomenon: scrapping. People left behind are literally ripping apart old school, houses, hospitals and factories for raw materials to hawk to local scrap yards for cash. Scrap metal is one of the U.S.' biggest exports, with billions of dollars' worth traveling to China every year, where it's invested into their infrastructure. The price for a pound of copper, for example, is about five times more than it was in 2002. David Choe looks into the life cycle of scrap metal, from the people who risk their lives to find it, to the yards that buy it, all the way to the Chinese traders who take it back home to build their economy. "
And your point is...what again?

That we should hold on the scrap metal that is not being used at all and is not planned on being used period because you said so?

The point you missed which you asked me to point out is that your infrastructure is terrible and you are doing nothing about it. Instead you take apart your cities instead of fixing them, to help China grow. It makes you look like a third world country akin to a bombed out Middle-Eastern village. Instead of being condescending, maybe you should try remembering the things you posted 10 minutes ago. If you are having problems with your memory, I suggest seeing a doctor if you have the money for it since I have no idea what your insurance covers or even if you have any.
Which means that you don't know how the world works and the whole point in these transactions.

You rather these cities to remain desolate and deformed instead of removing the waste from rundown buildings and making a quick buck from it to (possibly) help refurbish these buildings to usable quality. Although Detroit and Cleveland aren't exactly known for great local governments (hey, guess what, it is the local governments and not the federal government who is profiting from this) in US.

But since you are still a little kid with no knowledge of the world, I wouldn't expect you to understand these "grown-up matters." Nice attempt at a little jab though.
[+]
 Asura.Triffle
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 15:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

“American Scrap” (correspondent: David Choe) - Cities like Detroit and Cleveland have found themselves at the forefront of a new phenomenon: scrapping. People left behind are literally ripping apart old school, houses, hospitals and factories for raw materials to hawk to local scrap yards for cash. Scrap metal is one of the U.S.' biggest exports, with billions of dollars' worth traveling to China every year, where it's invested into their infrastructure. The price for a pound of copper, for example, is about five times more than it was in 2002. David Choe looks into the life cycle of scrap metal, from the people who risk their lives to find it, to the yards that buy it, all the way to the Chinese traders who take it back home to build their economy. "

That we should hold on the scrap metal that is not being used at all and is not planned on being used period because you said so?

The point you missed which you asked me to point out is that your infrastructure is terrible and you are doing nothing about it. Instead you take apart your cities instead of fixing them, to help China grow. It makes you look like a third world country akin to a bombed out Middle-Eastern village. Instead of being condescending, maybe you should try remembering the things you posted 10 minutes ago. If you are having problems with your memory, I suggest seeing a doctor if you have the money for it since I have no idea what your insurance covers or even if you have any.
Which means that you don't know how the world works and the whole point in these transactions.

You rather these cities to remain desolate and deformed instead of removing the waste from rundown buildings and making a quick buck from it to (possibly) help refurbish these buildings to usable quality. Although Detroit and Cleveland aren't exactly known for great local governments (hey, guess what, it is the local governments and not the federal government who is profiting from this) in US.

But since you are still a little kid with no knowledge of the world, I wouldn't expect you to understand these "grown-up matters." Nice attempt at a little jab though.

You mean I don't understand how you guys are becoming a police state and are slowly selling off your cities to build China into a bigger super power than you guys are? Sure, keep deluding yourselves. Maybe you'll die out before you become part of district 1 through 12. :) Good luck in your endeavors.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-22 15:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I see no reason to remove the employer mandated contribution, and I'd agree with the rest if you implement proper healthcare reform.
Trickle-down economics myth that I believe in

thought so, got it.
Trickle-down economics is working great here in Texas. How is the trickle-up economics working in your state again?
I live in a "trickle down" state as well, and it blows here, thank you.

Trickle down economics work like Valtrex. It obfuscates the problem for a short time, but eventually you'll have another outbreak, and it will happen at the worst time, ruining your big date that was supposed to break you out of this dry spell.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 15:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean I don't understand how you guys are becoming a police state and are slowly selling off your cities to build China into a bigger super power than you guys are? Sure, keep deluding yourselves. Maybe you'll die out before you become part of district 1 through 12. :) Good luck in your endeavors.
Tell me this: What movie are you living in now?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-22 15:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The Hunger Games is totes gonna happen in real life. There's probably, like, a YouTube video I can link to prove it. /hairflip
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-22 15:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Canada is just America's hat anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 15:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiroi, what have we told you about keeping your crazies off the internet!

I thought Canada medicine is supposed to be better than American medicine! You Canadians keep telling us that all the time!
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-07-22 15:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Canada medicine is supposed to be better than American medicine! You Canadians keep telling us that all the time!

Yeah, well, you take a few hockey pucks to the head, and this kind of thing can happen.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 15:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

Yeah, well, you take a few hockey pucks to the head, and this kind of thing can happen.
Damn hockey!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-22 15:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Canada is just America's hat anyway.
SatW agrees.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-22 16:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically scrap metal is our future ?
Hey it's the only way I've found to make any serious money around here. Good money in it too if done right.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-22 16:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Hey it's the only way I've found to make any serious money around here. Good money in it too if done right.

Nothing beats making $1200 in part-time hours in a week stealing copper from housing tracts under construction.

Illegal? *** yes! But our cops are fat and slow and only shoot you if you're brown.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-22 16:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Nothing beats making $1200 in part-time hours in a week stealing copper from housing tracts under construction.

Illegal? *** yes! But our cops are fat and slow and only shoot you if you're brown.
Don't even have to go that route to make more money than that. Electronic / computer junk is where it's at. Obsolete TVs, computers, electronic equipment, etc. just pile up in people's basements or what have you since aren't allowed to throw them out. People are happy just to get the stuff out of their houses.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-22 16:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

But our cops are fat and slow

Stealing this from another thread:
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-22 16:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Outliers exist. Fortunately I never encountered one.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 16:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

But our cops are fat and slow

Stealing this from another thread:
Somebody get that cop a box of donuts.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-22 16:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair that cop was snorting crystal meth all day before work.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-22 16:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that the Rust Belt is basically just a graveyard for American industry is a symptom of greater problems. It's the widening gap between the rich and the poor, and the shrinking middle class, that are truly worrisome. Social mobility in America is a thing of the past, and access to things like quality education, medical care, modern infrastructure, and so on has become restricted to a smaller group of people.

We are becoming more like a heavily-armed third-world nation. But I don't think you did a great job elaborating the "how".
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 16:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

The fact that the Rust Belt is basically just a graveyard for American industry is a symptom of greater problems. It's the widening gap between the rich and the poor, and the shrinking middle class, that are truly worrisome. Social mobility in America is a thing of the past, and access to things like quality education, medical care, modern infrastructure, and so on has become restricted to a smaller group of people.

We are becoming more like a heavily-armed third-world nation. But I don't think you did a great job elaborating the "how".
Thanks, I think we all needed that laugh.

The only thing that is shrinking is the working class. When you live in a nation where you make more money producing children than to work full time, that is when the working class starts to shrink.

Plus, I don't know what you are smoking, but every American has access to quality education and medical care. To say otherwise just shows how little you know.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 17:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, more verifiable lies.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-22 17:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm offensive and I find this very Belarus.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-22 17:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When you live in a nation where you make more money producing children than to work full time, that is when the working class starts to shrink.
You can't support this.
but every American has access to quality education and medical care
Delusional. The word quality doesn't belong in that statement.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-22 17:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

America's education is a wreck. It's one of the main reasons I've decided not to have kids unless I'm wealthy enough to find a private school (In other words, my blood dies with me).

Between Common Core pushing out critical thinking in favor of linear direction based task managing, to opting into the TumblrTard professional victim SJW "White people are the devil" attitude, we're better off not putting our kids in school for the next generation.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-22 17:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm homeschooling my child, have known that for awhile.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11