U.S. Poll:Obama Worst President In Modern Times

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » U.S. poll:Obama worst president in modern times
U.S. poll:Obama worst president in modern times
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-31 04:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Retracted, this thread was de-mained.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-31 07:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Was demained to keep hurt feelings from showing up everywhere.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-31 11:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Was demained to keep hurt feelings from showing up everywhere.
Hurt feelings hurt man! Can't have that in this modern age of glory.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-07-31 18:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Im sure this will be just a pissing thread among half the ppl in here. Maybe we will get lucky and they will stay here'

Quote:

U.S. poll: more voters see Obama as worst president in modern times

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two years into President Barack Obama's second term, more voters say they are dissatisfied with his administration's handling of everything from the economy to foreign policy, giving him the worst marks of any modern U.S. president, a poll on Wednesday said.

In a survey of 1,446 registered voters, 33 percent said Obama was the worst president since World War Two, while 28 percent pointed to his predecessor, George W. Bush, as the worst, the poll by Quinnipiac University found.

Voters were split over which of the two most recent presidents has done a better job with 39 percent saying Obama has been a better president than Bush and, 40 percent saying Obama is worse.

Most voters said Ronald Reagan, who served two terms in the 1980s, was the best president since 1945, the survey showed.

"Over the span of 69 years of American history and 12 presidencies, President Barack Obama finds himself with President George W. Bush at the bottom of the popularity barrel," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of Quinnipiac University's polling unit.

While Obama's job approval rating has inched higher to 40 percent, up from 38 percent in December, more voters gave him largely negative marks in key areas: the economy, foreign policy, healthcare and terrorism, according to the poll.

On the environment, 50 percent gave Obama positive marks.

The telephone survey, taken June 24 to June 30, had a margin of error of plus or minus 2.6 percentage points.

Source

Surely Bush "Dubya" is the worst leader in history, ever. He couldn't even put a sentence together without sounding batshit crazy or high.

Skip to 1:40 for the most epic Bush Moment -
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-31 18:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You know Obama is bad when the only retort Democrats have is "But George W. Bush!"

Obama did do a good job of honoring the Marine Corpse though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-31 18:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad we've decided Obama is the worst president ever, surely that will affect my day to day life and the future of this country.

I mean, Congress is running so efficiently I can hear the legislation purring.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-31 18:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I also like how liberals deflect to bigger issues anytime there's a minor thing going on that they don't like. I'm sure if the poll were something negative about Dubya they'd be trying to change the issue to Congress.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-07-31 18:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

worst president ever because he's black amarite 'murica?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-31 18:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
worst president ever because he's black amarite 'murica?

Let's pull the race card every time Obama sucks at his job, amarite?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-31 18:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Republicans should stop mentioning his race and coddling racists.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-31 18:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Yeah, it's the Republicans always mentioning his race. You know, like Samuel L. Jackson coming out and saying that he voted for Obama because he was black. Or the media praising the "first black president". Yup. It's totally the Republicans pulling the race card.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-31 18:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, Obama will most likely be remembered as a mediocre president who broke the color barrier and tussled with a locked Congress. Oh and spymaster pew pew pew goes the brown people in the middle east.

Bush will be remembered for Iraq, torture and being a complete moron who says if you aren't with us, you're with the turrrists. Also, Darth Cheney and bankrupting the country on two wars.

So, ***brown or puke green? Your choice.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-31 18:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Yeah, it's the Republicans always mentioning his race. You know, like Samuel L. Jackson coming out and saying that he voted for Obama because he was black. Or the media praising the "first black president". Yup. It's totally the Republicans pulling the race card.

He's the first black president, how exactly is that the race card? Samuel L. Jackson is free to vote for whoever he wants based on whatever criteria, just like you.

If you want to vote on race, you can. Is it wise? Probably not.

Anyhow, Sam isn't a decision maker and he isn't rallying crowds of old white blowhards to oust the president because he 'isn't one of us' and he definitely wasn't the people behind calling him African Muslim and actually running campaigns on that trash. As if being an African Muslim is something wrong in a country that champions equality. Bash the president on the issues, not on his religion or race.

I'll give you that most black people voted for Obama as a gesture of overcoming the tremendous barriers erected by America over hundreds of years (racism bros!) and to fulfill the dream of the late civil rights leaders like Malcolm X and MLK. But they'd have voted Democrat either way because the Republican party and blacks might as well be on two different planets. It isn't a Republican rally without bashing blacks or trashing hispanics. lol

Do they feel Obama has done a good job since being elected? Well, might wanna sit down and talk with people. You just might be surprised.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-31 18:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I talk with people all the time. I still haven't met many people who think he's done a good job. Also, if it's totally okay to vote for someone because of their race, it's equally okay to vote against someone because of their race. No wait, it's only okay to discriminate against whites, I forgot.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-31 18:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I talk with people all the time. I still haven't met many people who think he's done a good job. Also, if it's totally okay to vote for someone because of their race, it's equally okay to vote against someone because of their race. No wait, it's only okay to discriminate against whites, I forgot.

Allow me to play the worlds smallest violin for white america who have had 43 white male american presidents as leader of a country that claims itself as the place where 'anyone can make it'. Truly, the whole world is discriminating rather than pointing out the failings of a system established to perpetuate white superiority. And if I'm lying, go consult the statistics and the history.

You also clearly have no context if you don't understand why black america would rally behind the first democratic african american presidential candidate in a country that no less than 60 years ago denied them many of the basic rights afforded to white americans. Psst, it's called the fulfillment of what was once considered a pipe dream, not racism against any white candidate.

Also, McCain was a ***candidate with his shitshow vice presidential choice which made it only easier to pull the lever for 'bam. See the sequel where people voted 'bam again because Romney is literally a robot and hates 'dem poor people.

Many black americans (see: Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson et al) didn't even believe Obama could win and had thrown their support behind Hilary Clinton. Seems like a wise thing to do if you're trying to establish a racist agenda.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-31 18:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, so it's totally okay to vote for someone based on the color of their skin over their credentials to be leader of one of the most powerful nations on earth simply because we haven't had someone of that race yet. Please tell me which side is coddling the racists again. I thought we were all equal and race didn't matter, but that just must be the stupid conservative in me talking.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-31 18:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, so it's totally okay to vote for someone based on the color of their skin over their credentials to be leader of one of the most powerful nations on earth simply because we haven't had someone of that race yet. Please tell me which side is coddling the racists again. I thought we were all equal and race didn't matter, but that just must be the stupid conservative in me talking.

The only people who say race doesn't matter are delusional conservatives dosing on 'Murica. Reality and history dictate we aren't equal and liberal ideology is generally to address and correct this inequality between the races. Your milage may vary from there.

Again, I already said most blacks voted Bam based on history and the fulfillment of a legacy, the legacy of civil rights. Do you even history, bro? However this is the same demographic that votes Democratic at nearly a 95% rate so I don't really see what you're barking about here. They voted Kerry at near the same numbers, backed Clinton and voted Bam predictably. It just so happened Bam was black.

When you see bands of black people waving racist Confederate flags, hanging chairs with a mock president, going on FOX news and throwing out racial bait and going to rallies where words like lynch, shuck 'n jive and affirmative action get thrown around, page me.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-07-31 19:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Right because the republicans put Bush in office for his 4 year plan and strong political acumen?

I thought the Republicans had hit rock bottom with Bush, but then they went SSJ trying to put lolSarah Pallin in office. The tea-party, that's just another chapter in the crazy republican story... seriously I love republicans, you guys remind me of what it was like to be 10 years old.

Anyone who inherited Bush's mess would have had their hands full.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-31 19:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not because he's black, but because he was a Muslim as a little kid. Also it could be the fact that his biggest mentor in politics was Frank Marshall Davis who's political views were let's say controversial.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-31 20:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Right because the republicans put Bush in office for his 4 year plan and strong political acumen?

I thought the Republicans had hit rock bottom with Bush, but then they went SSJ trying to put lolSarah Pallin in office. The tea-party, that's just another chapter in the crazy republican story... seriously I love republicans, you guys remind me of what it was like to be 10 years old.

Aaaand we're back to Bush. Huge surprise there. The reason Bush got in was due to a similar problem that we're still having today: crappy candidates. Even as bad as Bush was, he won presidential bids against a robot and Mumm-Ra. And enough with this inheriting Bush's mess crap. Obama voted to sustain a lot of the things liberals were complaining about with Bush and he had two years of controlling Congress to do something about the other stuff but squandered the opportunity.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-31 20:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Claims that Davis was a political influence on Obama were made by Jerome Corsi in his anti-Obama book The Obama Nation.[38] A rebuttal released by Obama's presidential campaign, entitled Unfit for Publication, disputes those claims about the nature of their relationship.[35]
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 21:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaaand we're back to Bush. Huge surprise there. The reason Bush got in was due to a similar problem that we're still having today: crappy candidates. Even as bad as Bush was, he won presidential bids against a robot and Mumm-Ra. And enough with this inheriting Bush's mess crap. Obama voted to sustain a lot of the things liberals were complaining about with Bush and he had two years of controlling Congress to do something about the other stuff but squandered the opportunity.

I think you underestimate Mum-Ra's game.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-01 01:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Quote:
Claims that Davis was a political influence on Obama were made by Jerome Corsi in his anti-Obama book The Obama Nation.[38] A rebuttal released by Obama's presidential campaign, entitled Unfit for Publication, disputes those claims about the nature of their relationship.[35]
Except for the fact that Obama refers to him as Uncle Frank in his audio book that was released and later omitted afterwards. No need for [#s] from Wikipedia on this one.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-01 01:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In his memoir Dreams from My Father, Barack Obama mentions a friend of his grandfather named Frank, who was later identified as Davis.[35] Davis told Obama that he and Stanley (Obama's maternal grandfather) both had grown up only 50 miles apart, near Wichita, although they did not meet until Hawaii. He described the way race relations were back then, including Jim Crow, and his view that there had been little progress since then. As Obama remembered, "It made me smile, thinking back on Frank and his old Black Power, dashiki self. In some ways he was as incurable as my mother, as certain in his faith, living in the same sixties time warp that Hawaii had created."[36] Obama also remembered Frank later in life when he took a job in South Chicago as a community organizer and took some time one day to visit the areas where Frank had lived and wrote in his book, "I imagined Frank in a baggy suit and wide lapels, standing in front of the old Regal Theatre, waiting to see Duke or Ella emerge from a gig."[37]
Either way, means nothing and is about as relevant as his race.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-01 01:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to be contrary, but anyone who voted for either candidate wasn't voting for someone based on their credentials. 2012 was almost purely an emotional vote.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-01 02:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Not to be contrary, but anyone who voted for either candidate wasn't voting for someone based on their credentials. 2012 was almost purely an emotional vote.

[+]
By Voren 2014-08-01 03:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

I thought it was more or less picking the lesser of two evils.

I pissed and moaned about the choices, someone told me to write someone in, that would be outstanding IF Oklahoma allowed for that, alas we don't. It's pick A, B, or gtfo.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-01 07:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget, when Hillary runs for president, you are a sexist to not vote for her, just like you are a racist for not voting for Obama.

So, vote for Hillary to prove that you are not a sexist, and if you vote for the other guy because you think s/he would be a better leader, then you are obviously sexist.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 10:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, Obama will most likely be remembered as a mediocre president who broke the color barrier and tussled with a locked Congress. Oh and spymaster pew pew pew goes the brown people in the middle east.

Bush will be remembered for Iraq, torture and being a complete moron who says if you aren't with us, you're with the turrrists. Also, Darth Cheney and bankrupting the country on two wars.

So, ***brown or puke green? Your choice.

This is a joke right? Mediocre? He will be remembered as the one who governed on the premise of taking the US down a few pegs. Giving America it's just desserts cause you know, the reason we're at the top is cause we're keeping everyone else is at the bottom.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 10:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Either way, means nothing and is about as relevant as his race.

C'mon Pleebo, even you can't really believe that his race isn't relevant?

It's the lynch pin for his victim hood presidency. He stands up and says 'Everyone opposes me..." and rest of the propaganda arm (liberal media) finishes the sentence with '...because he's black'.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8