Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Transfer to Bahamut, you know you wanna
Transfer to Bahamut, you know you wanna
 Carbuncle.Laili
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Syna
By Carbuncle.Laili 2014-07-30 21:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

you know i will say their is nothing wrong with my server but i'm just gonna say is that i also an a returning player and slowly working on getting my gear up to date BUT it seems like to get new things you have to have some new gear to join the run's...like i have all my jobs leveled WAY before the game became watered down where it seems like the abyssea babies...like the ones who burned the jobs and instantly know all about the job to 99 and didn't take the time to learn the job fully now seem like they run the game...that's like a few weeks ago their was a shout in port jeuno and they needed a corsair and i know my corsair and i play the job well and know and use gear swap i use AF1 Relic and Empy gear and other items for swaping and well i got turned down all cause i didn't have no ilevel gear...and i was like REALLY!?...i know their are ways to get upgrades for gear but how am i suppose to get new weapons or upgrade gear faster if i can not join a run i find it kind of stupid IMO so i really looking to maybe change servers soon
By Jetackuu 2014-07-30 22:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Nobody go to Bahamut!

I heard that Ravael is there....
oh he is.
By Luvbunny1 2014-07-30 22:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Laili said: »
How am i suppose to get new weapons or upgrade gear faster if i can not join a run i find it kind of stupid IMO so i really looking to maybe change servers soon

Very easy simple solution, you already have THE job, which is Corsair, here are your steps:
1. Farm Sparks, get your Trust NPC, grab some level 117 Spark gears, weapons, bullets, corsair ring, accessories. Extremely accessible.
2. Start doing Courier Coalition task to rank up max daily, should take 2 weeks till you can do Marjami Delivery. Grab a few other level 117 Bayld gears, choose range accuracy, range attack, etc.
3. With a mix of those level 117 Sparks + Bayld gears, start shouting or joining SKCNM 20 shouts, grab your Chapters 1-5, start upgrading your Relic + Artifact = choose the ones you think its best. Also do Skirmish party, you should be more than qualified.
4. Start joining shouts for AA, you should be totally fine for this with your 109-117 mix gears especially if you have all your weapon skills unlocked. This will let you get 119 on some of your pieces, you can also redeem your Sparks for Chapters 6-10 if necessary.
5. Now you can join Delve 1 and farm plasm and get those few 119 stuffs you can use. And join Delve 2 afterwards and grab a few other 119 gears and augment them accordingly.

It should take roughly a month or so playing casually to gear your Corsair. Even less if that is the only thing you do. You can probably join Delve 1 with a mix of 109-117 gears immediately. Delve 2 is ok if all you do is full on support with occasional damage, but may be under geared at 109-117. Most Delve 1 party is consisting of 2DDs, Whm, Brd, Sch and Cor.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-30 22:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bunny, y I no see you on?
By Luvbunny1 2014-07-30 22:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bunny, y I no see you on?
LOL Taking a break from FFXI - until they finally do something with other support jobs such as RDM, GEO, SMN, and COR. As well as adjusting RUNE to be just as good as PLD and actually swappable. Right now, even after the update during the last few months, Princess Bard still rules them all when it comes to support jobs. And you will have a hell of a hard time trying to convince your group that you really do not need Bard to clear end game content. It will never happen, you still NEED. MUST. HAVE Bard or everyone die horrible death lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rutman
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rutman
By Lakshmi.Rutman 2014-07-31 06:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I took your advise and transferred to Bahamut and I was even able to get my friend to come along (I was going to transfer anyway but figured I would give you the credit since you started this post). Any suggestions on an active social linkshell we might be able to get into? Any help would be appreciated.
By Luvbunny1 2014-07-31 17:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You should ask Soraishin for pearl? LOL Murisia also has a good solid social LS with some endgame stuffs. And she will probably let you experiment more with NOT jobs XYZ set up on most events.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-31 18:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can handle some weird goat talks, hit up Sladeqp n Empryean.
By Luvbunny1 2014-07-31 19:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought he stops recruiting? And yes plenty of Goat talks and other non PC offensive stuffs going on :)
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-31 19:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »

I thought he stops recruiting? And yes plenty of Goat talks and other non PC offensive stuffs going on :)
Just took a random guy the other day, and he already seems to fit in well, was surprised.

Honestly I spend most of my time to myself, and haven't really touched EG content (of what's current), I've done a few dynas with some members, that's about it. Mostly due to that I don't want to hold them back, and my gear suuuucks.