Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-02 12:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Whatever, you guys are the ones in favor of a Minimum wage to begin with. I still think we should get rid of it and let the market sort out wages.

Zicdeh for president!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-02 12:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ohh we're back to minimum wage talks.

I guess the Obama economy is so awful that we've abandoned the hope of making better and more specialized jobs in favor of trying to be able to live comfortably on jobs no one is supposed to live comfortably on.

Yes. We. Can.
I'm sure that if you say that most studies show that raising minimum wages will decrease the number of jobs out there as "false cause fallacy" also.

And then demand research on that.

More energy wasted in the wrong place IMO, I'm unsure as to the origins of this particular form of misanthropy, but it just serves as more evidence that liberals would rather spread the misery of an awful economy rather than enable prosperity through opportunity.
Prosperity is a dirty word for them, because it signifies freedoms from control. They rather keep people down with excuses like "You're black, the evil Republicans say that you can't do anything with your life," or "You're a woman, the evil Republicans only consider you as an incubator" or "You should be able to decide for yourself, let us do that for you!"
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-02 12:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever, you guys are the ones in favor of a Minimum wage to begin with. I still think we should get rid of it and let the market sort out wages.

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Only thing that bugs me about the Minimum Wage article on Forbes is that they take people earning exactly, or below the minimum wage. If someone is paid 5c more than minimum wage, they're not included in the numbers. (Though the writer happily includes numbers from higher brackets when it coincides with his agenda)

Minimum wage increase makes low-level jobs competitive with some high demand jobs that pay just a bit more. For example, Low-level health care workers for example who make something like $10 an hour, would you rather sweep a shop for $10/hr or wipe someone's *** with Hepatitis for $10 an hour?

learn a trade that doesn't require you to do either?

Typical response of someone afraid to confront a question. Get back to me when you have the ability to think critically.
What do you suggest a janitor make per hour?

Or, as you call it, a Low-level health care worker? One without any medical education at all.

Or a fast-food cook?

Or an unfriendly cashier?

Or a car washer?

Also, do you realize that, if you increase their wages to $15 per hour, the cost of living will also increase at a higher rate? Perfect examples are most of California and NYC, where minimum wage is higher than the federal minimum, but the costs of living are much higher than areas where the minimum wage is the federal minimum.

Quit putting words in my mouth, I never said or suggested any of that. Reading Comprehension [do you need it?]
Are you feeling ok?

I questioning your mental state, as you think I'm putting words in your mouth by asking questions.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-02 12:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
More energy wasted in the wrong place IMO, I'm unsure as to the origins of this particular form of misanthropy, but it just serves as more evidence that liberals would rather spread the misery of an awful economy rather than enable prosperity through opportunity.

Too bad it doesn't trump the fact that conservatives prefer to do nothing about the economy, as seen by their elected officials in Washington. Nice try tho. You guys really suck at labeling.
Doing nothing is preferable over completely and actively destroying the economy by stupidity (the liberal method).
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-02 12:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We should actually do a system of voluntary patronage. Worker(s) work for a wealthy patron, and in exchange for said work, the wealthy patron simply provides food and shelter. It's not like the minimum wage was livable anyway, not only does the standard of living increase under this system, but it also cuts out the middle man. Plus no taxes for the working class.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-02 12:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Vic, I needed that laugh today (it is "Monday" after all)...

it's monday # 2 aka tuesday
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-02 12:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing that bugs me about the Minimum Wage article on Forbes is that they take people earning exactly, or below the minimum wage. If someone is paid 5c more than minimum wage, they're not included in the numbers. (Though the writer happily includes numbers from higher brackets when it coincides with his agenda)

Minimum wage increase makes low-level jobs competitive with some high demand jobs that pay just a bit more. For example, Low-level health care workers for example who make something like $10 an hour, would you rather sweep a shop for $10/hr or wipe someone's *** with Hepatitis for $10 an hour?

learn a trade that doesn't require you to do either?

Typical response of someone afraid to confront a question. Get back to me when you have the ability to think critically.
What do you suggest a janitor make per hour?

Or, as you call it, a Low-level health care worker? One without any medical education at all.

Or a fast-food cook?

Or an unfriendly cashier?

Or a car washer?

Also, do you realize that, if you increase their wages to $15 per hour, the cost of living will also increase at a higher rate? Perfect examples are most of California and NYC, where minimum wage is higher than the federal minimum, but the costs of living are much higher than areas where the minimum wage is the federal minimum.

Quit putting words in my mouth, I never said or suggested any of that. Reading Comprehension [do you need it?]
Are you feeling ok?

I questioning your mental state, as you think I'm putting words in your mouth by asking questions.

Typical conservative attitude. I'm going to misrepresent your position, then pretend like I'm "Asking the tough questions." Grow up.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-02 12:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus no taxes for the working class.

IRS beat you to it (see box 7).

*Disclaimer* This was the best looking 1099-B I could find in an image file....
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-02 12:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Vic, I needed that laugh today (it is "Monday" after all)...

it's monday # 2 aka tuesday
Yeah but a Tuesday following a holiday is a Monday in disguise.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-02 12:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Typical conservative attitude. I'm going to misrepresent your position, then pretend like I'm "Asking the tough questions." Grow up.
Those are tough questions? Seemed like simple ones to me.

But good job deflecting the issue.

(inb4 "quit putting words in my mouth" argument again)
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-02 12:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are tough questions? Seemed like simple ones to me.

But good job deflecting the issue.

(inb4 "quit putting words in my mouth" argument again)

The only issue is the one you artificially created, but thanks for playing the game, I needed a good laugh.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-02 12:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad it doesn't trump the fact that conservatives prefer to do nothing about the economy, as seen by their elected officials in Washington. Nice try tho. You guys really suck at labeling.
Doing nothing is preferable over completely and actively destroying the economy by stupidity (the liberal method).
First off, they don't run anything. Secondly they've passed numerous bills out of the house that the senate has tabled. It's really funny when Liberals blame the "do nothing republicans" when they literally don't control any of the three branches. Just another mechanism to portray Obama as powerless.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-02 12:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus no taxes for the working class.

IRS beat you to it (see box 7).

*Disclaimer* This was the best looking 1099-B I could find in an image file....

Like any good conservative, I don't acknowledge the federal government.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-02 12:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, they don't run anything. Secondly they've passed numerous bills out of the house that the senate has tabled. It's really funny when Liberals blame the "do nothing republicans" when they literally don't control any of the three branches. Just another mechanism to portray Obama as powerless.
It gives Obama an excuse to use "executive orders" to create laws, and the liberals lap it up because it benefits them the most.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-09-02 13:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice try, but its factual that this is the least productive House ever under Boehner's leadership. And the partisan bills they have passed have indeed died their deserved death, not a single good partisan bill has come from the House. Ready for another GOP shutdown next month? Its gonna happen. And its going to be really funny watching you try to blame Obama again.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-02 13:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

the stock market is up 81% in the last five years so... somebody is doing something for someone right....
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-02 13:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

the stock market is up 81% in the last five years so... somebody is doing something for someone right....

It's because of Obama.

Or do we not get to say any loosely related corresponding events in time are Obama's fault if they could be seen as positive? I forgot the Obama rules again.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-02 13:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice try, but its factual that this is the least productive House ever under Boehner's leadership. And the partisan bills they have passed have indeed died their deserved death, not a single good partisan bill has come from the House. Ready for another GOP shutdown next month? Its gonna happen. And its going to be really funny watching you try to blame Obama again.

Right, being conservative = partisan. Being Liberal = not partisan because reasons.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-02 13:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because of Obama.

Or do we not get to say any loosely related corresponding events in time are Obama's fault if they could be seen as positive? I forgot the Obama rules again.

if it's good news we ignore it and keep fighting over whose fault the bad things are.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-02 13:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither Liberal or Conservative are partisan. They're sweeping categories. Democrat and Republican are the words you're looking for.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-09-02 13:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, being conservative = partisan. Being Liberal = not partisan because reasons.

Thats not what I said at all. Partisan = 1 party's support. Does that really need to be explained?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-02 13:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because of Obama.

Because of Ben Bernanke and (technically) Janet Yellen.

And Quantitative Easing....

Because be prepared to see up to half of the stock market lose it's value almost immediately after the QE gravy train stops running.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-02 14:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Neither Liberal or Conservative are partisan. They're sweeping categories. Democrat and Republican are the words you're looking for.

every time someone says partisan I think of this guy

Stjepan_Stevo Filipović Yugoslavian Partisan
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-02 14:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

awesome, but he probably just should have kept quiet & waited for the russians.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-02 14:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
How do you escape debt slavery from a debt based economy?
Don't borrow money and live beyond your means in the first place.

On the topic of slavery:

Here is a good source on other methods of resistance, including escaping. One author estimates that the number of escaped slaves exceeded 100k.

Since there was no actual recordkeeping of the number of escaped slaves, we will never know how many of them actually escaped.

It is very possible that the number of escaped slaves were never recorded to prevent statistics from going between slaves to see that not only is it possible, but highly likely that escape would be successful. The best way to keep people in line is to limit their knowledge of the environment they live in.

Dude, if you choose to keep digging, people will continue to hound you mercilessly. Stop posting random crap to try and validate your misstep.
Is that a sign that you finally figured out that your argument is invalid?

They say that the first step of correcting a problem is to acknowledge it exists in the first place....

It's more like, "move on so you can say something else that's moronic and we can all laugh at you for that". Gotta keep things fresh.
Ok, here's something moronic for you.

I completely believe that you have a business degree. I also believe that you know more about businesses than I do.

I even added sarcasm tags for you to realize the stupidity of both statements.

Like most things, reality doesn't require you to believe for it to be real.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-02 14:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
How do you escape debt slavery from a debt based economy?
Don't borrow money and live beyond your means in the first place.

On the topic of slavery:

Here is a good source on other methods of resistance, including escaping. One author estimates that the number of escaped slaves exceeded 100k.

Since there was no actual recordkeeping of the number of escaped slaves, we will never know how many of them actually escaped.

It is very possible that the number of escaped slaves were never recorded to prevent statistics from going between slaves to see that not only is it possible, but highly likely that escape would be successful. The best way to keep people in line is to limit their knowledge of the environment they live in.

Dude, if you choose to keep digging, people will continue to hound you mercilessly. Stop posting random crap to try and validate your misstep.
Is that a sign that you finally figured out that your argument is invalid?

They say that the first step of correcting a problem is to acknowledge it exists in the first place....

It's more like, "move on so you can say something else that's moronic and we can all laugh at you for that". Gotta keep things fresh.
Ok, here's something moronic for you.

I completely believe that you have a business degree. I also believe that you know more about businesses than I do.

I even added sarcasm tags for you to realize the stupidity of both statements.

Like most things, reality doesn't require you to believe for it to be real.
Wait, did you, in your attempt to insult me, instead demeaned yourself?

For you, the reality is that you don't have a business degree nor understand business practices, that is exactly what you just said.

Good counter! Keep those up!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-02 14:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Reality is that I can see the degree as I'm typing this, it's framed and hanging on my wall. It doesn't require your belief to validate it. And whether you agree with my assessments or tactics in business is irrelevant, as I'm the one with the business degree and you're an accountant. You're the kind of guy that argues with the mechanic about what's wrong with your car because you don't like his answer, that doesn't make you right, it makes you a dumbass.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-02 14:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Reality is that I can see the degree as I'm typing this, it's framed and hanging on my wall. It doesn't require your belief to validate it.
Reality isn't a motivation poster.....

You're the kind of guy that argues with the mechanic about what's wrong with your car because you don't like his answer, that doesn't make you right, it makes you a dumbass.
Good assumption. But like everything else you say, it is completely wrong.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-02 14:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It must be a headtrip to be so smug while being such a tard.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-02 14:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Reality is that I can see the degree as I'm typing this, it's framed and hanging on my wall. It doesn't require your belief to validate it. And whether you agree with my assessments or tactics in business is irrelevant, as I'm the one with the business degree and you're an accountant. You're the kind of guy that argues with the mechanic about what's wrong with your car because you don't like his answer, that doesn't make you right, it makes you a dumbass.

Oh c'mon, like you not any microscopic bit of the troll you think he is...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 1375 1376 1377