Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 916 917 918 ... 1375 1376 1377

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 16:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
I accused you of being partisan because IMO in your mind this has to be about that because you are set on what I am to you.

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Would you care if GWB or another prominent Republican figure did the same thing?

This^ is all this is about.
And I accused you of being partisan because of your lack of caring about the security of this nation based on the person who essentially broke the law.

But hey, it's Clinton, she deserves another pass, right?

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-04 16:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I do hope this is random enough....

President Obama Got Diddled By A Fish, Y’all
Wonkette

Quote:
Barack Obama visited the Alaskan fishing village of Dillingham Wednesday, where he sampled some salmon jerky, talked to the residents about climate change, and met an amorous salmon which*** all over his mukluks. The fish’s negligent discharge occurred while the president was getting a look at the villagers’ traditional fishing methods; after holding up one fine specimen that he pronounced “a nice-looking fish right there,” Obama was invited to grab a second fish, which had apparently been waiting for this moment since the 2008 primaries. With one mighty Piscean ejaculation, the salmon instantly supplanted the National Review’s “little starbursts” for Sarah Palin as the most excessive declaration of love for a politician.

Needless to say, the incident was captured for eternity on video (NSFW: Fish sperms and dorsal fin nudity)
YouTube Video Placeholder

Quote:
CBS News described the seminal moment of Obama’s Alaska trip in the most delicate of language:
Quote:
[T]he second fish he held began squirting a steady stream of liquid toward his feet.

“Uh-oh, what’s happening there?” He asked a woman standing nearby. She explained to him that the fish was spawning.

The president yelled over to the press, “Did you see that? Something got on my shoes. He was spawning a little bit, which — generally you don’t want fish spawning on your feet.”

Then he relayed a message from one of the women who was showing him the fish nets.

“She said he was happy to see me,” the president said.
Barry Bamz just has that effect sometimes, even on fish. The salmon’s enthusiastic support was in marked contrast to the embarrassing scene at a Mississippi fish farm, where a catfish recently reacted to Jeb Bush by quietly closing its gills and expiring with a muddy, resigned burble.

Asked for comment, Donald Trump said that he was not impressed.

Quote:
So a fish came on his shoes. Big deal. That’s nothing. When I go into a deli, the Nova Lox can’t stop ejaculating all over the place. When I’m on my yacht, bottlenose dolphins are always jumping up on the deck and begging me to masturbate them, which I always decline, but they can’t seem to get enough of me. Magnificent fish or marine mammals, they say, and I feel bad for them, I really do, but it would be wrong. I can’t even walk past the tuna aisle without a third of the cans bursting in sheer ecstasy. Don’t talk to me about making fish orgasm. I will be the greatest fish ejaculating President God has ever created, and it will be beautiful.
Yr Wonkette would like to thank the people and wildlife of Alaska; we have been waiting all year to write the phrase “fish splooge on the President’s shoes.”
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 16:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I accused you of being partisan because IMO in your mind this has to be about that because you are set on what I am to you.

Would you care if GWB or another prominent Republican figure did the same thing?

This^ is all this is about.
And I accused you of being partisan because of your lack of caring about the security of this nation based on the person who essentially broke the law.

But hey, it's Clinton, she deserves another pass, right?

Has she been indicted?
Should she be indicted?

But we all know Lynch will not indict her.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-04 16:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
You have your own thread. Don't pollute this one with that filth.
I honestly thought you would like that one King.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-04 16:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, you two...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 16:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer was no.
Great partisan answer. Can you elaborate, or will you just say "Because Obama said so"?

I honestly thought you would like King.
No, not really. Why should I like seeing anything from Wonkette?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-04 16:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer was no because she hasn't been indicted. Are you done getting your emotions out over this yet?
But you did say that she shouldn't be indited. You still haven't given your reason behind why she shouldn't, well, besides the reason because you are a partisan hack.

I am more impartial by far
If you mean more impartial compared to others on this website, you are incorrect.

You are as partial as Chanti and Vic...

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-04 16:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly thought you would like that one King.
No, not really. Why should I like seeing anything from Wonkette?
Because its mildly embarrassing for Obama.

Also from my disclaimer in the Wonkette thread:

Quote:
I will continue to post their tirades against the right in Random P&R when appropriate but their rants against fools will be posted here.
By Aelius 2015-09-04 16:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg and spicyryan sitting in a tree...

*calls fire department and repeatedly has them blasted by a fire hose*

Simmer down you two.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-09-04 17:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The indictment process typically benefits from the accused having actually disobeyed the law.
Quote:
CUOMO[Chris Cuomo, CNN news anchor]: Understood, but it is your department and it is your policy, and it would be within your purview to say whether or not her practice met your policy. Can you?

KIRBY[State Department Spokesman John Kirby]: Well, we have said in the past, Chris, there was no policy prohibiting the use of a private e-mail account here at the State Department. That is still a fact. Now, we obviously have policies in place now that highly discourage that, and you're supposed to use your government account so there's a constant, permanent record of it. But at the time she was not violating policy.

CUOMO: Even though there was a change in 2009 and that would have overlapped?

KIRBY: As I said, at the time when she was secretary of state there was no prohibition to her use of a private e-mail.
And in a separate press conference:
Quote:
QUESTION: But in this case here, we’re talking about thousands and thousands of emails, not just one little bit of slippage.

MR KIRBY: Well, we’re doing – we’re talking thousands of email traffic. And again, I think you need to keep it in perspective the number of emails in this tranche, anyway, that were deemed to have at least partially sensitive or classified material in it – 25 out of thousands. I mean, I think it’s important to keep that in perspective. And again, just because it’s classified now doesn’t mean that it necessarily would’ve been classified then, and even if it would have been or should have been then doesn’t mean that the recipients or the people transmitting the information had the benefit of that knowledge.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-09-04 17:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Gay fish hahahaha
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-04 19:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Gay fish hahahaha
Well I'm glad someone appreciates it. /laugh
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-04 19:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Rick Perry: Even Dumber Than You Thought. No, Even Dumber. No, Even DUMBER.
Wonkette

Quote:
We’re just going to keep begging for someone — anyone, please, anyone at all — to make it stop for poor, dumb BUT LIKE REALLY DUMB Rick Perry. Please.

See, on Thursday afternoon, Donald J. Trump, of the Donald J. Trump empire, and also of the Republican presidential primary ***, speeched all over the TV, as he loves to do, about how he is Donald J. Trump, and you’re not. And that all those weak loser Republican candidates he’s supposedly competing against, but really kicking their butts so it’s like it’s not even a competition, DEFINITELY are not. And when they try to come at Donald J. Trump as if they are Donald J. Trump, they just end up hurting themselves. Hell, Trump said, look at Rick Perry, he tried to whip his mean out at Trump, and now he’s not even in the race anymore!

“Perry attacked me,” Trump said, “now he’s getting out of the race! He was at 4 or 5 percent. Now he’s getting out of the race — he was at zero.”

This was news to Rick Perry, who thinks he is TOO still in the race, even though the rest of the world knows that nah, dude, not really. But, despite our pleas for mercy, nobody has the big classy balls to tell Perry the truth — except for Trump, of course!

So Perry, who happened to be scheduled to appear on Fox News for some reason, said, “No I am still running for president and Trump is a dumb stupid dummy.”

And no, you’re not the moron for not understanding what the flippity DO WHAT NOW HUH? Perry is even talking about. He’s just dumb. Super dumb. All kinds of dumb. Dumb and dumb and so dumb JESUS ON THE CROSS what a dumb! Just like how Trump said earlier this summer, when he joked — only he probably wasn’t joking at all — that Rick Perry is too damned dumb to be allowed on a debate stage:

So yeah, there you have it. Yr Wonkette and Donald J. Trump are the only ones brave enough to say what we’re all thinking, which is that Rick Perry’s playtime is over, even if he doesn’t realize it yet.

After Trump casually removed Rick Perry from the race, he also confirmed that yes, he has promised the Republican National Committee he totally won’t run as an independent candidate, even if the party gives the nomination to some low-energy loser like Jeb! Bush, who LITERALLY puts his audience to sleep when he drones words from his face. (Yes, literally. Actually literally.)

Like we said, Donald J. Trump’s loyalty oath pledge promise means basically nothing whatsoever, because he can do whatever he wants, and that piece of paper he signed means ZERO ZIP NOTHING. But also? At his current rate, he just might be the Republican nominee anyway, since he keeps kicking all the butts in all the polls. And then his “promise” really won’t matter at all.

Best. Republican primary. EVAH!
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-07 09:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

**obligatory Hillary rant**

I'm starting to really believe people, including democrats hate Hillary because she's a woman.

I was reading the comment section from the berniebots and trump acolytes on an NBC article, I noticed the one thing they both have in common is how they describe her as mean, emotionless, and/or stupid. Really degrading terms, worse than whats being used on Trump.

I kinda feel like she can't win with a certain group of male voters, conservative or liberal- they just can't have a woman telling them what to do. She's changed her tone significantly from the last primary. She's a lot more calm and mono-tone, whereas before I felt she was a lot more authoritarian.

I've never seen any of this language used to describe Bill Clinton either, which baffles me.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-07 10:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bill whether you agreed with him or not always came off as a nice, friendly and caring person. She does not.

It is not because she is a woman. She lacks charisma.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-07 11:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There may be cards stacked against women in politics. Some may have to be a bit more ruthless and cold blooded and perhaps can't "aw shucks" their way into office as easily. I'll give Hillary a pass for a portion of that as a benefit of the doubt, but I won't give her a pass for being incompetent and a blatantly obvious liar.

Not to mention the book that came out in the last year or so where it is mentioned that being assigned to her on Secret Service duty is considered punishment because of how horrible she is to them. And as a show that the guy who wrote the book isn't partisan, he mentions that, according to agents, the families of Obama and the Bushes are/were a pleasure to be around. I don't want a president who treats the people sworn to protect her like dirt.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-07 12:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
It is not because she is a woman. She lacks charisma.

How is she supposed to have "charisma" without coming across as nagging or lecturing? I watched the Iron Lady this week for the first time and i see some parallels between Maggie and Hillary. They constantly were on Margaret Thatcher about her voice. tone, how she dressed, her hair, etc. The best line from that movie was "you look like a privileged housewife." I mean she has the god-awful pant-suits, the im not interested in men anymore hair-cut, she's deviated pretty far from the typical First Lady attire.

After seeing the berniebots go after her for reasons that have nothing to do with her policies, I feel bad for the woman.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-07 12:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Going after politicians for something other than their policies is nothing new, although I agree it shouldn't be as bad as it is. It's not "poor old Hillary" though, she is known to have a bad temperament and is somewhat of an ice queen. Just because you like her for her immigration policies doesn't make her a good candidate in other areas and someone that needs protecting from the meanies on the internet.

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
How is she supposed to have "charisma" without coming across as nagging or lecturing?

Although, after this, I don't know if you know what the word "charisma" means.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-07 12:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It helps you charm wild monsters in FFXI? lol

I know what it means. The point I'm trying to make is that I don't think it matters if Hillary is smiling with baked cookies glued to her hands and singing the Star Spangled Banner in Spanish- it wouldn't matter.

Doesn't she need to be an ice queen to be taken seriously by men? That's the whole transformation women went through in corporate america with the shoulder pads and now opting out of their maternity leave(e.g. Yahoo CEO).

I'm not by any means using this as a means to justify her as a "good" candidate. More like why is she still getting the same round of Ice Queen jokes this round when she has significantly changed her demeanor.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-07 12:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It helps you charm wild monsters in FFXI? lol

I know what it means. The point I'm trying to make is that I don't think it matters if Hillary is smiling with baked cookies glued to her hands and singing the Star Spangled Banner in Spanish- it wouldn't matter.

Doesn't she need to be an ice queen to be taken seriously by men? That's the whole transformation women went through in corporate america with the shoulder pads and now opting out of their maternity leave(e.g. Yahoo CEO).

I'm not by any means using this as a means to justify her as a "good" candidate. More like why is she still getting the same round of Ice Queen jokes this round when she has significantly changed her demeanor.

Significantly changed her demeanor, or significantly changed her demeanor in front of the cameras? Quoting something here, referring to the book I mentioned earlier:

Quote:
An agent assigned to protect her said that when she was in front of the press she “turns it on, and when the lights are off and she’s away from the lights, she’s a totally different person.”

Again, not the craziest thing to hear about a politician, but if she's a phony and unlikable and even worse behind the scenes? Sheesh.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 916 917 918 ... 1375 1376 1377