Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 905 906 907 ... 1375 1376 1377
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-01 18:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bloodrose said: »
"Remember, if the women folk don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
I have been handier than many of the men in my life. Most of the women too. (In my life = circles of friends.)

I think that man goes through more duct tape in one show than I I have in my entire life. And I once had a job installing forced air heaters* into boats. The original use for duct tape is sealing forced air duct work.

*1970ish versions of that.

Uh, no, it's called duck tape because you use it to take feathers off ducks... duh.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-09-01 19:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Bloodrose said: »
"Remember, if the women folk don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
I have been handier than many of the men in my life. Most of the women too. (In my life = circles of friends.)

I think that man goes through more duct tape in one show than I I have in my entire life. And I once had a job installing forced air heaters* into boats. The original use for duct tape is sealing forced air duct work.

*1970ish versions of that.

Uh, no, it's called duck tape because you use it to take feathers off ducks... duh.

No, it's called duck tape because it's made from ducks.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-09-01 19:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Duck tape is a pretty amazing stuff.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-09-01 20:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got a diminishing middle class, and the only cure is more cowbell.

Why not? America seems to want a celebrity as president...
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-01 21:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Oh yeah, these morons are stupid enough to film themselves doing this stuff

Planned Parenthood?

Oh sorry, wrong topic.

Slightly off topic, but have you seen the comparisons between the full length video and the edited one that everyone was outraged about?

Yeah, and I don't condone fancy editing to make a point that isn't actually there. I also don't condone harvesting brains of aborted fetuses with their hearts still beating either, so....

So? What use do they have for them compared to good use they can be put to medically?

Heck, I'm sure I can use your brain for medical purposes. Can I cut you up to get it while it's fresh or would you rather wait until you're dead?

Organ donor here /

If/when I die, hopefully my organs can serve some useful purpose. Or at least make decent Wednesday afternoon lesson plan for medical students.

Donating their organs is about the only way most of the Democrat base can actually contribute to society.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 21:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone has to move society forward when others fail.

Then it's a good thing Obama's term is up soon so that we can start.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 21:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
King it doesn't say illegal, just immigrants.
Maybe you didn't read what I said:

The "following the law to the letter" side of me would point out that, by not following immigration laws themselves, it is a crime.

However, the "realistic" side of me would also counter with, if their "crime" is only not following immigration laws, why would it be a bother?
I did read it.

We do have legal immigrants. The vast majority of legal immagrants do follow immigration laws.
I never said that all immigrants are illegal. Again, you need to brush up on your reading comprehension. Or take your meds, either or.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 21:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone has to move society forward when others fail.

Then it's a good thing Obama's term is up soon so that we can start.

I wish our problems were as simple as one person.
I'll make sure to pull this quote next time you blame all of the world's ills on Bush and/or whoever the next Republican president will be.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-01 21:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda doubt you're going to hold onto a quote for another 8 years.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 21:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, to be naive.

And you wonder why people call you a democrat/liberal when you
so adamantly proclaim yourself a conservative
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-01 21:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, to be naive.

The republican party hasn't represented conservative ideals for about 45 years, and quite a few political analysts, including conservative ones, predict they can't win the white house again until they shed the very ideologies that currently define them among undecided voters.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-02 10:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

U.S. Senator Mikulski gives Obama key vote to protect Iran nuclear deal

Reuters

Quote:
Democratic U.S. Senator Barbara Mikulski said on Wednesday she will support the Iran nuclear deal, giving President Barack Obama the 34 Senate votes needed to sustain a veto of any congressional resolution disapproving the deal.

Thirty-two Senate Democrats and two independents who vote with the Democrats now back the agreement.

"No deal is perfect, especially one negotiated with the Iranian regime. I have concluded that this Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action is the best option available to block Iran from having a nuclear bomb," Mikulski, of Maryland, said in a statement.

"For these reasons, I will vote in favor of this deal."

Mikulski's backing means Obama's fellow Democrats will have enough votes to protect the nuclear deal between Iran and world powers in the U.S. Congress. The agreement, announced on July 14, exchanges sanctions relief for Iran for Tehran's agreeing to curtail its nuclear program.

U.S. lawmakers have until Sept. 17 to vote on a "resolution of disapproval," which would weaken the international pact by eliminating Obama's ability to temporarily waive many U.S. sanctions on Iran.

With Republicans virtually united in opposition, Democrats have spent the summer rallying support for an agreement seen as a potential legacy foreign policy achievement for the president.

Republicans hold majorities in both the House of Representatives and Senate, and are likely to pass a Republican-sponsored disapproval resolution. However, Obama promised to veto any such measure, and opponents would have needed two-thirds majorities in both chambers to override the veto.

Support by 34 senators means a veto would be sustained.

A resolution would also fail if deal supporters can muster 41 votes in the Senate to block it using a procedural motion. Senate leadership aides on both sides of the issue said it was still too early to say whether that would happen.

Mikulski's support leaves 10 undecided Senate Democrats.[/url]

Here's hoping for the best then. Although very weak negotiations between Iran and Obama, let's hope that it doesn't stab us in the back....
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-02 10:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet she just earned herself a nice cushy lobbying job when she retires next year.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-09-02 10:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, to be naive.

The republican party hasn't represented conservative ideals for about 45 years, and quite a few political analysts, including conservative ones, predict they can't win the white house again until they shed the very ideologies that currently define them among undecided voters.

Shed their ideologies? In their moment of triumph? I think you overestimate the Democrats' chances.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-02 10:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cross-quoting in hope to not derail the other thread
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
In 30 years when Europe is a Caliphate I bet they will look back and wish they focused on real problems.

How?

I might as well say "In 30 years when I am xyz I won't care/should have cared about xyz."

IDK how many hundreds of thousands of refugees are trying to get in just today? Who are they before they just absorb into the fabric of political correctness in Europe.
*sighs*
Immigration is the hottest topic currently. But just because that problem exists the rest of the world doesn't stop spinning...
Thos who studied natural sciences can't do much about immigration, so they keep doing their job.
As nurses keep nursing.
And teachers keep teaching.
And bakers keep baking.

It is just the same ***in a different era. As nations peak and prosperity is reached. When there is a down turn, problems, etc people always turn around and blame the immigrants. Then emotions spread like wildfire.

History will always repeat back to hating the Jews, Irish, Armenians, Slavs, etc. Anyone who is seen as taking a piece of the pie.

We all share in the good times together, but no one wants to share in the bad and it is everyone else's fault.
While it's true some political parties are quick to use immigrants as scapegoats, it is also true that right now the situation is completely unsustainable. Italy and Greece are in complete crisis over this, and the refusal of cooperation from France, Hungary, UK, and some other countries, only makes it that much worse.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-02 10:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about Greece, but Italy's been asking for EU's help about the problem for years. Their reply? "It's not our problem".
Now that the numbers are increasing and they're leaking in their countries too though it's suddenly important(and many of them, as mentioned earlier, still want nothing to do with it).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-02 10:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The same thing could happen to us because we rather build walls than a working system.I doubt there will be any good solution to what they face.
Unfortunately, that is a GOP held belief too.

Iowa poll released recently stated that nearly half of those polled want illegal immigrants deported. Without any thought into the consequences it will do to the economy....

This is what you get when you put feels over logic...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-02 10:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, not sure if this is a P&R issue or not, but....

Happy V-day in Japan 70th anniversary, and the official end of WWII.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-02 10:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Welfare usage among "hard" working immigrant households

Why are we obligated to care for other countries problems? Why are letting in people who immediately go on welfare?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-02 10:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps not having Silvio Berlusconi as the PM would have helped
Incredibly dishonest(and criminal)individual, but excellent at dealing with the public, that's how he got so many followers.

This is why you guys should take Trump seriously. I don't think he's as stupid as he make it seem. Win the show = win lots of voters.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-02 10:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Deportations should be off the table for America. We need a real pathway and working system and not money and resources on a bandage. How amazing it is that half the GoP wants Big Brother to find and expel these people, but then stay out of everyone's lives.
Want to discuss options then?

I will be more than willing to discuss what I think a reasonable immigration policy should be.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-02 10:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Oh yeah, these morons are stupid enough to film themselves doing this stuff

Planned Parenthood?

Oh sorry, wrong topic.

Slightly off topic, but have you seen the comparisons between the full length video and the edited one that everyone was outraged about?

Yeah, and I don't condone fancy editing to make a point that isn't actually there. I also don't condone harvesting brains of aborted fetuses with their hearts still beating either, so....

So? What use do they have for them compared to good use they can be put to medically?

Heck, I'm sure I can use your brain for medical purposes. Can I cut you up to get it while it's fresh or would you rather wait until you're dead?

Organ donor here /

If/when I die, hopefully my organs can serve some useful purpose. Or at least make decent Wednesday afternoon lesson plan for medical students.

Donating their organs is about the only way most of the Democrat base can actually contribute to society.

Be sure to tell that to the primary voters who currently believe Donald Trump is qualified to be POTUS.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-02 10:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Wefare usage among "hard" working immigrant households

Why are we obligated to care for other countries problems?

Pretty sure if immigrants are in America then it is America's problem.

Who said anything about caring for other countries problems? Pretty sure since we live in a global society, and interject ourselves into everyone's problems. That this is a silly thing to ask.
I'm not use to you making sense.

Is this Bizzaro-Spicy?
First Page 2 3 ... 905 906 907 ... 1375 1376 1377