Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-01 13:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
The US doesn't have the level of sustainability to generate jobs if it closed of it's borders (again) to international trade.

It can't generate enough petroleum oil, energy, or food, for 320 million people, the amount of jobs in existence would also plummet, as the rough majority of jobs, are currently dependent on tourism and exports.

Essential services would suffer, markets would crash, more lost homes, more homeless, and even the 1%'s would suffer devastating losses.

To say that we cannot produce enough food for ourselves is hilarious. Do you even realize how much food we can be capable of producing? Yet alone how much we produce now and ship overseas.

We would have to work on ethanol which we already have motors that can run on pure ethanol, as for energy you liberal are all for going more green right???????

Nobody's saying just cut the cord and start tomorrow either but it need to be worked towards.
even with all the cheaply imported food, the US still can't manage to feed everyone at a reasonable price. Is there lots of farm land in the US? There is. But it's woefully inadequate to manage the numbers the US has. Millions upon millions of people, especially children, in the US starve as it is.

Hell, even with the current hybrid energy systems being developed (many of which is still dependent on oil products to keep the parts moving properly), it's nowhere near enough to sustain in a year, what an average town uses in a month.

Hell, big business, especially oil companies, have delayed alternative energy sources and product development through lobbying, by nearly 50 years, so they can ride out the profit train, all the while increasing oil prices through speculation and OPEC.

There is a middle ground though - creating responsible energy that is business and consumer friendly

Wow.. Tell those "Millions upon millions of people, especially children, in the US starve as it is." That the government is paying farmers to keep land in the Conservation Reserve Program, doing absolutely nothing but growing weeds. Its amazing that you believe the USA cannot feed its 320million people and look to the government to help. Hahaha

The way I understood it, was that they were doing that mostly to keep food prices profitable. We could feed 320 million people domestically, sure, but not everyone wants to live on corn.
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 13:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I have NO degree, I have many skills. Being personally responsible does not mean go spend money on a degree that forces you into a job set that could not be employing people at the time.

Being personally responsible is having a vast array of skills so that you and your family are never left out in the cold.

Apparently running a business isn't one of them that you do very well huh?

We've been though this so yea your a troll.

Thinking I have no other skill's and sit around unemployed living off the government like you is highly presumptuous.

I have a CDL A and can operate literal any kind or large machinery. I am a diesel mechanic and able to fix anything. I can stick and mig weld. I have built four house's, and can tell you how many board feet are in a tree just by looking at it. I could get my journeyman card tomorrow for too+die if I felt like it. Not only that I could be an apprentice electrician making 25$hr tomorrow as well IF i felt like it.
Currently I am a herdsman for an old dairy farmer with 250 head that managed to squeeze past the crap of the past 7yrs because his cattle and farm are paid for.

I managed to learn all this without going to college or paying for any education.

We have been over this, and I am not a troll, nor living off the government, but reading comprehension escapes you (another one of your poor on non-existent skills).

I wouldn't want to be in any of those houses, or be in any building you wired, or handle anything you welded, as well I try not to do stupid things that are hazardous to my safety, and all of those things require proper education, something you obviously lack.

Edit: also; stay the hell off the road.

Troll
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 13:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh a self portrait, I said a video but hey.
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 13:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
The US doesn't have the level of sustainability to generate jobs if it closed of it's borders (again) to international trade.

It can't generate enough petroleum oil, energy, or food, for 320 million people, the amount of jobs in existence would also plummet, as the rough majority of jobs, are currently dependent on tourism and exports.

Essential services would suffer, markets would crash, more lost homes, more homeless, and even the 1%'s would suffer devastating losses.

To say that we cannot produce enough food for ourselves is hilarious. Do you even realize how much food we can be capable of producing? Yet alone how much we produce now and ship overseas.

We would have to work on ethanol which we already have motors that can run on pure ethanol, as for energy you liberal are all for going more green right???????

Nobody's saying just cut the cord and start tomorrow either but it need to be worked towards.
even with all the cheaply imported food, the US still can't manage to feed everyone at a reasonable price. Is there lots of farm land in the US? There is. But it's woefully inadequate to manage the numbers the US has. Millions upon millions of people, especially children, in the US starve as it is.

Hell, even with the current hybrid energy systems being developed (many of which is still dependent on oil products to keep the parts moving properly), it's nowhere near enough to sustain in a year, what an average town uses in a month.

Hell, big business, especially oil companies, have delayed alternative energy sources and product development through lobbying, by nearly 50 years, so they can ride out the profit train, all the while increasing oil prices through speculation and OPEC.

There is a middle ground though - creating responsible energy that is business and consumer friendly

Wow.. Tell those "Millions upon millions of people, especially children, in the US starve as it is." That the government is paying farmers to keep land in the Conservation Reserve Program, doing absolutely nothing but growing weeds. Its amazing that you believe the USA cannot feed its 320million people and look to the government to help. Hahaha

The way I understood it, was that they were doing that mostly to keep food prices profitable. We could feed 320 million people domestically, sure, but not everyone wants to live on corn.

Lol yup we can ONLY grow corn here in the USA.. Thanks for that observation.
By fonewear 2014-09-01 14:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-01 14:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Grains are grains, what other food crop would you suggest us growing?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 14:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
The Ballmer peak!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 14:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you seriously can't be bothered to understand what plants grow in our climate, I have no reason to even want to talk to you.
By fonewear 2014-09-01 14:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Steve Ballmer is that pixelated in real life also...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-01 14:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you seriously can't be bothered to understand what plants grow in our climate, I have no reason to even want to talk to you.

I'm quite aware of what grows in many of our climates, I'm curious what you propose to feed 320 million people with different tastes in a free market without limiting both producers and consumers choice in any way.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 14:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm quite aware of what grows in many of our climates, I'm curious what you propose to feed 320 million people with different tastes in a free market without limiting both producers and consumers choice in any way.

The question is what do we import that people think they need to have to survive.

Edit: My family and I eat very well and we don't buy anything that is imported.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 14:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I get a burger with a side of bacon, on some wheat bread, and corn on the cob on the side.

^ 'Murica!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-01 14:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The question is what do we import that people think they need to have to survive.

So you're all for limiting people's choice if it fits your narrative... got it.
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 14:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No really what do we import that you HAVE to have!
Edit: If its that big of deal to you, an answer should be really easy.
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 14:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I get a burger with a side of bacon, on some wheat bread, and corn on the cob on the side.

^ 'Murica!

Keep talking troll.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-01 14:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Truffles and caviar.

What is different from communism in your model? Everything people NEED, who cares what they WANT.
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 14:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Truffles and caviar

Typical liberal. We don't HAVE to import caviar. http://www.markys.com/Markys_Caviar_press/2003%20American%20Caviar.html If you want a truffle your probably ***of of luck anyways.
Edit for your Edit: We can grow and produce most likely 95% of anything you would want.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-01 14:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Typical liberal. We don't HAVE to import caviar. If you want a truffle your probably ***of of luck anyways.

Last I checked, part of our freedoms included free enterprise. If someone wants something and is willing to pay for it, why should you be able to deny it? Who is the liberal and who is the conservative?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-01 14:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Truffles and caviar.
Since when does either of those cater to the tastes of the 320 million Americans anyway?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 14:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

^ 'Murica!

Keep talking troll.
Like I said: video dude, video. Get to thevenizing!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-01 14:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Truffles and caviar.
Since when does either of those cater to the tastes of the 320 million Americans anyway?

Since when are the minority's rights not protected?
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 14:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Typical liberal. We don't HAVE to import caviar. If you want a truffle your probably ***of of luck anyways.

Last I checked, part of our freedoms included free enterprise. If someone wants something and is willing to pay for it, why should you be able to deny it? Who is the liberal and who is the conservative?

Truffles and caviar.

Our freedoms have nothing to do with the interest's of foreign powers.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-01 15:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't import turkish kaymak, which is made of unpasteurized milk.. the closest substitute we can get is clotted creme but it's not the same thing!! and you could try to make it yourself ....but of course if you make it wrong it kills you...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-01 15:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Truffles and caviar.

So you would deny Americans the right to access a global market in favor of an isolationist forced limited market... Again, your position sounds incredibly leftist.
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 15:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Truffles and caviar.

So you would deny Americans the right to access a global market in favor of an isolationist forced limited market... Again, your position sounds incredibly leftist.

Nope I would tax the imported goods accordingly, so the people that have a refined pallet of turkish kaymak or truffles have to pay for the life-style they choose to have. "People on SNAP/EBT should not have access to turkish kaymak or truffles".

Your idea of a "limited market" is laughable because the USA has the ability to produce everything we need but not the will to do it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-01 16:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Truffles and caviar.

Are you saying that either of those two luxuries are denied based on being a minority alone?
By Altimaomega 2014-09-01 16:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Truffles and caviar.

Are you saying that either of those two luxuries are denied based on being a minority alone?

He doesn't know what he is saying, doesn't even realize the USA can Grow and Produce practically anything.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-01 16:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Truffles and caviar.

He doesn't know what he is saying, doesn't even realize the USA can Grow and Produce practically anything.
Didn't he say that US can only grow corn and weed earlier?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-01 16:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

For two people who like to regularly criticize the reading comprehension of others, you both really have a knack for missing the point in such a fantastic manner.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-01 16:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So now you're changing your tune when faced with the obvious fascism it represents. Bravo, backpedaling like a boss.
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 1375 1376 1377