Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 893 894 895 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 08:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
This is also why we need to put a term limit on ALL political seats. Why would only the president have a limit on number of terms served? Political office should not be a life long position of power. This sort of thing is not much different than being a king.
Because how much power does 1 Senator really have? Or 1 Representative?

And it's not like once elected, they are there for life. They still need to be reelected once every 2 or 6 years, depending on the job.

President has a whole lot more power than any one person in Congress.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 08:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
This is also why we need to put a term limit on ALL political seats. Why would only the president have a limit on number of terms served? Political office should not be a life long position of power. This sort of thing is not much different than being a king.
Because how much power does 1 Senator really have? Or 1 Representative?

And it's not like once elected, they are there for life. They still need to be reelected once every 2 or 6 years, depending on the job.

President has a whole lot more power than any one person in Congress.

Especially when he takes every opportunity he can to bypass Congress.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 08:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
95% is the standard and is referenced in the latest IPCC report. On my phone but I can quote that later, if you'd like.

And, no, King. That's not how it works.

95% is the standard for a lot of experiments, but Floppy seemed to be referencing the entirety of anthropomorphic climate change research as if it were a single hypothesis with 95% confidence. I highly doubt that's the case.
Since we like to throw random percentages out, why not include the 97% of 63% of 28% of all climate science "studies" out there that say that global warming is man made.

To the defenders of the religion, that's nearly 100% (97%), while us realists understand that it's more like 17% (97% x 63% x 28%). Point that out to the zealots, and you suddenly become a denier.

That's... not how math works.
I don't know what's worse, that you don't know 4th grade math or the 3 people who gave you [+] also don't know 4th grade math....

I guess either you are trolling (highly likely) or you are a byproduct of the American education system and are trying to prove how failed the system really is...
By fonewear 2015-09-01 08:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are a billionaire you have more important things to worry besides hair.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 08:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

If I were a billionaire, I'd just wear a wig made out of rolled-up money to save me the hassle.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-09-01 08:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd wear a wig made out of poor people's hair.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 08:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were a billionaire, I'd just wear a wig made out of rolled-up money to save me the hassle.
It's also a convenience because you never have to worry about paying for stuff.

Only thing you would have to worry in that case is going bald.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 08:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Going bald is a problem for rich people. Case in point:

[+]
By fonewear 2015-09-01 08:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to meet a woman that cares more about hair than money.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-01 08:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What is this "my side" horsecrap? I've never voted for a Democrat in a national election and would never vote for a candidate by party affiliation. I've said I like Sanders, which I do, for his honesty and refusal to play with PACs, not for his sociopolitical views. Which are coincidentally the same reason I despise trump.

You have a very consistent record of defending claims made against Democrats and attacking Republicans. You claim there are legitimate problems with certain Democrat leaders, but only ever mention them when pressed. You freely insult Republican leaders on a regular basis. I can't go off of how you vote or how you see yourself, I can only go off of the dynamics of your posts in these forums. If you want to shake the stigma of partisanship, you have to actually try instead of making us take your word for it.

He claims that he took the time to go write-in Mickey Mouse last election. *cough*****cough*

He hammers the 'right' side of every issue then when he loses every debate he says 'well I haven't given my actual point of view' like he's Socrates or something.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 08:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to meet a woman that cares more about hair than money.

I can only think of one.

[+]
By fonewear 2015-09-01 08:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
What is this "my side" horsecrap? I've never voted for a Democrat in a national election and would never vote for a candidate by party affiliation. I've said I like Sanders, which I do, for his honesty and refusal to play with PACs, not for his sociopolitical views. Which are coincidentally the same reason I despise trump.

You have a very consistent record of defending claims made against Democrats and attacking Republicans. You claim there are legitimate problems with certain Democrat leaders, but only ever mention them when pressed. You freely insult Republican leaders on a regular basis. I can't go off of how you vote or how you see yourself, I can only go off of the dynamics of your posts in these forums. If you want to shake the stigma of partisanship, you have to actually try instead of making us take your word for it.

He claims that he took the time to go write-in Mickey Mouse last election. *cough*****cough*

He hammers the 'right' side of every issue then when he loses every debate he says 'well I haven't given my actual point of view' like he's Socrates or something.
Socrates posts on another video game forum

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 08:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still pretty sure you would not have said that if Bush was still president....
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 08:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
He also would not have won a third term. So I am pretty safe sticking to my belief on that one.

Obama has a rather subpar approval rating for a president in his last year. I highly doubt that he would win a 3rd term either. Clinton probably would have, and so would Reagan.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 09:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

He also would not have won a third term. So I am pretty safe sticking to my belief on that one.

Obama has a rather sub par approval rating for a president in his last year. I highly doubt that he would win a 3rd term either. Clinton probably would have, and so would Reagan.

Obama's 27th quarter - 46%
Bush's 27th - 35%
Average president 27th - 51%

Gallup.

Were you trying to prove me wrong or something? Par is another term for average. 51% is average. Obama is at 46%, therefore he is sub par. Comparing him to dubya isn't doing you any favors. Clinton's and Reagan's numbers were in the 60s, and H.W. Bush was at 56% and he still lost reelection.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 09:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT:
Obama's term average - 47%
Reagan's term average - 52%

Yeah, and Jimmy Carter averaged 45.5%. You're not making your case very well, and average doesn't mean squat for reelection compared to the final term percentages.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 09:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not bad for a black man who instituted an extremely controversial healthcare measure, has a third the country thinking he is a Muslim, and had even Trump asking for his birth certificate.
And why again did you have to input your little tirade?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 09:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I can say a ***sandwich or a condemned house is sub par, but it has no context or meaning.

This is a freaking percentage, it isn't some subjective nonsense. His approval rating fits the very definition of sub par. You're having a defend-o-bot cpu overload, let it go.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 09:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT:

Yeah, and Jimmy Carter averaged 45.5%. You're not making your case very well, and average doesn't mean squat for reelection compared to the final term percentages.
I'm sure he is going to point out that Obama had an approval rating of 69 once in his term.

Never mind it was he first week in office, and it had dropped ever since.

Also never mind that Bush had an approval rating of 90 once also.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 09:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I can say a ***sandwich or a condemned house is sub par, but it has no context or meaning.

This is a freaking percentage, it isn't some subjective nonsense. His approval rating fits the very definition of sub par. You're having a defend-o-bot cpu overload, let it go.
You shouldn't talk about percentages with Spicy, he doesn't understand them.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 09:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT:

I'm sure he is going to point out that Obama had an approval rating of 69 once in his term.

Never mind it was he first week in office, and it had dropped ever since.

Also never mind that Bush had an approval rating of 90 once also.

Despite that 90% he still averaged 49.6% overall.
And still is doing better than Obama.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 09:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't talk about percentages with Spicy, he doesn't understand them.

Your assertion is sub par.
That's the best you can come up with?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 893 894 895 ... 1375 1376 1377