Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 886 887 888 ... 1375 1376 1377

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-30 19:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Don't bother with Pleebo, you would have better luck yelling at a brick wall than with him.

Irony.
Same could be said about you too.

But regardless, we are all unbendable when it comes to our own viewpoints, agreed?
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-30 19:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You are all a bunch of buttheads, ok?

Moving along now....
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-30 19:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
Who exactly is making such a broad unsubstantiated claim? If there is a person being accused of making this claim, but in fact falls into hypothetical group 3. Then the accusers of that person would be your answer to:
Trump was/is, which is what started this discussion. Your group 3 makes no sense. No one is arguing against expelling violent criminal immigrants out nor are they equating that with hate speech.
When did Trump say all illegal immigrants are dangerous criminals? I haven't seen this video yet. I would like to see this video.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-30 19:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Who exactly is making such a broad unsubstantiated claim? If there is a person being accused of making this claim, but in fact falls into hypothetical group 3. Then the accusers of that person would be your answer to:
Trump was/is, which is what started this discussion. Your group 3 makes no sense. No one is arguing against expelling violent criminal immigrants out nor are they equating that with hate speech.
When did he say all immigrants are dangerous criminals? I haven't seen this video yet. I would like to see this video.
I think he was just referring to illegals.

Either way, he is wrong.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-30 19:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

When did he say all illegal immigrants are dangerous criminals? I haven't seen this video yet. I would like to see this video.
I think he was just referring to illegals.

Either way, he is wrong.
yeah those were the immigrants I was referring to. I just had left the word illegal out by mistake. I tend to leave out middle of sentences when I write or type. Really sucks I've always done this.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-30 19:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

The editing is questionable, but I couldn't index the actual speech and embed it.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-30 19:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

The editing is questionable, but I couldn't index the actual speech and embed it.
so... that was just a video with a bunch of short clips out of context.

I still haven't seen where he claims ALL illegal immigrants are dangerous criminals.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-30 19:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I still haven't seen where he claims ALL illegal immigrants are dangerous criminals.

He doesn't ever explicitly say "All". He throws in "and some of them are probably nice people" as an oh ***afterthought. At the very least, he's claiming the vast majority are violent criminals and that the Mexican government is actively exiling them across the border.

Edit: and when questioned about the statement that illegal immigrants are rapists, he replied with "well, someone's doing the raping". It's fairly clear he was speaking about the rates at which illegal immigrants are raped in the process of coming here, though I can't find any real information on that.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-30 19:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't ever explicitly say "All". He throws in "and some of them are probably nice people" as an oh ***afterthought. At the very least, he's claiming the vast majority are violent criminals and that the Mexican government is actively exiling them across the border.
Has anyone on either side come up with a documented statistic on these claims?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-30 19:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Donald Trump’s false comments connecting Mexican immigrants and crime (includes full speech text for context but it's not like it helps lol)

I never said anything about all illegal immigrants. My issue was with broad generalizations linking the group to violent crime.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-30 19:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone on either side come up with a documented statistic on these claims?

Not that I'm aware, but I don't hear anyone else on either side making similar or opposing claims.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-30 20:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Donald Trump’s false comments connecting Mexican immigrants and crime (includes full speech text for context but it's not like it helps lol)

I never said anything about all illegal immigrants. My issue was with broad generalizations linking the group to violent crime.
Yeah I agree those were some pretty ignorant statements he was making, and he was being too general in his observations.
As someone who is running for president, he needs to think for a few seconds and form complete thoughts before blurting words and later needing to clarify. I can relate with this because I can do this quite often and I get misinterpreted as a result. As for Trumps speech, I do not know what he is really trying to say, but it sounds very disorganised and more like rambling out some half thoughts. If this is any reflection of his character, then I wouldn't want him as president based on how disorganised and compulsive he appears to be.

Trump should just stick with his day job.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-30 20:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's where I'm at with the Donald. I don't necessarily disagree with most of his politics, just his overall aversion to facts and his braggart nature.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-30 20:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

we are all unbendable when it comes to our own viewpoints, agreed?

No.
I disagree with both statements!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-30 20:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

"When was the last time you saw a Chevorlet in Tokyo?" Apparently, Trump either never went to or never paid any attention in Japan....

A 10 second Google search brought up a dealer in the heart of Tokyo that sells nothing but foreign cars, including American....

Trump may talk like he knows what he is saying, but he mainly talks out of his *** all the time, and this is coming from a conservative too!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-30 20:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't bother with Pleebo, you would have better luck yelling at a brick wall than with him.

Irony.

But regardless, we are all unbendable when it comes to our own viewpoints, agreed?

No.
Not sure if you intended to prove my point or not....

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-30 20:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-30 21:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Irony.

No.
Not sure if you intended to prove my point or not....

Didn't.

So far, you've proven to be a hardliner. King has shown that he isn't.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-30 21:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Disagreeing with an untrue statement doesn't make one a hardliner.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-30 21:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you have just recently returned on your 3rd account Spicy, so you don't know that I have changed positions when proven wrong several times. And pointed myself out when proven wrong also (as long as there is evidence shown that my thinking is incorrect).

I tend to back my opinions with sources, but the few times I don't and get called for it, I eat my own words. Doesn't happen often though, but it does happen.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-30 21:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No, but apparently it makes you a liberal.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-30 21:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not admitting one's own viewpoints as erroneous does. Even worse when one does continue to present said viewpoint after being proven wrong with various sources.

Pleebo, you of all people are so ingrained in your limited viewpoint that you constantly attack anyone who doesn't agree 100% with your own stances....
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-30 21:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to figure out why you thought that statement was in reference to a single quote chain. I'm talking about Floppy's posts in general.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-30 21:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I'm trying to figure out why you thought that statement was in reference to a single quote chain. I'm talking about Floppy's posts in general.
Because that's where the conversation was?
Not admitting one's own viewpoints as erroneous does. Even worse when one does continue to present said viewpoint after being proven wrong with various sources.

Pleebo, you of all people are so ingrained in your limited viewpoint that you constantly attack anyone who doesn't agree 100% with your own stances....
You're conflating the presentation of evidence with an opinion. I don't dole out many opinions, but depends on the topic. For example, I've never given an opinion about Trump. I've just pointed out that his claims have no factual basis. That's not a stance. It is reality.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-30 21:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You're conflating the presentation of evidence with an opinion. I don't dole out many opinions, but depends on the topic. For example, I've never given an opinion about Trump. I've just pointed out that his claims have no factual basis. That's not a stance. It is reality.
Welp, I think we just discovered a lot about Pleebo with this statement.

He is too good to show evidence for backing his opinions, because, in his mind, they are automatically facts. That explains a lot about his stances in global warming.

Sources? Who needs them? Why form an opinion using facts when you can pretend that they are real because you magnanimously said so?

Why bring reason to the discussion when Pleebo, the God of all, said that it is so, and damn you for questioning him, you peon!
First Page 2 3 ... 886 887 888 ... 1375 1376 1377