Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 883 884 885 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-28 19:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

'Hate' is just a word liberals throw around when they cannot win the argument. Trump states facts that they cannot refute and it frustrates them terribly. Their only recourse is to call it hate speech to try to get people to not listen to him and to shut him down.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-28 19:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
'Hate' is just a word liberals throw around when they cannot win the argument. Trump states facts that they cannot refute and it frustrates them terribly. Their only recourse is to call it hate speech to try to get people to not listen to him and to shut him down.

What you said could be classified as hate speech though !

You triggered me with the word liberal. I find that offensive I'm a progressive !
By fonewear 2015-08-28 19:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

In fact you could argue I'm so liberal progressive I'm out of touch with other liberals.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-28 19:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

What you said could be classified as hate speech though !

You triggered me with the word liberal. I find that offensive I'm a progressive !
Broad insults aren't allowed have him banned!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-28 19:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm ready to pay more for fruits and vegetables. I'm willing to make that sacrifice.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 19:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

He states facts that aren't facts... Preying on frustrated and angry people. It's really uncanny how much his rhetoric sounds like this guy.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-28 19:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

He states facts that aren't facts... Preying on frustrated and angry people. It's really uncanny how much his rhetoric sounds like this guy.

You can't cite Hilter without a pic !
By fonewear 2015-08-28 19:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump compared to Hitler circle of life is complete.

What's next Bernie Sanders is the next Stalin ?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 19:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Godwin!

It was bound to happen eventually, however, the similarity in how the current nativist rhetoric is being expounded and the way it was in that situation is scary to say the least.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 19:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't cite Hilter without a pic !

I don't know what the problem is, he seems like a really sweet fella.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2015-08-28 19:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hilter wasn't so bad. You had to get to know the real Hitler the man that loved the outdoors nature etc.
By fonewear 2015-08-28 19:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the saying you got to kill a few million jews if you want to make an omelet ?

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-28 20:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Illegal immigrant is not directed towards any specific nation.

Why do you think that mexico is the only place where they come from?

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 20:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Illegal immigrant is not directed towards any specific nation.

Why do you think that mexico is the only place where they come from?

Considering Trump says the Mexican government is sending them... In reality, most of the hispanic illegal immigrants are coming from central american countries like guatamala, MOST illegal immigrants are not mexican.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-28 20:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you think the Mexican government isn't sending their worst here illegally. They are a drag on their nearly failed narcostate.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 20:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you think the Mexican government isn't sending their worst here illegally. They are a drag on their nearly failed narcostate.

Because there is no evidence that they are? I won't discount it as a possibility, but it's hardly fact.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-28 20:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Because there is no evidence that they are? I won't discount it as a possibility, but it's hardly fact.

Call it a conspiracy theory but I think they are. It makes sense.

Are their best sneaking here illegally?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-28 20:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry Hillary can't lose ! Or if she does they will do a recount circa 2000 !

Randomly jumping off to a topic no one is even talking about.

Let me check the title of the thread...random...carry on !

You know what you do.

Everyone knows what Fone does. Have you not come to grips with it yet?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-28 20:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Call it a conspiracy theory but I think they are. It makes sense.

Are their best sneaking here illegally?

It's more than likely a cross-section. People who are seeking work because they can't find any at home to build a better life for their family and some worthless scum looking for a place with nice stuff to steal and rich kids to sell drugs to.

Nothing about a government sneaking criminals into another country makes sense.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-08-28 21:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine references to godwin's law will become more commonplace in the upcoming years. Half of our government has been taken over by a group that expressive an excessive amount of nationalism, blames all their problems on a minority and just think things will be better if they just...shall we say, go away.

And their leading presidential contender wants to send in government officers and remove them from their home by force. The guy in second place wants to use drones on them.

None of that is really going to happen, but I think the excessive nationalism intrigues me the most. They love this country oh-so much but can't stop trying to break away from it. They love the constitution so much, except for the parts that they don't. If Trump was a more charismatic leader, and not a clown, I might actually be worried.

Also, if anyone wants a giggle, go to yahoo news, pick an article that bashes Trump, then pick an article that bashes Sanders. One of them has angry comments like it's written by a 4th grader, and the other from a college student.

I suppose I should post my question for the barrel of conservative wisdom, Amandarius, here, since the other thread has been delisted.

Quote:
I wonder, is there a way for Clinton to be alleviated from this issue without further enraging you?

I wouldn't want to think that you're someone who would pre-determine that she's definitively guilty without being convicted of any crimes, especially since literally no one knows the full story as of yet, which includes you. Listening to various conservatives talk about this for weeks on end now, it seems like there are only two possibilities: either she's guilty or she's being shielded by the democrats/obama/etc. Is the third option that all of this is really about nothing not possible?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-28 22:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweeping generalizations, check.

Troll baiting, check.

General partisan hackery, check.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-08-28 22:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing wrong with generalizations in this case.

The stigma behind generalizations comes from when you define a specific person based on generalizations without really getting to know the person to begin with. In this case, I'm generally talking about one side of our political spectrum, hence, the use of generalizations. It seems like you've been taught generalizations were bad but was never told why they're bad.

If this isn't allowed, then you literally can't say anything about either side since there isn't a single fact that everyone on either side believes in.

Of course, we all know you're just being a coward and hiding behind political correctness, like usual.

Anyways, I'm more interested in Ama's responses since, unlike you, he isn't scared to own up to his own political beliefs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-28 23:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, because anything short of the same old partisan bullcrap makes me a coward. And me hiding behind political correctness? Have we even met? Go back to your hole.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-28 23:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So after skimming the last few pages am I to understand that wanting illegal immigrants that are also dangerous criminals out of the country equates to hate and racism? Ending an unhealthy relationship with unruly company is neither hateful or racist.
And FFS don't take this out of context and say I implied that all illegal immigrants are dangerous criminals, because I said nothing of the sort.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 883 884 885 ... 1375 1376 1377